EIGHTEEN

EGOISM

Rae In had her eyes fixed on the mannequin immediately upon their arrival at the famous wedding dress boutique. Her eyes glistened due to the stunning dresses that has been displayed by the window. It was so pretty with every details of crystal beads, sequins and small synthetic flowers that not only make the dress look very presentable but also, which what she called; amazing.

 

Her eyes landed on the third piece from the latest collection on the shelf, just a perfect long sleeve off-shoulder dress with minimalist design. Simple but yet classic enough with the details of lace and luxurious material that made the white dress very, very special. It should be more perfect if she could wear it. Which made she vanished the thought immediately. There is no way that she can wear wedding dress twice in her life.

 

Impossible she must say. After all she was here to accompany her new friend to shop for wedding dress. Rae In could say that she is her new friend or maybe best friend too because they were just getting close for only a month and so. It happened due to Baekhyun visits to the hospital for his regular treatment and she become close with his fiancée right away. 

 

“Oh look at this amazing pieces! I’m in love” Sora said excitedly.

 

“Yeah. This boutique indeed have the best designer in Seoul” Rae In said. “Go ahead and try some. I will wait for you here” 

 

Sora glad that she choose Rae In to be her shopping partner. She have a great taste and enough experience as a wife that surely will help her a lot with the wedding preparation. Because finding the right dress can be just as stressful. Scoping out the fairy tale ensemble from head to toe is a pretty big deal. As much as she wanted everything to be perfect, there's really so much that goes into it. 

 

“How will I choose?” The soon to be brides finally muttered. “There are so many of them”

 

“How about you pick something that close to you ideal wedding dress. I’m sure that you have one in your mind right? Then that will narrow your choice down” Rae In said to convince her. 

 

Sora pause, “Rae In! Tell me about you experiences when you choose your wedding dress before!” She then took a place to sit beside her. 

 

Rae In suddenly frowning at a headless mannequin on the display. “Mine? Well, nothing fancy. I don’t even get to choose my dress. Everything has been arranged for me. It kinda sad too actually” 

 

“I’m sorry to bring up this. I guess it doesn’t really matter huh? I mean, you and Sehun are very stable right now. Nothing matter beside a strong marriage” Sora looked at her as she took her hand. 

 

As she started to look around and try few dresses, Rae In flooded with the memories of her wedding preparations. It supposed to be the best moment for a girl. To be able to plan her wedding perfectly with that she have been dreamed off, it is once in a lifetime event. But nothing fancy to her. She didn’t have friends to help her choosing a dress, not a supportive parents that supposedly be by her side in planing the wedding, but only a fiancée that she only met twice during their engagement. 

 

The first time was three week after their engagement party. Both of them met during the discussion with the wedding planner for the event. They were there but none of them bothered to give their opinions but just simply nodded to their elders suggestions. All she knew was her dress were designed by a famous designer from oversea and Sehun will have his custom made suit from his family personal tailor.  

 

The second meeting was at the jewelry shop. Her father has made her to dress up little bit extra on that day, different with the casual clothes that she always wear just to make sure she match with Sehun image when they going out together. He picked her up from her house and that was the first time ever that she took a ride together with her fiancé. It was so awkward and the silence almost kill them. 

 

“So hmm—“ He cleared his throat again when the words didn’t come out smoothly. “How are you?”

 

“Good. I guess so” That was the time that Sehun learned that she was just a girl with little to almost no word. 

 

“Rae In” He called her name calmly but sometimes secretly took a glanced at her. “Your father actually already have a set of ring ready for us, but I declined it”

 

She looked at him confusedly, “But why?” She just wanted an answer from him. 

 

“This marriage is arranged but somehow I think I wanted to this part to be real. That the least thing that I could do for you” He explained. “I want to properly propose you”

 

Sehun was so genuine and he have the kindest heart that made Rae In felt so thankful at the moment. And he was the man with promise too, at the jewelry shop when they choose their rings, Sehun suddenly suddenly propose her in front of everyone. It was just a simple act, like he just said ‘Marry me’ but for her it was more than everything. A perfect time with a perfect person that made Rae In finally declared that she just falling in love with a boy named Oh Sehun.

 

She finally snapped from her past when suddenly she heard her name been called for few times. “Hello? Rae In? Hey!” 

 

“Oh— sorry for not paying my attention. So Sora, have you got the perfect dress?”

 

“I found what I want” She showed her two dresses on her hands. A V-neck sleeveless long dress and strapless knees length dress. “But I have a bigger problem now. My baby bump!” 

 

“You are worried too much” Bailey snorted. “You are just in week 7 of the pregnancy. The baby bump won’t be that visible at this point. You will look gorgeous as usual!” 

 

It seems like the bride didn’t look too convincing. “What if I look fat in the dress and then Baekhyun didn’t want to marry me at the altar?” 

 

If Rae In could point out what made Sora and Baekhyun a good couple, it will be how dramatic they both are.

 

“Sora you are one of amazing beautiful woman that I met. In your wedding, you will look fabulous as hell. I can confirm that. Don’t worry about the possibility of things don’t work out with the wedding, because Baekhyun will never let you go no matter what. Nope, he wouldn’t dare to let that happen”

 

Call it experiences or what but Rae In know exactly how to break it down for the bride. Even when she have a doubt in herself, Sora know what Rae In has to say is coming from a genuine place of love. She’s good friend. She'll let her know what works and what doesn't, because Rae In just want her to look like a princess just as much as her want for her wedding.

 

The moment she step out of the dressing room and show her chosen dress, just from Rae In reaction alone, she know that that dress is the one that meant to tie the knot in. A wedding dress is both an intimate and personal for a woman. Then it must reflect the personality and style of the bride. Sora definitely made the right choice when she picked that perfect wedding dress. 

 


 

That car already honked twice and it caught Rae In attention right away. She jogs slightly towards the direction when she recognized the vehicle and wave at its owner after that. Sehun already waited in the car to pick up his wife. 

 

“Did you had fun, love?” He asked her as soon as she get into the car. 

 

She just nodded and started to tell him everything. “We went to get Sora wedding dress. It was so fun! I don’t know that it going to be this fun and tell you what....most of dresses are just too pretty! I wonder if this is the exact feeling....you know when girl get to buy her ideal wedding dress” 

 

“I might be over excited but I surely had the best time in helping her for the wedding preparation. I even help her to sort the guest list for the event!” She added. 

 

Sehun getting softened looking at his wife. He then cup her side of face and her cheek with his thumb. “I’m sorry that you don’t experienced that for our wedding before Rae In” 

 

“Hey babe don’t say that” She quickly make up to Sehun that seemed guilty. “I don’t really mind that...really. Past is past. The most important thing is I already have you”

 

“Speaking about past.....” He paused, “I’m going to bring you to meet someone today” 

 

Rae In had been pushing him to tell her who they are going to meet for the lunch session but no matter how much she asked him, Sehun refused to answer it. He said it’s going to be a surprise. But he strictly remind her that to keep being there and listen to whatever the person going to say first and warns her to not leaving the place. She’s getting more impatient and curious about the mysterious guest.

 

Sehun park his car at the basement of the five stars hotel, which she recognized the place as soon as she got there. It is own by her father and soon she realized that her husband are taking her to meet someone that haven’t met for so long. Her expression has changed since they step into the lobby. He noticed that and hold her hand right away to get rid the anxiousness in herself. 

 

She couldn’t do this on her own. That’s why Sehun was there too even though the father-daughter conversation might be personal. He just wanted to be there for her, and to reassure that everything is going to alright. They went straightly to the lounge and spotted their guest right away. Noticing the sweats formed on her forehead, he then squeeze her hand softly and whisper, “It’s fine. I’m here” 

 

“Have a sit” Mr Jung said. He then called a waiter to make an order. It remains silent between them and the awkward atmosphere didn’t really help it. “So....” He started the conversation. 

 

“I suggest that you should just tell us what you want, father. I bet that we shouldn’t waste your precious time” Rae In said with a harsh tone. It only made Sehun stared at her for the rude behavior. He signal her with a stern reminder for her to respect the elder. 

 

“It’s okay Sehun. I know why she still mad with me. I’m not a good father to Rae In. And for that.....” He sigh before finish up his sentence, “I want to apologize to you”

 

She was taken aback with that. Never crossed in her mind that her father will actually did that. “You have caused more damage to me and my mother....how can you just simply said that?!” Her voice are getting louder. 

 

“You had no idea how much we suffered because of you! You are selfish and you never care about us! Where are you when I need you the most? My mother died because of you!” She added. 

 

“I know.....It all my faults! That’s why...I decided to move away from your life. I get my lesson too. I’m diagnosed with cancer, stage 3. I couldn’t bear to hurt you anymore sweetheart so I’m leaving to America to get treatment. I’m going to migrate soon. You don’t have to worry, I’m not going to disturb your life anymore”

 

Rae In had her tears flown non-stop since then but still keep the silence. She don’t know how to react with everything. It’s true that she has been raised with a grudge towards her father, for everything that he had done before. The abusing, how he treat her mother, she witnessed it throughout her teenage years. It’s not going to be that easy for her to accept this. 

 

But at the same time, no matter how bad he was, that man are still her father. They only family that she got after her mother passed away. When he said that he diagnosed with a cancer, her heart felt like ripped into pieces. She knew that he’s not going to lasted and she wasn’t ready to loose another person in her life. And the fact that he will not being here just make her feel bad. She wouldn’t be the one who will take care of him. He wanted to go away, far from his daughter. 

 

“Father....don’t leave. We will be take care of you” Sehun said to his father in law. “We can figure it out together”

 

The elder just smile. “I made my mind son. This is my decision” He patted Sehun back. “I’m glad that I listened to Rae In mother words before” 

 

“What do you mean?” She finally spoke. “What did my mother said?”

 

“We both knew that when the time arrived, we will marry you off to someone that has the qualifications. To some business heir, but your mother personally pick you husband as the main candidate. I refused it at first because at that time Sehun family business wasn’t as big as us. I’m greedy and I always wanted more. But your mother said that he will be the one that will teach you about love and make you feel loved. Which what.....we can’t give to you properly”

 

“Sehun, the moment I handled her to you at the altar, I already swear convinced myself that you can make my daughter happy, and I didn’t doubt that. Please take care of her when I’m not here. Thank you for everything, son” He smile to both of them. He was being genuine this time, Rae In could feel it. 

 

Rae In get up from her seat and went to her father direction. “Dad...” 

 

She finally can call her father just like that, she finally drop the formality between them. All this while, she have been raised to keep their relationship formally. That man that she called father is just someone that became her legal guardian, not a lovely father that showered her with loves and affection just like everyone did. Rae In then surprised him with a hug, which she can’t remembered when the last time it happened.

 

Sehun couldn’t be more happy to see those the little family reunited like that. She has been suffered much and to have this kind of ending, he glad that he agreed when his father in law called him last week, to arrange this meeting. He knew that Mr Jung love her as much as Rae In love her father too, but with his selfishness and ego he had that hidden all this while. 

 

He learnt something too. That no matter how egoistic a man can be, he always have a soft spot that will eventually become his weakness. A true bond between family will never be broken. No matter much how much they despise each other in their life, a father-daughter relationship wouldn’t be easily break off. And how much he saw her father love her, that is how big his responsibilities to keep cherish Rae In in future. Soon, he will the only man in her life and he swear that he wouldn’t just take it lightly. 

 

Sehun will love her till his last breath. 

 


 

“I think I’m going to puke later” Baekhyun dramatically said.

 

“Calm down dumb! You look just fine to me. You are being nervous, thats normal” Sehun annoyingly replied as he fix his best friend bow. 

 

“Is it like this? How you felt during your wedding back then?” He asked. 

 

Sehun just nodded. “Yes but mostly I just feel so excited to kiss her on the altar” He put his final touch to the groom. “Alright now we are good to go! Cheer up big man!”

 

The wedding took place in of the luxurious resorts located at the outskirts of Seoul city. It’s not a big scale event but still an exclusive high-end wedding of the famous young CEO, Byun Baekhyun and his fiancée. They choose the concept of glamorous nature where it suitable with the place itself, covered with a lot of trees and fresh flowers along the venue. 

 

It was decorated well with the nature green theme with a bit touch of gold to make it look very luxurious and grand. Most of the guests are wearing the -theme dress and black suits for the men. They didn’t invite so many people, just to make it private with close friends, business partner and family. Being the most important guest of the day, EXO has a special table designated just for them near the altar. 

 

Some of them bring their partner as well. Apart of Sehun, Kyungsoo and Suho who already has their wife as the , the others are catching the rest attention with their partner. It could be their friend, girlfriend or maybe soon to be fiancée, just like Chen girl. Chanyeol being the biggest gossipers in the group didn’t let this chance just to slip away. He then asked, “So Chen hyung, when will the wedding of yours?” 

 

“4 months from now. How about you Chanyeol? Since you are too busybody about my life?” He rolled his eyes. “I’m not surprised when you started to court that cute doctor at the hospital”

 

Rae In be the first one to snapped. “Which doctor?!” There is only meant one thing. It could be her friend that they talked about. “Tell me Yeol!” 

 

“Dr Sandara” Kyungsoo whispered at her.

 

“We’re friend......so far” He gulped when Rae In had her eyes directly into him. “Well, I’m waiting for Kai to get married first” Chanyeol casually said that. Kai already choke on his drink when he heard that. 

 

“Why the hell that I have to be dragged into this?” Kai was annoyed. “I don’t really have anyone at this moment” 

 

“Really?” Suho smirks at him. “How about her?” He pointed to the designer that worked with Baekhyun fiancée wedding dress. They all knew that they have been close to each other. 

 

“Apparently this ex-playboy is too afraid in committing into serious relationship” Sehun suddenly made a statement. “You don’t have to, Kai. If you are confident enough then I guess you should just tell her about your feelings” 

 

Sehun were right about that. His best friend should just be confident about his feelings. Maybe he were talking about his feelings too, like when he just decided to be bold and tell Rae In straight away about how he felt about his wife. He couldn’t really pointed out when or where he realized that he started to love her, but he knew that this feelings are truly from his heart. 

 

The crowd were hyped when it announced that Baekhyun and wife are now officially married. They boys couldn’t hide their happiness to see one of their best friend finally to tie the knot. Both of them has gone through a lot of challenges in their relationship, including his tragic accident last month. And to be able to witness this day by themselves, it just so overwhelming.

 

When both bride and groom about to kiss, Sehun suddenly grab his wife hand and intertwined their fingers together. Rae In then lay her head into his shoulder, witnessing the sweet moment together. He said, “I still remembered how our first kiss back then”

 

“It was awkward” She added. “But.....so romantic” And Sehun leaned down to give her a peck on her lips. 

 

That was one of the brave moment that he did ever in his life. What a wedding without a perfect kiss, he thought. Even though they were arranged at that time, Sehun couldn’t really stop himself from giving her a kiss. Which he can proudly said that it really make her stunned for awhile. Her lips are so tempted and by that time he knew that the kiss wasn’t an act. He really meant it. 

 

She was nervous as hell. The time that they were done with the rings exchanged, he saw how nervous she was at the altar and from what he observed, it could be her first kiss too. When he locked his lips into her soft lips, he can feel her heartbeat. Surprisingly, it’s the same as Sehun. 7 years ago where she officially became a part of him.

 

Finally, it’s the time for the wedding tradition. Which the bride have to throw the flower bouquet and this is where some of guests will have to jump around like crazy to catch it. Rae In laughs hilariously when suddenly instead of having the girls on the line, Chen, Chanyeol, Kai and Xiumin already prepared to test their luck on catching the flowers. 

 

Sehun then suddenly pushed her slowly towards the crowd. He said, “Go on. It’s going to be fun”

 

“Alright guys you have to get ready!” Baekhyun scream from the podium. “My wife is going to throw it now!” 

 

It was chaotic as the boys starting to grab each other arm just to reach the flowers bouquet. They yelled to each other and it was so fun to watch as mostly this scene will be played by the girls. Traditionally, it were still believed that it can bring romantic luck for the future. Meaning whoever managed to snag the bouquet was obviously going to get married soon.

 

Everyone eyes stopped when the bouquet finally landed on a pair of hand. They gasped when they realized the owner. “Rae In?!” 

 

She was speechless too, never thought that among the beast that hunt for the bouquet, it was her luck that she got that first. The boys have the most disappointed expression ever, which only made the bride and groom laughs nonstop. “I’m so glad that those dorks didn’t get that!” Baekhyun was very satisfied. 

 

The next moment that she knew, Sehun already stand behind her with his hand wrapped into her tiny waist. “I guess then we just should get married again”

 

“Wait— I don’t understand” She was puzzled as expected. But when she look around, all her friends are grinning suspiciously. 

 

“I have surprise for you, love” 

 


 

Rae In was freeze in front of the mirror as she look at her reflection. Almost couldn’t recognized the person that stand in front of it, with a white long dress, which she admire during her visit to the wedding dress boutique the other day. It comes out beautifully just as what she expected and with the additional of extra makeup and hairstyles— she looks perfect. 

 

She was still in awed when the stylist finish up the last touch on her face before put the veil on her top of her head. It seems like she saw someone else in her body, this is totally not the normal version of Oh Rae In. This is not her very first wedding, she had been gone through all this process but it wasn’t same. She didn’t feel this excited as the first one. Even when the groom is the same person, Oh Sehun. 

 

Anyway, her husband has made this plan few days before the event. He told this crazy idea of getting married again to Baekhyun and his wife first; only to get that ‘are-you-out-of-your-mind’ kind of reaction. But soon he agreed as Sora already getting excited to fulfill Rae In dreams. With the help of Mina, the wedding boutique owner, it wasn’t that hard to figure out which dress that she love most. 

 

“Oh my God! Rae In! You look gorgeous!” Her friend, Sandara said. 

 

“You are here too? And why you both wearing the same dress?” As she pointed to her outfit and Sora. Apparently she just changed her wedding attire to match with Sandara dress. 

 

They just smiles while hugging her. “We will become your bridesmaid!” The next thing they know, Rae In already sobbing in mess. “Awww please don’t cry Rae In!”

 

”You guys are so amazing. That’s why I cried. I don’t have any friends back then during my wedding. I don’t have anyone to cherish me like you guys did on my big day. I don’t even feel all this excitement back then. I just....this is so overwhelming. Thank you so much” She said in between her tears. 

 

“If anything, it should be your husband, Rae In. He did almost everything. But don’t worry now, we all are here for you. The boys too. It’s your big day again!” Sora cheer her up. It works because she finally able to keep calm. 

 

They made a special event for them both. Sehun already changed to his suit, which he wore during the wedding 7 years ago. It still look nice on him, as always. He stand on the altar with the boys at the back, patiently waiting for his wife to be there. This idea totally sound crazy but he just wanted to make his wife happy. 

 

Back then, during their wedding, none of their friends were there. It just a small wedding between the family. Everything was arranged and he knew that it wasn’t as what she have dream before. From the hints that she always said every time they went to their friend wedding, he knew that she actually regret that she didn’t experience all of this. The excitement, the joy, the love of what every couple wait most— their wedding. 

 

Rae In and her two bridesmaids finally entered the hallway to the altar. His eyes search the crowd until they find her face. Again, he was stunned to her beauty. She just look so breathtaking in that wedding dress that it almost make him lost in the sight. How come he fell in love with the same person again and again? Even after 7 years, she keep drawn him to her. 

 

He hold her hand and guide her to the center of the altar. He just be there, mesmerizing her beauty. He muttered slowly, “You look beautiful as always, love”

 

"Thank you Sehun" She said. Eyes fixed on her handsome husband. 

 

The boys and their partner absolutely had no idea to interrupt their romantic moments up there but then they just couldn’t help but to awww and giggles at both of them. Suho was the first one to speak, “This is so romantic”

 

“I’m not crying” Everyone rolled their eyes when suddenly Chanyeol said that. 

 

Kyungsoo clear his throat. Apparently he was the one who still have the professionalism to carry on the event. “Well since you both already become a husband and wife, so maybe we can just skip it to the next part. Please have few words towards your partner”

 

Sehun started his speech, “Rae In. This is cliche and you probably heard this along the way in our marriage but I wanted to be the person that will tell this again to you. I love you and just like my promise to you, I will never leave you. You are the best thing that happened to my life” 

 

“And yes EXO too” He resumed his speech then, “We have to come so far from what we started. You are my wife and my biggest treasure. I want you to keep explore this whole life with you. Till my last breath. I love you Rae In, my ice princess”

 

Of course it made his wife burst into tears again. But not to be surprised when some of boys are shedding their tears too. They have been with both Rae In and Sehun for years, through thick and thin. They knew that these two had done so much to defend their marriage, even when everything seems to fall apart, they are the one who keep them together. EXO has already become part of their journey. 

 

With a deep breath, Rae In began her speech. “Sehun, before I got to know you, you were this great big mystery that I couldn’t wait to uncover. This cold hearted boy that the whole school been crazy about. Who are just so rude to me when we first met. But then, I had the biggest and most ridiculous crush on you”

 

She quickly stormed on Kai feet when he started to laugh to her statement. Then steadying resume again, “I had to said that I’m so thankful that the universe leading us straight to each other. Life with you has been such a rollercoaster ride. It’s such a thrill being your wife but it worth it. And yes, I love you so much. But I guess you can just love me alone Sehun” 

 

Everyone were shocked when they heard that. Sehun face has became so pale due to the unexpected words. 

 

“I’m pregnant Sehun” 

 

Sehun quickly grab her and hug her tightly before giving her the most passionate kiss in front of everyone. He didn’t mind that his friends getting cringed with him. He just wanted to show to the world that this amazing woman, Oh Rae In is his wife that he love most. The one and only girl that caught his heart ever since earlier. 

 

The fact that she announced this news at this beautiful event, it only made it more special. Finally, after so many years he finally get what he wanted in this marriage. Sehun is the most happiest person in this world right now. Nothing can stopped him. Because he have the most valuable person in his life. 

 

Rae In kissed him again softly and left her lips pressed to his for a few beats of her heart. Sehun was enchanted. She have filled his life with the warmth of her love and his heart, that once frozen with egoism, now will beats only for her.

 

 

 

 

A/N: Beware of over fluffiness Sehun in the epilogue chapter! Have fun!