A Pseudo Friendship

Difficult Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ailee and Hwagun entered the suite at The Peninsula Hotel and squealed with excitement at the luxurious accommodation. The suite is even bigger than their house and it has a great view of the harbour. Sohyun and Yoojung had asked them to pay only for their flight and they will cover the rest of the bills, so the girls would be able to enjoy without worrying about the cost.

 

Sitting at the sofa, Sohyun was typing a response to Seungho’s message when Jiwoo sat beside her. “Sohyun-ah, I want to tell you something,” she said meekly. Sohyun put down her phone immediately and turned towards Jiwoo, who was looking quite nervous. “What is it?” she asked. Jiwoo bit her lips and hesitated before she spoke, “Minseok asked me to be his girlfriend and I said yes. I’m sorry!” “Wait.. that’s good news. Why are you apologising? It is good, right? You want this?” Sohyun was confused. Jiwoo nodded, blushing profusely.

 

Jiwoo had been concerned for Sohyun’s feelings. She only got together with Minseok for a few weeks and they are now dating officially. Whereas, Sohyun was not getting anywhere with Seungho. But she saw her friend was smiling happily for her.

 

“Yoojung! Saeron!” Sohyun shouted as she hugged Jiwoo. Yoojung walked out of the bedroom, still buttoning her top, and asked, “What?” “Our timid Jiwoo is now officially dating Minseok, did you know that?” Sohyun said excitedly. Saeron who was behind Yoojung screamed and the four friends from high school hugged each other.

 

They had a celebratory lunch at a famous dim sum place. The girls bombarded Jiwoo with questions about her relationship with Minseok, what she likes about him, how did he confess and many other personal questions. It was definitely a good start to the vacation.

 

They went shopping after lunch. They pounded the pavement until their hands were laden with shopping bags. Dumping her bags on the floor, Sohyun threw herself on the bed. Yoojung joined her. “OMG, I didn’t realise shopping is hard work.” Sohyun started to giggle. “You are such a brat!” Yoojung told her before joining in the giggle. “You are a brat too!” Sohyun poked Yoojung. Before long, the two of them were laughing away.

 

After calming themselves, Yoojung rested on her arms and looked at Sohyun who had her eyes closed but with a smile on her face. “You ok?” Sohyun opened one of her eyes and gave a questioning look. “You know, she is now officially dating, but you are still in .. I don’t actually know where you are at,” Yoojung said softly. Sohyun was touched by the concern her friends have for her. They’ve been friends for so long, and they do care for each other.

 

“I am sincerely happy for Jiwoo. Anyway, I am so used to be the one that’s not dating..” she gave a knowing look. Yoojung grinned. “Don’t you feel upset that you and Seungho is not getting anywhere?” She shook her head. “Ok, Of course it would be nice if we are dating. But I am contented with where we are now,” Sohyun honestly told Yoojung. Seungho had been very caring towards her, they texted and talked to each other all the time. She doesn’t think she missed much.

 

Her phone rang. It was Seungho. Yoojung asked if she should leave the room but Sohyun shook her head. “Yoboseyo,” she answered.

 

“What are you doing now?” Seungho asked.

 

“Laying on the bed, exhausted. I don’t think I can walk anymore,” Sohyun told him about their shopping spree. Hearing her talked about it, Seungho felt exhausted.

 

“I never understood how women can spend the whole day on shopping. But if that made you happy, good for you then. I called because I wondered what had happened. We were texting earlier and then suddenly you disappeared,” he said.

 

“Oooppss.. Sorry. I got distracted. Jiwoo told me that she and Minseok is now officially a couple. And I got distracted by the good news. After we finished screaming in the room, we went out to celebrate it at lunch. I forgot about your message after that. Mian,” she apologized.

 

Seungho had heard about Minseok and Jiwoo from Sooho. He was concerned if Sohyun would be affected, but she seemed ok. But he wondered if this was the façade she put up or her real self. Seungho was silent.

 

 “Yoboseyo?” Sohyun said to the silent phone. “Seungho?” Sohyun raised her voice. Yoojung looked at her, raising her eyebrows. Sohyun shrugged.

 

“Are you ok?” Seungho suddenly asked. “Huh? I am, just tired from all the walking,” Sohyun replied warily, confused at the sudden question. “No, I meant are you ok with the news on Jiwoo and Minseok,” he said softly, his voice filled with guilt.

 

Sohyun smiled. “You, Jiwoo and Yoojung are worried unnecessarily. I’m good. I’m sincerely happy for Jiwoo and Minseok. Hey, I’m not a softie,” she chuckled. They chatted a bit more before hanging up.

 

When Sohyun put down the phone, she saw Yoojung sitting up looking perplexed. “What?” she asked. “I think you and Seungho have the weirdest relationship,” she said and shook her head.

 

The girls filled up their vacation with spa and more shopping. They were lazing at the living area when Ailee suggested going clubbing. “There must be a popular club with hot men around. We singles need to party! I want to hit on men and can’t wait to be hit on too. The couples should give us singles reign that night, Araso!” The girls laughed and agreed.

 

Saeron turned to Sohyun and asked, “Where will you be?” Sohyun looked at her quizzically, “I will be at the party of course. I’m not going to miss it.” Saeron shook her head, “I meant, will you be with us singles and available or with those two Singles but not available?” Sohyun chuckled, “Definitely with the singles and available. I also want to hit on men and get hit. I want to party!” There were cheers at that announcement.

 

Yoojung quickly called up the concierge to find the top club in Hong Kong where hot young mens would party. There were several choices but they decided to go to the one the concierge recommended which happened to be not too far from their hotel.

 

Before they set off in their club outfit, Jiwoo warned the singles, “No one bring a guy back to the room, araso?” The girls laughed and promised. When they arrived, it was close to 11pm, perfect timing for the club to rev up. The six pretty girls attracted attention when they walked in and sat at the reserved area. There were hoots and whistles from the guys that were admiring them. They decided to sit and listen to the music first while assessing the club. There were hot guys around, so the girls were satisfied.

 

When they were dancing together, a group of guys hit on them. The guys started dancing next to them, and then maneuvered themselves to partner with each girl on the dance floor. The guys later joined the girls at their table. One of the guys, Eric, a tall guy that looked like he just stepped off a magazine cover, chatted up Sohyun. Jiwoo and Yoojung were surprised to see Sohyun entertaining the chats with smiles and giggles and even some flirtations. They decided to take photos of them to get Seungho jealous.

 

When Eric left to get drinks, Jiwoo asked Sohyun if she likes him and what about Seungho. “What about Seungho? We are friends, or more than friends, I don't know but we are definitely not a couple. I should be able to flirt with other guys just for the heck of it. Anyway, this is just for fun, no worries,” Sohyun winked as she accepted the drink from Eric. However, Sohyun only pretended to drink it as she did not trust Eric yet. By the end of the night, Sohyun only danced with Eric but she limited the skinship to allowing him to hold her hand as he led them to the dancefloor.

 

The next morning the girls woke up late. Although Sohyun did not get drunk, her head was also throbbing as she had drunk more than her usual one glass. She is a light drinker but she overdid it yesterday. They were e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter