Circle of Friends

Difficult Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Will Sehun be here?” Seungho asked as they drove into the hotel’s carpark.

 

Sohyun shrugged. “Not sure. I received the invitation during exams, so I didn’t have time to find out who is going. But most likely, cos he usually supports this event.” Then turning to him, “What’s with you and Sehun. Do you like him or something? Let me remind you that he’s taken.” Seungho guffawed.

 

“I do like him,” he glanced cheekily at Sohyun. “He has asked me a couple of times about the chat I wanted to have with him but I never contacted him. So, I feel bad.”

 

Sohyun tilted her head, as she gazed at his side profile. “You know, just because I introduce you to someone, it doesn’t mean that you can’t contact them when we fight or split.”

 

“I do feel uncomfortable to contact them when we were not together. But it’s a moot point now. We are together and we are not splitting,” Seungho reached out and squeezed her hand. Sohyun nodded happily.

 

When they stepped out of the car, Seungho immediately took her hands and walked towards the ballroom. After several steps, he noticed Sohyun was staring at him. He turned, “Stop staring at me. You are my official girlfriend now, so of course I hold your hand.”

 

Sohyun did wonder if he would hold her hands when they are at the event. When he did, she felt so happy. No more pretense, no more hiding of his feelings to her circle of friends.

 

When they stepped into the ballroom, she quickly searched for Yoojung as they’ve agreed to sit together. Catching sight of her, Sohyun directed Seungho to the table.

 

“Myungsoo, I didn’t know you are going to be here,” Seungho shook hands with him. Turning to Sohyun, he raised his eyebrows, “Myungsoo attends this and you don’t want to bring me along?”

 

Sohyun gave him a sheepish smile.

 

He pulled her closer. “Don’t do this again, please,” he whispered to her ear. “I feel unwanted and undeserving to be your boyfriend.”

 

Startled at his unexpected conclusion, she quickly shook her head. “I’m sorry. But it’s not because of that. I told you I thought you won’t like to attend. I promise, from now on, you’ll get drag to all sorts of events.”

 

After introducing themselves to the other couple at the table, they sat down and chatted with their friends. Seungho and Myungsoo chatted about soccer with the other guy while the girls were going through the booklet of the outfits that would be on the show, deciding which one worth considering.

 

“Sohyun, you came!” Mingyu called out as he approached the table. Sohyun stood up and greeted him with a hug and air kisses. “Why didn’t you let me know you are coming?”

 

“I just finished my exams. I didn’t have time to contact anyone,” Sohyun explained.

Mingyu turned to Seungho. “Hi, there. You are brave coming to the high tea without checking out if Nayun will be here. She is here. And she has just dumped her boyfriend,” Mingyu told Seungho with a meaningful, knowing glance. 

 

Sohyun quickly glanced at Seungho who smiled comfortably. “I’m not worried,” he said with a wink. Mingyu was taken aback. Turning to Sohyun, he exclaimed, “Your friend is getting braver I see.”

 

Seungho stood closer to Sohyun and put his hand on her waist possessively. He spoke firmly, “I have a girlfriend. I’m off limit to Nayun.”

 

Mingyu noted the significance of Seungho’s movement. He stared at the hand on Sohyun’s waist before raising it to meet Sohyun’s awkward and embarrassed gaze. He raised his eyebrows.

 

Sheepishly, she nodded. “We are dating now,” she said with an embarrassed laugh.

 

“For real??” Mingyu asked. Clearly, he did not believe them. Sohyun nodded with a smile. “Sehun was right, then. He did say that the two of you are dating. I must call him over,” he was flustered. He looked around until he saw Sehun across the room and waved him over.

 

Sohyun wanted to explain but he raised his hand and signal for her to stop. “Sehun, they are dating!” he said conspiratorially as Sehun approached the table. Sehun nodded smugly, “I told you so. You are just not observant enough.”

 

“We just started dating not too long ago. We weren’t dating before,” Sohyun tried to explain. Putting his hand on her arm, Sehun nodded dotingly. “Araso. But the two of you liked each other even then. It was obvious.” Sohyun blushed. Seungho watched the interactions silently as he waited to chat with his cousin.

 

“Now that you are finally dating Sohyun, are you going to give me a call and have our chat?” Sehun asked Seungho. Seungho grabbed his cousin’s hand in a warm handshake and chuckled as he nodded his head. Seungho hopes the rest of his relatives are as nice as his cousin Sehun.

 

“But before that, let's play soccer. We have a game tomorrow morning.  Join us. I’m not taking a no for an answer,” Sehun continued. With a happy smile, Seungho agreed. “Let me introduce my friend, Myungsoo. He is also a soccer player in our Uni,” Seungho gestured towards Myungsoo, who quickly stood up to shake hands.

 

“Great! Both of you will be in my team tomorrow,” Sehun clapped his hands happily. Turning towards the girls, he suggested, “Yoojung, Sohyun. Now that your boyfriends are playing soccer with us, why don’t you girls form a cheerleading team? Give us something to play for.”

 

Yoojung raised her head towards Sehun. “We’ll cheer our boyfriends. Get your own girlfriend to cheer for you,” she said plainly. Then, leaning forward, she continued, “Do you actually have a girlfriend because I have yet to see her even though you supposedly have been dating her for over 2 years.”

 

“Ah.. you must be very curious, little Yoojung. You’ll see her one of these days. I’m still on working on it,” he winked.

 

At that moment, Mingyu grabbed Sehun’s arms and whispered loudly, “She’s here.” Everyone turned towards the direction Mingyu was staring at and there was Nayun strutting towards them.

 

Her eyes were clearly on Seungho and her smile widened as she neared him. Ignoring everyone else, she walked up close to Seungho, leaving barely any space between them as her fingers run lightly over cheeks down his throat. “You are here handsome,” she drawled seductively.  “I’ve been looking forward to today. Meet me after the event,” as she put a room card inside his jacket pocket while she leaned forward intending to kiss him.

 

Seungho cleared his throat, took a step back and returned the room card, indirectly rejecting her kiss and the afternoon tryst that was offered. He noted her eyes widened in surprise at the rejection. With a friendly smile, he spoke softly, “A

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter