The Confession

Difficult Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sohyun rolled her head around, trying to release the tightness from her neck. She had been studying for the past 3 hours straight and her neck is so stiff. She turned to see Saeron sleeping on her book. Across from her, Yoojung was studying while Myungsoo was also sleeping. Yoojung had her hand on Myungsoo’s on the table, clasping it lightly.

 

She looked enviously at her friend. She has seen the progress in Yoojung’s relationship with several guys but this time, it seemed like the real deal. Yoojung has become less headstrong and more willing to accommodate Myungsoo’s needs. When she planned something, she would pause and consider Myungsoo before making any decision. It was no longer about herself. Sohyun wondered why does love comes easy for some, and not for others.

 

She pulled out her phone and texted Seungho, who studies at home.

 

To The Shoulder

I’m tired of studying. Two more weeks before exams start. I wish it was already over.

 

To The Hand

Come over to my place.

 

To The Shoulder

Thank you, but no. I got 2 questions on Stats that I’m stuck. Can I text it over and you go through with me tomorrow?

 

To The Hand

If you are here, I can help you immediately. But sure, send it across

 

Sohyun appreciated the help on Stats that she is getting from Seungho. He has been a great help and a wonderful companion, she thought with a smile. Shaking her head, she reminded herself to focus on her revision.

 

“Seungho, are you sure this is still ok?” Jieun asked. He glanced at her as he continued driving. “What is?” he asked. “Sending me to the doctor. I heard rumors that you are dating Kim Sohyun, one of the cheerleaders,” Jieun explained. “Since when you pay attention to rumors. Anyway, leave it alone. It’s like the rumors about us. People will lose interest after some time,” Seungho replied.

 

“So it is just rumors? You didn’t go out with her, for dinners or movies?” Jieun probed. “We do go out for dinners, but we are not dating,” Seungho explained. “Oh, so it’s like us, what you have with her. Like our friendship?” Jieun asked.

 

Seungho was silenced. His relationship with Jieun is purely platonic. They don’t have any skinship, they don’t spent time together because they want to be with each other. He sees her when there are things to discuss or when he needs to send her to the doctor. He sometimes has dinners with Jieun, when either of them are bored eating alone and needed company and she sometimes come over to cook for him. He could go for days not talking to her and it didn’t matter. He doesn’t know how to define his relationship with Jieun, they are not close like family, and now, he wasn’t sure they are close enough like friends, well at least not the way his friendship with Sohyun is.

 

“So?” Jieun pushed for a response. “Yeah, similar except I see her more often because I’m in soccer and she is in cheerleading and we are both in the same faculty,” Seungho responded. “Ok, but you are not killing the rumors because it will stop other girls from going after you, right? But now, you look like having two relationships if you still send me to the doctor,” she pointed it out to him. “Heck Jieun, I don’t give a damn about those rumors,” Seungho answered sharply.

 

The next morning, Sohyun was crying when Seungho arrived at the steps. He quickly sat beside her and pulled her into his arms. She circled her arms around him and cried. Since she has Seungho’s shoulder to lean on, Sohyun has grown stronger emotionally. She was less likely to cry because of the fights at home. She would think of him and when she did see him, his presence and their chats would lift her up from the ache in her heart from seeing the wreck of a family she has. It still affected her, but she could handle it without crying.

 

But the fights at home has escalated. The two families have agreed on the wedding date for her brother and the girl from a family that owned a huge trading company. Her father has asked her brother to break off with his girlfriend before the wedding but he refused. He reminded his father that he himself has two families, so he was in no position to tell him to do it right with his new bride. This sore point led to many arguments between the two of them, with various threats thrown around. But Sohyun still did not tell Seungho the reason for her tears and as he had promised earlier, he did not pry. He would just be there for her, to comfort her and Sohyun badly needed his comfort.

 

During lunch Seungho texted Sohyun to check on her. She reassured him that she felt better and thank him for that morning.

 

To The Hand

You know my shoulder is always here for you.

 

To The Shoulder

That’s it?

 

To The Hand

You want more than my shoulder?

 

To The Shoulder

Aren’t you going to remind me as long as I don’t fall for you?

 

To The Hand

I thought that was understood, no reminder required.

 

Sohyun stared at the message and her hands trembled. They have gotten closer over the past months and she had hoped he felt more for her than just friendship. His gestures, his gazes and his care and concern for her had made her thought that maybe, she can be that exception for him. Reading that message, she realized that she was being delusional. Her lack of experienced in relationship clearly shown. But she could not run away from the feelings she has for him.

 

That night, she came back home to more fights. Her mom stopped her from going up to her room and asked her to sit with them as she has something to say to all of them. Everyone waited since her mom rarely speaks even during fights, she would silently observe and only interfere if the quarrels escalated to a level that she felt was out of bound. Sohyun sat down quietly, just staring at her lap. Her mom, with her back straight, stared directly at her father and in her chilling cold tone, she said,

 

“In front of my three children, I will say this once. If you disown either Seo Joon, Soyoung or Sohyun, I will file for divorce. I will drag your name and your filthy mistress through the mud and I will make sure you have nothing left in your name or your mistress or her children. Do not think I do not know you have transferred some assets into their name. I have checked my legal rights and I know I can go to court and make sure those are returned back into the family. Don’t you forget, it was my family’s money that kept this company afloat and that is a publicly known fact that my father had done to ensure the assets stay with the family under my charge. Disown any of the children, you are out of this house without a single penny. I’ve tolerated you enough. I stayed in this farce marriage because I want to make sure my children get their inheritance and not given to someone’s else.” She paused.

 

“Tomorrow, I will get my lawyer to claim back my properties from your mistress and her children. If you don’t want it to be splashed on the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter