His Family

Difficult Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sohyun sat on the sofa, her legs curled under while she ate her ice cream. She was at Seungho’s place for dinner, and his mom had called him soon after they finished clearing the table. “Sorry about that,” Seungho apologizes as he sat down besides her. “My mum has a lot to say tonight.”

Scooping a spoonful of the ice cream, she offered to him. As she ate the ice cream, she fed him at the same time.

“You have ice cream on your lips,” Seungho commented. Immediately Sohyun her lips. “Wait, let me help you there,” he offered as he leaned in. Sohyun leaned away, chuckling as she knew it was a trick. “Don’t need, don’t need,” she giggled. But Seungho was persistent and his lips landed on hers and he gently her lips.

“There, its all clean now,” he snickered. Sohyun rolled her eyes. “Oh wait, there is still a speck there,” and he dived in again. But this time, he started kissing her while his hands removed the ice cream from her hand and put it on the table. He did it without skipping a beat. Sohyun leaned back and glided her hand to the back of his neck, tugging his hair at the nape as she savored his mouth nipping and her lips. She returned his kisses with fervor.

It’s been three weeks since Busan and there had not been a shortage of kisses. Seungho seems to be making up for lost time, finding any opportunity to kiss her. Sohyun is not complaining, as she has been enjoying their kisses.

Sohyun know she is lucky because Seungho is a good kisser. When he kissed her, she experienced pleasurable sensations that at times even overwhelmed her. She had heard horror stories from her friends about some of their kisses; bad breath, chapped lips, slobbering, messy and even cringy. She knew he must have experience since he had a girlfriend before. But she wondered if there was only that one girlfriend in high school, or he had kissed others. Thoughts of how far did he go with his ex-girlfriend and other girls also swirled in her head. She worried that due to her inexperience, she may come out short, or unknowingly commit a kissing faux pas or that Seungho may not enjoy kissing her as much as he did with others. She was curious but she wasn’t sure how to ask.

While holding her in his arms, Seungho spoke, “Princess, you know I’ve decided not to work this vacation.” She nodded her head slightly and whispered, “I feel bad about that.”

With one finger, he lifted her chin up, “Why? I’ve explained to you my reason. Its my last vacation before final year. I’ll be slogging this coming year and then real work beckons. This is my only time to take a break.”

Sohyun searched his eyes. He does seem sincere, but she can’t help but feel that she played a part in it, and felt guilty from taking him away from the experience he wanted for his goal. She lowered her head to rest it in the crook of his shoulder, but Seungho tilted her chin up again. He wanted her to look at him.

“I won’t deny that I want to spend more time with you, and that plays a part in my decision. Instead of working, I have been networking. Sehun has brought me to several meetings, lunches and drink sessions with his contacts. I’ve learned so much more on the management aspect and in strategic planning. I don’t get this from the works that I have done. I can’t do this if I am working,” he explained gently.

Sohyun smiled gratefully at his assurances and for making her feel less guilty.

"It seems like you spent a lot of times with Sehun. Are you two timing me?" she teased.

He laughed. He has been spending a lot of time with Sehun and cannot deny that he personally enjoys it. He could see himself being best buds with his cousin if they had grown up together.

“Since I’m not working, I should spend some time at home too,” he continued. Sohyun had heard his part of the conversation, hence she knew what was coming. “I’m going home for about 10-12 days before vacation is over. It’s low season, so there won’t be much to help out but I should spend some time with my family.” Sohyun nodded.

“I want you to come and join me,” he said quietly before chuckling at the shocked look on Sohyun’s face. “What’s wrong? I want to introduce you to my family.”

Immediately she shook her head. “No, no. It’s way too soon,” she protested.

“I don’t think so. Ok, maybe not the whole time I am there. You visit for a few days?” he persuaded her.

She adamantly refused. “Seungho, please. This is ridiculous. Just go and be with your family and I see you when you come back.”

But Seungho refused to compromise. He really wanted her to come to Jeju so he could show her the beautiful island and his favourite places. “What if I ask the gang to come over for a vacation?  Would you feel more comfortable that way?” he suggested.

Sohyun bit her lips. Going as a group is definitely better. But is she ready to be introduced as his girlfriend to his family? She raised her eyes and saw he was hopeful. She sighed, “Ok, only if the rest agreed. And it would be a group vacation, not specifically to meet your family.” Seungho flashed a brilliant grin, happy he got his way.

 

They met the rest of the gang for dinner a few days later. Over dinner, Seungho brought up about a trip to Jeju. The gang agreed, fully aware that they are there as decoy for Sohyun.  Seungho had promised them free lodging and free food which they happily accept. 

 

He stood there in excitement as he waited for the gang to arrive. Seungho was excited to bring his friends around Jeju, and of course, to introduce Sohyun to his family. He was certain his family would love her. As he craned his neck looking out for his friends, he saw Myungsoo ahead with Youram while Saeron and Yoojung flanked Sohyun at the back. He smiled when his eyes landed on Sohyun. He knew she was nervous. She had asked him to promise to not introduce her as his girlfriend as yet, but he refused. He didnt understand her concern. They are together finally and he could not wait for his family to meet her. His mom is excited too.

After greeting his friends, he held onto Sohyun's hand as he led them to the van that would bring them to the resort. As he drove, he pointed some of the interesting places along the way. Saeron asked if they can check out Cafe Monstant Aewol, a cafe opened by Gdragon. "Sure, lets go there for drinks later before dinner. We can see lovely sunset from there. Then we have seafood for dinner." The group was excited and asked which one. They had been researching on eateries in Jeju. Seungho told them that this is a local place that not frequented by tourists but the food is very fresh and extremely delicious. "I'm going to bring you to the true local gems." 

With the chattering and excitement at the back of the van, Seungho noticed that Sohyun was quiet. Her eyes were staring at the view that they pass, her thoughts seems very far away. He reached out for her hand, "Hey, you ok?"

There are many things that lay heavy on Sohyun's mind. Her relationship with Seungho has not been easy to say the least. They only started dating and she is still not secured in their relationship. She has not gotten rid of her fear that Seungho may set her aside again when he feels that their relationship is impeding his goal. Hence she is not ready to meet his family despite his reassurance. She is now relying on his confidence that his family would support them.

She turned to him and gave him an uncertain smile. When he raised his eyebrows, she bit her lip and asked softly, "Can you not introduce me as your girlfriend?" Its her last attempt to settle her heart.

Seungho stopped at the traffic light that had fortuitously turned red. Pulling her towards him, he kissed her forehead. "Don't worry too much about it. Anyway, I can't do that. They already know and Omma is excited to meet you," he beamed. Sohyun could only shove down her concern and smiled back.

They stepped down from the van and looked around the resort. This was a far cry from the bed and breakfast that Seungho sold to them. The resort is a complex of traditional cottages that house the recepti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter