Wariness

Difficult Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The weeks past by quickly. Seungho and Sohyun did not have much opportunity to go on dates. Instead, they spent their time studying together; during the weekdays in school and the weekends at Seungho’s place. Although it may seem very boring time together, they were content with the arrangement for the time being.

 

“What are your plans this vacation? You will be working at another hotel?” Sohyun asked as she ate her dinner at the school canteen. Seungho slowly chewed his dinner as he thought of the response. He had not arranged for work this coming school vacation as he had been too preoccupied trying to get her back. But he didn’t want to tell her that; because she may assume misplaced responsibility for it. “I’ll go for some courses, and maybe find a job after a couple of weeks,” he told her. Then he looked up at her, with a smirk, he said, “And I want to spend some time with my girlfriend.”

 

She blinked a couple of times, feeling a slight guilt. She does want the time together. They have not gone on proper dates but she was reminded of the reason why he held back from dating her before. “You can work immediately. We’ll find time to meet up when you are free,” she told him, guilt on her face.

 

He reached out for her hand. “I know I can do that. But I want the time to make up for those months not being with you. Its important to me. You are important to me,” Seungho said with a reassuring calm, his eyes never leaving her face.

 

He waited until she acquiesced before speaking again. “Right after my paper, I’ll go home for a couple of days to see my family. I see you when I come back,” he told her. Seungho’s exam ends a day earlier than hers. He would be back the day after her exam ends.

 

“Ok, as long as you don’t push me away when you are back,” she said warily. Seungho saw the anxiety in her eyes. He clasped her hand tighter and his thumb caressed her hand lightly. “Never again. I know I can’t live without you,” he said softly. Sohyun stared deeper into his eyes, seeking assurance and praying internally that he really meant what he just said.

 

Exams over. It seems like a weight is lifted off her shoulder and she is free to do anything else besides studying. She sat, twiddling her thumbs as she waited for the examiners to collect the exam papers. She would be meeting the girls to go to a spa for some pampering and relaxation. After that, she will have dinner with just Saeron since Jiwoo and Yoojung would be meeting their boyfriends. She tried hard not to be disappointed that her own boyfriend was not around.

 

“Hey,” Sohyun answered Seungho’s call. “How are you? Was the paper good?” he asked. “It was ok. I think I’ll survive it,” she answered. “Are you on the way to the spa now?” he asked. She murmured her agreement. “Is anyone in the car with you?” he prompted. “Yup, Saeron,” she quickly glanced at her girlfriend who is looking out the window, trying to give her some privacy. “I talk to you later tonight. I miss you,” he quickly ended the call.

 

Saeron turned to Sohyun after the call ended. “How’s has it been, being a real couple? Any difference?” she asked. Sohyun glanced at her friend and gave her a small smile. “It’s been good,” she said quietly. Saeron snapped her head towards her friend. “Why do I detect a big but there?”

 

Sohyun chuckled, “I don’t have a big !” Glancing at her friend who was glaring at her, Sohyun smiled weakly. “I’m very happy with how things are. It’s a different feeling when I can love someone openly and be loved in return.” She paused. “But, at the back of my mind, I am still wary about the possibility of him walking away. So, I’m often on guard,” she said softly.

 

“Even now, when he is back home. The thoughts that swirled in my head was that the last time we were together and he went home, when he came back, he pushed me away. Is he going to do that again?” she breathed out heavily.

 

“Com’on. You have to have more faith in him. We girls were complaining that we could not get any time with you alone cos he is all over you,” Saeron countered.

 

“He was also attentive just before he left the last time around,” she said sadly. “He assured me that he would not leave me again but yet, I have difficulty to believe it. His goal, that has been a thing between us, was for his mom. How do I fight against that? I don’t even want to, not when it is for his mom.”

 

Saeron reached out and rubbed her friend’s hand. She understood that Sohyun was just protecting herself from being hurt again. “I guess you are still taking it slow. Still no kissing? No muacks, muacks, muacks,” she joked making kissing noises as she tried to lighten the mood in the car.

 

Sohyun couldn’t help but giggle. “He kissed my hands, my cheek and my head, but he restrained himself from touching my lips.”

 

“Seriously? Waa.. don’t you want him to kiss you? I thought you said the first kiss was amazing. If I were you, I would be dying to kiss him again,” Saeron was astounded.

 

Sohyun glanced at her friend, her eyes twinkling. “Of course, I want to kiss him. But it’s too soon.”

 

“Too soon?” Saeron balked. “I was already making out with Mike on his first day in Korea.”

 

Sohyun laughed loudly. “Don’t compare between you and Mike and me and Seungho. I don’t even want to know what the two of you have been doing.” Saeron laughed along.

 

“I’ll b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter