Insecurity

Difficult Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sohyun turned her head away from Seungho as she ate her breakfast unhappily. Seungho had arranged for horse back trekking that morning and he refused to let her sit it out. As she was the only one that doesn't ride, he had asked her to finish her breakfast quickly so that he can teach her first before going on the trek.

"Com'on," Seungho cajoled. "You are behaving like a baby. Everyone is going, how could you choose to stay behind." He leaned closer to her from his chair.

She ignored him as she forked on a piece of the omellete. Her face annoyed as she stuffed the omellete into .

"Hi everyone," a voice interrupted the unhappiness that was clouding Sohyun's mind. Raising her eyes, she  saw Jieun standing shyly at their breakfast table.

Standing up, Sohyun returned the greeting and introduced Jieun to her friends. She wasn't surprised with Jieun's presence as Seungho had informed her the previous day that because of what his dad had said, he will have to ask Jieun to join their outings. 

"Ok, are you done with breakfast?" Seungho asked Sohyun. She nodded grumpily and stepped out of her chair.

Turning to Jieun, he spoke, "I'm going to teach Sohyun how to ride a horse now. Give us half an hour. You can have your breakfast with the rest and then can you bring them to the stable and get them ready. Ginger is for Sohyun." Jieun nodded as her eyes followed Seungho who had ran after Sohyun.

"What happen?" she asked the table as she had noticed Sohyun looking very unhappy.

Youram shook his head. "Sohyun is afraid of riding a horse but Seungho insisted she goes with us on the trek. He claimed he can teach her in half an hour. How on earth is she going to overcome her fear and learn how to ride in such a short time beats me. But Seungho was being stubborn about it."

Jieun blinked. "I think he doesn't want her to miss some of the beautiful places we will go today. Instead of forcing her to learn how to ride a horse in such a short time frame, he should just get her to ride with him."

After a lot of shrieking and Sohyun was reduced to tears, Seungho came to the same conclusion.

 

Jieun led the group as they rode their horses along the beach. There were shouts and laughter as they adjusted themselves on the horse while riding on the beach. Seungho had his horse at the back, getting Sohyun comfortable. 

"Is this better?" he asked. She refused to response. She was still upset with him for his insistence on her to try riding on her own. Her fear was still strong and she had end up humiliating herself, shrieking like a crazy banshee whenever the horse move. 

He tightened his arms that were around her waist, and asked again, "What about this?"

Sohyun remained stiff on the horse, attempting to pull away from his body.

"I'm sorry, ok? I shouldn't have forced you," he apologised.

She hummed angrily. "If you are sorry, let me down so I can walk back to the resort."

"Com'on, we are on vacation together. You are riding with me, so it be ok," he persuaded.

She inwardly agreed that her friends would be disappointed if she skip the activity. Instead of agreeing to it, she went on a tirade of how he was unreasonable to insist she pick up riding within a short time, even after knowing her fear. He confessed that he didn't think her fears were that serious and he had taught others to ride a horse comfortably in the same duration before.  

Squeezing her hand, he leaned his head against hers so that his mouth is next to her ear. "I'm sorry," he whispered. Sohyun could not help but shiver at the feel of his hot breath which had sent tingle down her body. Refusing to turn towards him as heat rushed up to her face, she nodded. Seungho smiled as he had noticed her pinked cheeks and felt her tremble. "Could you trust that I will take good care of you?" he asked. Sohyun glanced at him uncertainly, unsure what he meant. "We are far behind from the others and I need to catch up. Just hold on tight and I'll make sure you'll be ok."

Sohyun craned her neck sideways so that she could look at his face. She was still very afraid. But she saw that his face was calm and confident and his arms are securedly around her. She has to place her trust in him. "Ok," she breathed out nervously.

Seungho gave out a warm smile. "Hold on tight." he told her before he kicked the horse to move forward.

Sohyun shrieked at the sudden movement and grabbed the reins tightly.

Seungho chuckled. "Relax. We are just cantering."

Sohyun breathed in deeply as she gets used to the horse's movement. After a couple of minutes, she saw that their friends were getting further away from them. "Seungho," she called him softly. 

Seungho murmured his response. 

"They are still getting further away," she jutted out her chin to point out to their friends ahead. She could hear her friends laughter as the rode their horses.

"Do you want to catch up? I have to go a bit faster than this then," he pointed out. "I hold you tight, I promise."

She bit her lips nervously. It hasn't been bad, riding with Seungho. His arms were securely around her and she did feel protected.  She decided to be braver about it. "Ok, but not too fast," she replied, her nervousness still very evident.

"Don't worry," he assured her. Tightening his hold on her, he prompted the horse to trot. When it seems Sohyun was more comfortable, they started galloping. Her initial fear slowly disappeared as she felt more secured on the horse. Soon enough, they reached their friends who cheered her with encouragement. Seungho rode around the other horses, into the water and splashing their friends. Sohyun was laughing along with her friends.

 

"Wow!" Saeron gasped in amazement. Jieun had led them towards a breathtaking waterfall in the forest. As they approached, they could already hear the roar of the crashing water before they came upon a clearing. Even then, it didn't prepare them for the captivating view of rushing water down the cliff  into a pool of emerald green water. With the thick foliage surrounding the pool, the water looked so inviting. The guys quickly dismounted and was helped by Jieun to tie their horses to the nearby trees. Youram and Myungsoo quickly stripped to their short and climbed up to the rocks behind the curtain of falls, enjoying the spray of water. They asked the girls to join them but both Saeron and Yoojung were reluctant since they didnt bring extra clothes. The girls decided to dismount and sat by the water, letting their legs dipped into the cool, refreshing water.

Seungho and Sohyun dismounted too. Sohyun sat next to Jieun and Yoojung while Seungho climbed on one of the other rocks nearby. Using it as a springboard, he jumped into the emerald water, splashing the girls seated nearby, who shrieked at the unexpected splash. The other two guys climbed onto the same rock and joined Seungho.

"How was the ride? Are you ok?" Jieun asked Sohyun.

Sohyun nodded. She was still embarrassed for the ruckus she caused this morning.

Yoojung tapped her thigh. "Seungho shouldn't have even attempted to force you to learn. Even Jieun thought he should have just ride with you. It's ridiculous that he expected you to get over your fear and learn to ride within half an hour."

Sohyun turned to Jieun who smiled understandingly.

"Thanks," Sohyun smiled. "I thought I was being such a baby."

"You were like a baby throwing a tantrum!" Saeron laughed. The other two girls laughed.

 

From the waterfall, they rode their horses further up the mountains until Seungho brought them out to the clearings just off the edge of a cliff. They have a spectacular view of the vast ocean, with the sun glittering on the water. Sohyun clasped her hands. Turning her head slightly, she whispered to Seungho, "Its beautiful!"

Seungho dismounted and then helped Sohyun down. The rest of them similarly dismounted and followed Seungho as he brought them along the edge of the cliff where there was a track down the side of the cliff. The reached an overcrop that provide them shade where they could sat on the boulders jutting out, at the edge of the cliff safely.

"I love to come here, to relax and be on my own," Seungho told them.

Everyone nodded. It was indeed peaceful and calming. Sohyun smiling, enjoyed the amazing view, basking in it.

"I'm sure your guests loved it when you bring them here," Myungsoo commented.

Seungho shook his head. "This is my private place. I don't bring people here. Not many people knows of this spot."

"Aahh... ," Youram noted. Turning to Jieun, he asked, "Do you know of this place too or you have your own private sanctuary somewhere else?"

Jieun laughed softly. "I don't have private or personal sanctuary. But I've been here before. Seungho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter