School Start!

Difficult Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sohyun was singing along to Gashina which was playing on the radio as she drove to school in her Audi. She was excited to start her university life, especially her best friend, Yoojung will also be there. She drove into the school parking lot, sat staring at the huge campus for a minute before she grabbed her bag and get out of her car. “A new school, let’s make it fun!” she cheered herself as she stood outside her car and surveyed the school.

 

Sohyun is a beauty. Dressed in a fitted short sleeve tee, with a cardigan hanging loosely on her shoulder and a tight pair of jeans with heeled boots, she left her hair hanging below her shoulder in loose curls. She has a stunning face that was lightly touched by makeup, and in that getup, she looked as if she just stepped out of a magazine cover instead of going to school.  Sohyun put on her sunglasses as she slung her backpack across one shoulder and confidently walked towards the main building. Several students that she passed, could not help but turned and gave her a second look. There were a couple of whistles from the guys.

 

This was a common reaction even during high school, thus Sohyun was unaffected. She was aware that she has the looks, the figure and the style that turned head and she took it in her stride as a natural reaction. However, she wasn’t cocky and arrogant about it. She was blessed with them for which she was grateful but not embarrassed of it.

 

“Sohyun-ah,” she heard her name being called. Turning around, she saw Yoojung walking briskly towards her. Her lips curled into a smile as she saw her bestfriend since elementary school. She waited and then hugged Yoojung. Kim Yoojung is also a pretty girl with similar built. The two of them were used to attract double the attention wherever they go. The only difference is their personality; although both are outgoing, Yoojung is the more sociable, bubblier and louder. She was often the life of a party. Sohyun is calmer, with a vivacious personality. She is friendly and gets along with everyone. Where Yoojung had several boyfriends over the years, Sohyun had remained single because she would friendzone the guys that tried to get close to her. However, she had promised Yoojung that she would be more opened towards a relationship in uni and was excited at the prospect of being a campus couple.

 

In addition to being school and sometimes class mates since elementary school, their family are also closed since both their family are business owners. Therefore, their family runs in the same circle.  Sohyun’s family own a media conglomerate whereas Yoo Jung’s own a chain of entertainment establishment.

 

Holding hands, they chatted happily as they continued their walk. “I’m so glad that you are here. It makes it less nerve wrecking to start uni,” Sohyun said. Yoojung chuckled, “Why are you so nervous. My cousin, Yujin, a sophomore this year, told me that our attendance in the school is known and anticipated. We will have fun!” Giggling, “I hope so,” Sohyun said.

 

As usual, hiding behind their sunglasses, Sohyun and Yoojung checked out the guys that they walked past. They jokingly rated the guys based on their potential as boyfriends. Sohyun never actually followed through on the guys she thought were worthy. On the other hand, Yoojung had on several occasions, actually developed a relationship with them.

 

“You are going to have a boyfriend by the end of the term, promise me,” Yoojung prodded Sohyun. Sohyun shook her head, “I can’t promise you that. I haven’t even seen one that interest me. And one semester is too rushed. I will have a boyfriend before I graduate, call?” Sohyun offered instead.

 

They met up with a couple more of their friends, Jiwoo and Saeron from high school and headed together into the auditorium for a briefing. They were told in the first week, introductory lectures for varius subjects would be held to help them decide on the courses they would like to take. There would also be a fair in the afternoon near the school field organized by the various clubs to showcase their activities. Every student must take up at least one club or sports. Audition would be held by the end of the week.

 

Armed with the various schedules after the briefing, the four girls found a bench near the school field and made plans. “There will be a talk for cheerleading today at 3, we cannot miss that,” Saeron pointed out as she circled it in red. The four girls were cheerleaders in their high school. Sohyun was the leader and their team hold the division title, hence its natural for the girls to try out for the varsity’s cheerleading team. They quickly planned the various lectures and activities around that.

 

At the cheerleading briefing that afternoon, they looked around at other girls that were trying out. The competition was fierce since only 8 would be able to join but there were almost 50 girls there. The girls at the briefing seems to be experienced cheerleaders. “The team selected will be mainly supporting the soccer team in their competition. Occasionally, we also performed at the finals of other sports. Those that do not make it to the main team, could let me know if they want to be part of the small cheerleading team for the other sports. If for whatever reasons we are short of members during the year, we will choose someone from the smaller team,” Suzy, the head cheerleader explained.

 

Before she could continue, an extremely good looking guy walked towards her. He was tall, with chiseled features and broad shoulders. Immediately, there was a buzz among the girls at the entrance of the very fine specimen. Jiwoo leaned forward and the other three huddled towards her. “That’s the soccer team captain, Yoo Seung Ho. He is really yummy looking but is known to be very unfriendly, col

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter