Emboldened

Difficult Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hi,” Seungho whispered as he sneaked up on her from behind. Before Sohyun could react, he had grabbed her hand and pulled it along as they walked to the cafeteria. Sohyun was surprised and tugged her hand back. A grinning Seungho stopped and looked at her. She quickly pulled her hand away and asked, “What’s up with you?” “Nothing, lets lunch together,” he said with a cheeky smile.

 

They got their trays of food and sat down at an empty table. The soccer players have a table they usually sat at, in one corner of the cafeteria and the cheerleaders sometimes joined them.  Sohyun doesn’t join them often because she prefers to lunch with other people, usually who ever she has class with right before lunch. However, Seungho usually has his lunch at that table with the other players. But today, they chose an empty table across from the one that the soccer players usually sat.

 

The cafeteria was still quite empty as it was still early. It was much easier to speak since the noise level is manageable. “How’s your timetable?” Seungho asked. Swallowing the food she was chewing and then taking a sip of water, Sohyun told him that it was ok but she needs to make changes. “Oppa wants me to go to the office at least once a week in the afternoon. With trainings, I have only two days left and on both days, my classes end in the afternoon. I need to reschedule my tutorial on one of the days.”

 

Before they could continue their chats, Myungsoo and Minseok came to the table with their tray of food. “Hey, why are you seated here and not at our usual?” Myungsoo asked as he pointed at their usual table which is partly occupied by a few of the new soccer players. Sohyun turned to Myungsoo, and asked, “Where’s Yoojung?” “Class,” he replied as he started eating his lunch. Minseok looked at them and asked, “Do you need some privacy? We can eat elsewhere.” Sohyun smiled at his consideration. “No no, please be comfortable and sit down.” MInseok sat down and started eating his meal. She glanced at Seungho, who had leaned back against his chair looking annoyed at his two friends.

 

After class later that afternoon, Sohyun was reviewing her timetable and trying to contact other students to find a swop. Yoojung and Hwagun were helping her calling through their contacts. Myungsoo sat down at the table and gave a peck on his girlfriend’s cheek before turning to Sohyun. “Cap looking for you. He is at the football field. He asks you to go there.” Sohyun was baffled. “Why?” But Myungsoo had no idea; he was just a messenger, so he shrugged.

 

Sohyun walked to the field in her heels. There was no training that day since they just got back from camp the day before. Althought there was no training, Seungho had been busy discussing training plans with his Coach and Manager. Reaching the edge of the field, she called out to Seungho but to no avail. He was discussing something with his Vice Captain and did not hear her call. Grumbling, she tiptoed her way to the middle of the field since her heels would have sunk into the soft field otherwise.

 

“Yes, Cap, what do you want?” she asked, her face sulky. Soonho quickly excused himself and leave the two of them alone. Seungho raised his eyes and gazed intensely at her. Sohyun was squirming under his intent stare and silence. “Seungho, what is it?” she called out softly. His eyes flickered and the edge of his lips curled into the tiniest smile. “Managed to swop classes with anyone?” he asked. She shook her head. “Not yet. I was doing it. Myungsoo said you were looking for me?” “Oh!” he said in surprised. “I didn’t mean to disturb you. I was feeling exhausted and wanted to see your pretty face.” She widened her eyes.

 

“Seungho! I was busy and I had to trudge through the field in my heels for nothing,” she cried in exasperation. She abruptly turned to storm off but the heels on the soft field was not cooperating. Seungho chuckled and then grabbed her hand. Clasping her hands, he stopped her from walking away. “I’m sorry. I just missed you,” he whispered to her ears. Sohyun stopped. The feel of his warm breath tickled her ears and sent goosebumps down to her neck and arms.

 

Gulping down the knot in , she turned to gaze into his eyes. His eyes were a deep, earthy brown with speckles of lights in it. His eyes, holding her gaze, were warm and, her breath hitched, loving. “We.. we just met at lunch,” she stammered. His face split into a wide smile, “I know right. But I still miss you.”

 

Blinking, she pulled her hands away. “I’m too busy for your nonsense,” she said breathily. She turned and tiptoed away from him. Seungho chuckled. He put his stuff quickly into his bag, slung it across his shoulder and walked quickly to her. He bent down, caught her behind the legs and swooped her into his arms.

 

Surprised, she clutched his neck, she shrieked, “Seungho! Put me down!”  He grinned at her, “I can’t bear to look at you tiptoeing on the field.” “Seungho, please. People are looking,” she cried, her face was red with embarrassment. He ignored her until he reached the end of the field and gently put her down. Without a glance, she walked away quickly. Seungho stood and just grinned. He turned and saw other people staring at him. He knew gossips about him and Sohyun would be spreading soon. He shrugged. Soon, it will be a reality.

 

Her face flushed, she sat down at the bench huffily. Everyone at the table turned to look at her.  "Are you ok?" Hwagun asked. She nodded. Immediately she asked about the swop and was pleased to find out that they have managed to find someone for her to swop with. "Thanks," she told them. She quickly packed up her stuff amd said goodbye. When she walked off, Yoojung ran after her. "What happen?" she asked. Yoojung suspected something earlier when Sohyun came back from seeing Seungho, her face was red. But she didnt want to ask in front of the others. "What did Cap want?"

 

Sohyun stopped and shook her head. She told Yoojung that Seungho didn't actually ask for her for specific reason. "He just said he missed me and wanted to see my face," Yoojung's eyes nearly bulged. "I say that was specific. But what is going on? Is he confessing to you?" 

 

"I don't know what is going on. He is not going to confess, he made it clear that he won't be in an official relationship. But recently, he has been more expressive about his feelings and I don't know why," Sohyun replied. "Anyway, I got to go now. I have to get ready to join Oppa for a dinner meeting." 

 

A couple of days later, Sohyun was rushing to her car after class. She needs to get to the office because her brother wants her to attend a meeting. Seungho was walking with Jieun to the car park. They were chatting when Jieun saw Sohyun and told him. “Sohyun,” he called out as he jogged towards her. Sohyun turned around and smiled when she saw him. Then she noticed Jieun following closely behind. Her smiled faltered but she forced it to remain in place as she acknowledged Jieun.

 

“Where are you going?” he asked. “To the office. There is a meeting Oppa wants me to attend,” she told him. Jieun stood beside Seungho and smiled at Sohyun. For some reason, her presence is disconcerting and unnerved Sohyun. So, she quickly said goodbye and turned away.

 

Seungho walked her to the car which was nearby, putting his hand on her waist possessively. Sohyun tried to peel his hands away but he held it firmly. At the car, he opened the door and waited for her to be seated behind the wheel. He then bent forward and turned her face towards him, making her look him in the eye. Staring at her, he said firmly, “I’ll call you later. Drive safely.” She stared at him expressionlessly before nodding.  He watched her drove off with a heavy heart.

 

Seungho regretted calling out to Sohyun because he could see she was affected by Jieun’s presence. Her body tensed t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter