She's Different

Difficult Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Using two fingers, he rolled it around, massaging softly into both sides of his temples as he tried to ease the throbbing headache. Since taking up the job with Jongsuk, Seungho found he has very little time for rest. He goes to the office every Tuesday and Thursday after school and it sometimes ends pretty late. Then Saturday is a full day for him as Jongsuk will use the time to go through the things that had happened and strategising the plans for the coming week. He is often rushed to keep himself up to date on his school work. Fortunately Sohyun was happy to spent their dates doing their homework together. But for how long, he worried. As it is, he has blown one of their Wednesday date night the previous week because one of the clients was in town and there was dinner that particular night. Jongsuk had indicated that it was a good learning opportunity.

This weekend was even worse. Its his sister's birthday and he had flown off directly from work to the party and flew back this morning. He has still one essay and one assignment to submit the next day. It seems like he barely has any time to breathe and the stress and lack of rest is getting to him.

At the ringing of his phone, Seungho glanced and immediately his lips curled into a smile when he saw the caller ID.

"Hi Princess, lunch over?" 

"Hi. Just about. It was soooooooooo long," she whined. 

Seungho chuckled. Its almost three pm, so her complaint is valid.

"When are you coming over?" he asked.

There was a pause. "Maybe not today," she replied hesitantly.

"Why? Are you going somewhere?" Seungho quickly asked. Disappointment was growing and he felt the throbbing headache just worsened.

"I'm not going anywhere," Sohyun told him. "It just that I heard that you rushed to the airport from a meeting yesterday and I know you still have an essay to write. I don't want to disturb you."

Seungho leaned back against his chair. "Princess, I want you here."

"You are done with your essay?" she asked hopefully.

"No. Still doing it. But why can't you be here while I'm doing my essay. We study together usually," he pointed out.

Sohyun hummed. "I've done my school work. And I'm so up to date." 

"Then why don't you come and help me. You can give me massages, drinks, feed me, you know.. so i can focus on the essay," he teased.

Sohyun giggled. "That very much sounds like asking me to be your servant."

"Yeah, something like that," he laughed. When he stopped laughing, he told her seriously. "Please come."

 

When his doorbell rang, Seungho quickly made his way and opened the door. The moment she walked in, he pulled her into a hug. With his arms securely around her waist, he nuzzled his nose at the top of her head, breathing in her scent. The feel of her small body in his arms, its warmth and her scent was the best combination to remedy his headache. Aspirins and massages could not do the magic her presence could. After a couple of minutes of silently holding her, he complained, "You are late."

Sohyun chuckled. She had been taken aback by the sudden hug, since he did not even give her an opportunity to put her stuff down. He just grabbed her the moment the door closed. But she could feel that he needed to hold her. So she had remained still, her arms on the sides holding on to her stuff, giving him the comfort that he needed.

"I brought pizza," she answered, hitting softly the side of his leg with the pizza box.

He pulled back and looked at her quizzically. "Didn't you just come from a long lunch. There was nothing to eat?"

"This is for our dinner. I hope you don't mind pizza cause there were so many dishes at lunch today, i just need something simple later on," she explained with a smile. At his raised eyebrow,  she continued, "the atmosphere was weird. I couldn't eat that much."

He nodded and pulled her back into his arms, indulging in her warmth and scent.

"Hey, I didn't want to come because I want you to finish your work. Now, I'm just being a distraction."

Seungho chuckled. "After your call, I was inspired so I got quite a bit done. Now the hug will inspire me even more." Releuctantly, he released his hold on her. Planting a soft kiss on her head, he turned to go. Sohyun pulled him back. "Yeah?" he turned.

Sohyun tiptoed and planted her lips on his. "That should motivate you even more," she winked.

 

Walking out of the bathroom, Sohyun passed his bedroom. She saw a pile of clothes on his bed. She walked over and wondered if it is washed or unwashed clothes. She grabbed one and tentatively smelled it. "Ah its washed," she smiled. Should I help him to fold it, she wondered. She was bored from sitting for a couple of hours surfing on her phone. She sat down and took a shirt. "Hmm.". she pondered. She took out her phone and check youtube for the proper ways to fold clothes. After 10 minutes, she was armed with the knowledge and was raring to go. After a few minutes of folding and checking on the video to make sure she got it right, she hummed as she folded his clothes and put it on a neat pile next to her.

As soon as he was done with the essay, he went looking for her. Seungho was surprised to find her in his bedroom. He was amused to find her focused on folding his clothes that she didn't even noticed his presence. "Hey," he called out softly.

Looking up, she smiled when she saw him. The next moment, blood started to rush to her face. She had, without his permission, entered his bedroom and now touching his personal stuff. His looming presence at the door made it even more awkward.

"Thank you. But you didn't have to fold my clothes," he said. Still amused, especially as he saw that she was getting embarrassed about it. "You did a good job," he jutted out his chin towards the neat piles beside her.

"Thanks," she blushed even more so. "I didn't have anything to do." After a short pause, she quipped bashfully, "Youtube was very helpful."

Seungho guffawed. 

He took a step forward but paused when he noticed Sohyun had stiffened and moved slightly away. Her eyes widened as she stared at him nervously. 

"Just leave it on the bed when you are done. I'll put it in the cupboard later," Seungho said before he turned to go.

Releasing her held breath, Sohyun asked, "You done with your essay?"

"Yup. I need to go to the toilet before I start on my assignment," he told her across his shoulder as he disappeared into the bathroom. 

Feeling guilty for her reaction, Sohyun quickly finished her folding and walked out to him. 

"Do you want me to proof read your assignment," she asked as she stood behind him and rest her hands loosely over his shoulder.. She knows how easy it is to make careless mistakes with grammar and spellings when you are rushing or stress. 

Tilting his head up, he catches her eyes with a grateful smile. "Thanks. I'll print it now."

 

Sohyun rubbed circles on the hand that was clutching onto hers. They had pizza after Seungho was done with his school work. Now, he is leaning against her on the sofa, head resting against her shoulder with his eyes closed. She wanted to leave earlier after dinner so that he can get his much needed rest but he stopped her, ask

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter