Cafe Date

Difficult Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Walking out from a meeting, Sohyun checked her phone for any messages. She turned her head as she heard footsteps and then her sister calling out for her to slow down. 

“That was intense,” Sooyoung remarked.

Sohyun nodded. The weekly meeting was usually a tame affair because it is mainly each department updating their various projects and jobs. There will be sharing of issues or delays, and then the steps to takes to resolve them are discussed. But today, her brother seems to take exception to a couple of departments project delays and had given them scathing comments. It was justifiable to a certain extent but it has come across harsher than normally handled.

“Is Oppa ok?”

Her sister sighed. “He is stressed.”

Acknowledging that her brother does hold a lot of responsibility, Sohyun noted that it is not anymore than at other times. She glanced at her sister and saw the worry on her face.

“Unnie, is it work or his engagement?” she asked softly.

Her sister turned towards her and gave a small smile. Reaching out, she patted Sohyun’s hair neatly. “Don’t worry. Oppa will sort it out.”

They took a few more steps before Sooyoung asked if she has plans after work.

She shook her head. “Seungho is in Krabi. Business trip.”

“Then let’s go out shopping and dinner tonight. I haven’t gotten a dress for the engagement. What about you?”

Sohyun hasn’t gotten to it either so she gladly agreed to go shopping with her sister that evening.

 

Turning around in front of the full length mirror, Sohyun was satisfied. She is going on the cafe date with Seungho that day and she is wearing a new dress that she bought when she went shopping with her sister. Sooyoung had treated her to several more clothes in addition to the engagement dress. And one of the clothese she bought was the dress which was indeed really beautiful.

Hearing the door bell, Sohyun quickly grabbed her purse and handphone before running down the stairs. She smiled when she saw her boyfriend chatting comfortably with her mom. 

“I’m here,” she quietly interrupted their conversation. She went up and sat next to Seungho who had beamed when he saw her.

“i heard you wanted to go to a cafe for a date?” her mom asked, unimpressed.

“Yes,” she admitted quietly.

“There are many beautiful cafes in Seoul. We will try to check them out, one by one,” Seungho explained.

Her mom stood up, wishing them a good time before leaving the couple.

Sohyun was now uncertain about their date. Even her mom seems to think it’s going to be boring. Is she wasting the rare times Seungho is free? Turning to him, she asked softly, “Maybe we do something else?”

He shook his head. “Com’on. I made reservations. So let’s go.”

 

Sumin stood enthralled. She has heard of the cafe but had not had a chance to visit it. Skyfarm was beautiful; it is all glass and white beams decorated with greenery like a Farm,  located up in the sky on Level 50 of the FKI Building. They were brought to their table next to a window that gave them the Panaromic view of Han River. 

Seungho leaned back against his chair as he waited for the waiter to leave after explaining the menu. 

“Does this cafe meets your requirements?” looking smug at having found a cafe that seems to have impressed her.

At the shaking of her head, Seungho was startled that it did not meet her expectations. 

“This cafe is beautiful. I heard of it and wanted to come, but never managed to.  I do love it. I really do,” she gushed. Her face was beaming. “But this cafe is not quaint. And although it had such a beautiful view, I can’t see the people walking by. They are not even like ants.” 

Seungho face fell. He had researched for beautiful cafes in Seoul and Skyfarm is one of those on top of the list, and had been excited to bring her. But he admitted that he forgot that she wasn’t looking for a luxurious and beautiful cafe, she actually wanted a small cafe nestled in a busy street or sidewalk where she can watch people walking as they go about their daily activity. He missed her request totally in his attempt to impress her. 

“Sorry.”

“I’m not. It just mean you have to bring me on a date again. Like you told Omma earlier, there are many cafes to discover in Seoul and that can be the theme for our dates; Dating through Seoul Cafes,” she grinned. 

Although it was not the right cafe, they still enjoyed their time. They shared a bowl of salad and a slice of cake. As they ate, they shared information about themselves. Sohyun talked about the various interest she had which was not typical for a chaebol. Instead of enjoying her piano lessons, she managed to pick up drum skills. At the dance school, she hated ballroom dancing and only agreed to attend if they allow her to learn hiphop. That’s where she met Yoojung, and become fast friends since elementary. Ballet became more fun when Yoojung switched and attended the same class. With Yoojung, she enjoyed her classes.

Seungho regaled hilarious stories of his two sisters antics. The trouble they got into, the games they played and how they help him fend off enthusiastic guests that thought he is part of the resort’s service offering. Some of the tactics were not very innocent and shows how sly the two girls could be. Sohyun laughed until her cheeks were aching.

They left the cafe after the day

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter