2nd Gear – Yes, Its official. We are a couple!

Difficult Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sohyun held back a smile as she felt a warm hand suddenly clasping hers. Turning her head, she greeted Seungho who had walked up to her. “Good morning,” he returned her greeting, his eyes twinkled as he squeezed her hand at the same time. They chatted as he walked her to the classroom. “Wait for me at the atrium at the end of the day, and we go to the carpark together, ok?” he asked. She smiled in agreement. He let her hand go reluctantly and walked to his own class. Sohyun struggled trying to keep the smile off her face.

 

When she reached the atrium later, he was already waiting for her. He was slouched against the wall; his face was grimly set and his eyes focused on his phone in his attempt to ignore some first-year girls who were clearly trying to attract his attention. They stood near him, giggling and whispering as they eyed him. Sohyun chuckled as it reminded her of how he was when she first met him, standoffish and unapproachable.

 

She walked up close to him and said hi. Immediately, he raised his head, stood up tall and his countenance changed. He flashed her a disarming grin and then held out his hand. He looked even more handsome that Sohyun was not surprised to hear the girls nearby, gushing. That gush turned into gasps when they heard Seungho’s greeting, “Hi gorgeous. Let’s go.” She took his offered hand which he clasped tightly and followed him as they walked to the carpark. Cheekily, Sohyun glanced at the girls and saw looks of disappointment on their faces when they realized he was taken.

 

“The girls seem disappointed that you are not available,” she . He tightened his hold on her hand and continued walking, ignoring her comment. “Were you mean to them?” she prodded him. He glanced at her before voicing out his annoyance, “No, I wasn’t. They were annoying, so I just ignore them. Why can’t they be as cool as you.” Sohyun couldn’t help the smile from forming on her face.

 

When they reached the carpark, they saw Jieun waiting by Seungho’s car. Sohyun greeted her before continuing walking to her car. Seungho raised his hand asking Jieun to wait as he sent Sohyun to her car. She was about to open the car door when he pulled her back.  Looking up to him, she saw that he was uneasy about something.

 

“What’s wrong?” she inquired.

 

His eyes were searching hers and he sighed, “I don’t like this. Sending you off alone.” He apologized. Sohyun arched her eyebrows, confused. “And I go off with Jieun,” he whispered as he breathed out heavily. She saw the guilt on his face.

 

Sohyun blinked. She didn’t realize he was also uncomfortable about the same thing. She thought for a moment, whether she should tell him that she felt like the mistress, the third party in this three-way relationship. But she noted he was having a hard time about it himself. Instead, she gave him a sweet smile and squeezed his hand, “Don’t worry about it. You are just being a good friend. I understand.”

 

Seungho was relieved. Raising his hand to her face, he gently caressed her cheek as his eyes remained on hers. “I’ll be a good boyfriend. I promise,” he assured her. She nodded happily.

 

After the meeting ended, Sohyun walked beside her brother as they made their way to the executive floor. Her brother was telling her about his plans when he paused outside her office. “Omo Sohyun-ah, I forgot to tell you that I can’t do dinner tonight. Its Minyoung’s birthday. I’m sorry,” he apologized profusely. Sohyun shook her head and smiled at her brother. “It’s ok Oppa, I’ll have dinner with a friend.” “Seungho?” he asked. She just smiled.

 

When he was about to leave, Sohyun stopped him. “Oppa, can I ask you something personal?” she asked hesitantly. Her brother nodded. “Why aren’t you marrying Minyoung-Unnie? Appa is no longer in the picture. And Omma would agree, I’m sure with your decision.”

 

Seojoon was silent for a moment. “I love Minyoung very much. But I have a heavy responsibility to our company. I’ll marry someone that would benefit the company. Minyoung is aware of it. But, I’ll never leave her. She’s my life.” Sohyun blinked furiously. She was shocked. It never occurred to her that her brother would agree to marry someone he didn't love for business sake. Especially when he has someone he loves.

 

Smiling gently at his shocked sister, he patted her shoulder. “Sooyoung and I will do what we need to do for the company. But you, my baby sister, you can marry whom you love. I will ensure that no one will stop you from that. So, don’t worry.”

 

Tears stung her eyes. “Oppa,” she whispered breathlessly. She stepped up closer and put her arms around her brother’s waist and hugged him tight. Seojoon chuckled at the show of affection as he patted the back of her head. They’ve never been a family that communicates often nor shows any affections towards each other, so the hug was a pleasant surprise. It was the first hug between the two siblings as far as he remembered.

 

When Sohyun released her brother, her face was flushed in embarrassment. She didn’t know what came over her to hug her brother, something she has never done before. When she raised her eyes at him, she saw him smiling dotingly at her.

 

“Dinner? Of course,” Seungho answered enthusiastically. He was driving Jieun home when she called. “I’ll pick you up from your home,” he added. “I don’t need to go home. Let’s just meet at the restaurant,” Sohyun countered. “I want to pick you up, just wait a bit,” Seungho insisted. 

 

“You are such a bully,” she whined. Seungho could imagine her pouting cutely because she was annoyed. She continued to grumble, “Always must have your way. What’s wrong with..” 

 

Seungho interjected with a clear of his throat as he glanced sheepishly at Jieun. “Sohyun-ah, you are on speaker right now and Jieun is in the car.” There was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter