Seungho's family

Difficult Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Backstory of Seungho’s family

 

Oh Yeonhui is the youngest daughter of Oh Min Suk, the Chairman of Oh Hotel Group. She is a beautiful girl that is doted on and pampered by her parents and siblings. She has a bright personality and is always the centre of attention. She grew up a spoilt princess who is used to having her own way.

 

When she entered University, the campus is like her playground with many guys chasing and fawning after her and girls fighting to be within her inner circle as she is the Queen on campus. Even the lecturers tended to be lenient with her as she has a way with people; she easily charmed them from the very first impression. Everyone loves her.

 

Almost everyone, that is. There was one guy on campus who was not charmed by her on his first impression. They met during a school camp in Busan and she had dropped her ID card in the pond. Unfortunately, she was alone and none of her minions was around to pick it up. She had stood around the pond, flailing about until Yoo Seungjoon jogged past. She had fluttered her eye lashes and asked him to pick it up for her. Initially he had refused since he felt she should be able to do it herself. The pond wasn’t deep after all. But she had pouted and whined that he gave up and fished it out and passed to her. Without a backward glance, he jogged away.

 

Yeonhui was aghast at what she felt was his rude and selfish behavior. He had grudgingly get the ID for her and when he gave it, his face clearly showed that he didn’t think much of her. No one dismissed her, especially not that rudely. She started planning on taking revenge on him for his rude behavior and decided to charm her way into his heart before dumping it.

 

All through her first year in University, she found ways to accidentally bump into him during his jogs, or at the library or the cafeteria. The initial meets were unsuccessful because Seungjoon had no interest in girls, especially someone as spoilt as her. He was a scholarship student from Jeju, whose farmer parents owned a large piece of land on the island. But the land was barren except for a small plot, which the family depended on. He was focused on getting a good government job to support his elderly parents upon graduation. An only child of a poor family, he was independent and responsible since a young age. Therefore, someone with Yeonhui’s immature personality does not interest him.

 

However, he underestimated Yeonhui’s determination. When she discovered Seungjoon’s personality and his likes and dislikes, she changed her ways to a more down to earth personality, with the level of maturity that suits him. Grudgingly, Seungjoon started to accept the presence of the annoying girl that always appear wherever he is. From acknowledging her presence, they started to chat and then spending time together. And that acceptance and interactions slowly changed his heart and he fell in love.

 

When Yeonhui succeeded in gaining Seungjoon’s heart at the end of the first year, she realized that she could not let him go. In fact, she not only loved him, she also grew to love the new her, someone who is responsible and mature. Their love story was famous on campus as everyone could see the change in her and how much in love they were. Although Seungjoon was a year ahead of her, they made time to be together whenever possible. They were a beautiful couple.

 

Yeonhui discovered she was pregnant during her 3rd year finals and Seungjoon’s final year. She kept it to herself until exams was over. Seungjoon was shocked as it affected his plans but he willingly took responsibility and proposed to her.

 

In Yeonhui’s innocence, she thought she could get her family’s agreement to the wedding. They have always given in to her wants and it never occured to her that her family would turned their backs on her. This to her horror, her parents asked her to break up with Seungjoon and abort the baby. They even locked her up in her room to prevent her from seeing him. And when she persisted, they threatened to disown her.

 

Seungjoon was willing for anything except for the estrangement from her family. He didn’t want her to leave her family for him. He even offered to raise the baby if he can’t marry her. But Yeonhui was adamant; she ran away and persuaded Seungjoon to elope instead. They went back to Jeju and married in his hometown.

 

After their marriage, her third brother, Yeonhuan met her in Jeju and told her that their parents had striken her name of their family register. They do not want to see or hear from her again and none of the rest of the family was allowed to keep in contact with her. Yeonhuan and Yeonhui were very close, therefore her brother continued to meet her secretly somewhere in Jeju. He only met Yeonhui, not Seungjon or Seungho. He told her that it was for the best that he doesnt know them. Yeonhuan could not bear to see her struggles, hence, he often offered financial help in his personal capacity at the beginning of her marriage life but Yeonhui had refused.

 

Seungjoon’s plan for a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter