TEEN AGE 02 - EMERGENCY MEETING

SR. 002 - TEEN AGE

The 'Supreme Student Body' had an emergency meeting after the incident happened. Sadly, it was one of our students who got injured and it could make a huge impact to the dance group because she's one of the best that they've got. From what I heard. 

"It was Lisa?" I asked while putting my cup of coffee to the table. "I only heard about her." 

"She's a talented dancer, Irene." Sooyoung said after she sit on one of the available chairs inside the office. "This could be a disadvantage to our school." 

"Yeah, that's what I heard." 

"The dance competition is fast approaching and she's a member of ours. And we need to defend our place." She said. 

"In fact, she's the best that we've got." Jennie suddenly walked inside the office and joined our conversation. "We need to find a  capable replacement as soon as possible, Irene. The dance competition is three weeks from now." She said in distress. 

"What should we do?" Sooyoung asked. 

I took a sip from my coffee. "I think that's one of the reason why Jisoo called an emergency meeting." 

Speaking of Jisoo, she just got in after I answered Sooyoung. "Did you hear the news?" She spoke. 

"That Lisa got injured?" Jennie said, getting the cup of coffee from my hand and raise her eyebrow for inquiry, if she can take a drink from it. I nodded. 

"No. Not that." Jisoo said and get the cup of coffee from Jennie's hand and drink it up. "But, about that too. How's she now?" 

"She's recovering." I said. 

She nodded and throw the cup to the garbage bin. They didn't inform me that they like caffeine this much. They forgot it wasn't theirs in the first place. I don't have breakfast and that coffee is all I got too. 

"What news do you mean, Jisoo?" Sooyoung spoke. Probably asking about the other news Jisoo shared earlier.

"Ah, I almost forgot," Jisoo seated beside me and put her arms above the table. "By any chance, do you know the famous underground dancer?" She continued. 

We looked at each other's faces, asking each other through our eyes if one of us have an idea who Jisoo is talking about. 

"You don't?" Jisoo sounded shocked when none of us answered her. "You really don't?" 

Jennie, Sooyoung and I nodded at the same time. I turned to Jennie and she looked clueless as me. We both shrugged and we laugh because of how we looked.
 
"You guys are useless!" Jisoo said. "Our school might be lucky for having her. Yet, the three of you are clueless."

"It's not our fault if we don't know her." Jennie said. 

"If she's a famous underground dancer." Sooyoung continued. 

Jisoo massaged her temple. She sighed. 

"Is she's the reason why you called an emergency meeting  in this afternoon?" I said. "Is she connected to the recent incident? 'Cause I think that's our top priority right now." 

Jisoo raised her head and stared at each one of us. "You really don't get it, don't you?" Jisoo pointed her finger at us. 

As much as I wanted to learn what Jisoo is trying to tell us, I admitted that I'm really clueless right now. I think, I need a further explanation for this. 

Lisa is the best dancer that we got. A famous underground dancer enrolled to our school. 

I'm trying connecting the dots on my mind right now. I'm pretty sure Sooyoung and Jennie did the same too as they don't answer Jisoo's question right away.

Lisa is the dancer that we've got... a famous dancer transferred to our school. Lisa is a dancer... the new transferee is a famous dancer. Lisa is a dancer and the transferee is a dancer too. 

"Ah!" I said automatically when I finally get the idea what Jisoo is trying to say. Jennie tapped my back and Sooyoung moved an inch forward next to me as they said in unison, "What!?" 

Jisoo raised her eyebrow for inquiry. "Did you get it now?"

I nodded. "The new transferee is the best nominee to replace Lisa because she's a famous underground dancer." I said that made Jisoo stand on her seat. 

"Yes! That's what I'm trying to say." She said and walk towards us. "Why are you so slow?" 

"But Jisoo, how can we get her?" Sooyoung asked. 

"What if she will not accept our offer?" Jennie continued. 

"Let's not talk about but's and if's," I cut them when I felt they won't stop asking questions. "Did you see her already? Do you know her already? We're planning ahead of time when we didn't meet her in the first place." 

They all nodded their heads as they agreed to me. 

"You have a point there, Irene." Jisoo said. "Are you close with Krystal?" 

"Krystal?" 

"Jung. Krystal Jung." 

"And why is her name involved to this?" I asked. 

"She's a friend of Krystal." Jisoo said. "As a matter of fact, they're best of friends from what I heard." 

I tried to recall the times when I was with Krystal. But there wasn't a single day when we talked about her friend, new or old. I didn't have any idea that she had a famous underground dancer friend too. In short, she didn't open up about it. 

"Do you know her name?" I asked. Maybe it can help me to remember if Krystal brought her up based on her name. 

Jisoo pick-up her cellphone from her pocket and opened it. "Seulgi. Kang Seulgi." 

"That's her name?" Jennie asked. "It's new to my ears." 

"Me too." Sooyoung agreed. 

I tried to open up the storage to my mind, if I had one, and search for the time when Krystal shared a name Kang Seulgi. 

But there wasn't. 

"We need to recruit her if we wanted our school to win the upcoming dance contest." Jisoo sounded serious all of the sudden. "I guess, she's our only hope. You need to ask Krystal, Irene," she's looking at me right now. "We need to make her sign in. Meet her personally if it's necessary." 

I sighed. These girls inside the office knew I'm not good in socializing with new people. They know it's not my ability. But when I looked at their concerned faces, there's nothing I can say but, "I'll try. I'll give Krystal a call and ask about Kang Seulgi." 

"Yes!" They said in unison. 

"As expected, Irene. You're the best!" Jisoo pointed her thumb in front of me with a wild smile on her face. 

"I'm not sure about this but there's nothing I could lose if I'll try, right?" I thought. I have to be optimistic in times like this. I have to because I'm pretty bad in this kind of situation.

I don't know her. I don't have any idea what kind of person is she. Is it going to be easy on my part if I ask her to join the dance group here at school? She's a professional dancer, she will say yes right away, right? Will she?