TEEN AGE 35 - Guns and Roses

SR. 002 - TEEN AGE

"I missed you."

 

 

She sighed deeply, avoided my eyes then embraces herself with her two arms.

 

She suddenly started to walk away, away from me. And when she passes me, I don't know if it is intentional but she brushes her arm to mine. My adrenaline immediately rushes to my whole body and my first reaction was to hold her arm to stop her from getting away.

 

"Wait," I said, almost sounded like a breath. "You are not going to say anything? I believe you already know the truth."

 

She turned with her eyebrows almost met each other. "What do you expect me to say?"

 

"Saying my name is enough."

 

She didn't say anything immediately. She looked me in the eyes for a few seconds before she really said it. "Seulgi—"

 

I didn't let her finish when I grabbed her quickly and put her lips to mine. She was trying to stop me and to say something but I didn't let her until I'm finish.

 

I pulled away after a while. She was catching her breath, glaring at me like I stole her precious first kiss. "If you do not want to see me or even talk to me then why are you in my house, Joohyun? I believe you owe me an explanation."

 

She smirked. "Me? Really? Maybe it is you who owe me an explanation. Maybe it is you who should explain to me why you kissed me even if you knew we were sisters in the first place." She suddenly laughed silently, sarcastically. "I should have known."

 

"Known about what?"

 

"That you were playing with me, to my feelings!"

 

I smiled. "Now I know why you acted like this." I raised my hand to reach her face when she tap it aside. And I became serious. "I did not play with you, and most especially with your feelings. I already fell in love with you before I know of it. And even if I knew, I couldn't stop my heart for loving you, Joohyun. You may not easy to love but when someone did, no one can escape." I smiled defeatedly. "But you made a promise with me, don't you remember? You told me you won't leave me even after all such crazy things you will hear. What happened with that?"

 

I saw her lower lip tremble, then she bite it. She stares at me, and there is something in her eyes. She's longing for...maybe affection, or love, or maybe not. But she is definitely sad. 

 

"Joohyun," 

 

"What do you want me to do, Seulgi?" She finally speak. "Do you want me to you, my half sister?"

 

"Loving me and never let go is enough, Joohyun--"

 

"But you are my half-sister!"

 

"Then love me like what sisters do!" I can't help but to raise my voice at her. "Hug me like a sister. Kiss me like a sister. me like a sister!"

 

She suddenly slap me in the face very hard. I was almost threw on to the floor if I didn't stand on my feet firmly.

 

"I have always love you more than anything in my life." She said after. "I even thought of running away from this mess with you, very far away from our life here. And now you want me to you like what sisters do?" I was holding on the side of my face were she slapped me when I saw her tears falling from her eyes. "I am ready to lose everything except you..." Her voice became small. "The only thing I could do is to love you, and now, the Gods were against about it too. Why do we even met each other in the first place if we couldn't be together?" 

 

I immediately rushed to her and hug her tightly as possible. That's when her silent cries turn into loud sobs. "Shhh..." I brushed my hand to her hair, slide my cheeks up and down to her cheek too. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you." I kiss her cheek. "My bad." 

 

"Why did these things happen to us, Seul? Of all people why us?" She whispered beside my ear, wasn't done with her cries. "Don't we have enough in our plates?" 

 

"I love you," was all I could say from all of her comments. I felt she jumped lightly but didn't parted from my embrace. I felt the need to add from my previous words. "I have always love you since the day I laid my eyes on you at the gym. Got an interest to know you better on the day we properly met at the cafe. And I may be the luckiest person in the world when I got the chance to have a proper conversation with you." I cup her face and stick our foreheads together. "And until this day, my love for you didn't fade."

 

She suddenly pulled me to her and hug me gently. "I love you too, Seulgi. And I am willing to marry you if we weren't sisters by blood."

 

" sisters by blood." I said. "Can we just love each other without thinking about that? Can we?" 

 

She raises her head but never separated from my hug. "Can you?" She asked. 

 

"I can for you." I said almost immediately. 

 

She looks at my eyes, to my nose and then to my lips. She raises her hands and cup my face,  rubbing her thumbs up and down to my cheeks. "You look fragile." She said weakly, with wet eyes and weak smile on her lips. "Your bruises are fresh. Your face is violet-ish. Your became slender."

 

"Starting today, you should always think that these things will happen to me whenever you are not by my side."

 

She chuckled. 

 

"Forgive me, Joohyun,"

 

She quickly looked at me. 

 

"I should have told you on that day, about us, about our relationship." I said. "But I can't. I lost the courage to tell you. It was when we were at the peak of our feelings when I heard about the news. We were happy and I don't have any plans to break that."

 

"But sometimes, the truth hurts." She said to cut me. "And sometimes, it is better to hear the truth even if it hurts us than lies that could help us deny. We cannot see things because we weren't wanted to see things."

 

I dipped my head in the crook of her neck. "What will you do?" I whispered to her. I gently feel her hands on my back, until it surrounded me, tightly. 

 

"The right thing, for now."

 

"The right thing?" 

 

"Loving you even if I know the truth is the right thing for me for now. Let you go sounds very painful. I don't want to do that." Then she pulled my face and kiss me deeply. And our lips dances together with the muted songs only us knew the rhythm. 

 

"Irene, here's what you...Seulgi?" 

 

We both separated at the same time when a familiar voice came from my back, from the door. I turned and it was Jisoo, of all times. 

 

"The man," she ran over and hug me tightly. 

 

"Aww...aww..aww!" 

 

"Did somebody throw you to the other planet? I didn't hear a single word from you." She said. 

 

I look at Joohyun, asking her through my eyes if she did tell Jisoo about me. She shakes her head. 

 

I sighed. "I was in an accident." I said after a while.

 

"Accident? Did you impregnate someone?" She asked.

 

"What!?" I answered. 

 

"I thought you were really into making yourself a complete man." Jisoo said sarcastically while dusting I-don't-know-what from my clothes. 

 

I heard and saw Joohyun laughing out loud from my side. I threw her some daggers through my eyes. She just sticks her tongue out at me. 

 

 

 

Joohyun is cooking something in the kitchen for both of us. She said she will make something delicious for me. I stopped her but she insisted. She said, she will make something to make it up for me. In the end, I just let her. 

 

I tried to sneaked up to her when she was busy flipping something on the pan, but my happiness was short lived when she suddenly speaks, "Have you finished packing?" She said without turning her head. I sighed because of disappointment. 

 

"I have." I said, walking to her. I help her in preparing the table but she immediately get the plate from my hand. "What are you---"

 

"I told you, I will cook something for you to make it up to you." She cut me off. "And that means you don't have to do anything." I chuckled. "What?" She suddenly asked, putting the plate to the table. 

 

"You're acting like a freak." I teased. 

 

She immediately glared at me. 

 

I automatically raised both of my arms. "I was just joking." I laughed, excusing myself in the kitchen. "By the way," I paused, turning to her again. "I already finished writing the letters. Just tell me when will we deliver them." I smiled sheepishly. 

 

"I will read them." 

 

"No, no. It's fine, really. It's magnificent without you reading it." 

 

She frowned, paused on her feet. She was staring at me. And I suddenly felt the need to smile brightly at her. I slowly raised my arms, forming peace sign with each hands. 

 

"I'll read it." She said, smirking, proceeding to preparing the table. 

 

I rushed to the living room. "I'll burn it." 

 

"What!?" She shouted. 

 

"I'm burning it." I said. I get one of the letters I wrote, get a lighter from a drawer. I know she will pop her head from the kitchen and make sure if I'm doing what I was telling her, and when that really happened, I acted to fire the lighter up. 

 

"Stop doing that." She warned. 

 

I slowly shorten the distance between the lighter and the letter, teasing her while she was just watching from the kitchen. 

 

"Seulgi..." She said. Her facial expression and tone just changed. 

 

I didn't listen, still doing it. 

 

"You're not gonna stop."

 

"Hmm-mmm." I pouted my lips, shaking my head like a kid. 

 

"Alright." She said. Then just normally returned to preparing the table. 

 

I waited for seconds if she was just joking and if suddenly she will run to me. But nope, that didn't happen. "Alright?" I asked, waiting for her further explanation why she won't bite my teasing. I walked towards the kitchen, trying to look at her expression, when she suddenly ran to the living room and get one of the letters from the table. 

 

"Dear Soojung," she started, looking at my direction while walking away, avoiding me. I chased after her but everytime I'm three steps away, she will always run away from me. "I would like to ask you..."

 

"Stop it." I warned. But she just threw me a smirk.

 

"To meet me at---" She didn't finish reading it when I jumped off from the sofa to her and quickly grab the piece of paper from her hands. But everything would be perfect except we both fell on the floor, with me on the bottom and she was on the top. Suddenly, our stares changed. There was this intimacy that I cannot describe except I felt my body starts to get warmer, like I'm melting or something.

 

"Sorry," I whispered, smiled a little. 

 

But Joohyun didn't answer, instead she brushes the hair out of my face, tackled it to my ears. 

 

"You're seducing me, Miss Bae Joohyun." 

 

"Am I?" She smirked slightly, still brushing my hair even if there wasn't any hair on my face anymore. After a while, I did the same to her. Eventually, she stopped. What she did next was to put her head, sideways, to my chest. "You're heart is pounding so hard."

 

"Is it?" I asked, my thumb to her cheek up and down. At this moment, I only knew one thing, we are going to have a long night with long talk. And I'm not gonna complain about it. This is one of the things I miss when I passed out. "What does it say?"

 

"It wanted a brand new world with brand new start." She said calmly. I felt the vibrations to my chest from Joohyun's voice. 

 

I chuckled silently. "Does it?" 

 

"But definitely not with brand new girl." She continued. 

 

I laughed. We were like this for a couple of minutes before she speaks again. 

 

"Have you finished packing our things?" She asked.

 

"You asked that already. Yes, I did." I said. 

 

"How about our accommodation?" 

 

"I already book apartments, hotels and rooms for us." 

 

She suddenly raises her head.  "Our passports?" 

 

I beamed. "It's in the mini table."

 

"Our clothes?"

 

"What does packing mean to you?" I grin at her like a kid. 

 

She sighed deeply. 

 

"Hey," I cupped her face. "We can still cancel this if you're not ready or if you don't feel it. I don't want you to come with me if it's against your will."

 

"No, it's not against my will and I'm ready either." She answered. 

 

"Then why do you look so worried?" 

 

"It's you that I'm worried with."

 

"Why?"

 

"Are you ready? I mean, you are immature sometimes, you know." 

 

My bright face immediately darkens. "Wow," was all I could say.

 

"I'm kidding." She grinned. She crawled up until her face leveled to mine. She wraps her arms around my neck, stay a little away from my face and said. "Let's runaway."

 

I smiled, then I gave her a peck on her lips. 

 

 

 

 

******************************

 

 

 

 

Krystal

 

 

 

Two hours after I received her letter, I immediately ran to this place, which she wrote on her letter. It took me two hours to finally be here. The rain is pouring heavily but somehow it doesn't matter to me. I'm super wet, but it doesn't matter. 

 

I crumpled her letter with my hand. This heavy feeling inside my chest makes it hard for me to raise my head. She did it to me again. I am nothing special to her somehow. I am not her priority somehow. Always a second option. An alternative. An substitute. And I hate myself for not leaving her even after all these treatments. 

 

 

 

Dear Soojung,

 

This is Seulgi. I'm going to runaway with Joohyun far from the city. Don't find me because you will never find me. We are going to hide from the chaos...for now. Don't worry about me. I'll take of myself and besides, Joohyun is with me. I have a favor to ask you. It's fine if you can't do it. But, you are the only one I can trust with it. I buried guns and armors we can use for the execution. I buried it beside my mother's coffin. Find it and hide it for me. And I also left a box with it. It is another letter. I wrote my plan for the execution before I'll forget it. 

 

That's all. Good bye. Take care of yourself.

 

S.

 

 

 

I closed my eyes, gulped, before I step forward and grab the shovel from my car. I started digging the ground which she instructed me to do in the letter. The rain didn't make it easy for me. The mud seemed heavy for me to handle. 

 

"You did it again, Seul." I whispered to myself, but I wished she's here so she could hear it. I shouldn't have follow my heart. I should have follow my guts. I shouldn't agreed to her deal. I knew I don't have the chance the moment I saw the sparkles in her eyes when she looked at Joohyun at the coffee shop. "Do you even love me, Seulgi?" I was sure the liquid on my face was from my eyes. It feels heavy than the rain. Why am I so stupid?  

 

"Get a ing life, Krystal Jung!" I shouted as loud as my lungs can then throw the shovel somewhere and started to walk away. This isn't the place I dreamed for myself. And I don't care if anybody see this guns. They don't belong to me afterall.