TEEN AGE 12 - LOVE AND HATE

SR. 002 - TEEN AGE

*** Seulgi *** 

 


Something heavy is on my forehead. I don't know what it is but I felt water dropping from its side, fell directly to sideburns. 

 

Heat kissed my cheeks and it bothers me. I slowly open my eyes and my head suddenly ding with total pain. My hands automatically traveled to my head, holding, massaging it, hoping the pain will disappear. I noticed, it was a wet towel on my forehead.

 

"Finally," someone's voice echoed in this four cornered room. I turned to see who it was. Krystal suddenly seated on the side of the bed. "You're awake." 

 

"Where am I?" I asked. I slowly rise from the bed. 

 

"Home." She said. "Here, drink this." She offered a glass of liquid and a tablet on her other hand.

 

"What is that?" I asked. 

 

"A glass of water and an advil." She said. 

 

I looked at her. I didn't answer her because my head still stung from the pain. 

 

"Don't be doubtful, Seulgi. I'm your best friend." She said. 

 

"Nope, I'm not. My head still hurt." I get the medicine and immediately take it. 

 

"Do you know that you passed out in the middle of the lecture?" She said. 

 

"Did I?" I immediately asked. 

 

"Yeah," she said silently. "On Irene's shoulder." 

 

My eyes gone wide. "Seriously?" 

 

"Seriously." She said in a monotone. "Perhaps, is your body still hurt?"

 

When Krystal mentioned my body, I suddenly felt the pain on it, in my shoulders, my arms and in my stomach most especially. I just nodded while giving her the wet towel that was place on my forehead earlier. 

 

"You were burning earlier." She said, referring to my fever. "But luckily, Irene didn't notice it. 

 

"I didn't expect this reaction from my body." I said while taking of the blanket off my body. I seated next to Krystal, in the side of the bed. "Honestly, she was a hard opponent, Krys. I feel like I was battered to death." 

 

"I'm sorry." She lowered her head. "I couldn't help you that time. I was frozen from my position when I saw how she punched and attacked you. I was taken aback." 

 

I raise her chin using my fingers. "Don't be. At least I won." I said. "And thanks to you my fever is fading." 

 

"That's the only thing I can do." 

 

"Nope," I shook my head. "You already did amazing things." 

 

She looked at me. I smiled and she did the same. 

 

"By the way, how long did I sleep?" I asked. 

 

"Three days." 

 

"What the? For real!?" 

 

"Yeah," 

 

I briefly look at the wall clock and saw it was pass 7 am. I hurriedly look at Krystal and realized she already wore her uniform. "Why didn't you wake me up?" I hastily stood from the bed. 

 

"You need to rest, Seulgi." She demanded.

 

I grabbed the towel from a chair and hurriedly ran towards the shower. "Wait for me in the living room." I demanded before shutting the door. 

 


*********

 


I can't even barely walk straight. My head still hurt and I felt the ground is turning upside down, sometimes. I tried to be at my best situation. Everytime my head hurts, I paused for moment to gain some strength. Perhaps, Krystal was right. I should rest for the mean time. But my body wanted to attend classes, especially now that we have a long quiz in math. Fortunately, I got right answers most of the equations. I'm confident that I can pass that quiz. 

 

I'm on my way to my next class which is homeroom. There was no one inside the classroom yet except me. 

 

I was about to sit on my chair when my head suddenly stung and my sight becomes blurry. Suddenly, I cannot feel my feet and my knees loses its strength. I'm about to fall on the ground when suddenly, two arms were abled to catched me. 

 

"I told you to take some rest." The tone of her voice was concerned.

 

"I just lose some strength. No big deal." I said, trying to tell her not to worry.

 

Suddenly, she take off her arms of me and I immediately fell hard on the ground. 

 

I shouted because of the pain I received from the impact. I felt like my entire soul is awake and alive. "What the heck, Soojung?" 

 

"You said it's not a big deal." She said in a monotone. "I thought you don't need my help." She crossed her arms in front of her.

 

My words died inside my mouth. I don't have an idea that she'll attacked me with my own words. 

 

She suddenly offered her hand in front of me.

 

"You need help?" She said sarcastically. I rolled my eyes but get it to support me to stand. She help me brush off the dust that was on my uniform. "I have something to tell you." 

 

"What?" 

 

"Joohyun's uncle is here." 

 

My eyes gone wide because of the news. "Who?" I asked.

 

"The one who doesn't know us." She said. 

 

I put my hand to my chest and sighed heavily. I throw myself in my chair and regretted it immediately. The impact was not a joke. Krystal seated on my table and slightly face me. 

 

"He was here last Monday too." She informed. "I heard he went to the SSB's office to meet Irene and immediately left the school after he got out there." 

 

"Maybe Joohyun is the only reason why he was here." I said. 

 

"I think so too. Maybe you need to meet Joohyun and ask her."

 

I nodded my head and stood up from my seat to leave the room when I suddenly meet the person who we just talked about. 

 

"Speaking of the devil." Krystal whispered. I raised my two fingers to tell her to shut . 

 

The man we just talked about is walking in the hallway towards our direction. "Hey," he suddenly called. 

 

"Yes?" I responded. Acting innocently. 

 

"Is this Ms. Pizarro's homeroom class?" He asked. I looked at his eyes, observing his pupils if he really doesn't know my existence, even just a single idea about my identity. But his eyes told me he really doesn't know me.

 

"Yes, sir." I said in a monotone. "But our class will start at 3PM."  

 

He nodded his head. "I see. By any chance, do you know Joohyun?" 

 

When he called her Joohyun, that gave me an idea that she really doesn't know who I am. Joohyun's family and relatives who knows the business called her as Irene, to protect her from other players, players who plays a very dangerous game. Her relatives, family especially her father wanted to protect their only child. Her father was never defeated on the game and that's where I work too. He wanted to protect his child from death threats he might get from the players he defeated, with my help.

 

"I know her very well." I said. Krystal pinched my back secretly, telling me not to go further or give him more information.

 

"Really?" He said with a shock face. Maybe the Joohyun he knew was a silent one. "How's she doing?"

 

I don't know what he meant so I ask. "In homeroom?" I said. 

 

"Yeah?" Even him was confused of my answer.

 

"She's a very competitive student, Sir. She doesn't want to lose her rank." What I mean by rank is her place as the 2nd best student in the entire school. Krystal is the first but I don't even know how she managed that. 

 

"She's indeed a Bae." He said with a proud smile on his face. 

 

I agreed. The Bae's are very competitive in any aspects of life. Her father, for example. Her father's businesses are always on the top and maintain his position as the best business man in the society. 

 

I nodded my head. 

 

"You must be her friend." He said while putting his hand above my shoulder. I was about to answer his question when someone suddenly shouted.

 

"Samchon!" 

 

We all turned to see who called. There she is, standing not far away from where we are with a confused face. 

 

"What are you doing here?" She asked while walking towards us. 

 

"I was looking for you." He said. His hands still on my shoulder. Joohyun noticed her uncle's hand was above my shoulder. But she turned to face him after a second.

 

"But what are you doing in this classroom when you're looking for me?" She said. She's a bit angry now.

 

Her uncle turned to me with raised eyebrows, perhaps thinking about how weird his niece's question was. "I thought you're here. I saw your schedule." He said, sounded a little confused. "And I was talking to this lady." He smiled while pointed his fingers to me. "She knows you so well. Is she you---" Her uncle's words died inside his mouth when Joohyun suddenly speak and cut him off.

 

"Nope, she isn't." Joohyun said in a monotone. Her face was serious. 

 

"You two are not friends?" Her uncle asked. 

 

"Nope. We are not." She said. "I don't even know her."

 

All of a sudden, I feel the rage rising from my neck. I could even feel the heat on my cheeks when I heard her words. I clutched my hands as hard as I can. 

 

*What did she say?* I thought. 

 

Her uncle is very confused now. Why not? I just talked to him like I'm the best friend of his niece but in the end, we don't even know each other, as Joohyun told him. He might think I'm such a dreamer. 

 

I looked straight at Joohyun's eyes, trying to tell her how mad I am right now because of what she said. 

 

She was about to speak when I decided to excuse myself. I was never this mad because of something, even though I know she has a reason to do this but just thinking about what she meant, my blood boils. 

 

I turned my attention to her uncle and convincing my mind not to look at her again. "Excuse me, Sir. I forgot that I need to do something." I smiled. I know it's fake but I wanted to. I wanted Joohyun to see and know that I'm bothered of her words. 

 

I started to walk away from them when my head hurts. I felt the ground was shaking. My knees lose its strength again and for a second, I was unable to walk when Krystal hold my shoulders tightly to support me. 

 

"Walk straight, Seulgi," she whispered. Her voice was concerned and serious. "She's looking at you." 

 

I breathed heavily, trying to gain some air and strength. 

 

"Hold my arms. It can help you." She said silently. I nodded and do what she said. 

 

Luckily, we successfully walked away from them. Krystal helped me out until she support me to sit in a table under the huge tree. My favorite spot inside the campus. 

 

"You okay?" Krystal suddenly asked while standing in front of me. 

 

If her question is intended for my health, yes, I am. But it if it was intended for something else, no, I'm not. I wanted to tell her that I am so mad about Joohyun. Her words earlier really hit me and I don't know why. It was just, I had a hard time in breathing for a second there. 

 

But I can't tell her. She will scold me. Worst, she'll never help me again. She was with me in the first place because she wanted to help me for my revenge. 

 

"I am." I nodded. 

 

"You sure?" She seated beside me. She put her hand on my forehead. "Do you know that you're burning?" She said, referring to my fever.

 

"Yes," 

 

"And why are you still desperate to attend your classes?" 

 

"We had a long quiz." I said. I almost jump from my chair when she suddenly shouted. 

 

"For christ sake, Seulgi! You ignored your fever because of a ing long quiz?" She said. "That is not a valuable answer." 

 

"So, you're that kind of teacher now that lectures her students because of a ty excuse?" I said jokingly. This is who we really are. We cursed at each other comfortably. Maybe because we knew each other for so long and that makes our tongue speaks on its own.

 

"Yes and I don't care." She's a little annoyed now. "You need to ing rest. In my house if necessary." 

 

I can't help but smile when I saw how annoyed her face was. "Yes, mom." I said sarcastically. 

 

"Tonight. You need to heal those ing bruises." 

 

"Tonight." I nodded. 

 

As I look at the field, I put my head to her shoulder to give it some rest. For a moment, I wanted to forget what happened and just enjoy the time. 

 

I close my eyes. "Can I have a day off?" I whispered. How I wish.

 

She didn't respond immediately. She sighed. "As much as we wanted to but we can't. You still need to win the battle tonight."

 

"I'm tired." 

 

"I know. I'm not blind." She said. She wrapped her arms around me and gently rubbed my shoulder. "Just rest." She whispered. 

 

"For now." I said silently. I sighed and followed what she asked me to do. My body ing need to rest. 

 

"Let's win." was the last thing I heard from Krystal before I finally fell asleep.