TEEN AGE 23 - BREAK DOWN

SR. 002 - TEEN AGE

"Soojung!" 

 

 

I called out after I finally entered her house. 

 

 

I can't see a thing because the whole place was pitched dark. "Soojung!" I shouted. 

 

 

I heard a noise not far from me. I checked the wall for the switch button, and when I found it, I turned the lights on immediately, only to be surprised by the obnoxious image of Krystal's stepmother. 

 

 

"Tita!" I immediately rushed to her direction. I stopped in front of her. I felt my muscles started shaking because of the view before me. I slowly slouch down and gently put Ms. Song's upper body to my lap.

 

 

Her body was full of bruises and wounds, all of it are still bleeding like hell too. 

 

 

Whoever did this, they battered her so bad.

 

 

"Ti-tita, what happened?" I asked silently. 

 

 

I accidentally touched one of her wounds and she automatically flinched. 

 

 

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry." I begged. My tears are started falling. 

 

 

"Shhh," she prostested. "Kry-krystal," she said. 

 

 

I automatically looked around me to find Krystal. That's when I realized that the whole place was a mess. The sofa was upside down, the TV was broke as well as some of the windows. 

 

 

That's when I thought that Ms. Song fought them.

 

 

Somebody invaded the house and battered them until she lost consciousness.

 

 

"Where's Krystal, tita?" I said. I found myself sweating because of nervousness. I'm terrified to know if my best friend has been attacked too, if she look like this too. I'm scared. 

 

 

Ms. Song slowly raised her hand. She pointed the ceiling, telling me that Krystal is upstairs. 

 

 

Ms. Song suddenly lost consciousness. 

 

 

"Ms. Song? Tita?" I shoke her body numerous times but she isn't responding to my action anymore.

 

 

I fished out my phone from my pocket and check for her number. I was about to call Hani when I suddenly thought that she might breakdown if she'll see what happened to her ex-girlfriend's stepmother and house. 

 

 

I guess, I'm used to it. 

 

 

I deleted her number and check for Jennie's number instead. 

 

 

"Seul---" 

 

 

"Jennie! I need your help!" I said, half-whispered. "Jennie, I badly need your help." 

 

 

"Of course! Why? What is it? What happened!?" She said on the other line when she noticed my tone. 

 

 

"Can you bring your car with you?" 

 

 

"I can." She said. I heard her getting her keys on the other line. "Can you please tell me what's going on?" 

 

 

"I will when you got here. I'll text you the address. Please be here immediately before I could lose them." I said while looking down to Ms. Song's unconscious body. 

 

 

"Could lose them?" I heard she ran down from the stairs and her car's door closed. "I don't have a single idea what the hell is happening but okay, I got it. Now, text me the address!" 

 

 

I can fell she's terrified too though she doesn't completely know what's happening. 

 

 

"Thanks, Jen," I said silently. 

 

 

"No, worries." She said on the other line before I hung up the call.

 

 

I immediately gave her Krystal's address. 

 

 

She replied almost immediately a I'll be there.

 

 

I gently put Ms. Song's body to the sofa in their living room. I walked towards the window. I get the nearest chair and put it in front of me. I stood above on the chair to get the hard metallic tube they use with the curtains. 

 

 

This will do. 

 

 

I weighed the metallic tube using my hands, only to find out that it was quite heavy than I expected. 

 

 

I immediately rushed towards Krystal's room, which was upstairs. I kicked the door as hard as I can to open it, only to see it empty, only to see her things scattered all around.

 

 

"Jung Soojung!" I called. 

 

 

But no one answered me. 

 

 

I rushed to her closet to check if she was there. I kicked its door, but just like earlier, the small room was also empty. I ran towards the window to looked outside, to check for my targets. But there's nothing suspicious.

 

 

"Krystal," I whispered to myself. I bite my lower lip, holding its shakiness because of my nervousness. "Where are you?" I hold the tube tightly again while thinking about the things they might do to her. 

 

 

I shouldn't have let her went home alone. I should have let them use my house, knowing the enemies already know their address. I should have force them to transfer. 

 

 

I was ready to leave the room when a warm sensation holds my feet. I automatically looked down, only to see a bloody hand from under the bed. 

 

 

Those fingers... 

 

 

I quickly slouched down and saw the most horrifying image that was beyond my imagination. 

 

 

"Krystal," I called while holding her hand, the hand that grabbed me earlier. I hold it as tight as I can. She did the same in a few seconds. 

 

 

She was under her bed, lying by her front, looked completely defeated. 

 

 

"Wait," I said, took my hand from hers before I stood up. I move her bed until I can have the full access to her. 

 

 

I cannot help but burst out crying when I saw her face full of bruises and wounds. Her hands were covered with cuts and bruises with different colors, and her shirt was full of blood. I opened it up and regret it immediately because of the the huge cut she have in there.

 

 

"What ha-happened?" 

 

 

How much blows did she need to receive from the attacker? Does she really have to look like this before they stop battering her? Who the hell are them to do this to her, to them? I will rip their bones apart! I swear to God they will regret this! 

 

 

"Se-seulgi," she whispered. She hold my arm and squeezed it while she's shaking her head. She's trying to tell me not to get mad, not to let my anger control my body, take over my senses.

 

 

"Wh-what happened?" I put her to my lap and that's when I realized that she lost a lot of energy. She's like a person with no bones, she's like a jelly. I shut my eyes. It is too painful to watch. I took a deep breath. "Who did this? Tell me, who did this to you!?" 

 

 

"Su-sulli," she said, almost a whisper. "It was her and her gang." 

 

 

"Why?" My tears won't stop falling. "Why did they do this to you?" 

 

 

"Ha-hani," 

 

 

" them all!" My voice echoed around her room. My sobbing turned into a loud cries. "Why you didn't call me? Why? I should have help you. I should have been here to rescue you and kill those bastards! Krystal, why?" 

 

 

"You are not a killer, Seulgi." She tried her best to speak. "You were not and you will never be."

 

 

I cried even more because of what she said. 

 

 

It's true, I never killed anyone, even in the underground battle. I never loses, I always win, but I never taken a life from that illegal game. I just have to crashed them or cracked their bones, make them not to walk for months, so I could win the game. That's the rule that I always follow.

 

 

"I don't have time. They ambushed us." She coughed, blood came out from . 

 

 

"Krys..." I said. I don't hesitate wipe using my hands. "Hang in there. I called for help." 

 

 

"From whom?" She asked. 

 

 

My phone suddenly rang. I fished it out from my pocket, only to see Jennie calling. 

 

 

"I'm already her in front gate." She said on the other line. "I can't get in." 

 

 

Krystal was staring at me, asking me who the person is using her eyes. I decided to ignored her. Looking at her situation right now breaks my already broken heart even more. 

 

 

"Stay there. Just open your car doors so I can put them as quickly as I can." I said to the other line. 

 

 

"Okay, I'll do what you said."

 

 

I heard from the other line that she's currently opening the doors. I decided to hang up the call. 

 

 

"Let's go," I said to Krystal. 

 

 

I was ready to carry her when she stopped me by grabbing me by my arm. 

 

 

"Where are we going?" She said. 

 

 

"To the hospital, Krys," I whispered. 

 

 

I cannot take to see her in pain anymore, so I shut my eyes for a while, inhaled deeply to gain some strength. 

 

 

"Let's go," and in just one swift move, I successfully put her on my back. "I just want you to know that no one can stop me to hospitalize both of you, just in case you have a plan to stop me."

 

 

She smiled. "Do whatever you want, stupid." She said.

 

 

I nodded. "Hold tight, Krys. I need you to hold tight." I demanded which she followed immediately. 

 

 

I immediately rushed to the gate while carrying Krystal at my back, who is currently unconscious. 

 

 

I jumped to put Krystal on the side of my back so I could balance myself while punching the pass code to her gate. 

 

 

"Oh my God," Jennie muttered while covering her slightly opened mouth with her hands when she finally saw us, when we finally out from the gate. "What happened to her?" she asked. 

 

 

"Someone attacked them," I said. I carefully put Krystal in the passenger's seat.

 

 

"Them?" 

 

 

I didn't answer her because I ran back to the house, only to bring Miss Song outside and slowly put her in the back seat too.

 

 

Jennie looked at me, to my face. She saw the tears on my cheeks.

 

 

I nodded. "Her stepmom too." I whispered while pointing to Miss Song. The tears are started falling again. 

 

 

"Jesus Christ," she muttered while looking at the woman in the back seat. "Who the hell on earth did this?" 

 

 

"I know someone." I felt the madness running through my veins, felt the heat on my eyes. "Please bring them in the hospital, Jennie. Please, I beg you." I pleaded. "They are important to me." 

 

 

"Important or not, I will definitely bring them. They badly needed medication." She said. "How about you? You're not going with us?" 

 

 

I shook my head. "Not until I finish my business with them." 

 

 

"Who's them?" Jennie asked after she seated inside her car. 

 

 

"No one," I said. They don't deserve a label on this planet.

 

 

I sensed that she wanted to ask more questions but she decided not to because of my response. 

 

 

Somebody suddenly grabbed my arm. 

 

 

It was Krystal.

 

 

She's looking at me, trying to transport something using her eyes. "Do-don't," she cannot finish her sentence when she was suddenly coughing. When she finally gain some strength, she spoke again. "Don't revenge for me, Seulgi. Don't." She pleaded, knowing that the worst things might happen when I'm full of rage. 

 

 

I hold her arm and brushed my thumb to it. "I'm not revenging for you, Krys. I'm revenging for me, for my satisfaction. I will let them payback from what they did to you until I'm satisfied." 

 

 

Her face changed. She already have an idea what I might do to the attackers next. 

 

 

I signaled Jennie to start the car before Krystal will react again, before she will stop me again. "Just text me where, Jen."

 

 

Jennie nodded her head, telling me she understand what I'm trying to say. 

 

 

They finally accelerating until they finally gone from sight. 

 

 

I walked inside the house, only to get the metallic tube I have earlier. 

 

 

It's time for payback. 

 

 

*********

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE: This scene will be extra terrifying if you play NCT's "Neo Got My Back" followed by "Boss" and followed by "Black on Black" as your background music." YOU'RE WELCOME lol 

 

 

But it is still better to read it without music.

*********

 

 

I was having a slow march at the corner of the street while running the metallic tube at the walls, producing golden sparks and a screeching sounds.

 

 

I entered a dark and small alley, which brought a lot of memories to me, good and bad. 

 

 

The booming sound from the core of the place is slowly zooming in to my ears, indicating I'm getting closer and closer to my targets. I hold the tube as tight as I can when the horrible image of Krystal from earlier suddenly flashed on my mind. 

 

 

When I finally got myself inside to their hideout, to their meeting place, I saw them having a party, they were having a blowout. The food is in the center of the huge table while liquors were at the side table.

 

 

Lights on, light off, everywhere in the place. Few of the members were having a feast at the second floor. One of them is my primary target. 

 

 

Sulli. 

 

 

She was busy entertaining some of her guests and some of the members of the gang.

 

 

I smirked while staring at my target when my mind was sending me some ideas how to end her life, ideas to make her suffer to the highest point. I want her to beg for her life to spare but who knows, this might be her last day, so I  want her to make the most out of it when she is still breathing. 

 

 

I slowly walk towards the huge speaker without separating my eyes to her. I pulled the plug of the speaker off, which made the place into a silent old haunted building. 

 

 

"What the hell!?" She shouted, sounded annoyed. "Who the hell turned the music of---" she didn't finish what she wanted to say when our eyes finally meet. 

 

 

I grinned, wanted to look like a famished tiger who is ready to eat his prey anytime sooner. 

 

 

"Slugg..." She called out, beaming from ear to ear. "You are always very good in blending. I didn't even notice your presence when you entered the building."

 

 

I smashed the speakers beside me using the axe I got earlier from the door and never stop until I separated it into half. Their eyes widened after witnessing my work. I pickup one of the gallons beside the entrance door, which I'm pretty sure was gasoline. I poured it all out to the speaker. I throw the gallons anywhere.

 

 

"So, you really had the plan to burn her house into ashes, huh?" I said in a monotone. I get the nearest chair and carry it with me towards the huge table at the center. I sit on it and crossed my feet up above the table, where the heels of my boots touches their food. I looked up, only to see a raged Sulli. I grinned.

 

 

I fished out my zippo lighter from my pocket then strike down the wheel with my thumb, resulting in the wick catching the flame. I throw it to my back, which automatically causes a huge flame. 

 

 

"What the !" Sulli shouted, sounded annoyed. "Wash it off!!" She demanded. Her members followed her just as I expected. 

 

 

The pressure from the fire blew my hair, made it dancing in the wind. 

 

 

Sulli stared at me. A smirk slowly showing to the sides of her lips. She shrugged. "You're very bold as I expected, Seulgi." She stood up from her seat and walk towards the veranda, which is in the upper front of me. "Bolder when you came here alone, causes a big trouble. Do you think I will let you get out of here alive?" She asked sarcastically. 

 

 

I tied my hair and tucked my sideburns to my ears. "You can dream." I said sarcastically too.  

 

 

She laughed out loud. "Oh, by the way, how was the stepmom of your bestfriend?" She said, grinning. 

 

 

I grasped the tube until the whiteness of my knuckles showed when she mentioned the two, reminding me about my true purpose here.

 

 

"I can't imagine how painful the impact from the blow we gav---" She didn't finish her words when I suddenly pushed the huge table upside down, made all the food fell to the floor.

 

 

Sulli's expression changed, as well as mine. She signaled her members to prepare for an attack. They surrounded me in less than a minute. 

 

 

"You'll regret what you did." I said. 

 

 

She smiled sarcastically. She raised her finger and tilted it, telling everyone to attack me. 

 

 

But before someone attack me, I quickly ran towards Sulli's direction. I was planning to attack her first and take the rest in the end. 

 

 

But someone suddenly jump in my way, bringing a wood, preparing for an attack, when I slide myself to the floor and hardly smashed her feet with the metallic tube I brought, cause a crack on both legs. When she slouch down because of the pain, I immediate gave her jaw a hard blow. She loses consciousness immediately. 

 

 

The battle just started.

 

 

I continued ran towards the veranda and another bunch of people stand on my way. One of them smash the wood she was carrying but I blocked it using the tube, before it landed to me. I quickly hold the wood, pulled it to me, knowing the holder be pulled to my direction as well. When her face finally on my reach, I punched her cheeks that made her spit a blood. I ran towards the other two. I anticipated an attack from the person on my left and I dodged it. The other, almost immediately attack me. I smiled devilishly as I volunteered to received the impact. I saw her eyes widened when she saw me doing that. I quickly give her a blow with my tube to her ears, and I swear, the cracking sound that I heard satisfied my soul. 

 

 

That it for Miss Song. 

 

 

I quickly turned around to face the person at the back. I swing my tube from the air to her head and she lost consciousness afterwards. Her gang continued attacking but I defeated them all in a minute.

 

 

I shake my head to fixed my hair on my face. I looked around, only to see that everyone on the ground floor were down, all unconscious and lifeless. 

 

 

I inhaled deeply before making a walk to the stairs that will lead me to Sulli, who is standing, waiting for me. 

 

 

"Slugg," she called. 

 

 

I ran the end of the tube on the floor, making a screeching sound, while I'm walking towards her direction. 

 

 

Before she speak again, I rushed to her and smashed the tube but she dodged my attacked. I was about to run to her again when a chair is already in the mid air and its coming to my direction. I did nothing because everything happened so fast, when it landed on my shoulder that threw me directly to the floor. The impact was stronger than I expected. I lost my tube somewhere. 

 

 

She burst out laughing. "What happened to your boldness, Seulgi?" She said sarcastically.

 

 

One person suddenly jumped in front of me and smashed a metal directed to my face. I rolled to my left before it landed on me. 

 

 

I quickly lift myself up from the ground to prepare for a combat. But I didn't expect a sudden attack to my back that made me fall hard to the ground again.

 

 

I pressed my lips together hardly, preventing the noise that acted to come out because of the pain I received. I don't want to give them the satisfaction to their guilty pleasure. 

 

 

I admitted, the pain was not a joke. But I tried my best, my very best, to lift myself up from the ground again, only to got smashed with a metal on my shoulder... again. I fell on the ground like a jelly. I coughed, only to see some blood to my hands. 

 

 

"What happened to the unbeatable superstar player of the underground battle, Seulgi?" I heard Sulli said sarcastically. I heard her footsteps coming to me. 

 

 

I can't stop myself from flinching. I don't feel some parts of my body anymore. 

 

 

"I thought you're unbeatable but what's happening now?" She said. "I thought at first, the reason behind your endless winnings was because your boss was the influential Mr. Bae. But after I fought you, after I lost a game with you, I prove that you're a strong opponent." She seated on the chair, which was in front of me. "If you only told me where can I find Hani sooner, your folks might be safe and sound right now." 

 

 

That was my cue to smashed her face as hard as I can with the metal I secretly reached out earlier in the corner. I smirked when I heard a cracking sound from the impact. i suddenly felt the madness that is burning from my within. I quickly lifted myself up and successfully grabbed the fist from the upcoming punch from a girl. I grasped it harder until I can feel the bones inside her hand. She was about to punch me with her free hand but I grabbed it again. I smirked when I twist her arms, pulled it up and elbowed it, that broke and dislocated some of her bones. She cried in despair. 

 

 

"Oww," I whispered to her sarcastically, acted like I was the one flinching with pain. 

 

 

Sulli was lying on the floor, holding the part of her face where she got hit, crawling like a weakling.

 

 

I grinned when the blood on her head caught my attention. 

 

 

That was for the sudden attack the other night with Joohyun. 

 

 

I took a step forward, only to received another hit in my head with a huge florescent lamp. I swear, I heard a crack sound. The attacker must be stronger to broke my head. 

 

 

I felt a warm liquid fell to my cheeks from my head. I brushed it off using my fingers and find out it was blood, my blood. 

 

 

I turned to face the person who attacked me earlier. She was trembling while holding the broken lamp now. I walked towards her but two strangers ran to me to hit me with wood. I received the hit voluntarily. Their woods broke into halves. 

 

 

I stretched my arms and tilted my head until I heard a relaxing cracking sounds. I felt I like my bones are back to its original position. 

 

 

"Ugh," I muttered. "That was hard." I face the two who smashed me earlier. 

 

 

Their eyes widened, mouth ajar while moving backwards away from me. They were surprised to see that I felt nothing from the recent attack. They cannot believe that I'm standing firmly after the hard hit. They cannot afford to accept that I'm smiling despite the pain they given me. 

 

 

"Bo!" I said to surprised them. They immediately ran away from me. But before they could totally expand the gap, I grabbed the wooden chair beside me, the chair Sulli used earlier, and throw it to their direction. 

 

 

"Ruuun!" Sulli warned her members, but unfortunately, it landed on their heads, just as I measured.

 

 

"Bullseye," I muttered, beaming from ear to ear. 

 

 

That is for messing my best friend's home.  

 

 

I quickly grabbed the other girl's collar, who is left standing at the back of me, and pulled her to me, only to punch her to her face. 

 

 

She fell on the ground.

 

 

"Run, Julia!" Sulli shouted again to warned the girl. "Run before she'll kill you!" 

 

 

The girl crawl backwards while watching me walking towards her.

 

 

"Seulgi, stop!" Sulli said. 

 

 

But I ignored her and grabbed the familiar metallic tube from the ground. 

 

 

"Leave her alone and face me instead!" Sulli invited but wasn't enough to stop me. I keep walking towards the girl and when she lifted herself up from the ground, it was my cue to hit her hard with the tube and never stop until I saw her shoulder covered with colors of bruises. 

 

 

The last blow that I gave made her unconscious. 

 

 

 For Joohyun's injured leg. 

 

 

I brushed the sweats on my forehead using the back of my hands. 

 

 

"You're insane!" Sulli cried. She looked around her, only to find out that she was now the only man left standing in the war. "You're a monster!" 

 

 

Her words echoed to my ears. I felt like the blood inside of me boils. 

 

 

I grasped the tube firmly until the whiteness of my knuckles showed.

 

 

She quickly lifted herself up from the ground and lifted the glass table to throw it to me. I didn't have the time to dodge it because it happened faster than I expected. 

 

 

Unfortunately, it landed hard on me, made me fell hard on ground.

 

 

She laughed insanely when she saw me lying on the floor, defeated. "!" She shouted. I was flinching in pain, the impact to my body was strong, it wasn't a joke. I think, it broke at least two bones from my shoulder when I use it as a shield earlier. I felt a warm liquid from my head. I saw my shoulder covered with blood and bruises. I got a huge cut in my right arm. 

 

 

Stupid!

 

 

Someone's voice invaded my head. 

 

 

Don't revenge for me, Seulgi. Don't. 

 

 

I grunted. 

 

 

I tried my best to pushed myself up from the ground. I saw her walking to another table, only to grabbed another florescent lamp. She was playing it while making her way closer to mine. 

 

 

"Coming here alone is a bull idea, Slugg. You can never defeat me in one shot." She slouched down to level her face to mine. She grabbed my chin hysterically using her fingers. "Any death wish, Slugg?" She asked, beaming from ear to ear. 

 

 

I smirked. "Kiss my ." I muttered. I quickly grabbed her arm, which holds the lamp, and shifted all of my remaining strength to my right fist to her punched hard on her face using it. 

 

 

She fell on the ground, grunting, teeth clenching.

 

 

"How's the taste?" I said sarcastically. 

 

 

She was crawling away from me, slowly, never separated her eyes to mine.

 

 

"Guess the table has turned." I muttered while lifting myself up from the ground, only to run towards her and seated on her stomach, locked her with my legs. I grabbed her arms and put it over her head. I leaned my face closer to her. "I warned you before, don't disturb the lives of the people around me. I told you before, don't try to mess with them or you'll end up dying." I said in a monotone. 

 

 

Her face was full of fear now, knowing that I always do things beyond limits. She already experienced it, once in the underground battle. 

 

 

She was flinching her arms, hoping she can get away from my grip. But I'm not letting it loose. 

 

 

"I guess, your barking the wrong tree." I muttered. I punched her face many times and never stop until I saw her lower lip get busted, eyes were swollen. 

 

 

She was lying on the ground, totally defeated, while I stood up and get a piece of broken glass from the table she threw at me earlier. I grasped it as hard as I can, until it wounded me and a blood spill from the cut. 

 

 

I slouched down, only to grabbed her collar and put her face closer to mine. I pressed the broken glass to her face deeper. It satisfies my soul when I saw her blood spilling from the wound that I'm making. She was crying in agony. 

 

 

I traveled the glass from her temple to her cheeks and stop when I already made a big cut. She was breathing heavily. She was exhausted. 

 

 

"," she managed to say even if death is slowly eating her up. 

 

 

I grabbed a piece of hardwood from the ground and started hitting her right hand, her dominant hand.

 

 

She was hollered in pain but voiceless in  every hit every hit I gave. She doesn't have enough strength to produce a noise. 

 

 

I heard a loud crack, assured it was one of her knuckles that broke. She can't write anymore after this. She can't even grip her own hand after this.

 

 

"The next time you'll mess with me, I will kill you." I said and throw the wood somewhere. "Do you hear me?" 

 

 

She was biting her lowered lip while nodding her head, tears are on the side of her eyes. 

 

 

I stood up, brushed the dust away from my shirt and fixed myself before I left the place. 

 

 

The fire on the speaker helps the place to look like hell. 

 

 

I hold the railings of the stairs to support myself from walking. When I finally at the ground floor, I tried my best to walk straight even if pain was all over my body.

 

 

I slammed the door closed of the building, hoping this will end my conflict with Sulli, and immediately blend myself to the people in the street. 

 

 

I'm on my way back, best friend.