TEEN AGE 07 - EXes?

SR. 002 - TEEN AGE

"Seulgi. Seulgi. Seulgi." I keep whispering her name to myself. She's nowhere to be found. I checked all of the classrooms from 7th floor down to ground floor but I still didn't see her, even her shadows. 

 

I decided to stop finding her for a while. I seated on the table under a tree, the same place me, Jisoo and Seulgi were at before. 

 

Isn't it funny? When I don't wanna see her, she keep showing herself to me but now that I need her, she's nowhere to be found. 

 

"Joohyun?" 

 

Someone's voice brought me back to earth. I looked around me but no one's there. A cold wind passed. I embraced myself to keep myself warmth. Suddenly, I heard a silent laugh. I felt the hair on my nape is slowly rising. 

 

"Who is it?" I asked even I don't know who is it but my mind told me it's a ghost. 

 

"You're scared, are you?" The ghost asked. Its voice is husky, like a ghost-sound. 

 

I was about to run away when I felt something from the tree fall. I was taken aback, fall to the ground with my eyes close. 

 

The ghost suddenly burst out laughing. "You're so funny to watch, Joohyun," she said between her laughs. Based on her tone, her voice, her laugh and her comment, I very well know now who is the person behind the ghost voice. I am just so stupid to think that it was a ghost who tried to scare me when the truth is, it was Seulgi, the troublemaker of my life. 

 

I opened my eyes, and there she is as expected, laughing with her hands on her stomach because of the pressure. I stand from the ground, fixing my clothes. 

 

"Stop it, stupid," was all I said in a while. 

 

But she didn't stop, she just lessen it. "I was not aware that my name was changed to stupid now." She said. She helped me fixing my uniform. "If I'm stupid so as you." She laughed silently. "You looked terrible earlier." 

 

"It's because of you," I punched her to her shoulder but she just laugh it off. 

 

"I'm sorry," she said. "I didn't mean to scare you. I just play with the flow. I didn't know you'll get scared easily. Are you a coffee lover by any chance?"

 

"No," I said but change it afterwards. "Yes, I am." 

 

"Caffeine consumption may raise blood pressure." She said, lecturing me like a teacher while getting my bag from the floor. "Here." She offered it in front of me. I get it from her hands and put it in my back. "So, what brings a Bae Joohyun here? I know, this isn't usually your hangout place." 

 

"I need to tell you something." I said silently. I don't know if this is right but as I said to myself earlier, I'll decide the moment I'll see her. And when the moment I saw her, the decision is just made. 

 

"What is it?" She asked while raising her eyebrows for inquiry. 

 

"Yes," was all I said. 

 

"Yes, what?" 

 

"My answer is yes." 

 

She took a step back to see my face clearly. "Yes, what, Joohyun?" 

 

I looked at her in the eye. No words just thoughts, trying to send her my message through my gaze. At first, she frowned, wondering. But later, her eyes gone wide. Perhaps, she already knew what I'm trying to say. A curve shape slowly showing up in the side of her lips. 

 

"Why didn't you wear my gift instead of scaring me with your eyes?" She said, scratching her head. "So?" She looked at the floor. I forgot that she really did give me a gift. 

 

"We need you tonight. Come on." I said. I hold her arm and drag her. I can still feel the trembling from my hands. When she helped me fixed my uniform, the trembling never left. I also noticed the color of her eyes. "The color of your eyes changed." I said, trying not to sound obvious that I'm always looking to those. 

 

"I wear contact lenses." She said. "I have a bad sight."

 

I didn't know she have a bad sight. All I know is she's a famous underground dancer. But I always wonder what the underground looks like? Why she chose the underground as her stage? 

 

"Where are we heading?" She said all of a sudden, took off my hand from her arm but hold it instead. She filled the gaps of my hands. I froze to my position. She also stop when she felt she can't drag me anymore, that I was stuck on my position. She turned with her eyes full of inquiry. 

 

"Uhm... Ah-I was---" 

 

"We're official now so it's okay to hold hands." She said. She hold my hand tight while the other is brushing it. The trembling of my hands suddenly gone. My mind suddenly focus the warmth her hands is providing me and it comforts me and I'm also wondering why. Why my brain think this way? Maybe, all of the people can give this feeling to me, I just don't know about it because this is my first. She sighed. "You don't like it?" She used her lips to point to our hands.

 

I shook my head to set things aside. "I was shocked." I said. 

 

She nodded. She suddenly take her hands off of my hand and walk away. "Let's go." She said silently. 

 

Just then, my hand suddenly felt cold. I slowly raise it and look at it for a while. When she let go, I suddenly felt cold. One thing that made me realize for a very long time, I really hate being alone... without the feeling of love.

 

"You okay?" 

 

Seulgi's question brought me back. I quickly shoved my hands inside my pockets. The idea that she's wearing contact lenses pop up to my mind. "Ye-yeah," was all I said. 

 

"Lead the way, Joohyun. I don't know where your office is."

 

I just nodded and did as I'm told. "Follow me." I said silently. She followed me anyway.

 

"Always," 

 

"What?" I asked when I heard she murmured something. 

 

"What what?" She said. 

 

"You murmur something but I didn't hear it."

 

"Ahhh..." She said. "I said you're beautiful but deaf." 

 

I turned to see her face but it was just blank. "I hate murmuring." I said, trying to threaten her to stop what she was doing.

 

"Well, it's nothing to do to me." She shrugged. "You hate murmuring not me." She said with a grin. 

 

I look back and walk away again. "I didn't know that it's difficult to talk to a catalyst."

 

"I think that's the very role of a catalyst si what's wrong with it?" She said. 

 

I just sighed. I can never win in an argument with this one. I opened the door. "My lady?" I said, signal her to get inside using my hand. 

 

She smiled. "You are the lady, not me." She whispered to me. She finally entered our office, hands on her back, with the shocking faces of Jennie, Jisoo, Sooyoung and Rosé that greeted her. 

 

"Hi, guys!" She said cheerfully. "Can I sit here?" She was pointing to one of the empty seats near the door. The four officers nodded their heads at the same time. "Thanks." Seulgi said, sitting on the chair. "Joohyun told me that you needed me. So... what is it?" 

 

Jisoo was about to tell Seulgi about the issue when the door suddenly slammed open. The figure of Ms. Ahn pops up from the door. We looked at each other's eyes, wondering what's going on at this very moment, except Seulgi. She doesn't even dare to take off her eyes of the teacher. 

 

Ms. Ahn paused, the moment she exchanged glance with Seulgi.

 

"What are you doing here?" Ms. Ahn said in a while. Her voice sound a bit annoyed. Seulgi smirked, didn't even move an inch. "I asked you what are you doing here?" Ms. Ahn repeated but this time, she raised her voice. 

 

"This is so funny." Seulgi chuckled silently. "Of all the places... Of all the schools, why Sta. Maria university, Hani?" Seulgi said in a monotone. 

 

So, Ms. Ahn's first name is Hani. Now, I know.

 

I could feel the tension between the two ladies in front of me. Ms. Ahn remained silent while Seulgi remained seated. They're staring at each other like they're measuring each other's self.

 

"Drop now, Seulgi." Ms. Ahn said with her bossy tone. Now, Ms. Devil is back.

 

Seulgi laughed. "Why would I do that?" Her voice sounds like she's teasing the older lady. "I avoided you once but never again."

 

I noticed the look that Jisoo is giving me and I think I know what's on her mind. Could it be that these two ladies are exes? I felt heavy just thinking about that. But we don't know.

 

Seulgi stood from her seat, pulled her chair and walk towards Jisoo. She seated to the opposite side of Jisoo and ask, "So, what's the problem that we should fix, Ms. President?" She sounded pretty normal and cheerful. Ms. Ahn's jaw dropped, like she didn't expect Seulgi's action.

 

"Uhm, we invited you here to talk about Lisa." Jisoo said while secretly stole glances from Ms. Ahn, who is still at her position since. 

 

"Yeah, I know about her and I already said my decision to Joohyun." As Seulgi relay her answer to Jisoo, I noticed the changed from Ms. Ahn's face. 

 

"Seulgi is the one who will replace Lisa?" She said, frowning. 

 

"Why is it so pleasing to my ears when you said Seulgi is the one?" Seulgi smirked. "Yeah, I'm the one." She teased. 

 

"No way," Ms. Ahn said silently. 

 

"Sad to say, yes way." Seulgi said with a grin on her face. 

 

I don't know what is their history. I don't know what's their relationship. But the way they're barking telling me that they hated each other. But Seulgi is really good in hiding it. If this was a competition, she's already the champion.

 

"How about you? What's your role in this story?" Seulgi asked, leaning her back to the head of the chair.

 

"She's the new adviser of the dance club." Jisoo whispered. 

 

"Oww.." Seulgi nodded, crossed her arms in front of her chest. "So far, I don't think the dance club needed an adviser." Seulgi said calmly. She's really good in hiding her hate. I'll give her that. 

 

"I told you to drop now, Seulgi." Ms. Ahn threatened.

 

"Why would I do that?" Seulgi said, asking each one of us by looking at our eyes one by one. She looked to Jisoo. "Jisoo, just text Joohyun about the information. She have my number," she emphasizes the words 'my number.' "So, I'll just ask her later." She stood up from her chair and walk towards the door but she paused in front of Ms. Ahn. She stared at her. "I can't grant what you desired Hani. I'm not the Seulgi you knew way years back." She tapped Ms. Ahn's shoulder and she finally leave the room. 

 

The moment Seulgi left the room, we became deaf cause by extreme silence. 

 

"I'll go now." I decided to speak. I wanted to follow Seulgi. I guess, she needed a companion after what happened. "Just text me everything, Jisoo. I'll send it to her." When Jisoo nodded, I immediately left the office. I looked around me and not far from where I stood, I saw Seulgi's back, slowly fading. I run towards her. "Seulgi, wait!" I said when we were like 2 meters away. But she didn't stop. I know she heard me but she's not conscious about it. Perhaps, she didn't mind that I'll follow her. "Wait, Seulgi." I run as fast as I can but she suddenly stop and I bumped to her back. She looked at me blankly. 

 

"If you're going to ask about what happened earlier, not today." She said silently. I nodded to her request. I'm aware this is not the right time to ask about it.

 

"I'll walk with you." I said. She nodded. She started to walk away but I hold her arm to stop her. She turned to see me and then I put my palm in front of her. She's wondering about it. "Mind to walk while holding hands?" I asked.

 

"Nope." And she immediately took my hand and filled the gaps of it. "Let's go." She smiled and we started to walk away together. I suddenly realize that she did have an amazing and beautiful smile. 

 

There must be a serious issue between her and Ms. Ahn. But better not to think about it when I felt very warm, comfortably warm when I am with her.