TEEN AGE 14 - WE HAVE MANY GUESTS

SR. 002 - TEEN AGE

**** SEULGI ****

 

"Seulgi!" 


I stopped in front of her door when she shouted my name. 


"It's very dangerous for you to go to school." Krystal said. 


I turned to face her. "I will just act normal." I said while raising my hands on my sides.


"Then, what?" She stood from the bed and walk towards me. "You'll just gonna act like you're not the Kang Seulgi they know? You're gonna deny your name? Then what if Jisoo or Sooyoung or Jennie or Rosé will hear you denying your very own identity? What will you say?" She's mad now. 


I smiled. "No need to worry, Krys. It was just her uncle who visited the school and his motive isn't connected to me." I said. 


She brushed her hair using her hands annoyingly. "You really don't understand, Seulgi. It is very dangerous for you!" 


"Listen, Krys." I said calmly while I hold her face and turned it to me. "It's not dangerous for me, okay? It was just her uncle who doesn't know you or me. So, it's okay for me to attend school. So, don't be so paranoid." 


I pulled my hands off her and was about to open the door knob when she speak again. "And what if I'll tell you that Siwon was there?" 


I felt my feet glued to the floor and my jaw dropped.  "Who?" 


"Remember the day when I helped you out in front of the comfort room?" She asked. I nodded. "I saw him... with Irene. They were talking about something ridiculous. Would you like to know what is the ridiculous part of my story?" She said. 


I turned to see her and cross my arms in front of my chest. "Go on." 


"He will be our classmate." 


My jaw dropped because of what Krystal said. "That's ridiculous!" 


"Told you,"


"It's an exclusive school for girls. Why would a man enrolled there?" I said. 


"What is money and power, Seulgi?" She said. She walked closer to me and put her hands in my shoulder. "You need go avoid Irene if you want to succeed." 


I nodded. "That's the first thing that comes to my mind." I said silently. "It's gonna be difficult for me to achieve my goal concerning with Joohyun. How would I make her fall in love with me deeply if she will not see me for I-don't-know-how-long?" I said. 


"Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too." Krystal said. She seated on the nearest chair and crossed her legs. "But the thing the bothers me the most is why Siwon was there? Yes, he doesn't know us, you because you're wearing a mask everytime you play the game but why is he there? First, her uncle and now, it's Siwon." She sighed. "What is his motive?" 


I seated on her bed. "It's gonna be dangerous for me but that doesn't mean I will not attend class anymore."


Her face cracked. "You really don't know how dangerous for you, don't you?" She half-screamed half whispered. 


"I know." 


"But why?" 


"Do you really want to know why?"


"Yeah?"


"I wanted to look after Hani." 


She looked at me like with a shocked face. "Ha-hani?" She asked. Her voice stuttered. 


"I'm sorry, I didn't tell you but yes, Hani is there." I said. Her jaw dropped while her eyes open wide. I can see in her face that she was really shocked about knowing that Ahn Hani was there. "I thought you already know." I said silently. 


She blink fast and stood from the chair. She always do that whenever she cannot believe about why such things happened. She walked towards the window and crossed her arms in front of her chest. "Why would your sister be there?" She asked. Probably, she still doesn't want to believe the fact that her ex was there. Her ex that broke her heart. The one who flew, leaving her nothing but some good memories. 


"She's applied as a teacher." I said silently.


"No, Seulgi. Why would your sister be there?" She asked once more like I didn't answer her question right, her tone raised. 


"I already told you." I said silently.


She turned to see me. "Don't you get it? It is not just because she is a teacher in our school, she has a motive too. There are many universities and colleges around the city but why Sta. Maria?" She said furiously. "I know her for ages. She isn't simply just a teacher there. She have someone that caught her eye." 


"You mean... someone in a relationship?" I said. 


She looked at me, her eyebrows furrowed. "Really, Seulgi? You're thinking that way?" She said. 


"I cannot think of any reason." 


She sighed. "Nevermind." She said. "I'll investigate it myself." She seated back to her bed. "By the way, please do me a favor." 


"What?" I said. 


"Please ask Jisoo about Hani's schedule. I want to monitor her." She said.


"I won't."


"The hell, Seulgi?" 


"I won't let my sister to have another stalker, especially if it's my best friend." I said jokingly that made her knock my head twice. 


"Your brain fall." She said. "Mind putting it back to your head?" She crossed her arms in front of her. 


I laughed silently. "I was just joking." I said. "But it might take time to get it. I don't want to meet Irene as of now and Jisoo is always with her. But, I'll call you right away once I have it." I said. 


She nodded.


"Can I go now?" I asked. 


She slightly turned to see me. "Even if I tell you to stop, I know you won't." She said. 


"Thanks, Krys." I tapped her back to inform her that I will leave the house already.


"Seulgi," she called once more. 


"What now, Krys?" I said out of frustration. 


"The world outside is dangerous. Better call me if you see or discover something wrong. Understand?" She sounded serious. 


"Expect me to do that." I said in a monotone. I smiled. "You're a jackass. Your body isn't well but you are still good to go. Whatever." She slammed the door hard in front of my face. I smirked. I know she's upset because I didn't tell her that Hani was there. I fixed my bag on my shoulders and started to walk away. 


Now, I know how dangerous it is for me if I put my guard down. I can tell that starting today, there are many eyes that will watch me. 


The quarrel of a couple not far away from where I am caught my attention. I looked at their way when I saw it was Irene and the non other than, the guy Krystal told me to be careful of. Siwon. The guy who plays the game too. But I'm positive he doesn't recognize me because I always wear mask.


I took a step backwards from my position and hide myself from a wall. I crossed my arms in front of me and leaned on the wall beside me. I have to observe Siwon's actions. It might be a helpful information. 


But the thing that bothered me is how Joohyun acts in front of Siwon. It looks like she is out of control of herself. She isn't the usual Joohyun I am with almost everyday now that she's in front of the guy. Maybe, that's the effect a guy can give to a girl. 


Tsk. I lost. I don't gave her that kind of effect whenever we are together. 


"Slugg, who are you looking at?" 


I turned to see while answering when I heard a very friendly voice. "I'm watchi---" My words immediately died inside my mouth when I saw who it was. "Seu-seungwan." 


She smiled at me. "Just Wendy, Seulgi." She demanded. "Long time, no see."


I felt my feet glued to the floor and my body suddenly frozen. 


She walk closer to me and leaned a little to see who I was looking at. She smiled sarcastically. "You never change." She said with wide smile on her face. "The only thing you can afford to a girl you love is by watching them from a far." 


"Why are you here?" I asked. 


She put her hand in front of me, gave me an idea that she doesn't want to hear those kind of questions. She tilted her head to Joohyun's direction. "She's very pretty, Seulgi. I didn't know you have high standards now." She said, still smiling. 


Just as what she requested. I didn't ask her some questions because the only thing I wanted to ask is why the hell she is here. I remained silent. She looked at me, confused, then she laughed silently, look like she already understand why am I silent.


"I transferred." She suddenly spoke that almost made me jump from my position. 


"No way," 


"Just last day." She said in a monotone. "But I'm not familiar with the place yet. Can you be my tour guide?" 


What in the world is happening in Sta. Maria university? First, Joohyun's uncle was here. Secondly, the guy I hated the most with two particular reasons and now! Seungwan? 


I was about to answer her question when her stomach suddenly made a noise. "I'm hungry," she said with a guilty smile. 


I can't help but smiled. "You never change." I started to walk away from the corner of a room. "Follow me." I demanded which she followed.


*********


"Woah, Seulgi." she clapped her hands. "I didn't expect you still remember my favorite food." She said. 


How would I not remember it?


I put the tray in front of her while sitting on her opposite side. "Here's your drink." I move the plastic cup a little bit closer to her. I seated on my chair while looking at her, waiting for her to grab the bite first. 


"Why?" She suddenly said. 


"Why, what?" I said. 


"Why are you looking at me like you saw a ghost from four years ago?" She said while raising her eyebrows for inquiry. "And why you're not talking?" 


Fool. You told me not to speak earlier. Still, I would not. I only have one question and I know she knew what I wanted to ask her. 


Instead of answering her, I decided to opened my sandwich and grab a bite from it when I saw her did the same, a little earlier than me. 


"Hello?" She shake her hands in front of me and that made me look at her direction. "Still there?" She said sarcastically. I still choose not to answer her and just drink my juice instead. She sighed. "Tsk. Okay, shoot. You can ask me anything now. It's better to be that way than to sit her like I'm not with anyone."


I can't help but smiled because of her words. "How's the food?" I said silently. 


She was shocked because of my question. Maybe, because she didn't expect it. "There you go. That's what I'm talking about. Just a friendly conversation will do." She said. She wiped her lips using her fingers. "Well, it's good." 


"The drink?" I asked.


"Just fine." She said. 


"The school?" 


"It is so big that I think it will take me a week to room around." 


"Why did you transfer here?" 


The question caught her off guard. She looked at me, trying to warn me because of my question but she sighed right away. 


"You know, school issues." She said. 


"Issues? What kind of issues?" 


"I was force to shift because I was a bully from my old school." 


I looked at her for a while, trying to measure the honesty of her answer. I shook my head. "That's not your main reason and besides, I know you for so long. You are not a bully." I said. 


"Seulgi, people change." She automatically said after me. I stared at her and a curve shape slowly showing beside my lips. 


"Indeed." I said silently. She brush her hair using her hand when she finally understand the words she said. I eat my sandwich. 


"Not that way," she said silently. She meant the thing I was thinking off. 


"If you insist." I answered. We were silently eating together when I heard my name somewhere. 


"Seulgi!" 


I looked at my back to see who it was. She raised her hand for me to see her. She's carrying her tray of food while walking towards our table. When she got near us, Wendy caught her attention. "Who is she?" Jisoo whispered. 


"She's a friend of mine." I said cheerfully. Jisoo seated beside me. 


"Nice to meet you." Jisoo offered her hand to Wendy. "I'm Jisoo." 


"I'm Wendy." Wendy grabbed Jisoo's hand and shake it. They both separated at the same time. 


"By the way, Seulgi," Jisoo said. I turned to her with raised eyebrows for inquiry. 


"Hmm?" 


"Where's Irene?" Jisoo asked. 


I suddenly don't know what to say. I wanted to tell Jisoo not to mention Irene but first, I'm late. Second, she doesn't have an idea who Wendy is. 


"Seul?" Wendy suddenly called my name silently that made me go back to earth. "Jisoo asked you." 


"Oh!" I sipped from my drink before I answered her. "I don't know." I said silently. I tried not to stutter. 


"Pfft!" Wendy reacted secretly. She always do that in times she know I'm guilty about something. "I think I saw her earlier." Wendy suddenly answered Jisoo for me.


"You know Irene?" Jisoo asked out of surprise. 


"Nope, I don't but I think I saw her earlier." Wendy said. "Is she short, pretty, pale with long hair?" Wendy asked. 


Jisoo nodded. "Yeah." 


"I saw her in the field with a guy with broad shoulders and clean haircut." Wendy said, detailed by detailed. I just shook my head. I can never stop her with this. "Actually, she saw her too." Wendy titled her head towards my direction. 


Jisoo turned her head to me with an angry expression. 


I put my hands over my head. "Sorry." 


Jisoo decided to continue eating. 


I sighed. When did the situation became this complicated? I don't know which is which. I don't where to start anymore.


"Excuse me." I said as I stood from my chair. "CR." I pointed the direction to the CR. When I saw them nodding their heads, I immediately left. 


I felt something is going on here. I just can't figured it out. 


"So?" Krystal whispered after I closed the door in the comfort room. She crossed her arms in front of her and leaned to the wall facing the mirror. She waved her hand and shaking her head, telling me no one is inside the comfort room except us. I walked towards the faucet facing the mirror as well. "How's the observation, milady?" She said. 


I opened the faucet and wash my hands. "Something is off, Krys." I said. 


She looked at me using the mirror in front of us. I did it as well. "Enlighten me." She said. She walked to the faucet and jump to sit on it. Now, we are inches apart. 


"I don't know I can't explain it yet but I can feel it." I said. "We have many guests." 


"Tsk." She smiked. "Did you use that intuition of yours when you met the girl who broke you before?" She said jokingly. "No. Instead, you came to my house, running, asking for help because you thought you can't survive from your first breakup. Sorry. I can't trust your intuition, Seulgi."


"Just when did we have a deal to talk about exes?" I said out of frustration. I know this is not necessary for her to open up about each other's history but I just can't control myself in getting frustrated whenever she started to open up this kind of topic. "And if you wanna lecture me about Hani's whereabouts, about why I didn't tell you, you are big enough to understand the story, Krys. I hope I wouldn't spell this out to you anymore." I stared at her and made sure to scare the hell out of her. 


She raised her hands over her head to surrender. "Okay, chill." She said. "I was just joking, Seul. Please." She said while smirking. "Why so serious, Seul?" 


"Because we have plenty of guests." I said silently, seriously.


She looked at me seriously but laugh right away. "Like who?" She said. 


"We already have few. Now, we have new." I said. 


"Who?" 


"Wendy." I said silently. 


She slowly turned to me with what-the-hell expression on her face. "W-wendy?" 


I nodded my head. "The girl you just mentioned." I said. 


"The heck!?" Krystal jumped off of the faucet and started pacing around this small space. She turned to see me and hold my shoulders. "Is it the person I am thinking?" She asked, raising her eyebrows for confirmation. "You know I was just joking. If you're joking, that isn't funny."


"I'm afraid, yes." I said while nodding my head. "Wendy Shon is here." 


"Who would send her?" She said while scratching her head hastily. She start walking back and fourth again. 


I sighed. "Someone who wanted to destruct us from our goal." I said. "Somebody is watching and I want you to keep your eye on that. I'm still working on it and I'll update you whatever it is." I walked to her and tap her shoulder. "For the meantime, I'll go back to my table before they'll think that I drown from the comfort room's bowl. Let's have a meeting in the future. For now, bye." 


She nodded her head and let me go outside first. 


I was about to enter the canteen when something caught my attention. I nearly closed my eyes to see better and regret what I'm doing right away. It was Joohyun, flirting with someone who has broad shoulders and clean haircut, the guy Wendy mentioned earlier. 


I hastily opened the door and was trying to calmed myself when the gap between me and our table is getting thinner and thinner. 


Wendy looked at my direction and stopped eating. I bet, she already sense that I'm upset about something. It's all written all over her face. But she still manage to listen and talk to Jisoo. I go back to my seat and decided to continue eating. The look on Wendy's face is so disturbing. But I tried my best to act like nothing is wrong in front of Jisoo. 


If this is what Joohyun wanted to do. Okay. I will give here the silence she badly needed. Let see.