TEEN AGE 06 - THE NEW ADVISER

SR. 002 - TEEN AGE

I covered my face with a book that I'm holding while entering to my physics class. Luckily, the teacher wasn't there yet when I got in. 

 

I didn't had the chance to explain myself to her yesterday. I know she's mad at me right now, so I need to protect my soul. I need to be ready in case of emergency.

 

"Yah, Bae Joohyun," a familiar voice suddenly spoke up from my back, made me paused next to my seat when I was about to sit on it. I didn't move an inch. "Yah!" She shouted, demanding me to speak up. But because I wanted to more, I still didn't move or speak. My lip twitched. 

 

"I hate you," she said silently. I turned to her when I heard sadness from her voice. It always makes me scared whenever she uses this tone of her. Every words that will come out from , feels like she really mean it. And by that, I hate myself making her like this. She's a friend to keep. 

 

"Sorry?" I said jokingly with a peace sign that I put in front of her face. Her face saddened. "Jisoo, come on. I didn't mean to lie to you." 

 

"I don't know what to do with you." She said. "I trusted you." 

 

"I know but that person you assigned to me is really weird, you know?" I said. I didn't notice, I called Seulgi as that person. "You saw her. She's weird, right?" What happened yesterday night in front of my dormitory suddenly flashed to my mind. I shook my head to set things aside. 

 

"You should have told me the whole thing, you know?" She said, sitting on her chair.  

 

"I'm sorry," I said quietly, trying to convince her to forgive me. 

 

She nodded. I took a huge breath when she did that. I seated beside her. I put out my notes from my bag to resume studying. 

 

"So, what is her decision then?" Jisoo suddenly spoken. 

 

"What do you mean?" I said while reviewing my notes for today's long quiz. 

 

"Seulgi. Is she going to replace Lisa?" Jisoo said. I paused from reading and the time when Seulgi told me about her condition yesterday night flashed to my mind again. 

 

"Tell me, what's her condition then?" Jisoo's voice brought me back to earth. But her question make me wanted to escape. 

 

"Ah... about that---" I was about to lie to Jisoo again when our teacher suddenly entered the classroom. 

 

"Good morning, class!" He greeted. We stand from our seats and greeted our teacher back. "Like I've told you last meeting, we will have a long quiz. Prepare a whole sheet of yellow paper." He commanded. 

 

Jisoo shouldered me to my side that made me look at her. "Tell me later and don't dare to lie again. We need her, Irene." She whispered. I just nodded. I guess, I should tell Jisoo about Seulgi's bizarre request. 

 

*****

 

I stretched my arms when we got out from our room. "That was hard," I whispered to myself. 

 

"That was really hard," Jisoo did the same, stretching her arms. "Let's eat." She grabbed my arm and pulled me towards the canteen. 

 

When we got our orders, we seated in far corner of the canteen, beside the glass wall. 

 

"I didn't try this pasta yet," I said, pointing to my ordered pasta. 

 

"I swear. It's really delicious." She said happily. "I bet, you'll get addicted to it." 

 

"I don't think so," I replied. 

 

I was about to take a spoon full of my pasta when someone suddenly seated beside me. 

 

"Morning," she said, exposing her wide smile. I ignored her but she speak up again. "You're a pasta girl?" She whispered near my ear. 

 

"So what?" I rolled my eyes. Jisoo just stare at us silently. Perhaps, she's observing. Whenever Seulgi is with us, the talkative Jisoo will immediately gone. She's always speechless in front of her. 

 

"Someone's not in the mood today." Seulgi said. She blinked at Jisoo like she's telling her something through that action. 

 

"I know right." Jisoo said. I frowned but she just shrugged. "We had a long quiz and it's difficult."

 

Seulgi nodded. I took a bite from my pasta and gladly it tasted great. Silence come after.

 

"You're not eating?" Jisoo suddenly spoken, asking Seulgi. 

 

She shook her head. "Not my lunch time yet. We are on a 15 minutes break." She said. "But I'll eat later." 

 

"Then why canteen on your 15 minute break?" I interrupted their conversation. 

 

"Actually, I came here to find my friend." She said. "I need a map for my next subject. She said, she's here but I didn't see her. But then, I saw you two, so why not give some time, right?" 

 

"Okay," was all I said. 

 

Jisoo ate half of her food already while I just took my 3rd bite. 

 

"Do you have a map?" Seulgi asked. She put her hands to my shoulder that made me turned to her. I raised my eyebrows, telling her to repeat her question again. "Do you have a map?" She repeated.

 

"No," I said. "Why would I have a map?"

 

She looked at me straight into the eyes and said, "Because I keep getting lost in your eyes." She said silently.

 

My jaw dropped. I almost spit my food to her face when the pasta was stuck to my throat that made me cough. 

 

"The break is over." Seulgi said, looking to her watch. "I gotta go. Bye, guys." Then, she just left our table without saying anything more. 

 

"Here, water." Jisoo offered her bottled water to me. I took it and drink it. "Someone's bold." Jisoo smirked. I know what she's thinking right now. I nodded and put the bottled water on the table. 

 

"I'm happy, you're not blind anymore." I said. 

 

She laughed silently. "Did you see your face?" She suddenly asked that made me flustered. I looked at her, wondering about what was she talking about. "Get your mirror." She demanded. But before I get my mirror from my bag, she suddenly spoken, "Your face was and still red, Irene." Just then, I felt the warmth in my cheeks and the heat from my neck is slowly rising. "I bet, your heart beats faster right now." She teased. 

 

I just cover my face with my hands, felt ashamed. Why am I feeling this? Why is my body reacting like this? 

 

"Ms. Kim? Ms. Bae?" 

 

Jisoo and I turned our heads at the same time when someone spoken beside our table. 

 

"Ms. Ahn?" We said in unison. 

 

"Come to my office." Ms. Ahn demanded. I looked at Jisoo asking her what's the matter but she just shrugged like she's clueless as like me. Ms. Ahn left the canteen and we have no choice but to follow her. 

 

*****

 

"Please take a seat." Ms. Ahn said. We did as we told. "You two might be confused about why I'm talking to you all of a sudden." She seated on her chair and put her arms on the table.

 

"Honestly," Jisoo spoken with her president tone. "We kind of, Ma'am. We were both shocked." I just nodded. As expected from our school president, she talked calmly. 

 

"Yeah, I know. I didn't get the chance to properly introduce myself to the whole student body." Ms. Ahn said. Jisoo and I looked at each other when the student body mentioned. "I'm the new adviser of the dance club here in our school starting today and the last time that I checked, we still have issues. What's the update about Lisa's replacement?" 

 

I was a little taken aback when she said replacement instead of the name of the person. Even not just use the word replacement is good to me. 

 

"I need her to replace Lisa as soon as possible. We will start the practices tomorrow, so I need her consent today." She said. Her tone was kind of rude to me, it's kind of bossy.

 

"We are still working on that." Jisoo immediately replied.

 

"Why you are still working on that?" Ms. Ahn sounded rude to me now. "You're just going to ask her then if she'll say yes, she's in, if she's not, she's out... and then we're done." 

 

I tried my best not to burst out my madness. She's quite not my type of a person. She's really rude. I looked at Jisoo and she looked the same as mine but she's really good in faking her face, but I can read what's really on her mind right now. We were friends for a very long time and that helped me to know her better. She hated people acted like they're the boss in every corners of the world, even if they are, they still should act a little humble, right? 

 

But what could I expect from a teacher who is known as Ms. Devil. She's actually rude and bossy. 

 

"So?" Ms. Ahn said, cutting the silence surrounded us. But no one still dare to speak between me and Jisoo, though I very know why this issue is delaying. 

 

"I will talk to he---" My words died inside my mouth when Jisoo cut me off. 

 

"We will talk to her as soon as possible and we will contact you as soon as we get her answer." Jisoo said with her president tone. 

 

Ms. Ahn nodded. "Okay," she said. "Let's call it a day." 

 

We stood from our seats. She already gave us the signal to go. At least that I know of. 

 

When we were about to leave the door, Ms. Ahn suddenly speak, "I'll expect to meet her tonight." 

 

I looked at Jisoo who still making a fake expression on he face, nodded to Ms. Ahn words. 

 

"Let see," Jisoo said with a little tone of angriness. Then, we finally off from the office. 

 

"It's true anyway," I whispered. Thinking if I could make this moment any better. "She's really rude." 

 

Jisoo looked at me in the eyes. 

 

"What?" I asked. 

 

"Talk to Seulgi, Irene. I need her." She said in a monotone. "I don't want that teacher to destroy the student body's image just because we can't get Seulgi." She sounded serious now. "I'll excuse you this whole afternoon but you need to find her and talk to her about this issue. Please, Irene."

 

I don't know what to do now. She doesn't have any idea what kind of condition did Seulgi ask me. Should I just say yes to Seulgi's request? Should I? 

 

"You need to do whatever is Seulgi's request, Irene." She said, like she just read what's on my mind.

 

I just nodded. I'm not sure about this but let see what will be my decision after I met her.