TEEN AGE 26 - FANS, BROKE, STAY

SR. 002 - TEEN AGE

*** Seulgi *** 

 

I was keep texting and calling Joohyun yesterday night, but up until now, I still didn't get a reply from her.


We won the competition. Our school maintain the legacy. Sadly, you weren't there. 


Hey,


Joohyun? 


Are you mad? 


Did I do something wrong? 


Did you change your number by any chance? 


And I got zero replies. 


You know, it is really suffocating, this kind of feeling. Now, I know what Joohyun meant to her motto. I will never do this to her again. It's very lethal. 


The air is nice today :) 


I texted her once more, trying to open a topic. 


Did you eat your breakfast? 


But she's not answering me. I heave a sigh and put my phone back to my pocket. 


Maybe she's busy about something.


I was startled when my phone vibrated suddenly. I quickly shove my phone out and click the screen twice, excited to what might Joohyun has to say, only to be scammed. 


It was just Jennie. I'm on my way to the school when I got her text. 


You have to bring some huge jackets and face mask. There are many fans outside the school, at the gate, waiting for you. 


I snorts. I don't have those things! I am wearing the usual black t-shirt, black pants, black bag, black everything. I don't have face mask and a hat that Jennie were asking for.


I don't wear makeup, maybe they won't recognize me. 


Yeah, let's try it. 


I walked comfortably to the school, only to regret it afterwards.


They weren't just a 'many fans, they were the 'MANY FANS,' literally. 


When one of the people saw me approaching the gate, she shouted and that caught attention from the people. They immediately run towards my direction and I have no choice but to run as fast as hell as I can. 


"Oh my God," I muttered. There were plenty of them. Running. Following me wherever I go. I have no choice but to cross the street to at least minimize the numbers of the people who are following me "," I jumped through a car which almost hit me. 


"Do you want to die!?" The driver shouted. 


But I ignored it. I have to avoid these people no matter. They don't know the meaning of privacy and will always follow you wherever you go. The expression of their faces tells me that. 

 

*********


*** Irene ***


"Hey," 


I turned to face the person who called me. 


"She doesn't know you were there." Jennie jumped onto my table, crossing her legs and her arms in front of her. She was talking about the other night, the night of the dance competition. And the she that she's talking about was Seulgi.


"Really?" I said, trying to excuse myself.


"Did you guys meet or not?" She asked. I put all of my things inside my bag. I was ready to leave but Jennie suddenly rushed to the door and close it. "I'm asking you nicely, Irene." 


I sighed. I secretly looked at Jisoo, trying to ask some help. 


"I guess, you have to tell her, Irene." Jisoo suggested. 


"What? No!" I said, rolled my eyes at her.


"In the end of the day, Jennie is also your friend. You said, no more secrets." 


I sighed. I don't know what to do. 


After the night I saw Seulgi kissing a girl, I rushed to Jisoo and told her everything. She even let me describe the girl to confirm if it was really Wendy. And she said yes. 


Jisoo walked towards Jennie. She leaned a little closer to her. "Seulgi was kissing someone." 


"Oh, God," I muttered while massaging my temple. I can't believe Jisoo really said that. 


"No way!" Jennie half screamed. "She can't do that." 


"She did that." Jisoo corrected, shrugging.


"Guys, wait," I put my hands beside me. "Please, don't panic, okay?" 


Jennie's eyes are still widened, like she still cannot believe it. Jisoo on the other hand was leaning her back to  the door. 


"I saw it, Jen." I said in a monotone. "With my own eyes. I was frozen. I don't wanna believe it at first but it was really her... with Wendy." 


"What!?" Her voice raised. "Not with Wendy." 


"You know her?" I said. 


"Yes. No, I mean, I saw her a few times." Jennie said. 


I nodded. "So, now that know it already." I said, slowly excusing myself. "I'll better go." 


"Where are you going?" Jennie suddenly asked that made me paused on my position. 


"To my next class?" I said sarcastically. 


"Oh yeah, I'm sorry." Jennie added. 


That was my cue to open the door and leave the room. I heave a sigh when I was finally out. 


No more interrogations. No more questions. 


I decided to take the left hallway, which is very unusual for me because I only walk to this place when I'm with // Seulgi. //


I paused. 


I suddenly remember her. I shook my head to set things aside.


And walked again. 


Why would I always think about her when she's not even thinking about me that night when she's kissing a girl? 


I don't care how many messages she will send me. I don't care if she calls me day and night. 


I can use this excuse for us to break up. So, I can proceed to my initial plan to marry Siwon. 


So, we both have mistakes.


But why would I do that when I know it can only tear my heart? 


Marrying the person who has a desire to you doesn't even make sense! What is wrong with me!? I can say no to the proposal but why would I still do those things!? 


For your father. 


Yeah, right. For my father. 


For my father who always choose business over family. 


But I mean, it will be a sin not follow your parents' desire for you, right? I can be punish. And besides, it will be a great opportunity for me to help him change himself. 


"Joohyun," 


There is only one percent of chance that my father will change out of one hundred. But we can never underestimate the one because it can be very helpful sometimes. 


"Joohyun!" 


I paused when I suddenly heard someone calling my name. 


"Thank, God. You heard me." 


I inhaled deeply when I familiarized the voice. I decided to expand the gap between us and don't look back.


"Where are you going?" She said. 


I can feel that she's following me based on direction of her voice. But it seems like she's somewhat above me. I can hear her in my upper left ear much more. 


I didn't answer. 


"Hey, did I do something wrong?" 


No! Definitely no. You only just kissed a girl and there's nothing wrong with it. // I thought sarcastically. 


"Joohyun?" She muttered. I continued walking away from her but she seems following me. "What's the matter!?" She raised her voice. 


I stopped on my position and turned to face her, only to be surprised when I saw her at the top of the wall of the school's gate. 


"What are you doing there?" 


"There were students who followed me and I ended up here." She said. "Finally, I got your full attention." She muttered. In one swift move, she jumped from the wall and gracefully landed on the ground. "I texted you for like what, a thousand times? I called you billions of times and what? I got no reply from you. I don't know what happened to you. You're not contacting me for the past few days. Do I have a disease for you to avoid me? Did I do something wrong for you to cut all the ties between us? Because the last time I checked, we are definitely okay with each other. The last time I checked, you are girlfriend. What's the problem now?" 


"You are my problem!" I found myself shouted at her. 


Her eyes widened and was frozen in front of me.


I didn't plan to shout like that. She has a point. I must be the one to be blamed. But this might be the effect when the adrenaline rushed through your veins. I'm so stressed from all the things that are happening in my life.


Am I really the only one to be blamed? When she in the other hand also made a mistake by kissing Wendy? 


She laughed silently. "What did I do to be your problem?" She said silently. Looking at me directly to the eyes, searching for an answer to her question. 


"Nevermind." I muttered, excusing myself.


I wanted to tell her that I saw her kissing a girl the other night and use it as an excuse for a break up. 


But deep inside me needs the opposite. I want us to be okay. I wanted her to tell me why she kissed Wendy. 


Why is everything so complicated? 


"Stop," She stopped me by holding my arm. "You're not getting away unless we fix this." She said silently. "Now, tell me, Joohyun. Enlighten me about why are you acting like this?" She asked. 


I inhaled deeply. 


Am I really ready to let her go?" I asked myself. 


"This is suffocating!" She said annoying when I didn't answer her. "You are avoiding me for no reason. Maybe, there is but I don't have a single idea what is it." 


"Now you know the feeling." I muttered. 


Do I really have to do this? It will break me. 


The hold on my arm suddenly tighten. "What did I do?" She said. I can see the glitters of her tears in the sides of her eyes. 


I heave a sigh. I really have to do this as early as possible. I really have to cut anything between us now that I still can. 


"I want a break up." I said silently. I inhaled deeply, trying to stabilize my heart beat and speak again but this time, a bit stern. "I want a break up."


I suddenly felt my internal organs rumbled inside my body. I suddenly felt the trembling of my knees and anytime sooner, I will fall to the ground. Those were the hardest five words I said in my entire years of living. Little did I know, my heart was breaking with my own words. 


Her eyes widened and ajar. She suddenly loose the grip of her hold to my arms. 


"Is this some kind of a joke? This is really funny!" She said, still not convinced with it. Why would she believe it automatically when it's a lie in the first place. 


"No." I said in a monotone. I tried my best to stand firmly, speak firmly and react firmly so she won't doubt me. 


I have to break up with her. Final.


"Joohyun," 


"Is there anything else you wanted to say?" I said while glancing on my watch. "I have to go now. My next class will start in two minutes." 


"Wait," She hold my arm again. The way she hold it is like the way she's holding me to her life. "I need us to talk about this privately." 


"This is private." 


"I mean, with a coffee or tea or something." 


"I don't have much time for a coffee or tea or something." I said. "I have a class to attend." 


"Joohyun. Are you even serious?" She said. She brushed her face tiredly. 


"Yes, I am." I said. "I need to go. Bye." I left the place as fast as I can. 


"Joohyun, why?" She said but I decided to ignored it when I felt the urged to cry, the urged to hold someone or something for a support. "Joohyun?" 


That was the last thing I heard from her before I finally turned to another hallway. The tone she used was definitely the tone when she asked me about my trauma. That is when I realized that she is damn broken, serious, soft and caring.


What have I done? 


I opened the door to our class and immediately sit down to my table. I crossed my arms and dive my face above it.


"Joohyun? Are you okay?" I heard Jisoo walking closer to me. 


I found myself crying, sobbing. 


"Hey, what's up?" She asked while sitting beside me, to her usual place. She brushed her hand to my back to give me comfort. "It's okay." She whispered. 


"It's not okay." I shook my head. "What have I done, Jisoo? I hurt her." 


"What are you talking about?" 


I raised my head and looked at her. 


"I broke up with her."

 

********* 

 

*** Wendy *** 


I already packed my things before I leave the city. I decided to go back in Canada.


I will definitely miss this dorm for a while. Though, I live her for a short period of time, I still found the happiness I always looking for.


Seulgi. 


She's the only true happiness I ever had. Just watching her from afar can already gave me motivation for my daily activities. Since I was in 5th grade, the first time I saw her, I don't know what is with her but I always wanted her presence beside me.


She was sitting on the side of the road when I first saw her. We were having a family outing at that time. I was curious about how did she end up there. She was silent. I thought she was mute to be honest. But when I asked her if she's hungry, she didn't hesitate to dig in with the food that I brought for her while saying 'Thank you.' She must be very hungry.


Since then, we became friends and my family loves her so much too because of how clumsy yet cute she was. 


Since then, she live with me, with my family because my parents decided to adopt her. We shared the same room. My father bought her a single bed so she can sleep comfortably at night. 


One night, there was a very loud thunderstorm. I was so scared and terrified. I covered myself with sheets but suddenly, she wrapped me tightly into her warm arms. 


"It's okay. I'm here now." She whispered to my ears, which made my adrenaline gone in a few seconds. Her soft voice comforted me under the loud noise overhead us. 


I wrapped my arms around her too. She covered us with a big sheet while tapping my back to comfort me. So one day, we decided to stick our beds together because I was afraid of thunderstorms


That is when I started to fall in love with her. 


I know, I am so young to decide that to myself. But as time goes by, she became my knight and shining armour in my school. She always protected me from the bullies even to the guys I rejected but keep on following me. 


It was always been her even when she decided to left us, left me, because she chooses to become an underground fighter that my father introduced to her.


"Here's the key." I offered the key to my room to the owner of the dorm. 


"Oh, Wannie," She took it. "I will miss you so much." She said sweetly. 


"Me too." I said. 


"I'm sorry. You didn't get what you came here for." 


"Oh, no. It's okay." I smiled. 


"I'm sorry to say that she already had someone else." 


"Yeah," I shrugged. "Who would have thought that the fastest runner was too late to get what's her in the first place." I said. 


"Maybe God wanted to tell you that you deserved someone better." 


I snorts. "Maybe. Maybe not." 


She suddenly hold my arm. I reciprocated her actions immediately. "Visit me anytime you want. I will give you a discount." She said jokingly.


That made me laugh. "Thanks," 


"Bye, Wannie! See you when I see you!" She greeted after she escorted me outside to her dorm while helping me with my baggages.


"Me too!" I replied. 


I call a taxi from the other street. It turned around and drives towards my direction. I opened its backseat door to put my things but someone suddenly slammed it close and hold my arm to be pulled away from taxi hastily. 


"What the hell!?" I said annoyingly while forcefully following her. She was walking, we are walking away from the taxi.


"Sorry, Wandie." She smiled painfully.


She was holding my arm, while her other hand was holding my baggage. 


"What the hell are you doing?" I said. 


"Please, stay," She said. Her eyes were begging. "Please stay a little bit. I need your help." 


The tone she used telling me that tears will fall from her eyes any minute.


"What help? What happened to you?" I said.


She suddenly stop walking and I almost hit her because I almost didn't notice it. She turned her head to face. I was broken to see the tears from her eyes. She's definitely in pain. 


"We broke up," was all she could manage to say before she dive herself to me and embraced me, only to burst out crying. 


I came back here in Korea to get what's mine. But I stop chasing her when I knew she already had someone. 


But to see her like this, broke her as hell, which I also did five years ago, I knew I had to find the person who made her cry. I have to find the person and will give her a lecture about what she did. I can even take her back whatever it takes if it means for Seulgi to be truly happy, if it means for Seulgi to not be broken again. 


*********

AUTHOR'S NOTE: 
Here's my question:
What did Seulgi use in breaking Sulli's hand?


Anyways, leave a comment about your thoughts to this chapter :) Thanks guys! Love you a lot!