TEEN AGE 25 - THE HONORABLE

SR. 002 - TEEN AGE

*** Irene ***

 

"Just park in that side, please." I said to the taxi driver. "Here. Keep the change." I didn't wait for his response when I already get out from the cab. I am lowkey excited. 


I am still here, standing outside the venue, but I can already hear the cheers from the audience. The drums, the voices and more. 


I fished out my phone from my pocket and called her immediately. 


"You're late!" Jisoo needed to shout from the other line because of the cheers of the people in the background. "Where are you?"


"I'm already at the entrance." 


"Wait for me there! I will fetch you!" Jisoo said. 


Call me crazy, but when Jisoo said the word 'fetch,' I suddenly remember Seulgi. She doesn't have an idea that I'm attending her competition tonight. I lied to her. I have to.


I panicked last night when she asked me what's the problem. I can't say to her that I will marry Siwon because my father wanted me to do it, she will break. I will break too. So, as much as I wanted to tell her directly, I can't. Instead, I will have to make a story for her to hate me so she will break up with me so I can marry Siwon afterwards. Easy peasy, right? 


Is that really easy? 


"Irene!" 


I turned to face the person who called me. 


"Come on!" She signaled me to come closer to her. "The show is about to start." Jisoo said. 


"Am I too late to watch it?" I said. 


She made a face. "Yeah, but not really. They just introduced the competitors for this year yet." She said while opening the entrance door. She signal me to enter the building first. The cheers became louder and louder as we get closer to the arena. "Do you know where's Seulgi? She's not there yet." 


"Really?" I said with eyes widened. Where the hell is she then?


"Yeah," She said. "But I already saw Wendy there. I think she's waiting for her." 


"Wendy? Who's Wendy?" 


"You don't know her?" 


I shook my head. 


"Here!" She half screamed for me to able to hear her despite of the loudness of the cheers while pointing to the lane of chairs where we will sit. 


Sooyoung's wide smile, Rosé dimples and Jennie's annoyed face greeted me when I reached the spot.


"You're late," Jennie said in a monotone while crossing her arms in front of her. 


"Sorry," I smiled. "And you are?" I just discovered that we have another guest tonight. Her face was familiar but I cannot remember her. 


"Lisa?" She offered her hand. 


I reached it and shake it. "Oh! How are you now?" I said. 


"Still recovering!" She smiled widely while pointing to her injury.


"Good to hear that." I smiled to her too but Jennie suddenly covered the view to Lisa using her face. 


"You're late!" She said, sounded annoyed. 


"Sorry," I smiled partly. "Traffic." I shrugged.


She rolled her eyes. "Traffic." She muttered.


"Hey guys," Jisoo suddenly interrupted us. "Can you call Seulgi? She's the only one who is not in the stage yet." Jisoo informed. 


I was ready to give her a call when I suddenly remember that she doesn't have an idea that I'm here. I wanted to surprise her. I gave Jennie a look, trying to tell her to call Seulgi between the lines. 


"And why are you looking at me like that?" She raised a brow for inquiry. "I'm not her girlfriend." 


I sighed. "Girlfriend or not, you just have to call her." I said. 


"Hello? You also have a phone." 


"Hello? She doesn't know I'm here." I mimicked. "I wanted to surprised her."


"Why is everybody always beg at me these days?" 


"What do you mean?" 


"Nothing," She already punching the numbers on her phone when the cheers inside the arena became louder. I swear, I will have an ear damaged after tonight. 


Almost everybody stood from their chairs and shouting their lungs out while looking at the stage. There must be someone popular who just entered the stage. 


I tuned to face the stage, in front of us, because curiousity hits me, only to see the person who Jisoo keep asking, the person who Jennie was supposed to call, the person I wanted to surprise. Her face was full of makeup but she's recognizable, her hair was ironed straight, and not to mention her outfit, which make her stunning tonight. She's wearing a black leather jacket. Under it was a white plain tshirt that was tucked in to her black skinny jeans and was paired with black shoes.


But the black cap she's wearing caught my attention. There is something written on it but I cannot read it because she's quite too far. 


No doubt people stood from their seats just to look at her. She very charismatic tonight. She has an aura. She got the people's attention. Everybody got starstruck.


"There she is!" Jisoo cheerfully said. 


Suddenly, the crowd's cheering echoed around the arena, they shouted the name 'Kang Seulgi.' 


"Wow," Sooyoung spoke. "My oppa is famous!" She joked while travelling her gaze around the arena with mouth ajar.


"Our oppa!" Rosé chimed in. 


Seulgi's eyes widened when she finally realized that her name was cheered by people inside the arena. She smiled shyly, and turned to face the big vcr in her back, only to be surprised when she saw her face. She suddenly laughed while covering her opened mouth using her hands after she saw her face was focused on the camera. 


Oh, I love that smile of her.


She shook her hands in front of her to tell the people to stop cheering. The camera was suddenly focused to another contestant and the cheers suddenly minimized. 


"Did you see it!?" I almost jumped from my position when Jisoo shouted and elbowed me.


"Saw what?" 


"Seulgi's cap!" She said cheerfully, like she's very excited to share it to us. 


"I missed it! I was looking at her face." Sooyoung excused. 


"Me too!" Rosé and Jennie said in unison. 


"Jesus!" Jisoo sounded disappointed. 


"What was it?" I asked. "I mean, what was written on her cap?" 


"I love Bae Joohyun."


I froze after I heard it. 


"She just lowkey announced her feelings for you. Oh my gosh, Irene!" Jisoo was keep punching my shoulder. 


"Shut up," I said. I cannot deny if someone will tell me that I'm blushing because I can even feel the heat to my cheeks. 


Jisoo is making a face that tells me she's in a romantic excitement. 


I don't know if Jisoo was telling the truth but it made my heart rate quickened. I lowkey wanted to ask the cameraman to focus Seulgi again so I can see it with my own eyes. 


Suddenly, a girl ran towards Seulgi's direction and whispered something to her ear. Seulgi nodded a lot of time and even showed the girl her brightest smile. The girl smiled at her too and ran to the backstage again. 


Who was that?


"That's Wendy," Jisoo said like she know what's on my mind. "She's Seulgi's ex girlfriend." She turned to face me. "Well, that's what I know of." 


Honestly, I admit I am a bit hurt from what I saw but I'm still praying that our school will win tonight's competition. 


The show started after a few minutes and the cheers were banging inside the arena. 


Our school will perform next after the current performers. I swear to God. I can hear my heart beats. I'm nervous even if I am not the one who's going to perform. 


"I bet they're nervous now." Lisa suddenly spoke like she read what's on my mind. Jennie was out with Jisoo to buy us some chips and drinks. Lisa and I were one chair apart. 


"Indeed." I said. 


She smiled. "You know Irene, I somehow didn't regret to do the stunt that broke my ankle." 


My eyes widened because of Lisa's confession. "Do you even hear what you're saying?" I said. 


She nodded happily. "You brought the best dancer in the city." She said. "To be very honest with you, she was one of my inspiration why I proceed dancing though my parents were against it. She pursue her dreams even the world was against it. She motivated me. So, I'm thankful to you." She smiled. She is so happy and you can see that to her face. 


I was about to reply when Jennie suddenly rushed to the seat between us because our school is about to perform. 


"You weren't kissing when I'm gone, right?" Jennie said jokingly. 


"Shut up," Lisa knocked Jennie's head using her fist.


"It's starting!!" Jisoo excitedly announced when an exciting music chimed in. 


Our dancers slowly filling the stage, and when Seulgi finally stepped out, the noise suddenly increases to the highest point. What can you expect from a famous dancer? 


The girl in my front suddenly starting sobbing and her friend helped her to relax. 


"Is this really real?" The girl who cried said. 


"Yeah, you're seeing her now." Her friend replied. She brushed her hand to the back of her friend. "Don't cry. I didn't gift this for you to cry." 


The girl who cried suddenly hugged her friend. "Thank you for treating me! I finally saw Seulgi up close!" She said cheerfully.


I was left in awe. Seulgi can even give these kind of effect to the people without her knowledge. She is really something. 


But I took her for granted. 


The music starts and the crowd minimized their voices as the stunts of our team was so synchronized and was delivered beyond our imagination. 


They form in a single line and after a second, they separated like a zipper and Seulgi was having a catwalk in the center. The cheers began again, only to be stopped when Seulgi dance her routine. I can see her arm muscles even if I am quite far from the stage. She must really prepared a lot for this day. 


The outro of their dance made everybody's mouth ajar inside the arena. Seulgi's last stunt, which was a tumbling, was delivered so well. That was the sign that their performance just ended. 


They paused for another 5 seconds before bowing their heads together, hands held together and smiles widened to each in everyone's mouth.


Seulgi, who keeps bowing her head, breathing hard after she put an amazing dance. Indeed, this wasn't her first dance performance in front of the huge crowd. 


The cheers became louder compared earlier. 


There was something in Seulgi's white t-shirt that suddenly caught my attention. I stood from my chair abruptly when I finally realized what was it, only to be pulled by Jennie hastily. 


"Where are you going?" She asked seriously. Her face was serious too. 


"To Seulgi."


"Sit down, Irene." She demanded. "Sit down." 


"No, Jennie. I can't. I have to go to her." I said, sounded a little annoyed. 


"No, you can't. Not with these crowd." Jennie said. Her eyes were pleading. 


"D-did you see it too?" I asked. But she didn't answer or nod. She remained silent while holding my arm. 


"I have to go to her, Jennie. Please," I begged. 


Lisa turned her head to us when she felt something is wrong with us. 


"I'm pretty sure Wendy will handle everything." Jennie said, almost a whisper.


I shook my head. "I don't know who is Wendy but I don't care what she can do to Seulgi. I need to see her."


Seulgi and her team slowly walking back to the backstage because another contestants will perform. I stared at her, to her who is beaming from ear to ear like she's doesn't feel any pain. 


What happened to your stomach, Seulgi? 


She was gone out of my sight. The lights were off, indicating the next performer will begin sooner. 


I'm pretty sure that I saw a blood on Seulgi's t-shirt. It might not be obvious in the eye but I always trust my instinct, they are always right.


I pulled my arm from Jennie's grip but she isn't letting it loose. "Jennie, please. I don't want to kneel in front of this crowd just to beg you. But if it means for you to let go of my hand," I suddenly kneel in front of her. "I will do it." 


She lift me up from the ground. "Okay, okay okay." 


"Please, Jen. I'm worried." 


"She will get mad at me now," She whispered. 


I frowned. "What do you mean?" 


"Nothing." She said. "Wait until they start." She pointed the people on the stage. I nodded. 


And as she promised, she let go of my arm when the next school performs. 


"Thanks, Jen." I smiled. 


She snorts and motioned me to proceed. 


I immediately left the crowd to ran towards the backstage where could I meet Seulgi. But when I got there, there was no Seulgi inside. I saw Franco at the corner so I asked him. 


"She just left." He said. 


"Thanks, bye!" I answered. I was about to leave the place when he added something that hurt me. 


"She was with someone but I'm not familiar with her." He added. 


I paused. I can't imagined Seulgi with someone else. But maybe deep inside, it was myself that I cannot imagine without her. 


I shook my head, trying to set the things aside. Maybe she's just with a friend. 


"No idea where did they go?" I asked Franco. 


"No idea," he shrugged. 


"Okay," I tapped his back. "Thanks Franco!" I left the backstage and continued searching for Seulgi. I fished out my phone from my pocket to call her but she's---


"Out of coverage!?" I said in disbelief. I called her number once more, only to hear another 'The number you dial is out of coverage.' 


"Where are you?" I whispered to myself.


There was a slightly opened door not far from me, that caught my attention. The room was so bright and its like it's calling me. I filled the gap between me and the room and when I got there, I hold the doorknob and pushed it slowly, gently trying not to make a sound. I opened it wide, only to be froze on my position because of what I'm seeing right now.


Seulgi is kissing a girl.


She must be Wendy. 

 


*********

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
I got pressured guys! Lol! Here's the update. Please leave a comment about your thoughts for this chapter. Thanks!

GOOD FRIDAY!

 

Ps. I almost forgot to tell you that in the next chapter, I'm going to ask some question and the first person to give me the correct answer will receive one advance chapter from this story and can ask me one question JUST ABOUT THE STORY! Eg. Will Seulgi kill Irene in the end? Sounds pretty lame but who knows!

I will answer any question related to this story! Lol! 

Sorry, I just want to make my summer a bit meaningful! Thanks for reading guys!