TEEN AGE 01 - INJURED

SR. 002 - TEEN AGE

The gym was so crowded when I got inside. I pushed myself farther and farther to the crowd, not thinking about who I bumped into. There is more important thing to do than that. There is more important thing to think about that than. Someone got injured and she needs our help as soon as possible. And that is why I getting myself sandwich with people to give help as fast as we can. 

 

"Excuse me." I half-said half-screamed. 

 

As one of the Red Cross trained students, I am capable assisting the doctor in times like this. 

 

"Excuse me!"

 

The students and visitors still frozen on their positions and acted like they didn't hear me. So, I need to pushed them hard to make way. I brought our school doctor with to give the girl a first-aid and it give a proper command of what we should do. But how can we help if we are still here. Stuck in middle of the crowd. 

 

"We need to get through!" I screamed with all might.

 

"Please, make a way for us! We need to help her as soon as possible!" The doctor didn't take the anger inside her anymore. Unfortunately, we still failed in making through. 

 

There was a dance competition held in our school and there are a lot of students from colleges and universities watch it today. The population is uncountable and the heat inside the gym is unbearable. 

 

"I think we walk on the wrong path, Doc." I said hopelessly. "They don't want us to get through." 

 

"I think so too." The doctor said. 

 

We are stuck. The students don't move and keep on looking to the girl who fall from the stunt they made earlier. The only thing that made me certain that we were taking the right path is Krystal's head. That's the only guide I had. I'm short and I can't really see what's happening there now.

 

"Hey, ignorants!" A mysterious voice behind us suddenly shouted. The doctor and I looked back almost at the same time to see who's the brave person dared to shout like that. "Make way or I'll throw these soda cans in your faces!" She said with an empty expression on her face, carrying a bag of soda cans. She walked through between me and Doctor Yoon. Her monolid eyes that are glaring to the students who are slowly taking steps backwards now. I can barely see the way to Krystal, who's holding the girl now. "You choose." She sounded serious. 

 

Some students start murmuring to spread some issues but the girl in front of me didn't seem to care. When the path to Krystal and the injured student was clear, she spoke, "Go and help that student." She said in a monotone. 

 

"Thanks," was all I said and I run ahead of me immediately. 

 

"Thank you." The doctor tapped her back and followed me after. 

 

I kneed in front of the injured student and put the first aid kit beside me. "What happened?" I asked. 

 

"I think her ankle is broken." Krystal automatically answered me. "Her gang throw her to make a stunt but she failed to make a tumbling." 

 

The doctor checked her vitals and slowly tapping her calves. "We need to carry her." The doctor commanded us. "We need to bring her to the clinic so I can properly perform the first aid, Irene."

 

I nodded from the doctor's request. "Krystal, help me out." I said. She didn't hesitate and automatically hold the girl's shoulders while I hold the girl's feet. Doctor Yoon put the stretcher beside the girl. "On the count of three. 1... 2... 3!" Krystal and I carried the girl and immediately put her on the stretcher. 

 

"Where are the boys, Irene?" Krystal asked.

 

"They're coming," I said.

 

"What took them so---"

 

Krystal didn't finish her sentence when the red cross boys suddenly shouted. "We're here!" 

 

"No need for explanations. Bring her to the clinic now." Doctor Yoon commanded and started leaving the gym. 

 

"Yes, Doc!" All the boys said in unison. They slowly carry the stretcher and followed Doctor Yoon to the clinic. The students didn't leave their spot from earlier and that gave them enough space to get through. 

 

"Thank goodness." Krystal suddenly said. I looked around me to find someone. "I felt scared for a minute when I was with her. I think she's in a serious situation, Irene." She sighed while putting her hand on her chest. I keep looking around but I can't still find her even the crowd is fading. "Who are you looking for?" She said.

 

"I can't make it here if not because of her." I said. 

 

"Who?"

 

"I don't know her name." 

 

"What did she do?" 

 

I shook my head to set things aside. "Nothing. I just wanna say thank you." 

 

"Okay." She nodded. "I'm hungry, Irene. Do you want to have a lunch with me?" 

 

"I'm hungry too." I said. "I didn't eat my breakfast." 

 

"Let's go!" She grabbed my arm and we both walk outside the gym.

 

I wanted to see that brave girl once more to say thank you. If she didn't do that, I'm pretty sure me and Doctor Yoon are still stuck in the middle of the crowd right now. She's unbelievably amazing. I wanna meet her again.