Heart on sleeves (Baek Ho)

Nu'est One Shot

CONCEPT: ANGST & FLUFF

Related image

Opening the door to his tattoo shop, he got in and sat in his studio. The clock hanging on the wall above him, stated 10 pasts 2 in the morning. While he sat there working up on a new sketch. The wall infront of him was filled with sketch. Each sketch that was already inked on his skin. From the left side of his neck down to his left arm. Sketch of different patterns was spread across his left arm, as if it was a canvas. Each tattoo, each sketch, represents a part of you to him. A part of you, a part of your memory to him, he wants to keep with him. Each sketch tells it’s own story and he could name everyone of them. Like the cherry blossom petals inked on his skin, which was when both of you first meet.

-

It was mid of the semester, 2 years back, when you got transferred here. You are standing infront of the class introducing yourself. When someone caught your eye. In the back of the class room, near the window. Through his white t-shirt, you could see 2 tattoos on each of his chest, from the reflection of sunlight. Shifting your gaze, you notice another tiger tattoo on his left arm and another under his arm. He was looking out of the window. Looking at all the cherry blossom petals falling off the trees. As if feeling like someone was watching him. He turned back, to the front of the classroom. Eyes meeting yours.

-

His yin and yang tattoo. That clearly represents the differences between both of you. He was quiet and reserve. Doesn’t express much and doesn’t like to get along with anyone. And he doesn’t care how others see him. While you, you’re sociable. You like to make friends and feel the need to explain yourself to people. Being afraid of being misunderstood. You’re someone whom everyone describes as bubbly and free spirit. That’s why both of you click. He was like your stone, the one keeping you in check and rooted. The one constantly telling you that it was okay to not pleased everyone. And to out yourself first. While you’re like his bird. Guiding him to express himselves and guiding him to meet new people. Constantly getting him out of his comfort zone. Showing him how the whole out there is not as bad as it seems.

But that doesn’t mean everything is great. Because he was here, done sketching a phoenix and preparing to add it to his addition on his left sleeves. At 3 am in the morning. After having a huge fight with you. As the buzzing of the equipment comes to life. He focuses on inking the new sketch he had come up with.

As the buzzing came to a stop, an hour later, he analysed his fresh tattoo. Happy with how it turned out and how detailed it was. It was than he realised the sound of rain drops pouring outside.  Wandering if you’re asleep yet. Even thought, both of you had fought badly, before he came here. His thoughts were answered by the sound of a bell. Coming from the entrance of his shop. Standing infront of him was you, soaked from head to toe. Eyes was red and slightly puffy. Biting down on your lower lips preventing them from clenching. Due to being cold. It was not unseen by him. As he walks pass you locking the entrance, pulling you with him to his office. Opening his drawer to pull out his hoodie and sweat pants for you. Putting it on your hand and walking out of his office. Closing the door on the way as he left to his studio, just beside.

He cleans up all his equipment’s and wrap his new tattoo up nicely. After a while, you walked in to his studio. Both of you standing there not speaking. Just looking at each other. Until you broke it.

 

Y/N: You know… I hate myself so much. Because I was thinking how much I care about you. So much that, even when it’s pouring, I came all the way here to look for you.

 

Looking at you, he didn’t know what to say, as always. Whenever it comes to you, he really didn’t know how to express himself. He didn’t know to tell you or speak to you. Especially when he was stressed out and angry. He was never one whom was patient, but hot headed. And when it comes to you, he doesn’t know how to control his anger or how to comfort you. Looking at you as you speak, tears threatening to come out. He was once again lost for words. He wants to reach out to you and hug you. But he wasn’t one whom was affectionate.

 

Y/N: I really don’t know what to say anymore. I know you’re not affectionate and expressive. But I just don’t know what is going on in your head anymore. I don’t know how you feel anymore. Especially about me. And I’m sick and tried of fighting with you.

 

His eyes widen. Heart rate accelerate. He stops breathing. The atmosphere in the room was tenses. As anxiety was kicking in for him. He ed up. He knew it. God. What is he supposed to say to you? What was the right word was he supposed to say? He really doesn’t know anymore. But he knows at least he should say something. It’s better than nothing right?

 

Baek Ho: Y/N…

Y/N: I’m really tired. I don’t know anymore… Fighting and arguing with you was okay. Especially when I know at least I have something to fight for. At least I know you love me like I love you. But these days….. I don’t even know what I’m fighting for anymore.

 

You chocked on the last words. As tears started to fall.

 

Y/N: It’s like, I was okay with your cold glaze and voice. But these days, I don’t know if it was me or you look at me and talk to me colder than usual. And when I look in to your eyes, I can’t see or read anything anymore. As if we’re like strangers. Like I’m just another person you know, and I don’t see anything when you look at me anymore. I know I’m not the type to be able to read these signs. But these signs are what you express yourself to me, how I understand you. Or what you used to express yourself. I put up with it because I don’t want to lose you Dong Ho. But I really need to know if there is even anything for me to fight for anymore.

 

You broke down. It was the last straw of you holding back your emotion. Every last bit of what you had held back and accumulate recently. Shoulders shaking, eyes shut. He looked at you with wide eyes. He wanted to beat himself up for causing you so much pain. He needs to say something before he loses you. And for one, he listened to that thought of his. Broke out of his comfort zone. Stepping closer to you. He called your name. Repeating it again as it rolled of his tongue.

 

Baek Ho: Y/N… Hey… Look at me.

 

He places his hand on either side of your cheeks. Tilt your head up to meet his eyes. Leaving you no choice as a tear runs down your cheeks. He wipes your tears away gently with his thumb. As if scared he would shatter you. His warm hands on your cold face, felt comforting. Warming you up. You’re stomach flutters, and you hate the effect he has on you.

 

Baek Ho: I’m sorry. I know I’m the worst at expressing myself. You know I don’t know how to talk. Words just gets somehow stuck in my throats, especially when it comes to you. And I don’t know what is right to say. Sometimes, I don’t even know why I let my anger get past me. It’s just like my natural respond. And especially when it comes to you… I still get nervous around you. To even be in my right mind.

Y/N: You always say that…

Beak Ho: Because it’s true. I never know what to say around you. Especially when we disagree on something. I just slur out anything because I can’t think and I’m not in my right mind around you. I know it’s not an excuse. And I’m sorry. I’m so ing bad at expressing myself. And it took almost losing you to realize something.

Y/N: What?

Baek Ho: I ing love you. I love you so ing much.

 

Your heart jumps to your throat. His voice was deep and barely over a whisper, but you caught it. Sending butteries in your stomach fluttering around.

 

Baek Ho: I love you so so much.  I’m stupid. And I can’t bear to lose you. Especially not because of my inability to speak. Please don’t leave me….

 

His voice softens, as you hear his voice at it’s rawest form. As he whispers his last words.

 

Baek Ho: Please.

 

You didn’t know what to say. You’re confuse of how things turn out. But you didn’t know how it would turn out before you came here. You’re not prepared to see him in this form. Shoulder curling in as if he was so small and fragile. You took a step close to him. Sliding your hands in his. Interlocking your finger with each other. You tip your toes up placing a kiss on his forehead. You felt his shoulder relax, his other hand curl around your waist. Pulling you on to his chest. As buried his face in to your hair, taking in your scent. He felt himself loosen up having you close to him. And whisper a ‘Thank god’ into your hair. As he was so overwhelmed and grateful. Followed by ‘You’re my everything angel.’

Breaking the hug after what seems like forever, you finally feel the emptiness you had when you came here was filled up by him. Feeling relived that he opened up to you. You glace down from his eyes to his neck and down his arms.

 

Y/N: You got a new tattoo?

Baek Ho: Yup.

Y/N: I never asked you but what does all of your tattoos mean?

Baek Ho: You.

 

Looking up at him, you’re shocked. But you came to realise something. When you first met him, he only has 4 tattoos, but now he has a whole arm of tattoos. That’s just means that every single one of his tattoos represent you. He saw the look at your face. He chuckled. Pulling you in to his office again, he settles both of you on his couch. Lying down, as he pulls you close to his chest.

 

Baek Ho: Let’s just sleep here tonight. It’s not like the rain is going to stop anytime soon.

 

He then begins to explain each and every tattoo on his arm. Telling you each meaning and what memories it has to it all night. As your heart starts to swell with love. Because you never knew about this. How much he loves you and how important you are to him. This guy practically wears his heart on his sleeves. Literally. Both of you lie there, him explaining while you listening to him talk. For once it was the other way around. Until both of you had fall asleep in each other arms. With your bodies warmer and hearts fuller.