Soccer

Nu'est One Shot

4f5341c816ccb9c1569792cac0e8019a0c0a0614.jpg

 

“You’re best friend with Jong Hyun right?”

As you heard a sweet sicking voice beside you, you try to control your expression. It’s always like this. People come and talk to you or approach you, just because your best friend is the “Kim Jong Hyun”. They refer to you as his best friend. Yet you knew none of them actually know your name. You’re only known as the Jong Hyun’s best friend and nothing more. They don’t even bother being polite to you at all. Or at least have a decency to say a greeting first. Just straight up ‘You’re his best friend right?’. It’s always like this. And it’s getting out of hand. Like really, they approach you just to get information from you about your best friend. Why can’t they just straight up ask him themselves if they are so interested. Looking up from your laptop. Trying to stretch your lip into a force smile from being distracted from your laptop. Looking at the girl currently infront of you. All doll up in ruffles and curls, fluttering her eye lids at you.

 

Y/N: Yes?

“What kind of girl does he like?”

Y/N: Eh… he doesn’t really have a preference.

“I see. You’re not together with him or anything right?”

Y/N: No. We’re not.

“He’s not your type?”

Y/N: Hmm… you could say that..

“Ah… you like bad boy type then.”

Y/N: Excuse me?

“Well, Jong Hyun is practically a jock. If it’s not obvious enough that he is in the soccer team and in a fraternity. If you’re not into jocks, which are sporty, handsome and outgoing. I just assume your type would be bad boys instead, you know. Dark, mysterious, cool and quiet.”

Y/N: I guess…?

“Well, that makes sense. No wonder you and Jong Hyun never dated. Well, thank you for answering my questions. I got to go!”

 

Well… that was weird. But no… that not exactly why you and him, hasn’t dated at all. And putting your best friend in the jock characteristic is a stereo type. Yes, he’s in fact in a soccer team and a fraternity. That doesn’t mean he enjoys partying and being all competitive in the sport he plays. The Jong Hyun that everyone sees, the friendly and popular guy is in fact a nerd or a weeb to you. The Jong Hyun you know prefers staying in, playing counter strike or overwatch till the sun rise. Prefers staying up and forcing you to watch his anime and play games with him. He practically a sport’s trash in the anime department. Crying over Haikyuu because of how touching their teamwork and sprit is. No offence, you could never understand him. But both of you respect each other differences. Just like how he would listen to you talk about the different genres of dance. Forcing him to watch ‘Step up’ with you and pulling him out of his dorm to get some needed vitamin D to a newfound café you want to go. Yes, both of you are practically different. He’s a weeb, you’re a food and dance enthusiast. But both of you just work perfectly well together. You guess being forced to be in the same group and talk to each other during orientation wasn’t that bad after all. You found someone that you could get along with very well. You guess…

You’re not so sure about it anymore actually. Because you feel like you have actually shifted the friendship a little. From how both of you are acting for the past few months. You shouldn’t have said anything. You shouldn’t have listen to Jong Hyun’s dorm mate. JB. You have been to their dorm countless time, you could even call their dorm your third home apart from your dorm and your actual parent’s house. He knows everything that Jong Hyun doesn’t. He was the first and only one who knows about your sudden feelings with your bestfriend. He’s the one who notices it and confront you about it. He was the one who push you to confess your feelings for your best friend. He was the one who saw the after mess of how it went down just a few months ago. He was the one who comfort you and stay by your side when everything when down.

 

-

*That night few months ago*

 

Shifting nervously on your where you have seated. In your best friend’s dorm, seated infront of the Tv where he has his Haikyuu on. You’re not even watching or paying any attention to it. Because his dormmate words repeated in your head. “Any can tell that both of have feelings for each other. You shouldn’t be nervous about telling him you like him.” Oh, how you regretted the words that came out from your mouth then. How you wish you could take it all back.

 

Y/N: I like you…

 

Eyes wide as he turned to you, the shock on his face burns in your memory. Then a confuse one to a pity one. You hate it. You hate the look in his eyes. You hate the way he looks at you. Because you knew then, you’re the same as all the girls that has confess to him before. Those that he didn’t even bother rejecting them. Those that he gives this look to, so he didn’t actually have to say anything to reject them. Because just by giving this look to them, his message was sent to them loud and clear. He didn’t even bother acknowledging their feelings or even bother to at least say something to them. Just like what he was doing to you. It was then you realised, you’re just like any other girls to him. You were never important enough to him to even bother telling you that he is sorry and that he doesn’t feel the same way. Best friend or not, he doesn’t seem that it is that important to acknowledge your feelings towards him. Holding back whatever realisation you had, you force out a smile.

 

Y/N: Message loud and clear.

 

Getting yourself up and turning away, you walked out of the dorm without looking back. Just like how he didn’t come running out and chase you. Just like how he didn’t bother to check on you the next few days or even until now. Just like how he pushes you away, like every other girl he did that to. You were never that different from them, even when you’re his best friend. You’re never worthy enough of a rejection out of his mouth. You’re never that different anyway, to him.

 

 -

 

It’s not like you to ignore your phone. It more unlikely that you haven been to their dorm in a few days. Jong Hyun’s spacing out behaviour was the cheery on top. And that’s how JB found you in your dorm. Under a mountain of blankets when it’s like 30 degrees outside. Watching trashy movies while eating take out. He sat with you through all the movies you’re watching. Saw you cry when it’s a comedy movie. Saw you laugh when it’s a horror one. And saw you cruising out while watching frozen. He was definitely having second doubts of being here. But as the next day arrived, where you have a clearer head space. You told him that you’re just going through it. You will be fine soon.

The first week was what you expected. People that knows you, comment on the lack of best friend that was joint to your hip. You just pass it off as both of you are taking time off each other. Explaining to girls that are interested in his ware bound was harder. How do you actually tell them kindly that, you do not have a GPS on him. Please get lost, I don’t want to hear his name ever again, nicely. You guess avoiding him was the easiest per say. You know his schedule, you know his favourite spots on campus. All you had to do was to avoid all these areas. Take a longer rout to class and back to dorm. To say you hadn’t really seen him meant he was avoiding you as well. You’re definitely not hurt by the thought of it. It’s okay. You’re still going through it. It will get better soon.

Well it was weird at first, not having someone by your side. But you guess having time to yourself is healthy. No one that would steal your food. No one that would force you to watch anime. No one to force you to play games with him. No one you would have to entertain and entertain you back. It’s okay. It will get better soon. At least you got to try the new recipe you have been intending to do all month. Fresh batch of cookie yet no one to share it with. You end up giving to JB as and apology gift for enduring your phase. You don’t know if he had given to “who shall not be name”. But you don’t want to think about it. It’s still too soon.

You guess you’re finally getting over it after the mark of a month. Because you’re using your time so wisely and productively. Finishing all your assignment early, finding new spots on campus where you could chill at. Discovering more hidden spots nearby campus. It was all going well until you heard rumours going around about “who shall not be name” is going on dates with girls. You’re not hurt, it shouldn’t hurt you. Because you are over it. Guys like him shall just perish, he is dead to you anyway. You fine, you don’t feel anything. 

-

As the second month come in, your heart is pounding in your chest as you are walking into the dorm that you haven been to in a month. But you’re assured that “who shall not be name” will not be in. Because he is out with his girl of the week. It wasn’t supposed to hurt you at all when you hear it. But you guess at least you know you’re trying to get over him. It’s okay, at least you’re starting somewhere. By coming to the most feared place, a place that holds the most memories. You just have to get used to it and it will hurt less in time. That’s why JB forced you to come instead of going over to yours like usual. As the movie is playing on the living room TV and a blanket placed over you with a popcorn bowl in your hand. Only then your heart starts to calm down. Honesty, this feel nice. Having someone there for the past month, helping you go through everything. At least you know you’re not alone, after losing your only friend that was your best friend. At least you know now that, you have someone you could rely on.

It was nice, having conversation while discussing about the movie. Until you hear the doorknob opened and in comes “who shall not be name” and his girl of the week. Clearly, he was shocked to see you, as a similar expression plaster on your face. Trying not to show the hurt you feel in your heart. Not only because of the girl behind him, but also from the reminder of losing your best friend and how long have you not seen him. Getting up immediately, you told JB that you’ll be getting your bag from his room. Since it late and all, you should really head back to your dorm. Stepping out of his room, to your surprise you’re met with the girl that “who shall not be name” brought back. Blocking the door of the room, giving you a cold stare.

Y/N: Can I help you?

“You don’t give up do you.”

Y/N: What?

“It’s so obvious that you’re so desperately in love with him. Even when you know he doesn’t even spare you a glance.”

Y/N: Do I know you?

“Oh, you’re going to. Because I’ll be his girlfriend. While you’ll always just be his friend.”

Jong Hyun: Hey.. What’s going on here?

“Jong… your friend… she told me to stay away from you… I don’t even do anything. I was just trying to go to the washroom”

 

Wow… you have never seen someone so quick to change their expression. Staring at the girl clinging on to your ex-best friend. You stood there dumbfounded, trying to comprehend the situation.

 

Jong Hyun: Y/N…. why would you? I know you like me. But this isn’t…., you have no rights to do this!

Y/N: Wow… just wow…

Jong Hyun: You’re laughing right now?

Y/N: Yes… Because you know what?

Jong Hyun: What?

Y/N: I can’t believe that you would even believe what she is saying. I can’t believe that you would even actually believe that I would do that. Yes, I do like you. But that before that, I was your best friend. I have known you for the past year. You know me better than someone you have met just recently. Yet, you would actually believe that I would act like that? You would actually believe someone you met recently, compared to someone you know for the past year. I was sad to lose you as a friend like you, someone I trust. But you really proven me wrong. Because I know now, how you deem me as. You never have even treated me as your friend. Because as your friend, you would have rejected me fully. And not some half pity smile I got. As if I am every other girl that you met. If you treated me as a friend, you would have asked me if I was alright, the past month. If I was your friend, you wouldn’t have believed what she said and even thought I would do something like that. I was wrong. I didn’t lose a friend. I lost someone I thought was my friend.

Jong Hyun: Y/N…

Y/N: I’m ing hurt because I really thought above everything else. I would be your friend first, no matter what. I’m just stupid to assume.

Jong Hyun: It’s not like that..

JB: Haven you done enough?

Jong Hyun: JB.. I’m talking to her. It has nothing to do with you.

JB: Really? Because she’s my friend. You were supposed to be too. Until you threw all of that away.

Jong Hyun: She’s my friend! Do you even know that when she was seven, she broke her pinkie after falling down the tree? Or that when she was twelve, she ran away from home? You might have thought that the last month have bonded two of you together. But no one knows her as well as I do!

JB: Really? Then why did you even jump on her about what your girlfriend have said?

Jong Hyun: I wasn’t thinking clearly!

JB: Jong Hyun, I don’t care that you have known her for a year or ten. Because did you know that when she is stress, she would have nightmare. Did you know that she really enjoys baking, even when she hates to eat sweets? Did you know that she find joy being alone by watching sunset? You could recite her past like a biography, but you would not be able to come up with a title. Because you know what happen to her. And not what who she is. If you have known, the thought of jumping on her wouldn’t even cross your mind. Y/N, it’s getting late. Let’s go back to yours.

 

Looking at your ex-best friend for the last time. The guilty stricken face of his, tears pooling at his eyes. You force yourself to turn away from it. Because you know, you’re not the one he needs. You need to walk away because that will be fair for you. You shouldn’t run up to him and console him, even when your whole heart wants to. You need to love yourself and treat yourself right. You need to know that, by doing that, you wouldn’t make yourself a fool. There’s a line of loving someone and letting someone step all over you however they want. You shouldn’t give anyone the power or chance to even do that to you. So, you walked out of the door without giving a second glance back at all.

 

-

 

As a week pass by after the whole incident. What you did expect was hearing about the girls in your lecture talking about your ex-best friend. You hear a glimpse of them saying that he had broken up with the girl he was with yet again. Shaking your head, trying to get the though out of your head. You mentally scold yourself for even giving a thought about him. But as you went to the washroom in the midday before your next lecture. You hear a few girls in the cubicle having a conversation about, yet again your ex-best friend. Talking about how he has been rejecting girls coming on him. Maybe it because he is still not over his latest girl. Something about him being in love with her. It makes sense thought, if he really loves her, it will make perfect sense why he lashed out on you. And how he chooses her words over yours. Trying to ignore the pain of your heart and the sinking of your stomach. You felt sorry for him. Sorry that he had a fall out with someone he loved because of you. Even when you do still love him. You wouldn’t wish to cause him pain. Especially with the one he loves. The guilt in you start rising and it didn’t go away even after you had reached your dorm that night. Even when you are preparing to sleep, it only kept you awake the whole night thinking.

But what you didn’t expect was being rudely waken by the loud knocking on your dorm door. Tossing in bed, you try to ignore the loud awakening of sound. But it never stopped. Groaning out loud you kick your blanket off you. Stomping out of your room, to the door. Swinging the door open in a minute, ready to scold the living hell out of the soul that has interrupted your sleep. But what you didn’t expect again was him. As you swing open the door, his fist was up, ready to be knocking again. A shocked look plastered on his face, then a guilty look. Maybe is from how distracted you look, letting him know that you just out of bed. Suddenly become more conscious of what your wearing and how you look. You try to slough and take a step back from his gaze on you.

 

Jong Hyun: Hi…. Can.. I come in?

Y/N: Sure…. Let me just… go to the washroom real quick.

Jong Hyun: Oh.. ya.. sure.. I’m sorry…

 

Letting him in, you practically rush to your bathroom to make sure you look at least presentable. But it’s not like he hasn’t seen you like this. He has seen you before in a worst state. You try to convince yourself that it’s because it’s unacceptable to be looking like this infront of someone. Not because it’s him. Not cause you’re still in love with him, even when you know you have no chance. It’s just because you need to look presentable, for your moral. Mind still filled with question on why he would be doing here. As you try to give yourself a prep talk before heading out.

 

Jong Hyun: Hey..

Y/N: Hi…

Jong Hyun: I wanted to talk to you…

Y/N: Okay…?

Jong Hyun: Ehm…. First off… Sorry. I’m sorry for what went down that night.

Y/N: Hm… It has already happened, so I guess we can just put it pass us.

Jong Hyun: No, it’s not fair to you. I wasn’t even thinking straight that day. I was consumed by anger.

Y/N: Anger?

Jong Hyun: I was angry that you’re hanging out with JB instead of me. I know.. I know.. I pushed you away. I… I should have talked to you first. I didn’t think it thought. I was waiting for you to talk to me first. But I know it stupid of me to even think of that. After what had gone down between us. I should have been more considerate of your feeling. I should have talk to you about it. I should have acknowledged it, I should have been there for you. But I wasn’t. I’m such a jerk. I know. I… don’t even know what to say anymore. I just.. I’m sorry. I know no amount of sorry I said could undid what I have done. But I just want you to know that I’m sorry for hurting your feelings and being an awful friend to you.

Y/N: Thank you for apologizing. It will not undo what you have done like you said. But at least it good to hear it. I’m sorry as well. I’m sorry it didn’t work out for you and the girl.

Jong Hyun: It’s not a big deal.

Y/N: No.. it is. Like I like you. But I wouldn’t want you to have a fall out with someone you love. I’m sorry it went down like that.

Jong Hyun: Wait.. someone I love?

Y/N: Ya.. You took her words over mine because you would naturally listen to someone you love and is in a relationship with. I get it.

Jong Hyun: I don’t ude-

Y/N: I just wanted to apologize. Because I feel guilty of what happened between you and her due to what had happened that night.

Jong Hyun: It’s not a big deal. It wasn’t that serious anyway. It all over. I just came over to apologize and ask if you would give me another chance to mend what I had done wrong. I know I don’t deserve it. But I want to start this over and be the friend you could always rely on.

Y/N: Starting over sound good, but how about, let’s start slow.

Jong Hyun: Hearing that it already enough. Like you have said. We’ll start slow, just how you want it. I know it hard to go back straight away to how we’re used to. But at least it’s something.

Y/N: Friends?

Jong Hyun: Friend.

 

-

 

*Present*

 

To say the past month was not awkward is an understatement. You guess it was because both of you are trying to catch up on what each other had miss. And like your feelings was too known to the both of you. And it will always get a little awkward when it comes to the topic of girls. Where you would randomly include in your conversation, trying to show him that your cool about it. But none the less, both of you would get there eventually you guess. With more time in, you think both of you would get more comfortable like before. And you just hope he would just stop acting so weird about it. It was like as if he was looking at you as a girl. It’s not like he doesn’t know that you are. It’s just that in the past it didn’t really bother him if you are a girl or not. He would totally back hand slam you down the ground. But now you could tell he is treating you a little more delicate. Treating you as if he is well aware that you’re a girl. Like noticing you’re cold and giving you his jacket. You knew if it was in the past, he would totally lecture you about not wearing warmer clothes and didn’t bother to even share his jacket, because he was cold too. And like opening the doors for you. Like damn who even does that? It’s not that you don’t appreciate it. It makes your heart skip a beat, yes. But it’s not both of you. Both of you are not like that. You just wish with time, things will be back to normal. You really don’t want him to treat you better just because you have feelings for him.

As you close your laptop, giving up on actually studying because of the intrusion of that girl. You pack up your stuff as you wait for Jong Hyun to meet you. He was suppose to reach here half and hour ago, so both of you could get his coffee before the pre practice of the game tonight. Something both of you always do. Because he said something about have his favourite drink before a game will give him goodluck. But you just see it as him trying to make more excuse to drink coffee. As if he doesn’t over drink it on a daily basis already. Yet he is nowhere here. Weird, maybe he got caught up in some work. Speaking of the devil. He strolls into the room. Looking at his phone the whole time. Not even bothering to acknowledge you. Just sitting himself infront of you. It was as if you’re not there.

 

Y/N: Ehmm.. like you ready to go.. or?

Jong Hyun: Hm…

Y/N: Okay….

 

Not even bothering to look up when answering. You just push it pass you. Gathering your stuff, you walked out of the room to the nearest café to get his coffee fix. As he follows you from behind. Not looking at his phone anymore but seemingly looking very uninterested. As you entered the café and got yourself seated in a spot. He followed behind you, getting himself on the seat across you, by kicking the chair so he could slide in. Looking across you and the ruckus your friend has just made. You couldn’t help yourself anymore. Looking at him slouching in his seat. The clear disinterest still on his face.

 

Y/N: What’s wrong with you?

Jong Hyun: Nothing?

Y/N: Seriously? You call this attitude nothing?

Jong Hyun: What? I’m always like this?

Y/N: I’ve have been friends with you for so long. Yet I have never seen you act like this before.

Jong Hyun: Why are you make such a fuss over this? Don’t you like it?

Y/N: Like what? This disinterested look you have since school ended. When we are supposed to be enjoying our cup of coffee before your pregame practice?

Jong Hyun: You’re the one who said that the type of guys you like are bad boys?

Y/N: Okay. You’re losing me even more. I have no idea what the hell you’re on about. You either lose that attitude or I’m out of here.

Jong Hyun: You just said it just now. Whatever.

Y/N: You know what. I’m leaving, let me know when you’re back being your normal self.

 

And with that you walk away from your friend, out of the café, towards your dorm to freshen yourself up before the game. Yes. He might be acting weird, but he is still your friend anyway. No matter what you’re still going to go and support him.

As a few hours pass by, you had busy yourself with completing some assignments. It was then until you received a text from JB saying how your friend had been roasted by his coach.  Saying how Jong Hyun head was out of the game the whole-time during practice. And everyone was worried how the later game would end up. When the captain is not in his usual state. With that, you think you might have been too harsh on him just now, maybe his was just nervous. But that doesn’t mean he could act like a jerk to you. Sighing, you know there is a few good hours left before the game. The team might still be in practice. So, you decided to get his coffee fix for him and pay him a visit.

As a hot coffee is held in your hand, you walked straight to the field. Just as you step into the field, you’re greeted by the coach screaming at the team members. You could clearly feel the tenson in the atmosphere. Walking as fast as you could passing them without them noticing. You head to the locker room where you know he could only be. Since he was not out there being scolded with his team members. Just as you push the locker room door, and got yourself in. You caught a sight of him sitting infront of his locker. Looking at you. Walking towards him you pass him his coffee and sat beside him.

 

Y/N: Hey.

Jong Hyun: Thanks..

Y/N: Soo… why aren’t you out there getting scolded by your coach with your team.

Jong Hyun: Well… I got my own scolding and got send in here…

Y/N: You alright?

Jong Hyun: Not really…

Y/N: What’s wrong?

Jong Hyun: Just…. Can I ask you something?

Y/N: Ya.. what’s up?

Jong Hyun: Am I too late?

Y/N: What?

Jong Hyun: I heard that you like bad boys now.

Y/N: What are you talking about?

Jong Hyun: I overhead you and the girl talking in your class today.

Y/N: Oh… Nah, I was just brushing her off.

Jong Hyun: Oh… I thought…

Y/N: Wait.. is that why you’re acting so weird just now?

Jong Hyun: Ya..

Y/N: You were acting like a jerk the whole day because you overhead our conversation?

Jong Hyun: A jerk?! That … I wasn’t going for that… I was acting going for more of a bad guy vibe you know…. I didn’t know I was acting like a jerk…

Y/N: But why are you even acting like someone else, that is not you?

Jong Hyun: I.. Well okay. First, I want to start off by apologising. For acting like a jerk to you. And how I was acting when we had a fall out and all. You’re right. I should have taken your confession with care. Like all the other girls that came on to me. I should have taken their feelings for me seriously and not brush it off, just because I wasn’t interested. That’s why I went to apologize to all the girls that had confessed to me before, the day after we had that fight. And I want to apologise to you again for brushing it off. Because I should have taken it more seriously, especially you’re my friend. Someone I care about. And being shock and not seeing that coming was not an excuse that I had used. So, I want to thank you for loving me. And I’m sorry for causing you so much pain. I didn’t want that. I never would have wanted to hurt you the way I did.

Y/N: Well, I’m just glad you’re back. Thank you for saying these. I really appreciate it. It makes me feel lighter. And like I have said before, I want to apologise to you for causing your break up.

Jong Hyun: Break up?

Y/N: That night the fight went down. I hear both of you broken up and it hurt you.

Jong Hyun: Wait.. What? We were ever together? I was never together with anyone? I was just hanging out people because I was so used to sticking by your side. And I just wanted company?

Y/N: I thought you loved her…

Jong Hyun: WHAT?! That’s absurd. The only one I would ever come close to loving, was you?

 Y/N: What?

Jong Hyun: Did I just… … I didn’t plan this out right.. I..

Y/N: What do you mean…

Jong Hyun: Well… I had a lot of time thinking of all my actions and behaviour after we fall out. And with the fights and all. I came to realised that I cared about you more than just a friend. Explains why I was so angry that night seeing you with JB. And why I was acting like someone else just now….

Y/N: Wait… you were acting like someone else because you thought that was my type?

Jong Hyun: Hey! You admitted it to her.. How would I even know if you were just brushing her off.

Y/N: I practically brush everyone off except for you. Anyone that approaches me only have intention of getting to know more about you.

Jong Hyun: Oh… I. I’m sorry…

Y/N: Hm.. I used to it. Just a little annoyed by most of them being kind of rude and not acknowledging me first before speaking.

Jong Hyun: Well, tell them to go to hell the next time they approach you.

Y/N: I’m not going to curse at anyone that approach me!

Jong Hyun: Well you should. And you might as well add to them that I am only interested in you. And no one else.

Y/N: Ehmm…

Jong Hyun: Oh… sorry was I too direct...?

Y/N: A little… but back to topic… You know that you shouldn’t have to act like anyone else right..

Jong Hyun: I just wanted to be like someone you would have like….

Y/N: I like you. As in the you that I have known and that I have come to like. I like my Jong Hyun better. I like when you’re just you, being you.

Jong Hyun: You can’t just say that….

Y/N: Why?

Jong Hyun: Because I have a game to play in an hour. And how am I going to win the game with my heart pounding like this. My stomach with butterflies and my head over the clouds?

Y/N: Well.. As I was saying. I like my Jong Hyun better. So, is my Jong Hyun back?

Jong Hyun: Hmm..

Y/N: Good. So, you better win that game later, alright captain.

 

Smiling wide at him, you lean towards him. Placing a kiss on his cheeks. Which made the tips of his ears and cheek paint a little red. While his eyes bulge out to stare at you. You couldn’t help but laugh at his face. As the initial shock expression turns to a shyer one now. Playing with his finger, as he turns away from your laughing self.

 

Jong Hyun: One more…

Y/N: I’m sorry, what did you say?

Jong Hyun: For good luck… I need it for the game..

Y/M: For the game?

Jong Hyun: Y..ya.. for the game..

 

You bite you lips from trying to laugh again. But your shoulders shaking is a giveaway. None the less, you look at him. Eyes refusing to meet you. And his ears and cheek are the colour of cherry. While he busies himself with playing with his fingers nervously. You couldn't help but lace your fingers in his, to stop him from the action. Yes.. it just to stop him from playing with his fingers. A reason you told yourself. Leaning in again you give him a long and lingering kiss on his cheeks. Just for good luck. For the game, you told yourself again. As a smile spread on his lips, the same as yours. Your cheeks tinted red. Both of you couldn’t help but stare at your connected hands together. As a warm feeling blossom in both of your hearts.