Our Future (Baek Ho)

Nu'est One Shot

CONCEPT: ANGST & FLUFF

Song: And I (Nu'est W), What Kind Of Future (Woozi)

Related image

//Staring at the eyes infront of you, after a whole 2 years of constant struggle of avoiding it. You felt like your heart sank. All those memories be it good or bad, has been haunting you for the past 2 years. Keeping you on the same spot, you could hardly even move on from it.

Those eyes, you could have never forgotten. Not after what he did to you. Not after what he chose. He chose his career, his music, instead of you. It was never you, and it could never have been you.

Those eyes, you wonder how they look at you. You wonder if he thought about the same things as you. If he was happy with his choice. Or if he ever regretted letting you go. Looking at him now, you though. He has been well. Even without you//

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*3 years ago*

Baek Ho: Y/N!!!! I finally got accepted!!

//Looking at your boyfriend. You knew he would get accept. He was talented, it was just a matter of time. He had been working so hard the past few months, writing, singing, composing his own songs. And sending it to record company, hopping to get a job. You supported him whole heartedly, it was his dream, you could have never opposed of it. You belived in him. You love him too much//

Y/N: I knew you would get it!! See I told you so!!!

//Looking at you, his face breaks out the brightest smile he had//

Baek Ho: I love you!!!!!

Y/N: I love you too. You worked hard for it. I’m proud of you.

-

[The next day]

Y/N: So how was it meeting??

Baek Ho: It didn’t turn out the way I wanted it to be..

Y/N: What do you mean?

Baek Ho: Well, they wanted me to be in a boy group.

Y/N: Like those dancing and singing boy group?

Baek Ho: Yup.

Y/N: But do you still get to write music?

Baek Ho: Yup. I get to write the group’s songs.

Y/N: Than what are you hesitating about?

Baek Ho: You don’t get it, I can’t dance…

Y/N: Baby... Nobody is born great at dancing. It’s all hard work and dedication. I know you’ll do great. Plus, you get to write and produce your own music. Isn’t it what you always wanted?

Baek Ho: You’re right babe. I don’t even know why I was worried about it in the first place. Thank you. You always know the right words to say.

Y/N: You just needed a push.

Baek Ho: I know. I’ll head down to the company to sign the contract tomorrow. Thank you and I love you. You always know how to comfort me.

Y/N: You’re welcome. And I love you too baby.

-

[Two month later]

Y/N: Baby, how are you doing?

Baek Ho: Tired. All the trainings are killing me….

Y/N: I know, you can pull through babe. You are so close to your dream.

Baek Ho: I know…..

Y/N: You’ll do great. I’ll always be here to support you!! Just remember to eat your meals alright.

Baek Ho: I will. It’s just that I haven been spending time with you lately. I missed you.

Y/N: I missed you too baby. But I understand. I’ll always be here when you need me.

Baek Ho: I know you will. I love you babe.

Y/N: I love you too.

-

[Another 2 months later]

Y/N: Baby where are you?? We are suppose to meet at the café now?

Baek Ho: OMG!! I’m so sorry… I forgotten. I’ve just been so busy. I lost track of time. Was it really today? I’m so sorry…

Y/N: It’s okay. I just thought something happen to you. I just call to check on you.

Baek Ho: I’m so sorry. I would ran to you now, but I got my hands full…

Y/N: It’s okay. I understand. Just remember to eat your meals alright.

Baek Ho: I will. I’m so sorry babe.

Y/N: It’s okay.

Baek Ho: You know that I love you right.

Y/N: I know. And I love you too.

-

[Another 2 months later]

Y/N: Baby!! I’m so proud of you!!! You finally debuted!!!

Baek Ho: I was so nervous. Did you watch our first stage?

Y/N: Of course!! I wouldn’t miss it for anything!!! You look so good!! And your voice! OMG!!!

Baek Ho: The fans reaction was good thought. Even though we only have a little fanbase.

Y/N: It will grow in time. Everyone will know your group and you’ll be the top boy band in no time!!

Baek Ho: You’re exaggerating!

Y/N: Well, just hyping my boyfriend up.

Baek Ho: Babe! I got to go. I’ll call you soon aright!! Love you! Bye!

Y/N: I love you too…

-

[Another 2 months later]

Y/N: Baby? You haven been replying or calling recently. Are you alright??

Baek Ho: I’m just busy.

Y/N: Ohh… I’m sorry to disturb you then. Just remember to eat your meals alright.

Baek Ho: I can’t I’m on a diet remember.

Y/N: Then get more rest then..

Baek Ho: I got to go.

Y/N: Okay…

-

[Another 2 months later]

Y/N: Have you been resting well and eating?

Baek Ho: Is that what you call me for? I’m busy!

Y/N: I just want to know if you’re alright?

Baek Ho: I’m fine alright! You don’t have to keep calling me, everytime. It annoying!

Y/N: So now I’m annoying?!

Baek Ho: Yes.

Y/N: I’m sorry I wanted to check up on my boyfriend?! You literally have been ignoring me for weeks.

Baek Ho: I’m working!!! I’m busy!!!! Can't you leave me alone for goodness sake?!

Y/N: Is that really what you want? Music over me?

Baek Ho: You’re just being ridiculous now. I’ve a lot of things to do, rather than this.

Y/N: I’ll ask you one more time. Do you really want me to leave you alone?

Baek Ho: YES!! OMG!! JUST STOP BEING SO ANNOYING!!

Y/N: Goodbye Baek Ho.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Present*

-I told myself this is a dream, I wanted to wake up in relief. Our future that doesn’t line up, if only I can go back in time. Would I be able to let you go? When we weren’t over, I held on to whatever was left. You let me go as I refuse.

Although I don’t want to see you ever again. I miss you. Although I hate you. I love you. I don’t even understand myself. Those waiting was not easy to endure. And our future, it was forgotten at some point.

It was not that I want to forget you. It was you, who isn’t with me anymore. I’m quite foolish. I’ll hold back my tears for you, once again. So, stop here, where my last smile was, so you can remember it.

We were happy when our conversing hearts were piled up. Those day past by like the wind, just like flower petals that flutter by. They ignore me and pass me by, getting further away from me. In the end, what kind of future will come to us?  I know we’ll end up walking a different path from now on, and I probably shouldn’t hold on to you.

Even if heaven don’t give us an answer, just for a moment, let’s dream a silent dream. I’m worried I might lose you. So, hold out your hand, even though I know we can never reach. I wish if we meet on a different day, far away, you would embrace me.

When I look in to your eyes, my heart aches again. Even if by chance, I hope we will meet again. Because I stand in the middle of a crossroad today, that leads to you. I could only wish, we could walked the same path.

Goodbye, till me meet again, in a place full of love.-

 

“And that was Y/N singing her self-produced song, Our future!!!”

 

//Walking down backstage, you couldn’t believe you’re actually here. Never in your entire life you thought of being a singer. It was just a year ago when you got casted on the streets. And was giving an opportunity to produce a song by yourself. You didn't have a dream or yet a goal in mind on what you wanted in your life. So, with an 'what the heck' attitude, you got here. Learning everything from basics, it took you months just to earn how to put chords together. And another month to write your lyrics. But it was the biggest achievement you have done. All the hard work put in for the past year. You’re proud of how far you have come.

But never in your life you thought you would see those eyes again. You knew sooner or later you’ll encounter him, but you didn’t know it was that quick. You didn’t know what to do. Both of you froze there. Staring at each other.

Baek Ho: Y/N…..

Y/N: Hi…

Baek Ho: How have you been…

Y/N: Good…

Baek Ho: The song was great…

Y/N: Thank you…

Baek Ho: Was it abou-

Y/N: ??

Baek Ho: Nothing…

Y/N: So… If there nothing, I’ll be going then.

Baek Ho: Ya... Sure.

Y/N: It was nice meeting you again Baek Ho.

Baek Ho: It was nice meet you too, Y/N.

Y/N: See you around I guess.

Baek Ho: Wait!!!

Y/N: Ya?

Baek Ho: Would you… Ermm.. Would you want to grab a coffee sometime? Together?

Y/N: That would be lovely.