CHAPTER III

Nu'est One Shot

NU'EST Hwang Min-hyeun, a gasping suit pit...exciting visual

 

“Hi Mr Hwang, I’m Ms Kim speaking, I’m representing Ms Hwang to remind you again to sign the paper back to her. I have already dropped the papers at your receptionist.”

 

Min Hyun: Tell her I am not signing anything. If she wants it sign, ask her to come down here personally. Have a good day. Goodbye.

 

How ironic is it, that every single day he deals with new client coming in as he tries to convince them that they should think this through before making a decision? Convincing them about how marriage is a wonderful thing, and they should look back from when they got married and the reason why. Before they consider getting a divorce. When he was in the same situation as them. Honesty he doesn’t know if he was convincing himself or his client anymore. Every single day, he saw how couples came in, never peaceful, most of the time just demanding to sign the papers. Being the head of the lawyer firm, his parents has pass down to him, he has to handle every new client that came in, before sending them to his subordinates to deal with the procedures and custody.

Dealing with this everyday he can’t really help to not think about his failing marriage as well. He knows that he hasn’t been a good husband. Especially, when the firm was just handled to him two years ago. He was trying to prove to his parents that he could handle everything on top of being newly married. He knows that he did try for the first few months. Trying to balance his workload and being a good husband. But when the firm became more and more busy. Especially with the new merge with your family’s business. He couldn’t help but submerge in his work. He was barely home. He barely communicating with you. No wonder you’re demanding him to sign the paper.

It wasn’t always like this. He remembers meeting you for the first time. 3 years ago. Knowing you’re among the few girls that his parents want as a suitable wife for him. He hated the idea of it, he hated how his parents are picking girls up for him to wife them up. Like they are picking the best looking and most expensive fruits in the market to buy. He had to go on a blind date with every single one of them. To say he was bored as hell, was an understatement. All of them dress in prestige dress, high heels, painted nails, and fake smile trying to convince him to pick them.

Until you, strolling in with your sweats, bare face sitting in front of him after making him wait an hour for you. Telling him to pick someone else but you. He remembers snickering at how bold you are. He can’t help but had a peak of interest in you. And he knew when his parents ask who he will pick when he got home. He picked you just for spike. He can’t help but smirk when he thinks how you would react after you found out that he had pick you.

Getting a phone call the next day during his lunch hour was not uncommon. What was uncommon was you on the other line, screaming curse words at him. As he tries not to choke on his rice. He can’t even get a word out before the phone call ended. He can’t help but second doubt his decision. Just what has he gotten himself in. But he shrugs it off and smirk at how you had reacted to the news. Because he was already expecting an outburst from you. As he continues chewing his food.

What had he not expect was you turning up at his office just a few hours later after the phone call. Stomping to his office as his receptionist ran after you. He dismisses his receptionist as he offers you to take a seat. But you didn’t, he remember how you were cursing about his stupid decision. And how you’re supposed to run the family business and has no time to deal with a husband that apparently doesn’t understand that you didn’t want to get married. And might be deaf. Because you clearly remember telling him that not to pick you. Yet he went and did the opposite. But as you’re screaming in his office, knowing full well every one of his subordinates outside can hear their boss getting rip by an unknown girl. He just can’t help but notice you didn’t wear you sweats today. Instead, you’re in an oversized hoodie, ripped jeans and sneakers. With your hair bun up, looking so cute. Especially he was a good head taller than you.

He remembers how he was zoning out and you waving your hand right in front of his face to get his attention. Your face fill with annoyance but he can’t help to smirk at how cute you are. He remembers you scolding him about zoning out and being rude for smirking at your outburst and telling him to tell his parents that both of you are not getting married.

 

Min Hyun: Why don’t you just tell your parents to cancel off the wedding?

Y/N: BECAUSE THEY DON’T LISTEN TO ME. I SWEAR TO GOD ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING TO WHATEVER I HAVE JUST SAID??

Min Hyun: Than we are in the same position then. Can’t help it then.

Y/N: WAIT WHAT?? NONONO YOU NEED TO TELL YOUR PARENTS!! COME ON??!! I HAVE NO TIME TO BE A FREAKING HOUSEWIFE THAT SIT AT HOME AND DOLL UP, DOING ALL THE HOUSE CHORES. I HAVE A ING COMPMAY TO RUN. GO FIND YOURSELF SOME OTHER GIRLS THAT ENJOY DOING THAT AND RUN YOUR MONEY DRY. DON’T DRAG ME IN TO THIS. WHY THE HELL DID YOU EVEN DO THIS??!! THIS BETTER NOT BE A ING SICK JOKE OR GAME YOU ENJOY PLAYING.

Min Hyun: I mean I have a company to run to, my parents will give all the rights to me after I got married. So, I don’t have time for you as well.

Y/N: THAT’S RIGHT. NOW YOU’RE LISTENING. GO ON AND JUST MAKE THE CALL.

Min Hyun: So...

Y/N: Yes yes just call them and cancel the wedding. Come on. No hard feelings.

Min Hyun: What I meant was, you have no time for me, and I have no time for you. So, when we get married, we won’t get into each other way. Isn’t that perfect????

Y/N: WAIT WHAT??? NONONONONO

Min Hyun: Come on think about it. It a good idea. Our parents will leave us alone as well.

Y/N: NO!!!

Min Hyun: Come on. Just 2 dates. Let me convince you by 2 dates. I can show you how well we can get along by living together. Then you can make your decision again.

Y/N: NO!

Min Hyun: Come on, just go on 2 dates with me. Your parents won’t listen to you anyway. If we really don’t fit well together, I’ll tell my parents to cancel off the wedding.

Y/N: Fine.

Min Hyun: You’ll not regret it Y/N

 

And with that you stomp out of his office not knowing why you just agreed to his game. Just what was he planning.

The day comes faster than Min Hyun has anticipated. Before he knows it, he was 10 minutes early, knocking on your door to bring you out on a date. The sight he was seeing when the door opens was something he never expect. You all dressed up, a plaid skirt, cosy long sweater and sporting a sneaker. Hair half up with light makeup. You look cute, as he almost stutter on his words.

 

Min Hyun: Ready for our date, partner in crime?

Y/N: No not really. But thanks to your for choosing me, now I’m stuck with you. I hope this date of yours have alcohol strong enough to poison me.

Min Hyun: Feisty. But sadly no.

 

Just as he had plan beforehand, he bought you to the newly opened café downtown. He may or may not have convinced your sister for your social to get a better hint of what you’re interested in. And from your overwhelming feed of food pictures. He had concluded that you’re a foodie. That’s how, both of you are standing in the long queue waiting in line to grab your food.

 

Min Hyun: The line is a bit long, since it’s newly opened. You don’t mind right?

Y/N: Hmm

Min Hyun: Here, I search up the menu online. You could decide what we want to get first. We will be taking it go.

Y/N: Where are we going?

Min Hyun: I had a place set up in the park, with a tent and what not. May or may not have fairy lights. Kind of aesthetic, for our picnic date.

Y/N: Oh...

Min Hyun: You don’t like it? We could just eat here if you want. Just thought that it would be very crowed here. And if we ate here, it might be hard to talk, and we might get rush to finish our food. But if you don’t min-

Y/N: No... no I like the idea. I don’t really fancy crowds.

Min Hyun: I’ll keep that in mind. You doing okay now? It’s a little squeezy on the side road and there is a lot of people here.

Y/N: A little overwhelm.

Min Hyun: How about this. You let me know what you want to eat. And you go wait out in the car. I’ll get to the food back to us.

Y/N: Are you sure?

Min Hyun: I wouldn’t have asked if I’m not. You know what, go now. I’ll just get one of each item from the menu instead. There is not a lot of options anyway. We could try everything in the park later.

-

To say you’re surprised of how considerate he is an understatement. You thought he would be the same kind of guys your parents had set you up with. At the end of the day either you scared them away or they will get bored after trying. No guy has been that polite to you. But it’s not like you can let your guard down with him. He might be just acting to get what he wants. And you know for sure, you’re not going to fall for that.

-

Aesthetic was an understatement, he really planed this out beforehand. The tent was set up with fairy light, mat, bean bag and fluffy cushion. Tables with plates and cutlery already set up. Bouquet of flowers on the table. Just how much effort did he took to search up on this. Or does he do this often. You can’t help your mind to linger of the later. As both of you sat down, he plates the food on the table for you. Offers to help you take pictures as well. Which turns out surprisingly good.

 

Min Hyun: So, what have you been doing recently?

Y/N: Kinda need to oversee the opening of the new university branch, just right out of Seoul.

Min Hyun: Do you like it?

Y/N: I mean I don’t mind it. It’s not something that I hate, but I like that I’m working, and I feel accomplish in a sense? I know the role was given to me because of my parents. But I still fill accomplish and a sense of reasonability towards the role I was given. I appreciate it more than not knowing what to do. I really haven had anything I’m really interested in or wanted to do. It’s kinda sad in a way, I don’t have anything that I enjoy. Yet I feel comfortable with just going through the day just doing what I know. That’s what I do best.

Min Hyun: I get what you mean. I think it’s okay that you don’t have anything you want or have a strong desire of. And there’s nothing wrong with sticking with the same routine. I think what is more important is that you’re comfortable and happy. You could always try something on the side-line, time to time you know. Get out and explore new things to do, at least at the end of the day, you would know if you’re good at it or not. Or if you’re interested in it.

Y/N: Make sense... Might have to start making a list of things to try.

Min Hyun: Or we could make the list together if you don’t mind. And try new things together? How about that? To get to know each other better.

Y/N: Why do you want this in the first place? What are you going to get out of it?

Min Hyun: I mean obviously, our parents would benefit in this marriage more than we would you know. But I wouldn’t mind marrying someone that is easy to get along with. You seem like a cool person. Not up tight or spoilt, I wouldn’t mind living with you after we gotten married. It would just be like having a roommate. You would have your space and I would totally respect it. Just let me know what you need, I’ll try my best to make both of us as comfortable with each other as possible.

Y/N: Isn’t it too early to judge my personality. You barely know me. Why would you want to trap yourself with marriage?

Min Hyun: I mean... We would have to marry eventually. That’s what we know since growing up. We know we would have an arrange marriage. I just feel that if I have gotten married, I just want it to be with someone I’m comfortable with you know. Even if we never will love each other, it’s better to have a good relationship with each other. Like friends? Someone you could get along with and communicate. Why would I put myself with someone I could never stand in a marriage? Just so done with going on all the blind dates. No offense. You’re cool.

Y/N: No. I get what you mean. You’re cool too. Partner in crime?

Min Hyun: Wait really?

Y/N: What you said made sense. If I have no say in whether I get to married. At least I get to have a say in who I get to marry. And I would rather marry someone that is decent and seem chill enough that I could get along with. You’re cool I must admit.

Min Hyun: Told you that you’ll not regret it, partner in crime.

-

To say both side of your parents are sceptical is an understatement, as both of you announce that you will agree and proceed with the marriage. But they wouldn’t dare asked. As both sides have been pestering for years that both should get a partner and settle down. Thus, they go through it without question, booking the wedding date in 2 weeks’ time. Scared that either one of you would change your mind. Preparation for the wedding was chaos, but you have chosen to let your parents and his parents decide on everything. Thankfully they are so excited about it and not question you at all. While you only need to show up for the gown fitting and the wedding day itself.

 

Everything was moving so fast, even at the ceremony, you don’t even know how did it when down. All you remember was that everything was so uncomfortable to wear. And you’re just thankful for the day to end. Where you finally change into your own clothes and went to bed straight away.

Moving into your shared apartment with Min Hyun was easy. Proves that having money really makes everything easier. As it only took less than a day for all your things to be moved into his apartment. As you had previously agreed with Min Hyun, both of you had your own space in the apartment. Having your own room each, it really just felt like you have a roommate instead of a husband.

Both of you had develop a routine in the apartment, cleaning after yourself. Because he would always go to work first, there would always be coffee left in the beaker for you to drink before going into work. And because your work timings are more flexible, you would cook dinner for both of you sometimes. If not both of you would just order takeout with a can of beer each infront of the TV, just sitting beside each other and sometimes asking how each other day was. You would always make sure to stock the fridge with his favourite to go food. And he would always make sure the pantry is stock with your favourite snacks. He had become some sort of a comfort and constant in your life. To the point where, sometimes he would do things for you that would make your heart skip a beat.

It was all going so well, until his mum start pestering you about wanting a kid. It was harmless at first. Just a few occurrences, questioning occasionally. But it got worse when you had been married for a year and no news of your pregnancy has been dropped. As she starts sending tonic to you, asking you to drink it. Then it became random visit to your shared apartment. Saying you need to take care of yourself and her son more. To her bringing you to see gynaecologist without knowledge. You couldn’t take it anymore, and nothing makes you more stress and uncomfortable especially with your space constantly being invaded. You have talked to Min Hyun multiple times. He had trying to ask you to be understanding and he had tried to talk to his mum as well. But it didn’t work.

Well, it’s not like he would outright cut his mum doing and words off. He wasn’t even firm about it or anything serious, trying not to stir the tense situation. Not only that he has started to be busy with the merge. Which means you see him less in the house. Things where he said he would try to at least catch up with both of your lives to maintain a healthy friendship with each other. Was also another thing he couldn’t upkeep, along with his promise of personal space. But was it still a friendship, when you would cuddle up at night to catch up? Is it still friendship when, both parties have a habit to doing little things for each other? And even giving each other hug and kisses on the cheeks and forehead? And remembering things the other party says randomly and doing it for them?

It only backfires when he tries to say something for you. As his mum questions start being a personal attack towards you. Every time she has a chance to say something it would be something that would hurt you. About how his son should have just chosen someone else, or she should have disapproved of this marriage if she knew it would turn out this way. Or how she didn’t even like you at all, saying how you’re rude and just a bad person. You’re so tired of constantly venting the anger and thought on to Min Hyun. Because veery single time both of you will end up fighting. And nothing would get solve anyway. That’s why you had enough. You still remember the last fight you had with him. It was so bad that both of you were turn furniture upside down and lead you to a have mental breakdown, crying while hyperventilating as he slams the door at you leaving the house. Which was just 2 years into the marriage, and you walked out of it that day. Since you had been sending the letter to your so-called husband to sign, yet he wasn’t being a cooperative person.

-

*Present*

 

Your hands are clammy, as you try to calm your breathing. Stepping into the elevator of your husband company, your heart is trying to jump out of your chest. One year, one year since you walked out of the apartment for good. One year since you had talked to him or see him. Because walking away means throwing everything you had with him away. You don’t even know what to call it. Were there actually any happy memories, was that more than friendship when it all went down. Or were you just being delusional. You don’t know and care anymore. Because since you walked out, you had him block. Not only him but his and your parents as well. Because you couldn’t stand to hear anything that would come out from either of them. One year since you see him, your family and his. No regrets though. You would say it has been a great year. Going out of your way trying things you never tried before. Jumping out of a plane, flying across the globe, meeting new people along the way. You’re thriving. Because one thing you know is that you’re good at running away. You’re so good at it that no one know where you are and what you’re doing.

Walking down the hallway to his office, you took a deep breath before open the door. Walking in, as you slam the envelop down on to his table. Making him jump in surprise. Because he didn’t know you would really come. And how long it has been since he last saw you. But his thoughts were interrupted by his phone, as he proceeds to stare at you while answering his phone.

 

Min Hyun: What?? No, how many times do I need to tell you. I’m not going on a blind date mum. I’m literally still married. If you’re done, I need to go. I’m busy! No. I’m not getting a divorce. Bye.

 

Shaking out a breath, he looks up at you again still standing infront of him. Looking at you disbelieve that you’re really here. You didn’t give him any chance, as you spoke to him first.

 

Y/N: Sign it!

Min Hyun: Y/N…

Y/N: ing sign it. You say you would sign it if I’m here. So, sign it.

Min Hyun: Y/N sit down, let’s talk.

Y/N: There is nothing to talk about. Just ing sign it.

Min Hyun: You disappeared for a year.

Y/N: Okay? Then?

Min Hyun: That’s all you have to say?

Y/N: What do I have to say? I’m here because you are being ing annoying by not sign this piece of paper, that I have been sending to you since a year ago.

Min Hyun: Y/N… sit, we really need to talk

Y/N: There is nothing to talk about, why are you wasting my time??

Min Hyun: Please... I just want to know what made you leave.

Y/N: It has been a year already and you haven figure it out? I mean I’m not surprise.

Min Hyun: Can you please tell me what did I do to make you leave?

Y/N: Everything. Every ing thing you did made me leave. Coming on to me with a marriage and promise that you could never keep. Making me leave my own house to stay with you with a promise of respecting my space. Which you should have uphold and instil. I mean technically you were not the one invading it. But you knew your mum was coming on to me and making me uncomfortable. And you tried, I know. But you didn’t even fight that hard for me. Even when she was downright criticising and telling me how much of a woman I am not. You didn’t stand up for me. Did you know what I had to go through.

Do you know how humiliated I was, when she tricked me and brought me to the gynaecologist?? She always thought that I was the one that had a problem, when it wasn’t. You couldn’t have told your mum that I could never get pregnant because we were not like that. We are not ing and might not ever. You were too busy with the merge to even care about anything. And after we know it, every single time I want to talk to you, you shut me down. If not, we are always screaming at each other turning down our whole apartment. That’s why I left. You didn’t want to talk to me then. Why would you want to talk to me now?

Min Hyun: I didn’t know… I’m sorry...

Y/N: Sorry don’t erase whatever had experience.

Min Hyun: I know…. But I’m really sorry. How can I make it up to you?

Y/N: I don’t think there is anything to make up for. What is there? Our friendship? Was that really a friendship to being with? I mean, maybe, but there is nothing now. Even if I stupidly did though it might be more than friendship back then. But there is nothing anymore. There is nothing to fix because there was nothing at all since then.

Min Hyun: Counselling…. One month… If we don’t work out, I’ll sign the paper. It is a recommendation for all my client that would come here.

-

You have no idea why you would even agree with this. As both of you sat on the sofa side by side, with his business partner sitting infront of both of you. Clip board in hand, as you wonder what he would even ask both of you. How would he even save a marriage, does it even make a difference when a couple wants a divorce. It’s not like he could change their mind and force them to reconsider. You guess it was more embarrassing for him then for you. Since it is someone that he works with, that has to see his failing marriage first-hand.

 

“Hi, What can I do for you today, Ms Y/N and Mr Hwang?”

Y/N: I have no idea why I am here as well.

“Mr Hwang?”

Min Hyun: I just hope we could work things out.

“Okay, and why do you say that?”

Min Hyun: Everything is a mess.

“Sure, how about we start simple? How did both of you met?”

Min Hyun: Arrange marriage, she was one of the partners that my parents pick out for me.

“So, what happened after that?”

Min Hyun: When on a date with her and I felt like we could understand each other. That’s why I propose that we should just get married to stop our parents from pestering us. And we could focus on our career.

“So, what happens after that? How long ago was this?”

Min Hyun: 3 years ago. We gotten married and moved in together. Had a nice time living together I would say. And I got busy and didn’t see her much. And before I knew it, she was asking me to stop my mum from pestering her about kids. I tired, but it didn’t work. We fought alot after that, that’s why I try to stay out of her way, and she packed her bag went off one day, and after a year here we are.

“Okay, let’s just break it down, shall we? Ms Y/N how did you feel about the marriage? And why did you agree with it?”

Y/N: Didn’t agree with him in the first place. But he seems like decent person that does small gesture for you.

“May you elaborate what those gestures are?”

Y/N: He take notes of things I like and made sure that I always have it. Like my favourite snacks. When we order take out, he always checks with the restaurant about the food we are going to order, making sure there is nothing in there that will trigger my allergies. He would keep the kettle with hot water so I could drink coffee or tea before I go in for work.

“Okay, so you did have a nice time living with him I presume. And what changed?”

Y/N: I did. I guess it started with his mum asking harmless question about if I’m pregnant. To sending tonic to me saying I need it. To bringing me to the gynaecologist without me knowing and my consent. Always turning up to the house unannounced. To personal attack. It’s just stressfully and it doesn’t help with my insecure.

“I fully understand. You said she send tonic to you? Only you?”

Y/N: Yes, she will constantly send tonic drinks and pills to me only.

“And are you aware of that Mr Hwang?”

Min Hyun: No, I didn’t. She never told me about it.

“May I ask why didn’t you tell him? And how did you feel about the gesture?”

Y/N: It wasn’t a big of a deal to me, I guess. But it got to me slowly as I feel like a person with flaws? Like I constantly question myself if I was lacking.

“And how did it escalate?”

Y/N: She started saying how I should be in the house and taking care of all the chores and not working because I am a wife. And how something must be wrong with me because I am not pregnant yet.

“And how did it affect you and did you talk to him about it?”

Y/N: I started questioning my worth and it doesn’t help that she invaded my safe space? I just feel constant fear and can’t feel at peace. I did tell him about how he should ask his mum to tone down with her comments. I didn’t really give him the context of it. But I guess he did, I don’t really think his mum would listen to him. Especially when he didn’t take it seriously.

“And may I ask why didn’t you?”

Min Hyun: I didn’t know the context of it. I really didn’t know she told her these things. I thought it was always just about when she would get pregnant. So, I just told my mum nicely about how she should stop her comments. I didn’t want to create more tension that is already there.

“I think it is good that both of you communicate. But I think both of you could work out on the part where you should tell each other how you feel and why you feel this way. Everything about what happened to the point of why you feel like this to how both of you could work it out and resolve it. Okay you did say something about being busy and fought a lot. How about we go into that.”

Min Hyun: I got busy because of the merge I had. Didn’t see her much, and when we did, we fought.

“May I know what kind of fight both of you would have?”

Min Hyun: About my mum. We would fight about how we should deal with her. I don’t really remember the context to it. But we would always end up fight about how she didn’t want any contact with my mum, and I would always say I would deal with it.

“But did you?”

Min Hyun: I didn’t have a chance to go about it to.

“Saying things, you can’t do isn’t the way to go. Because it would only make the other party feel that you are just brushing it off.”

Min Hyun: I really didn’t mean to. With the merge and stress, I have to manage. I really didn’t have the time to even speak to anyone out of my work.

“You should have talked to her about it. Even if you are busy. You should learn when to draw the line and stop working. And giving her some of your time. And saying things you can’t do doesn’t help, you should have just said you didn’t have the time to deal with it. Was that the only time he did it?”

Y/N: No.. He promises me that before our marriage I would be comfortable living with him and he would protect my personal space. That’s why I agree to move in.

“And how did it make you feel? Was that why you left?”

Y/N: Yes. Because I had enough of saying things I dislike to him, yet he doesn’t do anything. And I was constantly being attack and my mental health wasn’t the greatest. I had a panic attack the night before I left. And I really feel like I had to leave. I can’t stay, it got to my mental state so bad, and I am having constant anxiety.

“So, Mr Hwang, I have to be honest with you. I think that even if you find someone else, your mum would still be the same. I really can’t tell you about how you should deal with it. Because that’s your mum, I am not sure how you feel about this situation?”

Min Hyun: I’m trying to process it all. I understand what you’re trying to say. And I am sorry for invalidating her feelings. I think it really time for me to just speak to my mum about the situation she had put me through.

“And what situation is that?”

Min Hyun: Ruining my marriage. Coming between me and her. Causing her trauma.

“And why would you do that?”

Min Hyun: Because I care about her, and it is time I did what I couldn’t do. I had to make it up to her because she shouldn’t have to go through it. I should prioritise her instead of my work. And learn when to draw the line to stop working and prioritise my personal time.

“And how do you feel about hearing that?”

Y/N: I don’t understand why he would want that. Everything is done and all he had to do is to sign the paper for me. If he really cares about me.

“And why would you not do that for her?”

Min Hyun: Because I cannot lose her. I like her. I want to spend the rest of my life with her. It to early to say that I love her, but I really want to start all over again with her.

“And how would you feel about that?”

Y/N: I am not sure…

“How about this, Mr Hwang you go back and talk to our mum. See how it goes down. Let her know about it. Talk to each other, don’t make promise you can’t do. Be honest. Ms Y/N, you go back and think about it. Take your time, maybe try moving in together again, to see how both of you communicate. And with that you can see how Mr Hwang would deal with his mum, when he is there. And if he is not around, and she comes, what are both of you going to do about it. Talk to each other, let each other know how each party feels.”

Min Hyun: Thank you for your time.

“It’s a pleasure. I’ll see both of you in the next session”

-

You really have no idea why you’re back at his apartment again. He told you that he went to talk to his mum about it and will be back soon. You’re nervous of how this would turn out. But you have no idea if you would even want to give him a chance again. As you’re trying to spend time by watching some show on the television. You hear the door open with a slam. Jumping from your spot from the sofa, turning to the source of sound. As you saw her stomp right infront of you.

“Why are you back? I thought you’re getting a divorce with my son! Why are you still here in his apartment?! What kind of nonsense has you poison my son with? What did you do to him for him to talk back to me??!! You better leave him alone and go your own way. I have already found a nice girl for him!”

You stood there, shock of all the oncoming words spouted at you. But as you tried to defend yourself. You heard the door slammed again. And in comes an angry Min Hyun. Stomping to where both of you are and pulling you behind him.

Min Hyun: You can’t just come here and start screaming at my wife! Yes, you’re my mum, but this is my house. I would appreciate it if you would let me know when you want to come. I’m going to change the passcode again. You better not try and unlock it again. I love you mum, I really do. But you just can’t keep ruining my life.

“How am I running your life?? I raised you!! How can you defend her instead of stand by me?!! I am your mum!!”

Min Hyun: Yes, I know you’re my mum. And I appreciate that you raise me up. But how could you just push someone to me when you want and try to take it away when you want? They are someone else daughter. Just like I am your son! How would you feel if her mum treats me like how you treat her?! But you’re wrong mum, I stood up for you a year ago. And that is what lead me to lose her and her trust. Because I didn’t stand up for her, and as a husband I failed her. So don’t come here telling me that I didn’t stand up for you. When in fact that was what I did and drive this marriage down. Are you happy? Are you happy that you’re making my relationship with her miserable?

“How can you say I make you miserable! I am doing this for you!!”

Min Hyun: If you’re doing this for me, just stay out of it. I don’t need you to come here and ruin this for me anymore mum. I love you but I love her as well. So, you can’t expect me to not stand up for someone I love. And even if she wants to divorce me, that is between me and her. That has nothing to do with you. And really if we did, if she really doesn’t want anything to do with me. I am not going to marry anyone anymore. I am not something for you to throw here and there. I am your son. Mum I am your son!

“You know I just want the best for you. I just want you to give you the best.”

Min Hyun: I understand where you’re coming from. But mum, if you really want me to be happy, please leave my relationship to me. Please stop interfering. You’re going to drive every other person in my life away. Like how you did to her. Do you know how that feels for me??

“Min hyun...”

Min Hun: I’ll talk to you soon mum. Please leave. I don’t think I am in the right mind now. I don’t want to hurt you anymore with my words.

As the door to the apartment closes. The tension of his shoulder release and he spins around looking at you worried. You could tell he was close to breaking down, but he chooses to ask if you’re alright. He defended you, against his mum. He told her that he loves you. The man standing infont of you, your husband is making sure you’re alright when he was so close to tears because he loves you.

His frown deepens on his face as he sees you’re not responding to him. Putting both of his hands on your arms squeezing you out of your thoughts. Trying to find a responds from you. As you snap out of your daze, you meet his eyes.

 

Min Hyun: Are you okay?

Y/N: Are you?

Min Hyun: What??

Y/N: Are you okay?

Min Hyun: Ya.. I’m okay. Don’t worry about me, I’m asking you.

Y/N: Tea?

Min Hyun: What??

Y/N: I need some hot tea after what happen. Do you want some?

Min Hyun: Sure...

 

Looking at him, you could tell he was supressing his feelings. Aa you place the mug infornt of him. And you got yourself comfortable beside him on your sofa. Taking small sip of tea to calm your nerve. As you watch him do the same beside you.

 

Y/N: Can I get a hug…

Min Hyun: What??

Y/N: A Hug…

Min Hyun: You would want that from me??

Y/N: It’s not like I didn’t let you before.

Min Hun: I know but

Y/N: Is that a no?

Min Hyun: No.. I mean yes. I mean… I would give you a hug if you would want it from me…

 

Looking at you as he hesitates on what to do. You put your cup back on to the table and grab his, putting it down as well. As he looks at you stun. You spawn yourself across his lap as your arm circles around his neck, bring him into a hug. You can feel his shoulder relax after a minute and his arms circling around your waist. Pulling you closer to his chest and he buries his face in the crooks of your neck. his back as your other hand racks through his hair to calm him down even more.

 

Y/N: Thank you…

Min Hyun: What for??

Y/N: Thank you for defending me...

Min Hyun: That’s what I’m supposed to be doing all along. I’m a husband.

Y/N: Than I’m a wife too. I only think about myself. I didn’t think of explaining the context of what happened to you. And just got up and leave with things got hard.

Min Hyun: It wasn’t your fault.

Y/N: You said you love me.

 

You could feel him tense at your words. Not knowing what to say or do.

 

Y/N: Since when…

Min Hyun: I’m not sure as well. Just… I feel comfortable around you. I like how we can just sit around and not talk but we get each other you know.

Y/N: I get it.

Min Hyun: And I like it. I hate coming back home to not seeing you. It feels to empty and hollow. Like I can’t stop missing you. I felt my heart drop to my stomach when I came back that day. All your things we gone I…

Y/N: Shhh…. I’m sorry. It’s okay… I know.

 

You rack your hand through his hair tyring to calm your crying husband down. You didn’t mean to hurt him, but you did. Both of you just at communicating fully. In a sense both of you would run away and avoid each other to either give the other party some space or just leave.

 

Min Hyun: I’m sorry…I made things awkward…

Y/N: We’re good. Okay. We are good.

Min Hyun: Are you sure??

Y/N: Ya… we’ll be good don’t worry. I like having you around. Missed you for a year. But it’s okay now. We will work things out.

Min Hyun: Okay…  Thank you…

-

*Few months later*

Y/N: Wait I thought Ara was married to Jong Hyun?

Min Hyun: Yup they did. But it didn’t work out with him, you know he is in love with his long-term girlfriend and his best friend in love with him. It was a mess. And apparently Baek was in love with Ara all along. Then Soorin got pregnant, and Jong Hyun got a divorce to marry her. Both side of the parents came up with a cover up story of how they fall out in love and have a partner now.

Y/N: So, Ara was forced to marry Baek Ho after all that. And she agreed with it, being thrown into another marriage?? It’s crazy! How much had happen over a year.

Min Hyun: I know right. But I think all is good with both sides now. Jong Hyun is so protective of Soorin. Basically, treating her like a queen, not letting her walk on her own or go anywhere with him. He’s whipped. And don’t get me started about Baek Ho. He is in Greece again with Ara because she is in love with that place.

Y/N: So, the sweetest boy and biggest playboy of the friend group is whipped and in love.

Min Hyun: Sound about right.

Y/N: So, is the most handsome boy of the group whipped as well?

Min Hyun: I mean Ren is whipped for Soojin but as you know we are still not sure where she is. Boy is not giving up looking for her still.

Y/N: Why are you talking about the cutest one in the group. When I’m talking about the handsome one.

Min Hyun: Ohh.. you’re talking about Aron?

Y/N: I’m talking about you Min!!

Min Hyun: I.. what me??

Y/N: Yes you. Handsome boy.

Min Hyun: I’m not a boy!

Y/N: Sorry… my handsome husband. Happy?

Min Hyun: I like the sound of that more wife. And to answer that. Do I really have to say out loud and spell it out for you? How much more do I have to prove to you that I’m obviously whipped for you? You know I am.

Y/N: Kiss me

Min Hyun: Wait what??

Y/N: You heard me...

Min Hyun: Are you sure?

Y/N: Would I have asked if I’m not?

 

Looking at you back, he circles one of his arms around your waist and another comes up to cup your face. Trying to read you as well and giving you a chance to back away. But you didn’t. As he leans down to meet your lips. He can’t help but melt into you. As he feels his heart soars.

 

Min Hyun: Wow…

Y/N: I love you Mr Hwang.

Min Hyun: I... what… you…

Y/N: I love you Mr Hwang, I’m equally whipped for you.

Min Hyun: Are you sure. I mean…

Y/N: Relax. I’m Sure. I’m here. I’m not going anywhere. Not anymore. You know that. We’re good.

Min Hyun: I love you too Mrs Hwang. You know that.

Y/N: I do.