Kendo

Nu'est One Shot

88283e0055faa25e287b75eb3c6248093e2c14c3.jpg

 

Beak Ho: Y/N…? Is that you..?

 

… You knew sooner or later this is going to happen. But you didn’t think it would be so fast. You didn’t want to have anything involved with the guy right now, that was infront of you. Not when he wasn’t how he used to be. Keyword used to. He was definitely not he guy you once know. The guy standing infront of you is just like any other guy that was from the fraternity. All the rumours about him have a different girl every night with him during the term break. All of the talking about how good he was in bed. You don’t want to get involved with him, all you wanted to do was to complete your studies and get a degree. You don’t want to get involved with someone, even when both of you used to be so close. But you had to remind yourself that he wasn’t the guy you knew before, he wasn’t the scrawny, pale, timid guy that was once bullied. He wasn’t your shy friend, that you once protect. Now the guy standing infront of you grew a head taller, skin golden tan, he is now bulked. His ear spotting a few silver jewel dangling on his newly pierced ears. His jet-black hair has been dyed lilac. Not only that, his newly tatted artwork sits on his skin. His shirt tightly wraps on his body, letting you see every curves of his build body. Not to say his tight jeans, make his tights looks like it’s going to burst out of it anytime soon. It has only been a term break and he changed so much. Just in the span of 11 weeks and he change into a whole new person.

 

Baek Ho: Y/N I’m so sorry I didn’t really make the effort to stay in contact through the break. I have been busy with my part time jobs and a lot has been going on.

Y/N: I can tell..

Baek Ho: School has started for a month and I barely see you anywhere. I finally caught you today! Wanna grab something at the burger joint like old times?

Y/N: Actually… I’m kind of busy…

Beak Ho: Sure! Let me know when you’re free alright. I’ll text you okay! See you around.

 

Looking at him running off to his bunch of fraternity friends. You took a mental note, that he was really no longer the guy you used to know. Feeling conscious of the number of angry eyes staring at you, trying to burn holes in the back of your head. You know this isn’t going to end well for you. Not when all his admirers are sending death glare at you. That why you had avoided him since school started. Coming back to school to find your friend practically changed into a whole new person, his appearance, joining the fraternity, even joining kendo, the rumours about him during term break. You knew right then you had to avoid him. You were doing so well until today. You had to bump right into him walking out of your lecture hall. Should have been more careful when one of the guys in his fraternity was actually in the same hall. The stares you are getting send shivers down your spine. Not wanting to actually count the pair of eyes burning holes on to you. You quickly breeze walk down the hall and out of school, far away from all the glaze.

 

-

 

It is not like you are not used to being stared at. Once you were the topic on everyone’s mouth, way before term break start. Honestly, you never like any attention to yourself. You like to blend into crowds and go by your day around lectures hall to complete your classes. You’re used to minding your own business and just go from classes to classes that was printed on your schedule. Until you met him, your friend, you guess, Baek Ho. Going through classes to classes, you practically have your schedules memorise. It was until one day, when you had just finished your last class of the day. Walking back to your dorm, like you do every day. You could practically do it with your eyes close. It was when you saw him, being crowded by a bunch of guys. You knew you should have just walked away and mind your own business. You’re here just to get a degree not to be involved in a fight if it ended badly. But part of your conscious couldn’t let you just unsee that. That’s why you curse out yourself in your head, as you walked up to the 4 guys crowding the poor scrawny guy. You might have look ridiculous. Especially when the 4 guys are towering over you as they are a good head taller. But you didn’t care, all you did was pulling the poor scrawny guy between all of them behind you. You might have been a laughingstock because the guy you’re protecting was also taller than you. Yet you’re here, standing infront him and them, declaring that you need your friend. With that, you pulled him with you, far away from all of them. As you deem the coast is clear, you turn back to the guy. As he pushed his square frame spec up the bridge of his nose. Not going to lie, he looks kind of cute. With his black straight hair and fringe just lying above the frame of his specs. His light brown sweater tucked into his black jeans. Paring it with a pair of black converses.

 

Baek Ho: Thank You…

Y/N: You should stand up for yourself you know.

Baek Ho: I know..

Y/N: Well.. you’re fine now right.

Baek Ho: Ya..

Y/N: Than I get going.

Baek Ho: Thank you again Y/N..

Y/N: You know my name??

Baek Ho: Ehm… We have accounting and statistics classes together.

Y/N: Oh…. I didn’t know.

Baek Ho: Hmmm… I’ll see you in class tomorrow?

Y/N: Ya sure. I’ll see you around. If you don’t actually get beaten up again.

 

Smiling at him, you turn to the direction you’re suppose to be a going. Little, did you know, both of the classes you took together was a common module. Classes like this meant the lecture hall is usually packed by at least hundreds of students. No one would actually know one another unless you talk to someone. Especially not their name. But that didn’t cross your mind at all, because all you were thinking about was to head back to your dorm. And little did you see the smile the grace his face. As a fond memory of you in the past replays in his head.

 

Baek Ho: Thank you for saving me again Y/N… You really didn’t change at all.

 

And because of this incident, you were the talk of people’s mouth for months.

 

As the morning comes by, you settle yourself down on to your seat in the lecture hall. Minding your own business, but you couldn’t help but see a few stares going your way. As you’re contemplating meeting all of their gaze. A mob of black hair comes into your view, settling himself beside you. As he faces you smiling at you.

 

Baek Ho: Good Morning!

Y/N: Morning

Baek Ho: My name is Baek Ho by the way, I just remember that I didn’t tell you that yesterday.

Y/N: Hmm..

 

Since then, he has been in your life everywhere suddenly. Beside you when both of you have the same class. If not, he would be outside your lecture hall waiting for you to end. Your friendship with him was not something you have expected. It just falls into place. Getting food from the cafeteria together. Meeting up in the morning at the same spot so he could walk you to your first class. Even if it means he would have to dash across the next building for his and come in 10 minutes late for his lecture. Which does not even make sense. You try to talk him out of it, but he would just dismiss your attempt every time. And as time pass you basically give up on even talking him out of it. Those group project together, where you have the same classes. Both of you are always at each other dorms, sleepless nights as you brainstorm together. Late night diner dash is both of your guilty pleasure. Especially cramping till midnight finishing your assignments. Everything about greasy burger at half past one in the morning satisfy both of your belly. As both of your belly filled, you would always stay up talking lot of nonsense. And just complaining about everything and anything that comes up to both of your minds. You remember the last trip to this burger joint. The last conversation both of you had before term break.

 

Y/N: Any plans for term break?

Beak Ho: I found a part time job at my local community pool. A lifeguard position.

Y/N: You??

Baek Ho: What’s that supposed to mean.

Y/N: You could barely protect yourself. How can you save someone? Do I need to remind you how we met?

Baek Ho: Rude…

Y/N: Well, just becareful. Don’t want you drowning instead. Especially when I’m not going to be there to save your .

Baek Ho: I’ll be perfectly fine alright.

Y/N: Hmmm.. If you say so..

Baek Ho: So, you have any plans?

Y/N: Might just go back and help out my parent’s cafe.

Baek Ho: Hmm..  Might drop by to get myself free coffee. You can do that at least for your best friend right?

Y/N: As my best friend I would charge you at a special rate. Double price for a cup of coffee. How about that.

Baek Ho: Cruel.

Y/N: You love me still.

But his respond got unheard to you, as he muttered while he was gulping down his drink at the same time.

 

Baek Ho: I do..

 

-

*Present*

 

Your stomach growling was distracting you from completing your last paragraph for your essay. Knowing fully well that you can’t continue like this. Especially not when you have been ignoring your growling stomach for the past half and hour try to finish this up. Maybe you should just get some take out back here. It’s not as if you’re going to get any sleep tonight. Reluctantly, putting on a jacket on and getting out of your comfortable room. You walked down the road towards the burger joint that you’re all so familiar with. Stepping into the shop, your nose is hit by the familiar greasy smell of burgers, eggs and bacon. Standing in line for your turn to order, you occupy yourself by getting on your phone. Scrolling through some post. Until you heard your name being called. Eyes moving to where the sound came from, you saw the head of lilac hair waving his hand frantically at you with a big smile on his face. You notice he was with a group of people, familiar face that are all from the fraternity. Getting up and running towards you, you didn’t know what to do. You’re not prepared to see anyone you know. Especially not him.

 

Baek Ho: Hey!

Y/N: Hi…

Baek Ho: I didn’t expect to see you here!

Y/N: Hmm… hungry

Baek Ho: Late night? You have an essay to hand in?

Y/N: Hmmm..

As you reached the counter, you ordered your food for take away. Giving the exact amount of cash, you stand on the side to wait for your number to be called. The figure behind you don’t go unnoticed, shifting side to side to follow where you went.

 

Y/N: Ain’t you going back to your friends?

Baek Ho: They’re fine without me. Plus, you’re my friend too. We haven spoken in so long.

Y/N: Hmm…

Baek Ho: I missed you….

 

You weren’t expecting that. You heart clench at his words as you try to calm yourself down. He didn’t mean it that way. He meant in a friendly way. Definitely a friendly way. As you try to calm your beating heart. You try to stop yourself before your minds go wandering other meanings of his words.

 

Baek Ho: I feel like we haven hang out in forever.

Y/N: That’s just exaggerating

Baek Ho: I’m serious.

 

You’re kind of relived that your number was called. Walking up to the counter to get your food, you turn back to give him a small smile and wave before you exit. But then you realised that he was following you out as well. Looking at him, brows frowning, kind of questioning him.

 

Baek Ho: I’m not about to let my friend walk back to the dorm in the middle of the night

Y/N: It’s a well-lighted path. It takes less than 5 minutes for me to get back.

 Baek Ho: Anything can happen within 5 minutes.

Y/N: What about your friends?

Baek Ho: What about them? I’m with my friend.

Y/N: You know what I meant.

Baek Ho: They’ll understand. Let just go. Don’t you have an essay to finish.

Y/N: Arghh.. you don’t have to remind me about it.

Baek Ho: Than who will. Come on!

 

Taking your hand, as he leads both of you back to your dorm. As you came face to face with your door, turning around wanting to bid him goodbye. You saw the hesitation in his eyes. As he shifts from one foot to another, staying close to your side. Hand in his pocket, you could make out something that was in it. But you have no idea what it was. But you really didn’t matter anyway. Because you could tell he was reluctant to leave. Maybe you really have been too mean to him the past weeks. Maybe you have really been creating so much distant between both of you that it has become so awkward now.

Since you have accidently bump into him again. He has been trying to contact you. Calls and text that you barely replied him to. You know he was trying very hard to keep the conversation going. You know he wants to ask why, you could see it in his eyes. But he didn’t, it was as if he was scared to hear the answer to his question. Yet you have no idea why. He doesn’t need you anymore. He’s well built, he could fend off anyone that tries anything with him. But it does not look like he would be bullied again. He is practically the popular kid in school now. He has girls all around wishing to get close to him. For whatever reason they have. He has tons of friends. But why is he here. All you did was fend off some guys that were trying to jump him. It’s not like you bring him back from the dead.

 

Y/N: Do you want to come in?

 

He eyes shot up to meet yours, eyes widen. He was not expecting you to really ask him that. Well, you’re surprise yourself as well. You didn’t know where it came from. Your heart is pounding as you try to keep your cool. Acting nonchalant.

 

Baek Ho: Ya.. sure. You could finish your essay and we could hang out by watching some films or like just talk like usual.

Y/N: Hmm..

 

Opening the door to your dorm and letting him in before locking behind him. You’re surprise to see your dormmate awake in the kitchen.

 

Mia: Hey!

Baek Ho: Hi Mia!

Mia: It’s been awhile since I saw you

Baek Ho: It has isn’t it.

 

Glaring at her, you know she was doing it on purpose. She knows why you have been avoiding a certain lilac head that was here. She knows because since term break has ended, that was all you have talked about. A certain lilac head that has a dramatic makeover that you could barely recognise as your friend anymore. How he had been a completely different person now. She has been here since the start. She saw how the black mop of hair start to follow you around the campus and why he had. She saw him often in the dorm that both of you shared, because she was there. She saw the sleepless night both of you had, the interaction both of you shared. It as if she knew something that you didn’t. She saw how your eyes lights up when you’re with him, and how his eyes light up the same when with you. Yet both of you are too blind of your own good. Because she was the one that you confessed to about having feelings for a certain boy that’s pale, skinny with a black mop of hair. And how she convinces you to confess. But things moved to fast, the next thing you knew term break was here. And you parted ways with a certain black mop of hair who has turn lilac. That was now standing in your kitchen. With all the rumours that you have heard about him.

 

Mia: Hmm… I wonder why. Well, if you need me, I’ll be in my room.

 

Staring daggers at your nonchalant dormmate even when she has already slip into her room with her door closed.

 

Baek Ho: Hey you alright?

Y/N: Ya…

 

Ignoring the concern in his eyes as you dismiss him. You walked to your room with him following closing behind you. Closing the door when he enters. Seating at your desk where you have your laptop prop up since before your supper run. You grab your burger out of the takeout bag and start to much on it. Multitasking as you try to type with one hand and eat with another. You forget about the additional presence in your room until he took the burger off your hand. Looking at him, he has already taken off his coat. Left in his black shirt and sweatpants. It was nothing new, but with his new hair colour it makes it stands out more. He has your extra stood prop up beside your desk, right next to you like usual. As he nudges your burger that was in his hand close to your mouth. It was something that make your heart clench again. You remember he would do this for you, because he says it’s faster this way and more efficient. You remember every time that he was over with nothing to do. He would feed you your food. Because he says you could type with both hands and eat without being distracted and being slowed down. You remember something as small as that make your heart skip a beat. One of the many reasons you have fell for the certain black mop of hair. Taking a bite, you look away from him, busy yourself with typing your essay. Typing sound filled your room as you took a bite every now and then when he nudges the burger close to your mouth. You’re sure that he has took a few bites for himself as well while stealing your fries as usual. But you could never have the heart to tell him off. Because you have a certain soft spot for the guy. Within half and hour, you have submitted your essay and finished your supper. And you’re left with a certain lilac mop with anticipation in his eyes.

 

Baek Ho: What do you want to do?

Y/N: Kind of tired already.

Baek Ho: Talk it is then. Off you go, get ready for bed.

 

Pushing you to your washroom as he cleans up the takeout wrappings. He got himself comfortable on your bed. As you waked out of your washroom with shirt and shorts for the night. He opens up the blanket he has been snuggling under, waiting for you to get in. You rolled your eyes, because he was always so demanding. As you got yourself in, you set up a distance between both of you, which makes him whine again.

 

Baek Ho: Come on! You’re letting all the cold air in. Why are you so far away? Come here!

 

He was finally satisfied with you lying on his chest your arms circle around his waist. As he was prop up on your bed frame his arms caging you to him. This was nothing new to you, yet your heart doesn’t have the decency to be pounding less in your chest. Especially when you’re lying on a hard chest instead of a soft one, you’re used to. He starts the conversation, as if knowing that you won’t talk first. He updates you about his term break. From how he got the job. How he was actually bullied by teenagers around both of your age that comes to the pool. How one of the fraternity guys stood up for him but he wanted it to be you instead. How the fraternity guy was also a lifeguard here, so they would be working together every day. How he naturally become friend with the guy. How he took him to the gym and teaches him how to use the machine. He helps him build his body to what he has today. He even introduces him to the rest of the fraternity guys. How all of them are really nice, that was how he ended up joining them? He even tells you that they wanted to meet you. Because he always talks about you and how both of you met. And how he always wanted to do kendo, and all of them took him to learn it. So, he didn’t really have the time to contact you. From his job, kendo and new friend. He didn’t mean to stop talk to you and how he tried to find you when school started. Even come up here, but you were not in your dorm every time he was. Until he finally bumps into you that day when you left your lecture. How he was really happy to finally see you again. You’re kinda of guilty hearing about that, because you knew he came up here. You begged Mia to always turn him away by saying you’re not in every time he was here.

 

Beak Ho: You know…. I knew..

Y/N: Knew what?

Baek Ho: I knew you were in every time I was here asking if you’re in. Even when Mia tells me you’re not.

Y/N: …

Baek Ho: Because your room door was closed. You never leave you room door close when you’re out. Your room door is always open when you leave the house.

Y/N:…

Baek Ho: Why… Did I do some thing wrong? Was it because I didn’t contact you during term break? You have every right to be mad at me you know. I understand, I’m sorry. You’re mad even now right. Because you’re trying so hard to avoid me, you barely brush off my text. You don’t answer my calls. Y/N… I… I really didn’t mean to. I was really busy..

Y/N: Why…

Baek Ho: Huh?

Y/N: Why did you even bother when you know I was avoiding you. You don’t need me now. You have tons of friends; you have no need of me. You’re popular now, I doubt you would get bullied by anyone again. Especially with your body now. I swear, I’m really curious if you’re taking steroids.

Baek Ho: Hard work and protein shake.

Y/N: Huh. As I was saying. You even have tons of girls all over you. You have your life in check, you’re basically at your peak now. So why? Why are you here?

Baek Ho: Because I much preferred being here then with all the girl pilling on me. Because I much rather be here, staying in with you then spending more time with the guys. No offense to them though, they’re fun to be with. I just want to come back to you at the end of the day. Because that is what I feel more at peace with. I just want to come back to you at the end of the day, come back to something real. Because being here, I feel like I’m still the same. Just you and me, you know. Did I make you feel like I don’t want you around me anymore? Do you want me to give all of that up? Because I would. In a heartbeat. I much rather prefer this.

Y/N: No… what I am to tell you what to do or not. This is your life you get to do decide what you want. I’m not going to ask you to give up your friends for me. I would never do that. I’m not mad at you. We’re still friends, I’m still here. I’m not going anywhere.

Baek Ho: But why do I feel like you’re so far away from me, even when you’re here… Why are you avoiding me, even until now? Why am I scared to find out the reason? Why do I feel like you have already pushed me out of your life?

Y/N: It’s hard okay… You’re just… different now. Like I just need time to be used to the new you.

Baek Ho: How long will that take… I’m still me thought. Have I really changed so much?

Y/N: I’m just not used to it. Especially when we’re seen together. I can’t deal with the girls staring daggers at me. How would I know that any of your one-night stand would not drag me to a corner of a dark alley and beat me up just for talking to you?

Baek Ho: Wait what?? What one-night stands?

Y/N: You know I’m very open about it right. You don’t have to be embarrassed or hide it. You’re much more good looking now. Hot even, of cause all the girls want a piece of your again after one time.

Baek Ho: Sorryy.. you lost me at good looking. But not I’m not that “good looking” or “hot” that you’re saying. And what one-night stand. I’m a the last time I check, and I never talk to any girl before. Especially have a one-night stand with anyone. You’re the only girl I ever talked to.

 Y/N: Wait what??

Baek Ho: Where did that even come from?

Y/N: All the girls in school were talking about it. How good you are in bed and stuff.

Baek Ho: Well that’s a first. It’s the first time I’m hearing about this. Why didn’t you think about asking me first?

Y/N: Well, I just assume. How would I know all of them are lying? I don’t want to deal with getting beaten up by them. Have you seen how they stare at me?

Baek Ho: No, I didn’t. Because I only look at you. Or in fact, trying to find you. But you know I wouldn’t let anything happen to you right?

Y/N: What? you’re going to protect me now. Just because you have a muscle now and you think you can be prince charming? Saving a damsel in destress? I’ll let you know, this damsel does not need any saving, because she has no need for any prince charming to sweep her off her feet.

Baek Ho: I would never doubt that. You’re capable of doing that. And I’m not any prince charming. I’m more like a side kick. A side kick that stays with you that you bring everywhere. Like the chameleon that Rapunzel has. It’s like you and me.

Y/N: That’s actually kind of true not going to lie.

Baek Ho: So… are you going to stop avoiding me?

 

You look up at him, eyes meeting his. Giving him a small nod, because you know even if you did continue to ignore him, he would find a way to end up like this again. This will just be a never-ending process of confrontation. So, it better to just agree with him for the time being. And try to sort out your little problem by yourself. He seems satisfied with your respond; even though you could tell he knows there was something you’re keeping from him. But he is scared he might chase you away again. So, he just has to accept the little nod as assurance first. Before finding out what you’re hiding, maybe Mia would tell him. But this will just have to do for now. He pulled you closed to him chin resting on your head.

 

Baek Ho: Can I stay here tonight. I’m tired.

Y/N: Since when do you ask. You always crash here like it’s your own dorm.

Baek Ho: Just want to make sure…

Y/N: Hm…

 

Adjusting himself, as he plops on to your bed and switch the lamp beside your bedside off. Darkness filled the room as he pulls the blanket up your chin. Tucking you in making sure you’re all covered. Because he knows how easily you get cold. Finally satisfied, he pulled you closer to him, for heat purposes. He tells himself that, not because of the pounding of his heart. And not because he actually has his own little secret he had be harbouring. That has something to do with you. As your grip loosen on his waist and breath even out. His question was unanswered as he speaks into the darkness of your room.

 

Baek Ho: Why do I feel like you’re still slipping further away from me even when I have you right here in my arms.

 

The smell of food lingers in the air, waking up a messy head of lilac. Noticing the lack of presence and warm beside him. He shrugs out of the blanket, padding his leg down the hallway where the smell came from. Stopping infront of the dining table, seeing your roommate with a plate of half eaten breakfast infront of her. While you stood by the stove still cooking up some more portion of food.

 

Mia: Morning sleepyhead!

Baek Ho: Morning Mia!

Y/N: Morning!

 

Walking past the dining table to where you are. His arm circle around your waist, forehead leaning on your shoulder. As he whispers a soft ‘Morning’ to you.

 

Mia: It’s been so long, I forgot how sickening lovely both of you are. Just date already! Do you know hard is it to see both of you pining each other for so long? I’m going to class now, if not I might puke out my breakfast. See you when I see you, I guess. Bye!

 

Both of you tense at the words your dormmate uses. As the door to your dorm click shut, it was only then you snap out of your thought. Finish plating the last portion on to the plate while the arms that circles around your waist hasn’t let go. It wasn’t until you put both of your plate down the table, he is willing let go of you. Digging into his sweatpants for something. As he reached out, you stare at the content on his hand. Why does this guy even have a bunch of hair tie in his pocket? Looking back at you he puts it in your hand, smiling up at you. As he situates himself in the seat and start digging into his plate. You seat yourself down and look at the head of lilac infront of you.

 

Y/N: What’s with the hair tie??

Baek Ho: I remember you told me one night before term break started, that you always lose your hair tie. Complaining how annoying it was. I come across this during the break and it remind me of you. So, I had to get it. I didn’t know when I would bump into you. So, I bring it everywhere with me. I didn’t actually have the chance to give it to you until now. 

Y/N: I wasn’t complaining….

Baek Ho: Right.. you’re just frustrating voicing out your thoughts.

 

-

*2 Weeks Later*

 

Mia: I heard the campus festival is going to have a full-on ferries wheel, bumper car and shooting games. I can’t wait!!!

Y/N: I’m just looking forward to the food.

Mia: I can’t wait for tonight! I’m gonna win all the toys that I can

Y/N: You’re going to go broke

Mia: Pshhh… Are you doubting my skills?!

Y/N: No comments…

Mia: Some friend you are.. Oh… your mum is dropping by, today right?

Y/N: Yup in a few hours’ time. She is bringing some grocery for us as well

Mia: A life saver. But I have class to attend to. Tell her I miss her alright!

Y/N: Will do. You don’t want to be late for class!

Mia: See you tonight!

Y/N: Hm.. See you!

 

As the door close shut, you’re left at the dorm alone. Trying to be productive, you took your laundry bag out and load the machine. Cleaning around the house, while putting everything back in its place. Without knowing, the time fly pass faster than you thought. Stopping from you from your cleaning, as the doorbell rang. Opening it up, while welcoming your mum in. She basically walked right into the kitchen first with all her bags for grocery. Loading up the fridge and cabinet, a knock came soon after. Not expecting, you opened your door curious on who was on the other side. You’re met with a mop of lilac, bright smile graces his face as his eyes met yours. Pushing your door wider to let himself in. Standing there in question, you look at him waiting for him to say something about his sudden appearance.

 

Baek Ho: My class just ended. I just want to see if you want to go to the festival together later on.

Your Mum: Y/N whose at the door?

 

Walking out from the kitchen, you mum joins you to greet the guest. A brighter smile graces his face when he was looking at your mum.

 

Y/N: Mum. This is Baek ho, my friend.

Baek Ho: Hi Ms Y/L/N

Your Mum: OMG! Baek Ho? It’s been so long?! You have grown so big. What happen to you? It’s been so long since I have seen you! How’s your mum?

 

Looking at your mum in shocked, as he embraces the mop of lilac in her arms. While she proceeds to turn him around looking at him form top to bottom. Just what in the world was going on. How did he even know your mum? How did your mum even know him? What have you missed? What does she mean by it’s been so long?

 

Beak Ho: I just worked out a lot.

Your Mum: Wow.. You’re not that small little tiny kid that hides behind her anymore huh. But somethings never change after so long. You’re still following her everywhere she went?

Baek Ho: You could say so..

Y/N: Wait.. wait wait just what in the world is going on? How do you even know him?

You Mum: You don’t remember him??

Y/N: Am I missing something?

Your Mum: remember when you were 5. The Kang’s moved in a few streets from us. The little boy who got bullied in school?

Y/N: Wait… it can’t be…

You Mum: You remember you beat up a few guys from your class to protect him. We got called in by your teachers. The small tiny pale boy that you saved. Who followed you around everywhere after that incident? I remember he told me he would grow up faster so he could become big and strong to protect you in return?

Y/N: The Kang’s that moved out after 2 years?

You Mum: Yup, that you cried to me about two more years. Because you missed that little boy, your friend that you called your teddy bear.

Y/N: It can’t be…

You Mum: Is that why you started working out?

Baek Ho: ….

Y/N: Wait… Did you know all along that we knew each other when we were younger?

Baek Ho: hmm..

Y/N: How???

Your Mum: That’s not important now! What’s important is that I need to catch up with him and his mum.

 

Your question goes unanswered as your mum swept him away from you. Dragging him with her about how she missed his family. You stood there bewildered, trying to proceed all the information that you have just learned. Your teddy bear, the tiny little boy who always follow you everywhere you go in kindergarten. Your teddy bear, that you have spend all your 2 year playing only with him. Your teddy bear whose was practically joined to your hips for two years. Was the same guy you have saved again from being bullied? The same guy who is spotting a lilac hair. The same guy who followed you everywhere again in college. Just how did you not recognise him. Just how did he even recognise you. And why did he never mention anything to you. Breaking out of your senses, you followed where the two voices was coming from. Choosing to seat on the couch and listen to whatever their saying instead of participating. As your eyes can’t help but stray to the mop of lilac, wondering to yourself, just how…

Colourful bright lights surround you, as the smell of cotton candy and corndog gaze your nose. The festival is kinda crowded, but you’re glad that at least there are fun festival games here. The night had long fallen as the colourful lights are the only one that torturing your eyes, but you don’t mind it. You’re just thinking about how you’re going to get your hands on some corndog and cotton candy later. Looking around, you’re thinking of what kind of games you should also play first. Especially coming here with not only your roommate but with the mop of lilac and 2 guys that Mia has last minute brought with her. You recalled one that has curly hair was Mark while the other spotting a white and bule stripe shirt is called Jin Young.

 

Mark: Anything in mind you want to do or play first?

Y/N: The bumper car seems nice

 

Now you’re just glad that both of them seems friendly and easy to talk to. As all of you make your way to the bumper car ride, you engage yourself by talking to Mark. Not to your knowing, a pair of eyes is staring at both of your interaction through his mop of lilac. As his lip’s downturn, not knowing how to interfere with the conversation. The night passed by faster than you have thought. As all of you are queuing for the last ride of the night. Waiting patiently to board the Ferris wheel. As the cabin is emptied, and the staff usher all of you in. Taking only a step infront, only to be pulled back by a strong arm. Your back hitting his firm chest as you looked up at him in question. Looking at the rest of your friends in the cabin as the door closes. You could see Mia winked at you while the two other guys with her look just as confuse as you. While the following cabin descends and has been emptied. He grabs your hand, interlacing them, as he leads you in. Sitting both of you down, side by side in the cabin. Shoulders touching. His hand still interlaces with yours, as he looks out of the cabin, gaze away from you. You take a chance to take in his profile. Using your gaze to trace the line of his jaw to the slope down his nose. Has he always been that good looking? That absolute bull, you knew he was good looking even before his change. Snapping out of your thought as he speaks up. Gaze still away form you, looking at view outside.

 

Baek Ho: Did you have fun?

Y/N: Hmm… I guess…

Baek Ho: Was it because of him?

Y/N: What?

Baek Ho: Mark.. You seem like you’re have a great time with him today.

Y/N: He’s okay, he is easy to talk to

Baek Ho: Am I not?

Y/N: What?

Baek Ho: Am I not easy to talk to?

Y/N: I’m not saying that.

Baek Ho: But you barely spare me a glance tonight.

Y/N: Baek… I’m just trying to be friendly. They are Mia friends.

Baek Ho: I’m your friend.

Y/N: As my friend, I thought you would be more understand of the situation.

Baek Ho: Why do I still feel like you’re so far away from me?

Y/N: What are you talking about?

Baek Ho: Ever since after term break. I still feel like there something you’re not telling me. Something you’re hiding from me. And I know I shouldn’t pressure you or anything. But it’s just been on my mind for so long. What’s the actual reason you’re pushing me away and avoiding me that time. Even up till know I can still feel the distance.

Y/N: Baek…

 

This time he turns back to you, looking into your eyes, as if pleading you to end his misery.

 

Baek Ho: Was it something I have done?

Y/N: No.. I was something I should have done. But I don’t know if I should anymore.

Baek Ho: What are you talking about.

Y/N: It might ruin our friendship if I were to tell you.

Baek Ho: We can sort it out. Whatever it is.

Y/N: I don’t think we could..

Baek Ho: How could we when you don’t even tell me what’s up?

Y/N: I like you okay!

Baek Ho: …

Y/N: I like you. I was about to confess my feelings to you before term break. But there was so many things going on and suddenly we are going our own way through term break. Not to say we didn’t even contact each other then.

Baek Ho: I told you why. I apologised to you.

Y/N: And when we finally came back to school. You changed. Your friends, the girls.

Baek Ho: I told you, I would drop everything for you.

Y/N: That’s not what I want. You’re happy now. Everything in your life is going so well. How can I just ask you to ditch your friends? I don’t want that.

Baek Ho: I was happy then.

Y/N: You’re happier now.

Baek Ho: That’s because I fulfilled what I promise when I was younger. And I’m always the happiest when I’m with you.

Y/N: What are you talking about?

Baek Ho: I would grow up faster than you, so I can protect you instead.

Y/N: I don’t understand…

Baek Ho: Your favourite colour is lilac.

Y/N: What…

Baek Ho: You asked me if I know it was you all along. To tell you the truth, I knew it since the day you come by and saved me.

Y/N: How…?

Baek Ho: Your eyes, I could never forget them.

 

And with that, his lips met yours. Taking you by surprise. His arms pulled you closer to him, choosing to wrap it around your waist. As you finally snap out of it. You instantly melt into his kiss. Hand tugging him lower to you, as you savour the moment. Finally, only pulling apart when both of you are out of breath. His place a finally kiss on your lips for good measures.

 

Baek Ho: I told you we can sort it out.