Sight

Nu'est One Shot

aron-1.jpg

 

*10 Years Ago*

‘Are you looking for this?’

Not expecting the voice, you jump up on the spot from where you are. Kneeling on the ground finding your only source of item that are practically your eyes.

 

‘Is this yours?’

 

The voice said again, sound really young, you bet he is around the same age as you. Upon hearing him, you felt your walking stick touch your hand. Thanking him, before grabbing it. Trying to stand from where you are. But felt a warm hand helping you up as well.

 

‘Why are you sitting here alone?’

‘I can’t walk around here, I might hurt myself by running in to things.’

‘Let’s play together then!’

‘I don’t thing it is a good idea’

‘I’ll be your eyes! It’s the playground, you’re missing out on a lot. Let me show you! I promise I won’t put you in danger.’

‘Okay’

With that he took your walking stick form you, holding both of your hands guiding you slowly until he stops. And ask you to sit. Being sceptical, but you decide to trust him instead. He puts both of his hands on both side of your arm and guide you to sit. Upon finally sitting, you felt very unsafe. Why are you practically sitting on a belt. It was not until he guides both of your hands to the chain that was beside you. You kind of panic, not know what this is and what is he trying to do. As if sensing your unease.

 

‘It’s okay! Just hold tight, I won’t let you get hurt, I’m your eyes afterall!’

 

With that you ease a little. Until you feel wind running through your face as your seat swing up and down. It was nothing like anything you have ever felt before. You have never felt so light and not worried about anything.

 

Every since then, he really did became your eyes. Insisting on going to the same school and class. Following you around and hanging out with you all day. Bringing you to experience new things that you have never dared to do because of your imparity. Both of you are partially glued by the hips and everyone knows that if the see either one of you, the other is near by. Nobody actually questions why are both of you so close. All of the are just naturally use to it after seeing it a few times.

 

*3 Years Ago*

Neither did you question it. Why did he even approached you then first place 10 years ago at the play ground. And why is he still hanging out with you when you know surely he has a lot of friends in school that he always hangs out with as well. Especially he is practically the popular kid in school, girls flawing all over him shamelessly even when you're just right beside him. While guys in the hall way will try a start up a conversation with him. You didn't really have to see to know it.

 

Every time you try and ask him why did he even hangs out with you. He will just find the most ridiculous answer and turn it in to a dad joke. He will never actually straight out give you a reason, and he can never be serious about giving an  answer. Which makes him seems even more suspicious. Not only that he is really close to your parents as well. Growing up, since that day at the play ground, you parents found both of you playing together. It was the only reason why both of you are put in the same class growing, it was requested by both of your parents. But it was as if they have something to hid about, they Are always talking about things you can't understand.

 

Not only that, it's not helping when your heart flutters when he holds your hand instead of your walking stick to guide you around. Something he say about getting around easier this way. And it is totally not helping when both of you are constantly together all the time. Sleeping over at each other's places, him watching movie while explaining to you what is happening on the screen while snacking away in his room at 3 am, running to the convivence store at the most weird timing ever because both of you ran out of snacks, taking his family dogs out to walk. What you like most was him involving you in the most basic everyday things to do, that you would never experience if you never met him. And it is not helping when your heart keeps fluttering with just his voice.

 

*2 Years Ago*

Y/N: Do you ever wonder wat's it like to have a soulmate?

 

Turning to you, facing you, the only source of light was from the tv screen in front of both of you, that was lighting up your face from across the bed.

 

Aron: Why would you ask that?

Y/N: Sometimes I wonder if I even have a soulmate.

Aron: Everyone has one don't they?

Y/N: I don't feel anything, I don't taste anything, I can hear & smell. The only thing is I can't see. I don't even know if that's even the link I share with my soulmate. How can I tell who is my soulmate when I can't even see him. I can't even see black & white. I can't experience the joy of only seeing black & white and suddenly seeing colours for my soulmate. Isn't it too cruel.

Aron: Our soulmate might be link with us by our 5 sense. But what I feel is that all of us are link by our hearts. We don't really need our 5 sense to tell us that that is our soulmate.

Y/N: Have you found your soulmate et?

Aron: I actually did.

 

And with that, you felt your heart sinking.

 

Y/N: I don’t want to talk about it anymore...

Aron: Let's go to sleep then.

 

As your breathes even out, and slumber calls upon you. You hear his voice softly saying 'I Love You' before you felt a pair of lips on your forehead. And when morning comes, you only convince yourself that it was just a dream. There is no way it's real. It wouldn't be. You need to get this heart flutter mess you have for him gone.

 

*3 Weeks Ago*

Ji Yeon: Omg I can't believe you're actually doing this without your parents here and all.

Y/N: I just want tit to be a surprise and all  

Ji Yeon: Packing your bag and lying to your parents saying your going on a trip with me for a few weeks. Just to go get an operation was not what I had in mind.

Y/N: I know I'm freaking scared now. I'm having an operation in less then an hour.

Ji Yeon: Are you sure you don't want to tell them about it?

Y/N: I want to be it's going to wok and not get their hopes up.

Ji Yeon: I can't believe you didn't even tell Aron about this.

Y/N: I want it to be a surprise!

Ji Yeon: I know. I'm freaking out as well. You'll be alright okay. The operation will be successful. They did say that they found a match for you right.

Y/N: Yup, they did.

Ji Yeon: I can't believe you might be able to see soon.

Y/N: I hope. After years of growing up only seeing light.

Ji Yeon: It's going to be alright. I'll be outside waiting for you.

Y/N: Thank you for accompanying me.

Ji Yeon: No big deal. I'm your best friend after all right. Not forgetting Aron.

 

*2 Weeks Ago*

'How are you Feeling'

Y/N: A little bit sleepy

'Are the glasses working?'

Y/N: Yup, it's less blurry than before. I could see the shape of an object now.

'Good, your eyes are still sensitive to light. So keep the glasses on and maybe in a week or two you're good to go. Might take even longer for your eyes to adjust to light and stop wearing the glasses. But at least you could slowly see things now.

 

 

*1 Week Ago*

'Follow where my finger is moving'

Ji Yeon: How is she?

'She is good to go. But it's best if she keeps wearing the glasses a few more weeks. And come back for check up next week.'

Ji Yeon: OMG! You can really see me?

Y/N: Yes I can!

Ji Yeon: I can't believe this is happening.

Y/N: I might need to stay with a few more few than expected.

Ji Yeon: Don't you want to surprise them now?

Y/N: I just want my eyes to fully heal before I surprise all of them.

Ji Yeon: You're more than welcome to! I can't wait to see all of their expression.

 

*Present*

It's been a few weeks since you begin to see things now. And for the first time, you're looing at your surrounding without your glasses until the past few weeks. All in black and white as kind of you expected. Told by your doctor, because you told him you could only see 2 kinds of colours that you don't know what to call them. Kind of relief thought. At least you now know that, you actually have a soulmate. And you just can't wait to finally get to meet them and see them.

You decided to take a walk down to a familiar play ground. Letting your mind and memory guide you to it. Sitting on the same except bench 10 years ago. Watching children running around, feeling the wind blowing lightly. Everything is so surreal and new to you. Until a familiar voice broke your trill of thoughts and peaceful.

 

Aron: Y/N??

 

Turning to the direction of the voice. You take in the person infront of you, until your surrounding suddenly filled with different colours. Black and white was slowly fading away replaced with colours you don't even know what to call. Making you head dizzy from all the suddenly explosion of colours. Bringing your hands up to your head trying to relived the sudden dizziness.

 

Aron: Y/N? Are you okay? What's going on? Where is Ji Yeon? Why are you alone? I though you're coming back only next week?

 

Furrowing you brows, you look down at the guy squatting down look up at you so worried. Not even noticing that you eyes has met his. Laughing to yourself how funny it is.

 

Aron: Why are you laughing? Are you okay? Y/N?

Y/N: Your eyes are pretty

Aron: What?

Y/N: Your eyes have a nice shade of brown. Brown right? You told me before about your eye colour once.

Aron: What? Brown yes. Why does that...

Y/N: It's pretty, I can stare at it all day.

 

 

Looking at the expression on his face change was funny. From a confuses look going to a shocked expression. Till him fanatically waving his hands infront of your face. Making you laugh hysterically while grabbing his hand down infront of you. Making him speechless, eyes tearing up a little. You can still tell he is shocked and not believing what he was seeing.

 

Aron: Y/N....

Y/N: Did you know all along?

Aron: Huh...

Y/N: You knew all along I was your soulmate?

Aron: Yes. The moment I saw you sitting here all alone 10 years ago.

 

And with that your eyes fill up with tears, engulfing your soulmate in a tight hug.

 

Aron: What is going on? You can see now? How?

Y/N: I lied about going for a trip with Ji Yeon. I when to get an corneal transplant. Since I was born, my parents has put me on the waiting list for it. And just a month ago I got a call of the hospital saying they have a suitable corneal for me. I ask them not to inform my parents about it because I wanted it to be a surprise.

Aron: You when in to an operation alone?!!  

Y/N: Ji Yeon was with me the whole time.

Aron: ! Don't scare me like that anymore!

 

Engulfing you in another hug, he nuzzled his face in between your neck to seek for comfort.

 

Aron: I can't believe you can really see now.

Y/N: Me too.. I can't believe I'm actually staring at my soulmate. How long are you going to hide it from me.

Aron: I just didn't know how to tell you

Y/N: To thought I was actually going to give you up when you said you found your soulmate. My heart shattered.

Aron: I'm sorry. It's has been you all along and it's always going to be only you. You know that.

Y/N: Now it makes sense to me why you always avoided the topic of me asking you why you started hanging out with me and still hangs out with me.

Aron: Because you're are you. That's why.

 

Lifting his head up from in between your neck, he place a longing firm kiss on the side of your head.

 

Aron: I Love You...