The Boss (Aron)

Nu'est One Shot

aron-.jpg

 

He doesn’t even know why he is here. Because he doesn’t even drink coffee or any type of caffeine. But he is here walking in to the café again. For the 3rd time this week. He has been here more than 10 times for the past 3 weeks. More than he has come to a café in his whole 26 years combine.

Oh. But he knows the reason exactly why he was here. Just 3 weeks ago on a night, he stumbles upon this café when trying to sneak away from some other gang members. Whom was jealous and angry at them for the combine of Nu’est and Seventeen. He knows fully well that he they have no power to go against him. But he was too unbothered to deal with them. So, he walked right in to the back of the café sitting himself down. Because he knows fully well that, any gang member couldn’t cause a scene right out in public. Because they would get caught by the police. It was hard running a gang in this town, with all the tight security. But he was proud he did well, combing the gang with Seventeen. With 2 of the biggest gang combine in this town, both gangs had nothing to worry about.

Stumbling upon this café is the start of everything. He might be the only one that come in to this café asking for decaf coffee, when the menu clearly didn’t indicate there was any in this café. Making poor you, who was new in this café. Barely working here for a week, stun. You stare at him as if he had a third pair of leg growing out of him.

 

Y/N: Ehmm…. Maybe I could make you some hot chocolate?

Aron: You have hot chocolate?

Y/N: It’s not on the menu, but I could make it for you. I have chocolate powder for mocha. But I’m not certain it doesn’t contain caffeine.

Aron: I guess that is my best bet! I’ll get the hot chocolate then.

 

After that day, Aron has been coming in quite often. Sitting at the back of the café every time. Same table, same drink. And it became a habit to sit with him during your break, if he was in. And both of you instantly click. It didn’t take long to know him and how he is. Funny, loud, embarrassing (mostly due to his dad jokes). Those hours spend together turn to become your favourite part of your day.

But what bothers you the most was that, you are hoping he would ask you out. You tried asking him out a few times. On your off days, wanting to spend more time with him like a date. But he always rejects you. Coming up with reasons that seems ridiculous. You can’t denial that every time he gives you a excuse, your heart sink a bit more. The constant let down and hope you had, has demolish. And today was the day you finally snap.

 

Y/N: You know. If you’re not interested. You could have just straight up rejected me.

Aron: You know it’s not that. I’m just busy.

 

He stayed till closing time today. He did that occasionally. So, you decided to try your luck again. Asking him out when you’re cleaning all the equipment’s, closing the store soon. As usual he came up with an excuse, always saying he is going to be busy with work.

 

Y/N: You’re always using excuses. Why not just say that you’re not interested. I’ve been asking you out and when I say out, I meant out on a date. But you always come up with the most ridiculous excuse you could to put me aside.

Aron: It’s not that. Really.

Y/N: Well, whatever. I’m done trying. If you’re so busy with work or what not, you should have not come to the café anymore.

Aron: Y/N…

Y/N: I see no point in this.

Aron: Y/N I care about you. Believe me when I tell you that when I’m here I could finally be myself.

Y/N: So, I’m just an escape to you. Or maybe you’re just embarrassed of being seen with me.

Aron: Y/N, you know it’s not that.

Y/N: Well, I’m sorry I’m not like some successful person like you. I’m just plain o me, a poor girl working in a café barely manage to feed herself and pay rent.

 

You saw the hurt in his eyes, as you lash that out to him. While locking up the café door. Turning around to leave to your apartment. Leaving him at the café steps. All of a sudden you heard a shout from him. Calling your name. footsteps running to you. But you didn’t care, you didn’t want to show him how vulnerable you are. Especially when you just lash your feelings out on him.

And before you know it, someone grabbed you. Grabbing you to face Aron, seeing him run to you. As you felt a cold metal object on your neck. You froze. As Aron stand just a few steps infront of you, you could see the horror on his face.

 

‘Well, well, well. I finally have something that could be of use to threaten the big boss.’

Aron: Leave her out of this.

‘Not so powerful anymore huh.’

Aron: Let her go.

‘Where is the fun in that?’

Y/N: What is happening?

‘Oh.. You didn’t tell her, did you? Does Nu’est ring a bell to you? Let me give you a hint. Your boyfriend here is the head of that gang.’

Aron: SHUT UP!

‘What? The boss of such big gang couldn’t even protect his little girlfriend. What would happen if this got out?’

 

You could tell Aron was raging with anger. Biting his tongue back, because he didn’t want to risk the chance of you getting hurt. He looked at you then down to the guy’s leg. And with that, on cue. Everything was happening so fast. You stomp on the guys leg. Making him grunt, as he loosens his hold a little. With that chance. Aron pulled you to his chest. And all you heard after that was a gun shot.

You didn’t know what to do. You practically froze on his chest. You didn’t dare to move. You can’t as well, because Aron has an arm tighten on your back to prevent you from moving away from him.

 

Aron: Min drive here now. Bring Baek.

 

Both of you stay there for a few minutes before you hear a car pull up beside both of you.

 

Aron: Baby, I need you to close your eyes. Could you do that for me?

 

You didn’t know what to do but complied. Nodding, as you shut your eyes. You let him guide you towards the car, as he helped you in. Getting himself in at the driver side. Both of you was speeding down the streets in no time.

 

Aron: Baby, you could open your eyes now.

 

You opened you eyes as the car came to a stop. You looked around realising you’ve reached your apartment. He got out of his car, opening the door for you to get out. Walking up your apartment with you in silence, As, you opened the door to your apartment. You didn’t know what to say. He cleared his throat as he starts to speak. As you turn to face him for the first time after that incident.

 

Aron: I’m sorry. I’m sorry you have to experience that. You must be so scared of me now.

Y/N: Well, at least I know why you’re so busy now.

Aron: Y/N… … This is what I feared the most. I didn’t want anything to happen to you. I tried to distant myself from you. I keep coming up with excuse because I couldn’t be seen out with you. Because if I did, things like this would happen. I really don’t know anymore. Y/N I really like you. Like, like like you. But.. I know you’re scared of me now. I didn’t come up with excuses because I didn’t want to go out with you. I care about you, especially your safety. I…i… . This is so messed up. I need to go. I’m sorry if I scared you. You won’t see me ever again. I know you won’t want to anyway. Especially after this.

 

He sighs, eyes started to tear a bit. He was blaming himself for not being more careful and getting you in to this. He broke out of his thoughts, when you reach out to him. Tugging on the end of his shirt. As he lifts his head, his eyes met yours. For the first time after the incident.

 

Y/N: Stay…

Aron: Wh..at..

Y/N: I’m scared. Please stay…..

 

And with that, he felt like he could breathe again. Pouncing on you in a bone crushing hug. He buried his face at the side of your head. As he tried to calm his breath and heart. Not accepting that it was really happening. He whispered to you. As his voices shakes. Arm tighten around you, as if he was scared that you would regret it and push him away at any moment.

 

Aron: Really? Are you sure?

 

You nod your head, that was buried on his chest. As he leads both of you in the house backwards together. Refusing to let go of you. Making sure the door slam shut. Walking till he reaches your bedroom. Dropping both of you on the bed sideway. Enjoying each other’s warm. Listening to his heartbeat and soft breath. Falling asleep after a long unexpected day in each other arms. Hearts warmer.