CHAPTER II

Nu'est One Shot

mimi🐢 Twitterissä: "NU'EST W JR Kim Jonghyun from Dispatch HD Photo of  Who, You Jacket Shoot (3) #NUEST_W #DEJAVU #WHO_YOU #뉴이스트W #JR… "

 

It wasn’t supposed to be like this. Staring at the test stick in your hand. You don’t know what to do, as the two lines stare back straight at you. As if you don’t feel like when your own boyfriend has to marry his best friend. And you have a fiancé as well. Everything wasn’t supposed to be like this. You were just in love with the boy that stumble into your life, literally.

 

-

 

As you walked out right into the hallway to your next class. A head of brown mob stumble in front of you. While he tries to stable himself. As he looks up, you’re met with the cutest boy you have ever seen. Doe eyes, cheeks a little flushed. He apologised and gave you a small smile that make your heart when “uwu”. He scratches the back of his neck as he tries to get his next word out. Introducing himself to you. As he tries to ask for your number. And you gave it to him willingly. You know you’ll be seeing him around a lot pretty soon. Excusing yourself for you next class. You dash across the hall trying to be on time. As the lingering stare of his follows your back all the way. As a smile makes it’s way to his lips. His heart might have skipped a few beats for you.

The cute doe eye boy became a huge part of your life. He wasn’t subtle at all. Or would you say he doesn’t know how to hide his expression and feelings well. You could always see right through him. That’s the purest traits of his you might have fallen for, out of all the things. You love how you can tell how much he adores you. How he tries to ask you out the first few times on the phone. Trying not to stutter but failing as you could clearly tell how nervous he was. The stuttering mess of a boy brought you out to a nice diner and the movie theatre afterwards. Insisting on paying for everything and even pushing his coat towards you in the theatre saying that it would be cold. The date ended by him standing infront of your porch as he bid you goodbye with a squeeze on your hand. One date turns in to a lot more.

And in the end, you’re the one asking him to be your boyfriend. Because he could hardly even speak to you without stuttering. You find it endearing though. But no matter how endearing it is, he has yet to pop the question. That’s why impatient you, had to ask him first. You still remember the shock on his face as he tries to understand and take in what you had just said. Face and ears blushing red. And with a small nod after about 5 minutes of his own mental breakdown in his head. Both of you are officially together. Things was pretty much the same. The only difference was both of you being glue to the hip. What you do notice was his girl best friend, Ara though. You notice how distance she was to him since he started talking to you. Well, your instincts have been telling you that she liked him. And you could clearly tell your boyfriend has no idea at all. But you could also tell she is being respectful by distancing herself because of the relationship. You really don’t mind that he has a girl best friend. It’s sad in a way because you feel like you’re breaking up their friendship. You tried to talk to her sometimes when you see her. She was nothing but nice. You wished you could be friends with her as well. But you feel it’s a hopeful one, due to the circumstances. You thought things will just sort of fall into each other naturally with time. But boy were you wrong.

The next thing you knew was that your boyfriend was stomping into your apartment telling you that he had to marry his best friend. Saying about how he has no say in anything that the parents want. And how angry and frustrated he is. To say you‘re surprise is an understatement. But none the less, both of you didn’t know what to do. He still has a wedding to do. One way you’re angry at the situation. Angry at the how not only him that he doesn’t have a choice and say in this. You knew your time could come as well. You’ll also have to marry someone your parents choose. Since their business is growing and it would benefit them even more, by offering their daughter. It’s a duty that both of you have. But also, in a way you’re sad because you have no idea what is going to happen to both of your relationship now.

Without fail, he would come over every night to spend with you. Both of you cuddling under your covers. Trying to comfort one another and reassuring that your love for each other is greater than anything. Nights like this, just you and him, in the safety of your room. It nice to pretend whatever is happening, wasn’t. It’s comforting until both of you have to go to work in the morning. That’s when the comfort of your covers could no longer shield both of you of the reality. You know he tries not to say anything about his up coming wedding. But you can’t help but ask about how much planning has already been set. In the end he would constantly avoid the topic and reassure you that he loves you and only you. Because you’re the only one he would want to come home to at the end of the day. You could tell he was hurting as much as you. But there is nothing both of you can do, while the wedding date draw closer.

You try to bring up about Ara a few times, and what you heard from him was devastating. About how he don’t talk to her anymore. Because anything about her, reminds him of the reality he has to face. It hurts because, they were once best friend. And their friendship had become like this. If your boyfriend is hurting, how much more was Ara hurting. You try to talk to him about how selfish he was acting. And how his anger is getting the best of him. As Ara didn’t have a say in this also. You try to tell him about how he should talk things out with Ara as well, before their friendship would be ruin by all of this. And how she might be hurting too. But just like you expect, he would just bush it off saying it wasn’t important right now.

And just as you expected, a week before your boyfriend’s wedding. Your parents told you that you would be marrying Baek Ho. Saying how they are having a partnership with them to increase awareness of their own tech. And how Baek Ho’s parents want him to settle down already. As everyone was already settling down. So, they hope this marriage would helps stop all of their son’s rumours and sleeping habits. And also salvage their reputation. You remember telling your boyfriend that night. As both of you escape to the safety of your covers again. Reassuring each other that everything will be alright. When both of you clearly knows that it wasn’t.

You met Baek Ho, just a few days before the wedding. Plan and force by both side of parents. You could clearly tell how uninterested he was. You take no offense to it, when he doesn’t even try to start a conversation.  Just sitting there with his phone in his hand. Not even giving you the attention at all. As you know the kind of situation he was in. If you’re him, you have no idea what to do anyway. Like how you would react if you had to marry your friend’s partner. It’s not like he has a choice as well. So, you try to talk to him. Asking him about his work. At least he bothers to respond, even if it was just short answer. Asking him about the wedding preparation. And he gives you a straight answer on how he doesn’t care about how it looks or turn out. Because it’s not like he has a say on when or who he was going to marry. So, it doesn’t matter to him. But with those words you could still feel the angry within them. At first you feel like it was because you would be taking away his freedom for sleeping habits. But if it was really it, he doesn’t look like the type that would stop even if he was married. Because he clearly shows that he doesn’t care about you or your feelings. That why you proceed to ask him, was it because he had someone he liked. That’s why he was unhappy about the situation as well. That’s when you saw him froze for awhile. As if contemplating something. And finally looking into your eyes, the first time since you had seated down with him.

 

Baek Ho: The girl I’m in love with, is going to marry your boyfriend.

 

That’s when you saw the hurt behind his eyes but was masked by the anger he felt at the moment. That’s also when you kind of understand why he doesn’t really care about anything anymore. Because not only was the person he loves going to marry your boyfriend. You know he knows that the person he loves, only has eyes for your boyfriend. And he hates you and your boyfriend for hurting the person he loves. Everything is a mess.

The day came as you see your boyfriend stand at the end of the aisle. As his best friend stand beside him reciting the vows. To say your not hurt or jealous was an understatement. You couldn’t stand the scene. That’s why after the reception was done, you were back to the safety of your own covers. Lossing yourself to sleep. You don’t know when. But as the warm of a body curl itself towards you. Smelling like jasmine, something that you have come to familiarise. In the middle of your dreams, reassuring you over and over again that he loves you. You can’t help but bury yourself close to it. As he tightens his hold on to you. You think to yourself that, at least he was here with you. He was here on his wedding night.

 Days passes by with the same routine. You just can’t help by feel dampened by everything that has happen and it’s going to happen. With your boyfriend being married and how you’re busy with he weddings preparations. But one thing for sure is that, you’re glad that Jong Hyun is always there at the end of the day. It wasn’t until a few days later that, you’re feelings a bit under the weather. Thinking you might have eaten the wrong food. But you don’t stop vomiting every morning. Then it hits you. Rushing to the nearby pharmacy, as you got the pregnancy test kit.

 

-

 

That is how you have been staring at the test kits for almost half and hour now. Not knowing what to do. And the few test kits stare back at you. As if mocking your life. You hands shaking, as you dial you fiancé number.

 

Y/N: Hey….

Baek Ho: Is there anything you need?

Y/N: Could you come here… Please…

Baek Ho: … Fine..

 

Sitting on the bathroom floor for another half an hour, drowning yourself in your thoughts. Before the door of your house rang. Dragging yourself up, you open the door to see your fiancé. You try to compose yourself as both of you settle down on your couch. He could clearly tell something was up, with how he didn’t question you on the phone. And how he chooses to wait for you to speak and silently looking at you trying to see if your okay. You can’t help but feel thankful that he was understanding. As you gather whatever courage that is left of you.

 

Y/N: I’m pregnant…

Baek Ho: …. Did you see the doctor yet?

Y/N: No… but I did 3 test kits…

Baek Ho: Okay..  Does Jong Hyun know about this?

Y/N: I have yet to tell anyone…

Baek Ho: Do you want to go see the doctor now?

Y/N: What..?

Baek Ho: Do you want to go now. To check if you’re really pregnant.

Y/N: I…

Baek Ho: Hey…. It’s okay… I’ll be here okay.

Y/N: What..?

Baek Ho: I’ll go with you.

Y/N: Are you sure?

Baek Ho: I know you’re a wreck now. Let’s just take it slowly okay. We can go now if you want. I’ll drive us there.

 

Never in your life would you have thought you could communicate with your fiancé that well. But you guess he was being nice due to the situation. But you really thought he was going to act out and just leave when he hears it. You can’t help but feel relief with the over whelming thoughts and feelings you have. He was with you as you got your blood drawn. As everything was done, he sends you back and makes sure that you’re alright. As both of you could only wait for the next 6 to 8 days. To say you couldn’t sleep well for the few days waiting for the result was an understatement. Not only that, Jong Hyun could also tell something was up. With how lethargic you feel. And how you never really slept the few days. He keeps on checking on you, asking if you’re really okay. But all you could say was that you’re just stress with the upcoming wedding and all.

As you received the news through the phone call. You felt lost and do not know what to do. Calling your fiancé about it. He tries to calm you down. Saying he will talk to both of your parents for you. And telling you that you should call up Jong Hyun to tell him, when you clam down. Thanking him, you told him that you’ll call Jong Hyun in awhile when you have clam down. As you end the call, you take deep breathe. Thinking of what was going to happen next. And when you finally got the courage, you dial his number. You can’t help but break down when you can’t get through his call. He always answers to you. You have no idea why. And when he finally picks up, you can’t help but chock at your tears and tell him what happen. And with just one word of “I’m coming” you can’t help but feel more at ease.

When he finally burst thought the door of your house. He finds you curl up in your bed, tears stain cheeks. He gets himself under the covers, holding you in his arms. Telling you how happy he is and reassuring you that everything is going to be alright. And how sorry he was that he couldn’t pick up on the first call. As he was trying to talk it out with his best friend, mending their friendship. You can’t help but feel relief as he explains to you how his best friend exploded on him, and he felt guilty about it. How he was sorry he should have listened to you about trying to talk it out to her earlier. And how sorry he was that he wasn’t here to accompany you when you were going through it. Telling you that he has to thank Baek Ho later for being there for you. And how he understands why you did what you did and not tell him first. Because you might have been too overwhelmed, and you don’t think of telling him first because of how he was married, and you are engaged. As if things are not complicated enough. And you might want to be sure before you tell him. Comforting you and telling you how much he loves you.

You can’t help but rely on him and just seek comfort in his hugs. Because he makes you feel so loved and protected. As he tries to reassure you that he was going to talk to his parents and end it all. And go to you. Because that is what he always wanted. It’s only fair to his best friend and especially you. Apologising for everything he has done to hurt you. And he wanted no one but you since the beginning. And how he can’t wait to see his baby. And how both of you might have to take parental classes. Since this is new to both of you. How he would pamper the out of you. And you can’t say no to that. He was just to excited about what the future hold for both of you and you can’t help but feel so warm and happy about it. That day, you finally had a good rest, just lying in his arms. And you finally fell like everything is really going to be okay. Even if it wasn’t. At least he will be here with you.

When you finally woke up, the sky was already dark. And your stomach was growling. You hear a snicker beside you, indicating that he hears your stomach loud and clear. As he places a kiss on the top of your head, telling you that he already had ordered take out of all your favourites. And it’s in the dining room. As both of you are eating, he tells you that he was going to sign the divorce paper with his best friend next week. And how he can’t wait to get married to you.

 

Y/N: Wait… What about Ara?

Jong Hyun: She is getting married to Baek in 6 months’ time.

Y/N: Is she okay?

Jong Hyun: I’m not sure about it. I haven talk to her. I’m not sure she even wants to talk to me.

Y/N: I think you should talk to her again thought.

Jong Hyun: Ya.. I will.. I’ll talk to her next week when we sign the paper.

Y/N: Please make sure she is okay. I can’t imagine how she is feeling now.

Jong Hyun: I know. I’ll talk to her okay. Don’t worry.

Y/N: Hmm..

Jong Hyun: I love you

Y/N: I love you too…

Jong Hyun: I can’t believe we can finally be together.

Y/N: Me too..

Jong Hyun: So.. how do we go about this? Do you want to move in with me or?

Y/N: Do you want to move in here?

Jong Hyun: Ya… That’s sound nice. I like your place better anyway. I just can’t believe it. I’m so happy you know.

Y/N: I know. Me too.

Jong Hyun: I just love you so much, you know.

Y/N: I know.

 

-

 

Y/N: So how did it go?

Jong Hun: Surprisingly well.

Y/N: Really? How is she feeling?

Jong Hyun: She look like she just needs time. Beak Ho look like he has been taking good care of her.

Y/N: That’s a relief.

Jong Hyun: Baek Ho was ready to launch at me when I ask to speak to Ara.

Y/N: You can’t blame him.

Jong Hyun: I know. He really loves her that much huh.

Y/N: You don’t say.

Jong Hyun: I’m just glad he is there to take care of her, when I’m failing as her best friend.

Y/N: Give it time. She needs time before both of you could be back to before.

Jong Hyun: I know. So, how are you feeling today?

Y/N: My morning sickness has stopped.

Jong Hyun: That’s great. It wasn’t fun looking at you suffer. This little baby is a brat for making you suffer.

Y/N: This brat is your baby.

Jong Hyun: Yup, I’m sure going to love him or her. But not as much as you. You’re my number one baby.

Y/N: Stop with the cheesiness.

Jong Hyun: Just telling you the truth. Oh, and I was actually thinking of going to Gangneung.

Y/N: When?

Jong Hyun: How about in a few days?

Y/N: Why so sudden?

Jong Hyun: I was just thinking that a lot has happened. And I just want to spend time with you. Where we could just go about our day stress free. Without thinking about work and stuff. I was just thinking about you and our baby you know.

Y/N: That’s sound nice.

Jong Hyun: Great! I’ll pack for you then! I can’t wait to show you where I grew up and all the nice food that I had missed!

Y/N: You’re cute!

Jong Hyun: You’re cuter baby. I’m not going to let you fight me on this.

Y/N: Arghhh FINE!

 

-

 

Gangneung was nice, it was laid back. A good choice to escape from the busy life of Seoul. The weather was good, the view was nice. A lot of sightseeing and traditional food. These few days here was like heaven. Just you and him, nice food and long walks at the beach. You’re loving this place already. Both of you left this place with a promise of returning at least once a year.

 

-

 

Looking at the hall, you can’t but admire how pretty the hall was decorated. Ara really did a good job on choosing the decoration. She looks so pretty in her gown as she walks down the aisle. You can’t help but notice how in love Beak Ho was looking at her. You can’t help but smile at the scene. As the dinner continues, you saw the bride and groom coming back from the change of clothes. You lead both of you to them.

 

Y/N: You should go talk to her.

 

Walking away you sit yourself down back at your chair.

 

Baek Ho: Hey

Y/N: Don’t look so grumpy. You know no one is going steal Ara away from you.

Baek Ho: I know..

Y/N: I haven really thank you for what you had done for me.

Baek Ho: No worries, anyone would do that if they were in my place.

Y/N: I’m glad you’re happy now.

Baek Ho: Back at you.

Y/N: Maybe we could be friend you know.

Baek Ho: Sure why not.

Y/N: Maybe when those two are back in good terms we could have a double date. I would love to get to know Ara better.

Baek Ho: I guess that possible.

 

Your conversation was interrupted by your boyfriend, coming back with Ara. As down on the other sit of you.

 

Jong Hyun: Hey, could I talk to you for awhile?

Baek Ho: Alright.

 

Y/N: Hey

Ara: Hey

Y/N: A lot has happened right?

Ara: Tell me about it. I just want to go home and change out of this.

Y/N: You alright?

Ara: Just tried.

Y/N: Hmm.. I really hope we could know each other better. And I want to apologise for everything that has happen ever since we met. Especially your friendship with Jong Hyun.

Ara: It’s not your fault. It’s just a lot of things was happening, and we lost communication. That’s all. I’m sorry if I ever come off as rude to you.

Y/N: No, you never did. You were and still are nice, despite the situation. I really hope we could be friends.

Ara: I would really like that.

Jong Hyun: Hey, We’re back.

 

As your boyfriend cam back with Baek Ho, and he sit himself down. He gave a polit smile to Ara, which she returns, and got up to follow Baek Ho to their table.

 

Jong Hyun: Want to go for a walk?

Y/N: Sure

Jong Hyun: Let get out of here. I saw a nice garden just right out.

 

The fresh air hits your face. And you instantly feel more awake than before.

 

Y/N: So, what did you talk about?

Jong Hun: Just apologizing for being a jerk. He said we were cool. So, I guess it’s alright then.

Y/N: I’m glad.

Jong Hyun: Me too. Did I tell you how beautiful you look today?

Y/N: Stop it. I’m practically bloated in this dress.

Jong Hyun: You’re glowing baby. You’re stunning.

Y/N: You’re just being nice.

Jong Hyun: Do you want me to prove it to you how beautiful and stunning you are? I could do it all night you know.

Y/N: Shut the hell up! We’re in public!

Jong Hyun: Just trying to prove a point.

Y/N: Fine I believe you. Please just shut up.

Jong Hyun: I feel so loved.

Y/N: I really can’t wait for this baby to pop out of me. My back and ankle hurt so much.

Jong Hyun: Our little one is giving you a hard time again huh. Don’t worry, I’ll massage your back and leg when we go back. My baby deserve it, from carrying our child.

Y/N: You’re an angel send from heaven.

Jong Hyun: Yours truly baby.

Y/N: I love you.

Jong Hyun: You know that I love you too right. And I’m so happy about everything and what the future holds.

Y/N: I know.

Jong Hyun: So…. Would you marry me baby?

Y/N: Huh?

 

Both of you stop walking, as you look at him. He steps back, getting on to his knees. As he pulls out a box from his pocket.  There sits a beautiful ring that he had picked out. Your eyes filled with tears, blaming your pregnancy hormone in the back of your head. As he looks so good in the suit, under the moon light as he looks up at you expectantly.

Jong Hyun: Will you marry me? Would you make me the happiest man in the world, baby?

Y/N: Baby…

Jong Hyun: Is that a no?

Y/N: No… I meant yes. I mean..

Jong Hyun: I understand baby. Don’t cry. Are you okay?

Y/N: Ya.. just pregnancy hormones.

Jong Hyun: So, would you let me put on the ring of you.

Y/N: Yes..

 

Taking your hand in his, he slides the ring through your finger. While he finally gets up. Looking back at you with a huge smile on his face. Wiping your tears away form your face, he leans in and take your lips with his. Arms warping around you to pull you in even closer to him. As both of you finally pull apart. He nests in the crooks of your neck. Placing kiss on there.

 

Jong Hyun: Thank you for going through so much because of me. I’m sorry if I ever hurt you. And I know I always say this, but I love you. I really love you so much baby. And I’m really happy to be being the rest of my life with you.

Y/N: I love you.