YEAR 2000

Nu'est One Shot

 

image

 

YEAR 2000

 

Hybrid making was finally legalised since 5 years ago. When the company that was raid for illegally producing hybrid by people from the government. The government took control of everything. The people involved the hybrid that was produce that that time, all of the information. Ans ask them to work under the government to produce hybrid illegal now. Selling hybrids at a very high rate with the insane amount of tax. Only the rich of the rich could afford them. But a lot have found loop hold on getting hybrid. Finding run away hybrid and make them reproduce. Practically you could get your hands on a hybrid and pay without tax in the black market. It was getting more and more common. And the people who have hybrids only buy them  for 2 reasons. To show off their status and how much they have, or to earn money from it.

 

-

 

Pain was all he could feel. His body was covered with scars and bruise from all the fights he had. He hated this. He hated using his fist. But that's is the only way he could survive. He was own by an illegal under ground hybrid fight club owner. And that was what he need to do to survive. And it dose not help when he is his owner prized winner. Wining fights over fights for him. Practically the one that was helping this club earn the most income. Lying in his cage on the cold floor, he wishes all this burning and aching pain was gone.This doesn't taste like victory at all. All the bruise keeps on accumulating and he doesn't even have the time to let it heal before there is another match waiting for him. It was taking a troll on his body. He jumped up due to the sound of his cage being hit.

 

'Hey! How is my prized winner doing today? You did good at the fight just now. It's kind of a pity you won't be able to fighting for me anymore. I'll miss you having to win every fight we had in this club. And how much you're bringing in for me.'

 

Glaring at his owner. He doesn't believe that he would actually sell him off. Especially with how much he is earning for the club. How much blood he had shed and how much broken bones he had earn for this fight club. Just what kind of person did his owner actually sell him to. Thinking of being transferred to another fight club scares him. Not that it would be any different from here. But what if his next owner is even worst than his current one. As if this owner and this place was not bad enough.

Opening his cage, his owner dragged him up from his spot. Not caring the hiss that is coming out of him, from all the injury he has. Bringing him in to a enclosed room, pushing him in. Coming face to face with a guy. Suited up in all black.

 

'Sir! Here's the hybrid you're asking for!'

Jackson: I'll be taking him now

'It's a pressure doing business with you Sir.'

Jackson: I wouldn't say the same about you.

 

With that his new owner walked away and out of the door. Following closely behind him, he didn't know what to actually do in this situation. It only until they got into his new owner car, he finally spoke to him.

 

Jackson: Did you actually like fighting?

Baek Ho: No.. NO Sir..

Jackson: I'm sorry, but I might to have ask you to fight again. I need you to protect my sister. I want you to be her body guard and protect her. That's all I ask.

Baek Ho: Yes Sir. I understand.

 Jackson: What's your name?

Baek Ho: Baek Ho Sir..

Jackson: You don't have to call me Sir. My mine is Jackson. Just call me by my name will do. It's nice to meet you Baek Ho.

 

He didn't know what to do. Especially he was standing in the middle of a mansion that his new owner call it home. Looking in awe, he didn't even realised that his owner is going up the stair to the second floor already. Snapping out of his daze, he run to catch up with his owner.

Lying on your bed, just lazing around playing with your phone. You're interrupt by a knock on your door. As the door swing open after that.

 

Jackson: Hey! How are you doing?

Y/N: Bored.... Can I finally leave the house now?

Jackson: In fact you could. I have someone I want you to meet.

Y/N: Didn't I tell you I don't want a bodyguard.

Jackson: Now that's out of the discussion. How could a princess roam around in public without any guards.

 

Baek Ho: Princess?!!

 

Jumping up, both you and your brother turn to the owner of the voice. Looking at him curiously. You notice that the voice belongs to a hybrid. His looks contrast his fluffy round ears above his head. Eyes widening when you realised he is covered in scars, especially his hands. That were badly bruised with dried blood, fill with old scars and new scars. 

 

Baek Ho: Sorry….

Jackson: It's okay. I didn't exactly tell you who we are.

Baek Ho: So... You're a prince?

Jackson: Yes, I am. Please don't look and treat us differently. We were so over that when our parents passed away.

Baek Ho: I'm sorry to hear that...

Jackson: It's okay. We were not that close to them anyway. We are grateful for them. But not so much on how they brought us up. We had a lot of arguments and disagreements.  Still, they are in a better place now.

Y/N: You're?

Jackson: Oh right! Y/N meet Baek Ho. He is your bodyguard from now on.

Y/N: I don't know how to feel about this...

Baek Ho: I'm sorry... I know I'm a hybrid and all. I'll try to serve you to my best ability, you won't have to see me, you won't even know I'm here.

Y/N: Wait.. What?!! NO nono! That's not what I mean. It's just that I never ask for a body guard. I don't want one. But I know as a princess I can't possibly go out in public alone. It's has nothing to do with you being a hybrid!! okay!?

Baek Ho: Oh.... I just though...

Jackson: Hey, we treat hybrid with equal respect as we treat human. We are equal here. At least now. That is actually one of the things we disagree with our parents. We changed alot of things we didn't like. In fact, there is a lot of hybrid working for us. You don't have to worry about feeling out of place. And when Y/N is here, you don't really have any duties, you are free to roam around the place. Just becareful and don't get lost.

Baek Ho: Ohh… Okay....

Y/N: You might want to start with a shower first though. Then cleaning of your wounds. It doesn't look good.

Baek Ho: Oh... Ya I should... But I'm fine. I swear. My wounds would heal itself.

Y/N: I insist. Go take a shower. I'll find the first aid kit.

Jackson: Well, let me show you your room then.

 

Walking away with the hybrid, the prince showed the hybrid his own room.

 

Baek Ho: This is my room??

Jackson: Do you not like it? You could tell me how to make it cozier for you. I could ask one of my messenger to get you things you need.

Baek Ho: Nonono! This is already to much for me.

Jackson: Well, I'll leave you to it then. All your clothes is already in the closet. Help yourself to anything you need.

Baek Ho: Thank you Jackson...

Jackson: I want to thank you to for being here too.

 

-

 

A knock on your door make you look away from what you're doing. Looking at the door as two fluffy brown ears was seen before his face. Chuckling at how cute he was. You gesture him to come to you, sitting beside you as open up the first aid box. Getting the alcohol wipes out first as you warn him it might sting. Just as the wipe touched his opened wound, he jotted up. Retreating his hands from you as he growl. Never have you seen or heard a hybrid growl at you before. Looking at him shocked. As he finally process was he did, he drop to the ground, on his knees. Eyes filled with tears as his hand instantly shot up to his head, cradling it trying to protect himself. While he apologised to you.

Looking at the scene unfold infront of you. You shot down to where he his, trying to be cautious as you put your hands on him. As you expected he jot up a little as you place your hand on him. Slowly bringing his hand away from his face, his eyes are still tightly shut closed as he was still shivering in fear.  

 

Y/N: Hey... It okay. Are you alright?

Baek Ho: I.. i'm so.rry prin..cess

Y/N: It's okay. You did nothing wrong. It hurt a lot doesn't it.

Baek Ho: A ..lot...

Y/N: I'll take my time cleaning the wound okay. It might hurt a lot, I'm not going lie to you. But it 's better to get it clean up. I'll talk to you as a distraction from it okay?

Baek Ho: o..ka.y

Y/N: So how old are you?

Baek Ho: 24..

Y/N: Oh!! We are the same age! We can be friends! It's tiring being the youngest one here. None of them understand the things I said.

Baek Ho: Wha..t things?

Y/N: Things like I don't like to be kept here like hostage. But enough of me, what about you? What do you like?

Baek Ho: I never really thought of anything that I like...

Y/N: Where did you come from?

Baek Ho: I grew up in a fight club. My previous owner raise me up to be a fighter.

Y/N: All these scars are from the fights?

Baek Ho: ya...

Y/N: Do you like fight?

Baek Ho:No... I didn't have a choice, I did that to survive. I...

Y/N: You hate your hands... Is that right? 

Baek Ho: Looking at my hands remind me of how much pain I have put on to others.

Y/N: It's not your fault. You didn't have any choice like you said. In fact I like your hands.

Baek Ho: Y.. You do...? 

Y/N: They are warm and cozy. It feel like home.

Baek Ho: I... pri-

Y/N: Y/N call me Y/N. We are friends now.

Baek Ho: Y../N...

Y/N: All done!!

Baek Ho: Thank you...

 

Looking up from his hands you smile at him. Little did you know his heart skipped a beat. As he feel warm and fuzzy all over. Not knowing he could feel this way and he would have ever felt this way.

 

-

 

Being woken up by the dryness of your throat in the middle of the night. You decide to get yourself a glass of water. Getting out of bed, you trip, causing your body to fall towards the floor. Groaning in pain, you hear another groaning voice as well. Which made you still. Looking at the cause of what had trip you, you could only see so much in the dark room. Looking at the groaning lump on the floor, it wasn't until the lump rise up from his curled state, you would not have guess who was it. As the ear flicker on top of his head.

 

Y/N: Baek Ho??

Baek Ho: Hmmm..

Y/N: What are you doing here? In the middle of the night? On the floor?

Baek Ho: I'm protecting you...

Y/N: What??

Baek ho: I'm your body guard. I'm suppose to protect you.

Y/N: In my room?

Baek Ho: Someone might barge in in the middle of the night. You might not know. I'm sorry I fell asleep. I promise I'll do better.

Y/N: Wait wait wait… Let me get this straight. You are in my room because you're protecting me. You have been keeping a look out every night?

Baek Ho: Yes..

Y/N: What the hell?!!!

Baek Ho: Did I do something wrong?? I didn't meant to fall asleep! I swear, I'll do better...

Y/N: Baek Ho. It's been two week since you arrived.

Baek Ho: Yes... Are you going to bring me back to my ious owner...??

Y/N: Wait.. What?! No I'm not! I'll not bring you back to the hell hole. I'm just trying to say that you have been keeping watch for 2 weeks without sleeping?!! Hell, you following me around to do my duties everyday, yet you're here keeping watch every night! Did you even sleep?!

Baek Ho: no..t really...

Y/N: Go back to sleep!!

Baek Ho: What.. Am I like- is this your way of sending me back. That you don't want me anymore...

Y/N: ? What no!

Baek Ho: Than.. Why are you sending me back...

Y/N: You know that you could sleep right. There are guards on night duty around this house.

Baek Ho: I feel safer that if I'm here protecting you.

Y/N: You know what. Forget it. Get on my bed.

Baek Ho: What?!

Y/N: You feel safer if you're here protecting me. So get on the bed. I'm not letting you sleep on the floor, when there is a perfectly fine bed here.

Baek Ho: I'm not suppose to sleep. I need-

Y/N: Protect me. I get it. But you're a hybrid. Even if any one breaks in here when you're sleeping you would likely wake up from the sound right? Hybrid's 5 senses are better than humans. Even if it is not a human who break in but it's a hybrid. They could smell you in here. And I doubt any hybrid would want to mess with a bear. So, get on the bed and sleep. I still have duties in the morning, that's means you too.

Baek Ho: Okay....

 

With that, you forgot about your reason for getting out of bed in the first place. And went back on to your bed again. Pulling the covers up for him to slip in. Both of you lies under your sheets, but you could still feel how tense the hybrid beside you was. Hence, opening your eyes looking at him, you reach out to scratch the back of his round fluffy ears. Making him jot eyes wide at you, before compiling to relax. You swear if a bear could purr like a cat, he would. The sound of rumble from the hybrid became a lullaby for you, drawing you to slumber again.

 

-

 

It's been a few months Baek Ho has been here. And boy was he bored out of his mind. Not that he was complaining at all. He is practically living in heaven compare to his ious place. It just that, as your body guard all he had to do was to follow you around when you're doing lessons, going for meeting and so on. Sometimes he would take a walk by himself around the mansion, like your brother say he could. But he really wishes to actually go out and explore. He was part animal after all, he can't help himself to be drawn to natural and everything it has to offer. But little did he knew that you have notice how his mind would drift off to another place, staring aimlessly outside the window. Or he prefers to take a nap outside of your garden instead of indoor. He would spend as much time outside as he could.

Hence, you decide to tell him that you want to go out for a hike. Partly also you feel pretty suffocated by all the meetings and lessons you have in the house. But also knowingly full well that, once you mention of going out. Especially hiking your hybrid ears will twitch and he can't help but have a wide smile on his face. And that is where you end up at. And you hate yourself for it. You practically only have a little, actually your stamina was non existing. Why would you suggest a hike, why can you say a walk in a park or something. Just how far is this hike going last, you're practically in a forest. And you can't even navigate where you're going, if it's not for your hybrid walking infront of you. Talking about walking, why is he walking so fast, your legs can't even catch up to him even when you're sprinting. God you curse yourself for being so weak to him. You can't help but want to make him smile all the time. That's why you must endure this consequences.

 

Y/N: Baek??

Baek Ho: Hmmm?

Y/N: I need to take a break. I'll catch up with you.

Baek Ho: You sure?

Y/N: Ya, I'll stay here for a while. Go run wild.

Baek Ho: Thank You..

 

Running back to your spot, he give you a tight hug, thanking you. Before running off infont to you. Laughing at him, you didn't actually mean it literally. Shaking your head, you couldn't help but your heart just skip a beat. Shaking the thoughts out of your head. You walked up the hill on your own pace.

 

 

You swore there was only one route here, one route that lead you to the top of the hike. But why does it feel like this isn't the right path. here is no street light lighting this path up. What is even scarier was that you don't even know how long have you been walking. The sun has clearly set, yet you're here still finding a way to the top. Not to mention, you phone does not have any signal here. If someone had saw you now, they would be laughing their off. The country's princess that is lost while hiking. Great, just great. Holding up your phone as high as you could to find a signal. So you could at least contact someone, instead you had to be a fool not to look at the path infront of you and slip down hill. Great, now not only are you lost, you are not on the path anymore, stuck down hill for god knows where. And as if it's not bad enough, your left ankle is twisted. Your legs and arm are scratched with open wounds.

 

Something is not right, he could feel it in his guts. He had been calling you for hours, but you're not picking up. It shouldn't have taken you so long to reach the peak of the hike. The sun has already set, it doesn't make sense to him at all. Running back down again for the n number of time, trying to find you. This time, his blood run cold, coming to a sudden stop. He felt that, you're hurt he knows it. Not only was his instinct telling him you're hurt. He could smell a small whiff of blood in the air. Getting himself together. He dashes to where the smell blood was stronger. Holding back all his emotion, he knew you're close, he could smell a hint of flora shampoo that you use. Pacing around, trying to find where is it coming from, he decided to just jump down the slope at the side of the path. Where his gut was telling him to. And that was where he found you.

 

Baek Ho: Y/N!! Are you okay?? I can smell blood! What Happened? Why are you down here?!!

Y/N: I was trying to find signal on my phone and I just slip and fell here. I guess I'm okay.

Baek Ho: Get on my back. You're hurt. We're going home.

 

Carrying all the way back. He thought he was going to get scolded by your brother. But infact, the moment he walked in with you on his back. The one he was giving disapproving look was to you not to him surprisingly. Going on and off about how could you go running about. 

 

-

 

Something was weird, definitely. Ever since that day where you got hurt. It was as if Baek Ho turned to another person. He barely even talk now. Even when you ask him stuff he would reply with a few words. He doesn't look out of the window anymore. He doesn't even take naps in the garden anymore or go walking around the mansion by himself. He practically glued himself to you. Following you wherever you go with a neutral expression on his face. You miss his smile, how he would always smile when he come back from walking around the mansion or when he take naps in the garden.

 

Y/N: Baek?

Baek Ho: Hmm..?

Y/N: Do you want to take a walk in a park or something?

Baek Ho: You want to go? I'll just follow you.

Y/N: Baek.. What's wrong?

Baek Ho: Nothing is wrong?

Y/N: Stop lying you haven been yourself lately.

Baek Ho: I just..  

Y/N: What's going on..

Baek Ho: It's just that I can't even protect you...

Y/N: What are you talking about? You're practically doing a great job at it. Did you forget that you save me during the hike?

Baek Ho: You got hurt...

 Y/N: That's because my smart was not watching the path where I was walking.

Baek Ho: If I didn't leave you, you wouldn't have gotten lost and hurt yourself.

Y/N: Honesty I doubt that. I'm really a klutz.

Baek Ho: Your brother trusted me to protect you. Yet, I brought you home hurt. Both of you are the nicest human I met in my whole life. Yet I failed to do what I was suppose to do... You give me food, shelter, freedom and you treat me so nice. Yet... I... I'm sorry...

Y/N: Baek.. Nobody is blaming you.. Why are you so hard on yourself?

Baek Ho: I know... But.. I can't even protect you right...

Y/N: Baek. Listen to you. You're doing a wonderful job at protecting me. If it's not for you, I think I'll still be stranded there. And I would have hurt myself so many times before and even after that. So stop putting the blame on yourself. Because you practically pick me up when I trip, you follow me around to do things I need to, may I say you make it more interesting as well and not so boring for me anymore. You brighten up my day with your smile and you have your own way of taking care of me. I may not say anything about it, but I know you always come up with some excuses just so you could drag me out of the house when I am stressed out. You make sure I eat my 3 meals and make sure I sleep well every night by rubbing my back when you think I'm already asleep. Can I actually ask you something?

Baek Ho: ….

Y/N: It's more than that right. You're upset not only because I was hurt. There is a bigger reason behind it right? Your not someone who get upset over something for so long.

Baek Ho: Yes...

Y/N: It's because you like me...?

Baek Ho: Yes...

Y/N: And there is more to that right?

Baek Ho: Ya....

Y/N: I'm your mate...

Baek Ho: W..what?!

Y/N: I did some research. When a bear is courting, they tend to nuzzle each other head and neck. You tend to do that subconsciously when you sleep and when your sleepy. Also that's how you wake me up every morning.  

Baek Ho: I... ! I... didn't mean too...

Y/N: I like it.

Baek Ho: What?!

Y/N: I like you..

Bak Ho: But... Why?! I'mmm a hybrid and you're a huaman.. a princess..I..

 

With that, you broke the space between both of you. Taking his scarred up knuckle, placing a kiss on it, knowing that's what his is most insecure about. While placing a kiss on his cheeks after that. nuzzling with the place where your lips has just met with your nose. Tackling him down on the floor. Making his eyes crinkle and his teeth showing. As the sound of his laughter filled he room.

 

Baek Ho: Are you trying to court me now?!

Y/N: Maybe.. Maybe not.. Who knows...

Baek Ho: You Minx!

 

Now you're the one being tackle on to your back. As he bite playfully on your neck, nuzzling it after that.

 

Y/N: Baek…

 

His round fluffy ear twitch, bringing his head away from your neck meeting your eyes. Staring at each other for about a good minute, before the distance between your lips meet each other. Whispering how much you love each other on both of your lips after that.