CHAPTER I

Nu'est One Shot

 

 

As the music starts playing, the doors infront of you open. People staring at you as you walk pass them down the aisle. Some you know and some you don’t. All you could think about is how badly your stomach is churning. Even though know that this day would come, you’re still trying to process everything that was in your head. Eyes looking anywhere than the guy standing at the end of the aisle. A day that was supposedly the happiest day a girl would have in her life. Was the day you dread the most. As you step up the steps while your dad hands you over to him. You can’t help but feel a little hatred bubbling inside you. Because all you were to your parents was a chess piece on their board. You’re just a piece that had been moved further down the board. Just a move closing for them to winning the game.

Taking the hand of your future husband. He leads you to complete your vow. You brisk pass all of the words you had to say, as if reading a book. And when it’s time to finally seal the whole deal. You turn to him as he lifts up your veil, looking at him. This is the first time you had meet his eyes today. The familiar deep brown set of eyes you’re so familiar with. That you had fell deeply in love with. But you know it could never work. Because this is a contract marriage signed by both of your parents. A contract to bloom both of your parent’s wealth even more. Combining his parent’s stock advisor company and the few shopping malls your parents own. Your parents practically sold you off to them, handing his parents a portion of shares and you in return for their service on the stock market. A contract that was signed less than 2 months ago. That’s why it could never work. Especially when both of you are informed of this marriage. He was the one throwing a fuss and making a scene. Saying that he would never marry you, because he was in love with his girlfriend.

Not that you’re surprise, you see it coming. You know he has someone he was in love with. You saw how his eyes light up at the sight of her the first time. You saw how he stumble his words when he tried to start a conversation with her. You saw how he blush, every time she smiles at him. You saw how they fell in love with each other. You saw the smile and the love he has reserved for her and only her. That’s why even when you’re in love with him, it was never going to work. Because he has never and will never looked at you this way. As your eyes meet his for the first time today, he gives you a polite smile. You could tell how uncomfortable he is. He doesn’t have to say anything, both of you know each other like the back of your hand. More than 20 years of knowing each other and it has come down to this. He dips his head down, placing a kiss on your forehead. This was it. You’re married. You’re married to your best friend. 

 As the wedding tone down to a lighter atmosphere. Both of your parents have gone to socialize with their friends. You have change out of you wedding dress to your night gown, opt to socialize with the familiar bunch of people you had known. Friends that were also friends with your husband. Practically because all of you had grown up together. With your parents all at high position in the society. The number of events and gala all of you are forced to go and take over your parents’ position when you all grew up. All of you naturally reside in hanging together, gossiping about how boring it is. And it’s no surprised that all of them know about our one-sided feelings towards your husband. Nothing was new to them because they know that love was never a choice for all of you. It was an unspoken rule that all of you would be marrying someone your parents choose. That will benefit the company the most. So, you had no one to blame than yourself for falling in love with your best friend/ husband.

 

Aron: So how are you holding up?

Y/N: No idea…

Ren: Just how many cups are you in already?

Y/N: Lost count….

Baek Ho: Hey… This is supposed to be the happiest day of your life. Come on smile a little.

Y/N: Ohh off…

Baek Ho: How classy as always.

Ren: That’s a low blow man.

Bael Ho: Just playing around. You know me right Y/N. No hard feelings?

Y/N: Hmm..

Baek Ho: Speaking of that…. Where is your husband?

Y/N: Who knows. Maybe somewhere hidden, making out with your fiancé.

Ren: Dude, you just got roasted.

Baek Ho: Man… should have saw that coming..

Aron: This is a mess man.

Min Hyun: Tell me about it. Baek you really going to wife up Jong’s girlfriend?

Baek Ho: Like I have a choice in that. Like any of us have a choice in choosing who we want to marry.

Aron: What are your parents gaining from hers anyway? She’s new money.

Baek Ho: Apparently her parents are starting up with some new tech to help with the efficiency of meeting user demands. That can also collect our consumer’s data. Too technical. Didn’t had the time to read it. Since I was notice that she would be my fiancée just a week ago, I had been busy with the rounds I had to visit to all our banks.

Min Hyun: Busy with work or ing around with other girls.

Baek Ho: Both.

Y/N: Gross..

Baek Ho: Hey! No judgement.

Y/N: No judgment just disgusted.

Baek Ho: Anyway, how’s your wife?

Aron: Hmmm busy as usual…

Ren: You guys doing alright?

Aron: I’m not sure anymore… it just a rough time. With the new hospital setting up and stuff… Both of our schedule is just packed. As if being a doctor was not busy enough. And with the miscarriage last year… I don’t know what we are anymore. Like I feel like we’re drifting apart.

Y/N: Hey… it’s going to be alright. I believe that both of you still love each other.

Ren: Don’t worry too much. I think you should just try to talk to her as much as possible.

Baek Ho: Ya.. especially with the miscarriage I can’t imagine how much she is going through.

Aron: I know… I’m trying. I just wished she wouldn’t shut me out you know.

Y/N: Just keep trying. She really needs someone to be there for her. And even though I would check up on her time to time, I think she needs you more. I’ll visit her when I’m free okay. Don’t worry too much.

Aron: Ya.. I think that would help. Thank you..

Y/N: No worries, she is my friend as well.

 

The night goes by in a blur when you’re chatting with them. You feel a little lighter as they understand how you feel. Because they are practically in the same situation as you. And before you know it, you’re sprinting off the road in your husband car driving to his apartment. As both of you told both sides of parents that a honeymoon trip was unnecessary. Going up to the apartment that you’re soon to be in for the rest of your life. You went to your room, a little relief that you had your own space in this huge house. Finally changing out of your dress and washing up. As the front door of the house slam shut. You broke down. Crying in the dark on your bed, knowing no one would be listening. Alone on your wedding night. You drown yourself in your sorrow and you can’t help but feel sick.

 

-

 

To think your life wouldn’t get worse than the day you’re married was wrong. As if knowing that he loves his girlfriend was not enough. Living with him and seeing how early he would always go out of the house when he sleeps here. And how late he would always come home smelling like her and body full of her marks was torture. What hurts the most was not him not loving you back. But him not even acknowledging you at all. He is treating you like you just someone here occupying one of his room. As if both of you do not know each other for the last 20 years. Or that both of you was best friend till the moment that you found out you had to marry each other. Was marrying you so bad that he was so disgusted? That he couldn’t even have a decency to at least acknowledge your presence? At least be friendly to you or like talk to you like normal? You know he hates the situation that he is in now, maybe he hates you as well. That’s why he couldn’t even stand the sight of you. Choosing to stay over at her place instead of here most of the time. Choosing to avoid you by going out early to work and coming back so late.

You barely even see him anymore. It’s always you and this empty place you called your house. That’s why you choose to drown yourself at work. Staying as late as you could. Sometimes even choosing to sleep on your office couch instead of going back. Because you couldn’t stand being in such a painful environment. That reminds you of your husband’s hatred for you. And his lack of presence only confirms it that he was out with someone he truly loves. And he will never ever see you the way you see him. Your love for him pains you so much but you don’t know what to do with it. You don’t know how to deal with it. How to unlove someone you had been in love with for the past 20 years. How to recover from the hurt of losing your best friend because he hates you.

 

-

 

You are dreading today, not because you need to get off early to go “home”. But because you had to knock off work to get ready for a charity gala. Not only that you have to pretend that you’re happy married. Which means you would not only see your husband today, but you’re also stuck with him too. You don’t know how you’re going to survive tonight. It would be awkward as hell, and also having to smile the whole time was the tough part. As you put on the final touches of your makeup. You look at yourself in the mirror. Looking at the gorgeous black dress you had on, with the full face of makeup. It’s funny how it could cover up all the imperfection you have accumulated over the past few months of marriage. The dark eye circle, the dry skin and chap lips. You odd to start taking more care of yourself.

As you get a text from your driver saying he has reached, you padded down the apartment and into the car. And what you didn’t expect was the presence that was already in the backseat with you. It’s not like he could come separately. You’re supposed to act as a happy couple. You don’t know why you’re even surprise. You think it’s because you haven prepared yourself to face him yet. But it’s all too late now, seating in the car with your husband. That you had barely saw a few times after living together. You don’t know if you’re feeling this only, but the atmosphere was tense and awkward. With both of you not talking, and the only sound visible was the tire speeding through the city. You can’t help to try and regulate your heartbeat.

He looks good today, as always. His tailored black suit compliments him well. He looks better than the few times you had a glance when he was at home. Unlike you. His girlfriend might have been treating him well. At least he has someone that showers him with love and affection. You’re sad. Not because you know he was living better than you. But because it was never quiet between both of you. You used to have things to say to each other. You used to update things of your daily life to each other. You’re sad you lost your friend. And she was not to be blame for that. His girlfriend was nice. You had met her a couple of times, when he would want you to tag along with them. She would obviously be alright with it because she likes you as well. She considers you as her friend. You don’t know why, it’s not like your feelings for him was not obvious enough to not scare her off. She didn’t mind, she was nice about it, she was nice to you. Maybe she pities you, because overall, if she was a bad person, at least you have something to hate on. It would be easier that way, but she’s not. And you have only yourself to hate on.

 

Jong Hyun: How’s work going?

 

Jumping a little at the unexpected question coming from him. This would be the first of what he has spoken to you in months after the wedding. You can’t help but feel the panic in you rising.

 

Y/N: It’s fine…

Jong Hyun: How was the preparation of the new opening coming along?

Y/N: Hmm.. it’s running..

Jong Hyun: ….Y/N

 

You’re so glad that the car came to a stop. You quickly exit the car not wanting to know what he was about to say to you. You don’t think you could handle it. Why was he even trying to start a conversation with you? After so long? He could have done it months ago. But now? Really? Swallowing all your emotion in, you put on your best smile for the paparazzi present. As he rounds the car and stand beside you, you couldn’t help but feel the need to force a bigger smile to pretend. And when his hand touches your back to guide you into the venue, you can’t help but freeze a little at the contact. As your body went tense. It wasn’t always like this. Hand holding and hugging was not new to the both of you, when both of you were friends. But after being married to him and the whole situation does not help at all. It was like he’s a stranger to you again. You just can’t help but feel tense around his presence and touch. Because you don’t know him anymore. You’re sure of it. Especially when he had pushed you so far away. You just can’t see him as someone you know of before. He is practically a stranger to you now. A stranger you had feelings for. Because it hurts and you’re sure that your love for him old news now. Especially with the way he acted and treat you the past few months. That’s why you don’t think of him or want to think of your memories with him anymore. You shut him off just like how he did to you.

Walking around and interacting with everyone at the gala was so tough. You can’t help but just stay quiet and put on a smile, letting your husband do all the talking. Not that he didn’t allow you to talk or anything. You’re just glad you don’t have to deal with talking to people. Because you don’t think you could handle the type of topic these people would like to talk about. You don’t enjoy mingling with people in the higher society. Especially when today was about who has more money. This event was just for them to show off how rich they are. As it is a chance for all of them to try and be the highest donation tonight. After about an hour of mingling and staying quietly standing beside your husband. You finally call it quits.

 

Y/N: I’m going to the washroom.

Jong Hyun: Okay…

 

Escaping the ball room, you finally can take a deep breath. Walking was not easy in this dress, but you didn’t care. You need to get away from the event. You need a moment to stop pretending and smiling. Walking down to somewhere you think you could have some alone time. You exit the hotel to walking outside to the alfresco they have. You saw a familiar face a distance from you. Walking toward him you can’t help but smile and want to scare him. As you put your hand on his shoulder and shake him. He jumps a good foot above the ground clutching his heart as he fell to the ground. That made you laugh. It has been so long since you had smiled.

 

Ren: WHAT THE !!!
Y/N: OMG!!! YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN YOUR FACE!!! THAT WAS PRICELESS. HAHAHHA.

Ren: Glad you’re enjoying yourself then.

Y/N: I’m sorry I just had too…

Ren: Nah, it’s fine. I would do the same if I were you.

Y/N: Why are you out here?

Ren: The same reason you’re here, no? Unless you have some feedback on my hotel’s service and food tonight?

Y/N: Nah… It’s good. I really just need an escape.

Ren: You holding up well?

Y/N: I don’t know. I’ve just been living day by day.

Ren: I get that.

Y/N: Heard your ex-fiancé was back?

Ren: ! Don’t even get me started on that! She came back because her family needed money. And thought I would take her back without any questions. Because they heard our marriage was a contract one. And know that I would sign the divorce paper with Soojin sooner or later.

Y/N: Was Soojin okay?

Ren: I… can’t find her….

Y/N: What??

Ren: I tried to find her you know. I just couldn’t. I know our marriage was just a contract. And it would only last a year. With my ex-fiancé coming back. Soojin signed it, and she packed up and left. I couldn’t find her since then. It was at least half a year since I have been finding her.

Y/N: You love her?

Ren: … ya.. I love her. But everything was so bad before she left. I don’t even think she know I love her. I think she thought I would leave her for my ex-fiancé.

Y/N: You’ll find her.

Ren: I hope… Arghh…. I better get going. My dad is pissed about me disappearing. I got to show my face.

Y/N: Good luck!

Ren: Hmm… Don’t stay out too long. It’s cold out. Thank you for listening.

Y/N: Anytime. Hmm.. I’ll try..

 

As you walk around and enjoy how the cold air feels. You can’t help but admire all the plants here and the sky that was above you. You were having a peaceful moment before a jacket was encased around your shoulder. Shoulders jumping a little to look back at who it was. You came face to face with no other than your husband.

 

Y/N: What are you doing here?

Jong Hyun: Hey… You have been out for a while. I just wanted to make sure you’re alright.

Y/N: Hmm…

Jong Hyun: I’m sorry..

Y/N: For?

Jong Hyun: Just… things has been weird right?

Y/N: It’s only weird because you made it out to be weird.

Jong Hyun: I…

Y/N: Well, if you’re done. Maybe we should just get going.

Jong Hyun: Y/N… is everything okay between us?

Y/N: You’re really asking that? It hasn’t been okay since we got to know that we had to marry each other. Because you made it this way.

Jong Hyun: I’m sorry.

Y/N: Just exactly what are you sorry for? For giving me the cold shoulder and pretending I didn’t exist after we both received the news of our marriage. As if you’re the only one being forced to go through it? For not having a decent conversation even when we live together? For leaving me alone on our wedding night, when I needed my friend the most? Or the part that I have been in love with you for the entire time we have known each other?

Jong Hyun: What…?

Y/N: I had to see you look at her the way I look at you. I have to see you fall in love with her right infront of me. I had to see how we had drifted apart. But I don’t hate her. I could never, because she is good for you. I had to look at you love her the way I always wanted. I could have left. But I didn’t. Because you’re my friend. And yet. You couldn’t even be my friend for a day, just a night. On our wedding night. You couldn’t even be there for me that night. When I needed you the most. Oh, and don’t worry about it. I’m over it. I loved you, but not anymore. I would be a fool to have still love you even through all of the hurt I had to put up. So, for what exactly are you sorry for?

Jong Hyun: Y/N…

Y/N: I just want to go. I can’t deal with you right now.

 

As you stomp off and leave your stunned husband behind. You felt lighter than you have ever been. But also, guilty as you might have been too harsh on him. Well, what’s done couldn’t be taken back. And you just know that he hurt you way more than all the words you have thrown on to him. Getting yourself in to a cab, you when back to your shared apartment. Shutting yourself in your room. As you took a long shower and head to bed afterward. And sleep comes to you easier than all the nights you had been here.

 

-

 

Being woken up by the smell of coffee and eggs was not something you would have expect. You almost question yourself on where you are. As you head out of your bedroom after freshening up. You’re shocked with the sight you’re seeing. Your husband in the kitchen, plating a meal for two. As the table was already set up and has two cups of coffee. Walking passes the table to the kitchen, you ignore the presence, wanting to just get yourself a cup of coffee.

 

Jong Hyun: What are you doing?

Y/N: Getting myself coffee?

Jong Hyun: Your coffee is on the table already. Vanilla latte, right? I added a spoon full of vanilla syrup just how you like.

Y/N: Oh… I thought...

Jong Hyun: Thought what?

Y/N: That it was for you and her.

Jong Hyun: I know no matter how much I apologise I couldn’t go back in time to change anything. But I’m really sorry for everything. I called myself your friend even when I didn’t act like yours. I acted the way I did because I took advantage of our friendship. Not only that I vent all my anger on you because I was selfish and only thinking about myself. I’m sorry for never noticing your feelings for me. And I want to thank you for that. For loving me when I don’t deserve it.

Y/N: I understand the situation and I understand why you did what you did. But it wasn’t an excuse. But I accept your apology. You’re still a good guy. So, don’t be too hard on yourself.

Jong Hyun: So…. Friends?

Y/N: Ya. Friends.

Jong Hyun: Come on, your coffee is getting cold. I’ll bring the food to the table. Omelette with mixed vegetables full cooked. Correct?

Y/N: Just the way I like it.

 

Breakfast was good, it is not as awkward as you would have thought. Both of you did a little catch up, updating on each other on what was going on with both of your business. You also talked about the guys a little. You could tell he was trying to stay away from talking to you about her. You’re kind of grateful but a little sad. Because both of you used to not have any boundaries when talking about things. And you just feel like as a friend he was trying to keep himself quiet on the topic to not hurt you. A little too cautious and you just feel like he was pitying you. Even though you know he was not. Well, at least there is progress. It felt a little like both of you could be how you used to.

But as the breakfast keeps going. You can help but feel that something wasn’t really right. He was kind of distracted when he was talking to you, not only that he was a little more off. It wasn’t until he couldn’t take it anymore, he took out his phone and was looking at his phone. That’s when you realised maybe someone was trying to find him. Maybe calling him, since he was so distracted. Looking at the caller ID, you know that he was contemplating if he should pick up. You know this is too good to be true.

 

Y/n: Just pick it up.

Jong Hyun: What?

Y/N: Just pick up the call. It must be an emergency since they have been trying to get to you right.

Jong Hyun: Ya… I’m sorry..

 

You see him pressing on the call button and picking it up. Even though it wasn’t loud, but you could hear a faint girl voice. Its sound distress. And you could see his face went paled. Looking at you, you can guess he was trying to decide what to do. You sigh as you signal him to go. He looks at your expression wearily, not know if he should really do as you say. But you just give him a forced smile and nod your head. Which sends him up from his chair, still on the call, and rushing to run out. Somehow, you’re feeling okay. Maybe because you know that you didn’t expect much from this. And how both of you have talked it out. Standing up from the table, you started clearing. Putting the dish away and clearing up. You were enjoying the quiet moment when your doorbell rang. 

 

Y/N: Baek?

Baek Ho: Hey…

Y/N: What are you doing here?

Baek Ho: Can I come in?

Y/N: Sure, you need anything to drink?

Baek Ho: Nah I’m fine. Let’s sit I need to talk to you about something.

Y/N: You’re scaring me.

Baek Ho: So….. Soorin broke off our marriage contract.

Y/N: Wait…. What?

Baek Ho: I mean her parents informed us just now. Because…

Y/N: Of?

Baek Ho: She pregnant…

Y/N: Let me guess… with Jong’s child..

Baek Ho: You know what this means right?

Y/N: He will choose her over me. That’s why he ran off so fast.

Baek Ho: Y/N… you alright??

Y/N: Hmmm…

Baek Ho: You know I’ll always be there for you right.

Y/N: I’m really okay. You don’t have to pity me.

Baek Ho: I’m not pitying you. I’m being your friend.

Y/N: Thank you. Even though we always bicker so much, I know you always had my back.

Baek Ho: And I always will.

Y/N: So, does my parents know now?

Baek Ho: I think so..

Y/N: Speaking of the devil… My mum is calling me..

Baek Ho: Pick it up. I’ll be here.

 

Y/N: Hey… Hmmm… I heard… hmmm… okay….alright….. WHAT? What are you talking about? Is this even the right time for all of this? Right.. it’s always about your business. Whatever… Do what you want!

 

Baek Ho: Hey…. You alright? What’s going on?

Y/N: Both of my parents and Jong’s parents decided that we should just divorce. They already contacted Min Hyun for the documents. We are signing it next week.

Baek Ho: … you alright?

Y/N: Hmm… not surprising... this is all just a game to them. They are trying to cover up our divorce with some outrageous move. Not only that, but your parents are also involved with it as well. So, all of their company would not be impacted hugely. It’s all about the stocks to them.

Baek Ho: What do you mean?

Y/N: We are going to get married Baek…

Baek Ho: Wait! What?

Y/N: In 6 months’ time.

Baek Ho: ing hell!

Y/N: I’m sorry you had to be dragged in this mess. I know how much you hate to be tied down.

Baek Ho: NO! This is not your fault. How can they just throw you around like this! Did they even care about your feelings?

Y/N: You know they don’t.

Baek Ho: You’re not supposed to be treated like that!

Y/N: Baek it’s fine.

Baek Ho: No it’s not! I’m not going to agree with this. I’m not going to agree to trapping you.

Y/N: Baek.. you know nothing is going to stop them…

Baek Ho: ! Are you okay?

Y/N: I’m really fine Baek… How about you?

Baek Ho: I’m just angry at everything you are going to go through.

Y/N: I’m asking about how you feel about our marriage. I’m really sorry.

Baek Ho: Hey… I’m okay… It’s you, you know. I don’t mind. I would choose you over Soorin any other day. Hell, I would choose you over anyone. And only you…. You don’t have to worry about me. I’m more worried about how you feel now.

Y/N: Take me to your place?

Baek Ho: Are you sure?

Y/N: Ya… the movers are coming tomorrow anyway. They are moving my things to your place.

Baek Ho: They really work so fast huh.

Y/N: You bet. Let’s just go… I don’t want to be here..

Baek Ho: Come on… I’ll take care of you. I promise.

Y/N: I know. Thank you.

Baek Ho: Anytime sweetheart.

 

-

 

Everything was moving so fast. You feel like it was only yesterday that Baek Ho took you to his house. Letting you settle in his master bedroom. Offering his sweater for you to change in to. As he makes sure you are comfortable in his home. Constantly checking on you and asking if you need anything. And even pampering you with your favourite food and coffee. You still wonder how he knows what your preference are. Just like Jong Hyun, your best friend, knows what you like to eat. Baek Ho not only knows what you like but how you like your things. How you hate lukewarm drink and wants it extra hot. Or how you need to change out of your work clothes and freshen up before you could eat your dinner. Now a week later, you are standing infront of a law firm. All your things have already been moved to Baek Ho’s house. And you are going to finalised everything with your signature. You’re having mixed feelings and you’re not really sure how you feel. Because you had to face your best friend again. But as warm comforting hand encase itself to yours. You feel like you’ll be alright.

 

Baek Ho: I’ll be beside you all the way.

Y/N: Thank you.

 

As you walked to the floor and towards the meeting room. You’re met with none other than your best friend in the room. He was staring at the join hands of yours. Then proceeding to look up. Guilt was written on his face. Even when he didn’t say anything. As all of you sat down with Min Hyun passing the documents. And explaining to you about what is in the contract. You tune yourself off but you feel a light squeeze from your join hand. As the room become silent, you proceed to signed and write every detail needed. Passing the documents back to Min Hyun. You kind of feel a little lighter. Maybe it’s really going to be alright.

 

Jong Hyun: Can I talk to you for awhile?

 

Looking directly to you, your best friend shifts his gaze to his friend as well. But the hand encasing you is not bulging, only tightening as he stares head on at your best friend. Squeezing the hand in yours, he finally turns to look at you. Giving him a small smile to indicate you’re alright. He was finally whisk away by Min Hyun unwillingly out of the room. Leaving you and your best friend alone.

 

Jong Hyun: I’m really sorry…

Y/N: I don’t know what to say. All you ever do was to apologise. I really don’t feel like hearing it anymore.

Jong Hyun: I really don’t know what else to say… Are you alright?

Y/N: I will be…

Jong Hyun: Right…. Do you think we would ever become friends again…

Y/N: I’m not sure… Maybe… but I don’t think it’s anytime soon.

Jong Hyun: I’ll take it… You know I’ll still be here for you. I’m supposed to be your best friend…

Y/N: Hmm…

Jong Hyun: Thank you for everything. Thank you for loving me and tolerating everything when you shouldn’t.

Y/N: I hope you’ll be happy.

Jong Hyun: I hope you’ll be happy too. I’ll see you soon?

Y/N: Hmm… maybe.

Jong Hyun: You’re in good hands Y/N.

 

Standing up from your spot, you exit the room. Surprised by Baek Ho leaning against the pillar just outside the door. Straightening up from his spot, taking your hands in his again. Looking past you, he gives Jong Hyun a little nod, before proceeding to bring you back to his car. The car ride was silent the whole way. Only until both of you reach the confine of his home. You broke down. He said nothing, just bringing you to his arms. As he rubs comforting circle on your back. As your crying softens, he led you in the master bedroom you have been occupying as your room. Pushing you in to the toilet to change into his clothes to get more comfortable. Even though you have your own. But you don’t question it. Dragging you to the bed just as you step out, he has prepared a numerous amount of pillow on the bed. Tucking you in, he could sense you didn’t want to be alone. So, he got himself on the opposite side. Pulling you into his arms, as he whispers promises he made to you. His soft alluring voice drag the sleep out of you. And in no time, you’re in your slumber, dreaming of the warm and comforting feeling you have.

 

Baek Ho: Everything is going to be alright. I promise sweetheart. I’m not going to let anything hurt you again.

 

-

 

Baek Ho was nothing but accommodating though. Living with him was like having a roommate that pampers you. He was always around, sending you off to your office when he has time. Before doing his rounds at his family’s banks. He knows how stress you would be going to office alone trying to see pass everyone’s judgment. Always bringing you up and only going off when you’re in your own confinement of office. Making sure you’re comfortable and asking you to call him an hour before hand when you want to knock off. So, he could be here to get you. Even though your staff don’t put it out there, you could tell from the tense atmosphere. That’s why most of the time you make do with working from home and going for routine site check. Life was settling in good. He makes sure you have everything you need to feel comfortable. It a little funny how you’re getting so comfortable and used to the way he would shower you with whatever you need.

Sometimes you can’t help but wonder if it was because he pities you. But he would always constantly remind you of how it is just what he wants to do it. Not only that he has become so involved with your wedding planning. You know for sure he didn’t care about it when his partner was Soorin. But you accidently heard his conversation one day with his parents about how he wanted to look at everything and choose what he wants on the weeding. Since then, he has been asking you questions on what type of vibe you like. What’s your favourite colour. And what’s your favourite flavours was. Sometimes even straight up even pulling out a handbook of Pinterest board and asking which one you like. You told him truthfully you didn’t want a big wedding. Just a small one because you can’t take the pressure. Especially this was your second one this year. And funny how he fought tooth and hard with his parents for your decision.

You’re really thankful for him. And you can’t help but wonder why he was home so much. Because one thing for sure is that he was known for his sleeping habit. Going from girls to girls. Just how does he find the time to do that when he was always home and making sure you’re alright. Always texting you when he was out, telling you what he was doing and when he was going to come back. You can’t help but wonder if it would be right to fall for him. But you can’t let the thought even cross your mind. Because it’s not a line you could cross. Not again, even if Baek Ho is not Jong Hyun. You know that they are still in the same position as before, being forced to married. Even when all of your parents conjure out a lie about how Baek Ho has change his way because he fell in love with you. And how Jong Hyun and you just weren’t working well, after living together. So, both of you decided to let each other go and stayed as friends. That’s when Baek Ho came and sweep you off your feet. Romantic right? The things all of your parents can do just for the sake of money, image and reputation. Maybe Baek Ho is just keeping his side of the story. It would be bad if he got caught “cheating” even before both of your marriage.

 

-

 

As the door opens for the second time of your life, you still can’t help but feel your stomach sinking. Just like before it’s because you hate the situation, you’re in. And you had to experience it the second time of your life. But as you walk down the aisle this time. You can’t help but lift your head and look at the end. Your eyes met your husband, and you can’t help but think he has been staring at you since the door opened. His lips upturn into a smile as he never breaks the eye contact with you. Even when your dad has already pass you over to him. And both of you is standing infront waiting to say your vows. His hand finds yours easily, as he gives you a little squeeze. Dispersing the sinking you had in your stomach. And when it’s time to seal the deal, you can’t help but let your heart flutter as he pulls you close to him. Placing a soft kiss on your forehead, then proceeding to whisper words only for you to hear.

 

Baek Ho: You look so beautiful.

 

Those words echo in your mind, even when you had already changed into your night gown. Seated with your usual group of friends. And him seated beside you the whole time. Not even leaving your side once. Especially not when Soorin and you ex-husband came to congratulate you. You don’t feel the need to hate her or him. You have long accepted the outcome. And you’re glad that you have push pass these times and let him go fully. It’s good for your heart. And when Soorin ask your ex-husband to talk things out with you. She left his side, and you assure your husband you’ll be alright. Only then he left, unwilling as well.

 

Jong Hyun: So.. How are you feeling?

Y/N: I’m alright

Jong Hyun: Y/N, you don’t have to lie.

Y/N: No… I mean honestly, I feel fine. The wedding is nice. The food and setting are perfect.

Jong Hyun: Because it is what you like?

Y/N: Hmm… I pick it out myself. I did good with the starry night theme. Don’t you think?

Jong Hyun: Ya, I can see that. It’s so you. But how do you feel about being with Baek Ho?

Y/N: He is nice. Just like how he has always been. Nice, caring, accommodating and understanding.

Jong Hyun: I’m glad.

Y/N: Glad that he is treating me nice?

Jong Hyun: No, I mean I’m glad you’re comfortable with him. I know he would treat you well no doubt.

Y/N: Why?

Jong Hyun: Y/N… He has been crushing on you since both of you had met.

Y/N: What?

Jong Hyun: If not why has he been giving me death glares since everything that happen. Even though I am supposed to be his friend as well. Not that what I did was right or anything. I would beat myself up if I could as well. For how I treated you. And I’m really sorry.

Y/N: But?

Jong Hyun: He really likes you Y/N.. That’s why he is so protective over you.

Y/N: It doesn’t make sense when he has the highest body count compared to all of you. Through the years.

Jong Hyun: He is not blind like me or you. Because he was always at the side-line looking. He somehow would know your liking for me. Must be why he never dare to do anything about it.

Y/N: Hmm..

Jong Hyun: I’m sorry to put that on you. I just wanted you to see that he could treat you the way you deserve.

Y/N: I understand.

Jong Hyun: You alright?

Y/N: Ya I’m okay. I’m better than before.

 

As your conversation ends, both of you head back to the table to enjoy the rest of the night with your friends. And as you sat down beside your husband, he took your hands in his straight away. Looking at you, trying to find any trace of emotion, you had. The worried look on his face, you can’t help but let your heart flutter at that. Giving him a smile and a squeeze of his hand. You reassure him that you’re alright. But it doesn’t stop him from checking on you time to time and glaring at your ex-husband from across the table through the night.

As the night ends, and you’re finally back home. You can’t help wanting to scream in relief as you finally change into something comfortable. Finally crawling into your bed, eyes going to close. There is knocking on your door and in came your husband. Wearing a lose black top and black shorts.

 

Baek Ho: Hey…

Y/N: Hmm..

Baek Ho: Sleepyhead you alright?

Y/N: Tired..

Baek Ho: How are you feeling?

Y/N: I’m okay

Baek Ho: What did Jong Hyun say to you?

Y/N: We just talk it out. We are good. Nothing to worry about.

Baek Ho: Hmm… I’m glad. Do you want me to stay with you here tonight?

Y/N: Ya, that would be nice.

Baek Ho: Come on, move over sleepyhead.

 

As both of you are snuggled in your bed. Your head resting on his chest you can’t help but want to say what you have learned today.

 

Y/N: Jong told me something…

Baek Ho: What did he tell you? You sure you’re okay? Do I need to beat him up for you?

Y/N: Okay calm down big guy. I’m okay. No, it’s just something about you liking me since we had met…

 

There you hear it loud and clear. The rapid increase of his heart, wanting nothing more than to make him feel at ease. You squeeze your arms hugging around him. As you look up at him connecting your eyes to his, you give him a small smile. Trying to ease his thought process.

 

Baek Ho: Ya…. I… I’ve like you ever since.

Y/N: Was it because you know about my feelings for Jong. That’s why you never said anything?

Baek Ho: It’s so obvious looking at both of you. So, I knew I never really stood a chance. You know I would never pressure you into anything. I’m sorry you found out. I never want you to be uncomfortable with me. Especially I know you still like him.

Y/N: I was never pressured or uncomfortable around you. You always make sure that I’m alright. And I’m thankful for that. But no. I don’t like him. Not anymore. I have already long accepted the fact and got over it.

Baek Ho: That’s good to hear.

Y/N: But how are you feeling?

Bak Ho: Me? I’m happy. How can I not be. I’m married to someone I have come to love, more than half my life. And she looks so beautiful today. Not that she looks anything less on any other day. But you look exceptional today. Can’t take my eyes off you. And even now you’re here in my arms. …. I can’t express how happy am I.

 

Looking at you lovingly, you really can’t help your heart from pounding as well against his. Smiling back up at him. You know you’ll be alright. Especially with him there. He can’t help but bring you closer to him placing a kiss on your forehead.

 

Baek Ho: Go to sleep sweetheart. We’re going to have a long day for the next few days.

Y/N: Huh..

Baek Ho: We’re going to Greece.

Y/N: What??

Baek Ho: Don’t worry. I already packed your luggage a few days ago. Just that I remember that one time Jong Hyun and you fighting about the most romantic place on earth is. I remember you saying that Greece was one of the places you wanted to travel to one day. So, I thought why not. It’s for our honeymoon. I’m sorry for not telling you first. I want to surprise you.

Y/N: No… Baek… it’s okay. I’m excited. And shocked at how you remember. But Thank you. I really can’t wait.

Baek Ho: Than go to sleep then. The faster you fall asleep, the faster the sun will rise, and we will be off to our flight sweetheart.

 

-

 

Before you know it, you’re sitting in the airplane seat. Eyes drooping as you seek comfort in using your husband shoulder as your head rest. You’re knock out for the entire flight. Walking drowsy to the departing gate. Your husband has to carry both of your luggage and hold on to you at the same time. But it was only for a short while as your driver came in view to pick both of you up. As you get into the car, you can’t help but feel excited. As your tiredness suddenly exits your body. Looking at the scenery as the car drove down to the hotel. You can’t help but feel happy.

As a good husband, he has been taking pictures for you everywhere you went. Volunteering to take it for you and even drag you to a spot when he finds a nice one, just to take a picture for you. With the overwhelming excitement you feel with your surrounding you can’t help but just enjoy yourself. It has been a long time since you feel like this. And you know you’re going to miss this place when you leave. Even when this was only the first day you have step on to this country's ground.

 

Baek Ho: Come on! I found this nice shop. It would look good on pictures.

Y/N: No… Stop. You don’t have to take so many pictures for me.

Baek Ho: Come on I just want to. You’re already here. Might as well right. And I want to remember this.

Y/N: Let’s take one then.

Baek Ho: Huh?

Y/N: Let’s take at least one picture together.

Baek Ho: Why?

Y/N: Baek.. why not? I want too… Don’t you want?

Baek Ho: I mena Ya.. I would love to… I just don’t understand why you would want a picture with me…

Y/N: Because you’re you. And I would love too as well. Come on! Snap one now!

Baek Ho: Okay

Y/N: I think I like this the most out of everything you had taken today..

Baek Ho: Sweetheart…

Y/N: Baby..

Baek Ho: WHAT??

Y/N: What you don’t like it? You always call me sweetheart. I just want a name I could call you by…

Baek Ho: No I mean… I just… Arghh.. Stop playing with me…

Y/N: I’m not playing with you.. I mean it. Baby..

Baek Ho: I’m not him…

Y/N: Huh?

Baek Ho: I’m not Jong Hyun…

Y/N: Why are you talking about him?

Baek Ho: Because I’ll never be him. I know you love him. I just want you to know that I’m not him. I don’t want to disappoint you..

Y/N: okay! First of all. I know you’re not him. Second, I loved him. I don’t love him anymore. Third, why are you comparing yourself to him? I don’t want you to be him. And lastly, you never disappoint me. You never could baby…

 

Looking at him, you could see the tears welled up in his eyes as he avoids your sight. Trying to calm his emotion down. But stepping towards him and cupping his face up to meet your eyes. You can’t help but kiss the tears that was escaping his eyes. Placing a kiss on his forehead, then both of his cheeks then his nose. You can’t help but to contact your lips with his. Because you want to see his smile again. His smile was warm and comforting and your favourite thing about him. Especially with how his eyes turn in to a crescent when he smiles. You can’t help but want to always see that on his face. If loving Jong Hyun was heart pounding like a roller coaster ride. Loving Baek Ho was like drinking a cup of hot chocolate on a cold day. Comforting and something you seek to come home for. He was warm and reassuring, like your safe heaven. You just can’t help but fall right there.

No words needed to describe what you feel for him anymore. Especially when you’re the one connecting both of your lips. As both of you stop to take a breath, forehead resting on each other. He can’t help as a smile turn up on his face, while nuzzling your nose with his after that. Arms cirling around your waist and pulling you close to him. No space between each other, as your heart warms up at the gesture. You finally understand what Jong Hyun meant by saying “You’re in good hands, Y/N.”