Secret Couples In Private Booths

Love is deaf

"Joshua and Jeonghan went on a date the other day." Mingyu was baking cookies in Wonwoo's kitchen on a Sunday afternoon as Wonwoo watched him from the counter. His shoulders looked broad especially from the back and it drove Wonwoo crazy.

"I hope it works out between them."

"Me too. Jeonghan still seems to see him as a friend and not a potential boyfriend and it's a bit fustrating." Mingyu sighed and began to mix the cookie dough.

"I'm sure they'll get there eventually."

"I know, it's just that Jeonghan is the flirtiest person I know yet he still has no idea whats going on." Mingyu's hand slipped from the spoon he was holding and into the cookie mix "Dammit."

It wasn't a secret that he was angry about the whole situation. He wanted what was best for his friend but Jeonghan was making that difficult.

Mingyu approached Wonwoo and the counter and slotted his hips between his legs that were dangling off the edge. "Sorry," he said, "I'm just stressed."

"That's ok. How about we clean up and go out instead. I owe you a meal."

"Ok." Mingyu smiled and turned to clean up the counter but not before smearing a handful of cookie dough on Wonwoo's face.

"Mingyu!"

"What?" He held his hands above his head innocently. Big mistake.

Wonwoo leaped at the cookie mix on the table and turned in upside down onto Mingyu's head. Like a literal bowl cut but not really.

"Oh my God. Too far Wonwoo!" Mingyu's eyes went wide as he took the bowl off his head, showing off his pointy canines as his jaw dropped.

He then grabbed an egg from the side and advanced but Wonwoo held out his hand stopping him before he turned the situation into another food fight.

"Don't even think about it."

"I was just gonna-" Mingyu held his arm guiding it to his side before leaning down and attacking his lips.

The sudden kiss threw Wonwoo off track and his mind blurred. All he could think about at that moment was that the cookie dough tasted good but Mingyu tastes better and as he closed his eyes and kissed back he failed to notice Mingyu raise his arm above his head.

CRACK!

Mingyu cackled at his boyfriend covered in egg only earning a punch in the ribs in return. "We gotta shower now thanks to you."

"That's not a bad thing if it's with you."

"In your dreams."

Mingyu whistled, "Every night."

"ert."

-

Wonwoo took Mingyu out to a restaurant. It was the poshest one he could find in their little city. They sat next to eachother in a private booth at the corner of the shop and Wonwoo loved every second of their date (minus the part were he had to pay a price so shocking he almost had a miny panic attacks as he swiped his credit card) because he was with Mingyu. They chatted for hours and ate the most delicious food. Everything was perfect...well, almost.

Every ying comes with a yang and everything good has to be emphasised with something bad. Its how the world works, no one can stop it. In this case, the couples yang happened to come in the form of two men hand in hand that strolled into the restaurant and were seated in the booth beside them. Two men that they knew and weren't supposed to be holding hands at all.

"Please tell me I didn't just see that." Mingyu dropped his cutlery onto his plate and held up a finger. Wonwoo just continued to chew hoping Mingyu wouldn't blow a fuse.

"Wonwoo, please tell me I'm hallucinating."

"Just leave it, Mingyu. Don't let it ruin our night." Wonwoo whispered in hopes the two men in the booth beside them wouldn't hear or else things were about to get very awkward.

Then Mingyu stood up.

"Don't." Wonwoo said sternly but was ignored as he watched his boyfriend disappear round the corner.

"What the hell are you two doing here?!"

Oh no. Wonwoo stood up to and hurried to retreave Mingyu before a fight broke out in the restaurant.

"We're... eating." Seungcheol's eyes narrowed in confusion at Mingyu who had just gatecrashed his evening.

"And when exactly were you planning on telling me?"

Seungcheol looked at his date then back at Mingyu, "Why would we have to tell you that we're eating?"

Mingyu clenched his fist but Wonwoo grabbed his arm before he did anything drastic and he seemed to relax in his touch.

"Mingyu, it's not what it looks like." Seungcheol's date finally spoke. Bad idea.

"Oh really, Jeonghan? Because to me it looks like you're on a date with your boyfriend doing couple things like holding hands and staring into eachothers eyes." The taller scowled. His eyebrows were furrowed casting a dark shadow over his eyes. A ruthless storm raged in his chest, heating up his entire body and casting angry lightning through his veins. He breathed in and his lungs felt tense and fused as if they were two bombs ready to errupt into an explosion of angry yelling and harsh insults. Wonwoo had never seen him so annoyed before, it was kind of scary.

"Calm down, Mingmong." Wonwoo whispered in his ear in attempts of lightening the mood knowing that a newfound temper was about to come bursting into view.

"We are on a date... is there something I'm missing?" Seungcheol intervened again but was ignored.

"What about Joshua, hm? Were you planning on telling him any time soon or did you want to lead him on just a little while longer, Jeonghan?"

Jeonghan's eyebrows furrowed but you couldn't quite tell whether it was fake confusion from the guilt or not. "Joshua and I are just-"

"Save it, Jeonghan. I'm more than hurt that you never told any of us. You knew that Joshua was falling head over heels for you. You're a total backstabber!"

"I didn't know! I promise!"

"Yeah right. It's all anybodies been talking about on the group chat for the past week!"

"Alright, alright! I'm sorry."

"It's a bit late to be sorry now. You better think up a way to fix this quick before I-"

"Mingyu!" Wonwoo knew he had to interrupt. Mingyu's face had turned red and Wonwoo thought he saw tears welling up in his eyes. It was incredible how protective of Joshua he was being and in truth it did make Wonwoo slightly jealous. "We should go."

Mingyu grabbed Wonwoo's hand and squeezed it tight, "You're a real dickhead, Jeonghan. I hope you know that. Don't tell Joshua and let me sort this out, you've already messed it up enough." with that he left the couple, mouths open wide, in their booth. Luckily Wonwoo had already paid for their food beforehand since he would've had no time when Mingyu dragged him from the restaurant.

As they walked, or rather stormed, to the car Wonwoo felt the grip around his hand tighten to the point at which his bones were ready to break. Mingyu was fuming and quite obviously upset. Wonwoo hadn't really seen him a such a state before and didn't know what would come next. In all honesty, he was scared.

"Mingyu, you're hurting me." Wonwoo didn't want to anger him anymore but the pain in his hand was too much.

Mingyu's scowl dropped almost instantly leaving the eyes of a hopeless puppy behind. He looked down at where their hands were joined and quickly let go.

"Oh my God. Wonwoo, I'm so sorry." He said and Wonwoo thinks he heard his voice crack. He grabbed his boyfriends fingers again but gently this time and sandwhiched it between both of his hands, hoping it would make it hurt a little less. "I shouldn't have done that. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you."

Wonwoo didn't know how to respond and instead just watched as Mingyu bowed his head and clenched his eyes shut. "I don't know why I'm so mad." He sniffed a bit and brought Wonwoo's hands to his forehead. He looked lost and vulnerable and in need of a hug. "I guess I just wanted to give Joshua a reason to be happy since I took that away from him long ago but I failed him, Wonwoo. He didn't deserve any of the I put him through."

Still stunned, confused and worried, Wonwoo brought Mingyu's head to his lips and held him close. "It's ok." He lied.

"Its not. How am I going to tell him?"

"I don't know. But it's not the end of the world. Things will definitely get easier for all of us. Just give it time...I guess."

Mingyu nodded and pulled away. Maybe there were tears across his cheeks, Wonwoo couldn't tell in the dark shadows of the evening but felt sorry for him regardless.

"Let's go home and sleep. I'll lie on your chest and let you fiddle with my hair because I know you like that." He knew he was awful at cheering people up but tried his best.

Mingyu nodded again. "Can we watch a movie too? But not a scary one. I don't like those."

"Anything that will make you happy."

His face lit up a little. "Really? Then can you wear a suit and kiss my hand like in the movies?"

"Anything but that. Your fantasies are weird Mingmong."

__

a/n: sometimes i like trying to make the chapter titles sound like fall out boy songs