Loveliest

Love is deaf

Soonyoung spoke. He said something along the lines of "Just tell me the truth."

"Please use sign language. I don't care who sees anymore." Wonwoo frowned. He was fed up of having to hide everything from everyone.

"This could be a lot faster if you told the truth." Soonyoung's actions were timid.

"I was telling the truth. Why would I lie about that?" Wonwoo signed too.

"It seemed like you were just saying it for attention. It's difficult to believe."

It had only taken a few comments from Soonyoung and Wonwoo was already fuming. He was being a complete idiot for no reason whatsoever.

The entire time Jihoon sat behind them watching in confusion. Before, he had no idea Wonwoo was deaf and it took him a while to figure out why the two boys were waving their arms around and pulling over exaggerated facial expressions.

"I'll prove it." Wonwoo said out loud.

Soonyoung nodded as if to say "I dare you to try." So Wonwoo called Mingyu over.

"You ok, baby?" He whispered so that Soonyoung couldn't hear.

"No. I'm so mad right now. Can we just get this over and done with so I can get out of here as fast as possible?"

"Alright." Mingyu flashed him an encouraging smile before turning to Soonyoung "Since you're finding it so difficult to trust that your best friend is not lying I'm going to say something to Wonwoo and if he hears it he's going to repeat it." Wonwoo could tell he was scowling by the sound of his voice but as soon as he turned to look at him again his face softened.

"You ready?" Mingyu said.

Wonwoo nodded.

"Mingyu wants Wonwoo to know," He started and his boyfriend repeated him exactly.

"That he is the most wonderful person he has ever met,"

"That he is the most wonderful person he has ever met," Wonwoo smiled as he spoke Mingyu's words.

"And even though he gets very sad sometimes,"

"And even though he gets very sad sometimes,"

"Mingyu wants him to know that he is perfect in every way despite what anybody else says."

"Mingyu wants him to know..." Wonwoo's voice trailed off into an utterly adorable smile.

"You could've just lip read all that." Soonyoung interrupted with a deadpan voice trampling on the butterflies in his stomach that Mingyu had given him, crumpling their wings and crushing their bodies below his feet wrecklessly.

"It seems pretty legit to me." Jihoon said in the background. "Stop being such a Debby downer, Soon."

Mingyu frowned and turned his back to Wonwoo so he couldn't see his mouth and therefore couldn't possibly lipread "Can you still hear me, Wonwoo?" He said out loud.

"Yes. I can hear you." Wonwoo replied, hugely hurt that he had to go so far to convince his friend.

"Ok, then tell Soonyoung I think he's being a total di-"

"This is ridiculous." Wonwoo huffed and march towards his best friend, "If you don't want to believe me then fine. I'm not going to waste any more time screwing around like this!" He spat and Soonyoung scowled in reply.

Wonwoo wanted to hit him and it took every muscle in his body to stop himself. Eventually he gave up and stormed out of the shop, Mingyu on his tail.

"He makes me so ing angry!" Wonwoo yelled lamming his fists into the wall outside and breathing against the bricks trying to calm himself.

"Maybe it was too soon to talk to him again."

"Or maybe Soonyoung's just a douchebag."

"Calm down, Wonwoo. We'll fix this."

"Don't even bother, Mingyu. You can't fix this and nor can I. No one can fix what happened to me." Wonwoo was no longer talking about the awful tension between him and his friend and more so his condition. He was imprisoned by his deafness and his cell wasn't designed to be escaped. He had to put up with the inconvenience of not hearing for the rest of his life.

"But you can hear me."

"I know... but... I just wish things were different."

"I know you do Wonwoo. And if I had the ability to change everything for you I would do it in a heartbeat... but we can find another way, together." .

Little did Mingyu know, he had already changed everything for Wonwoo but the situation was too much of a mess for that fact to comfortably settle with either of them.

He had now enveloped Wonwoo in his arms and was holding his ear close to his beating heart hoping- praying- that Wonwoo might hear even a single thump in his ribcage

"Baby, let's go home." Mingyu whispered against Wonwoo's head as he kissed his hair softly.

"What about your work?"

"You're way more important."

Wonwoo smiled and nodded. He had calmed down now a considerable amount all thanks to his boyfriend.

As Mingyu drove back to his apartment he found himself unconsciously reaching to turn on the car radio but soon remembered Wonwoo wouldn't be able to hear it so instead leaned back in his seat and sung quietly.

"When I see your face,
There's not a thing that I would change,
Because you're amazing,
Just the way you are."

The song was cliché and made Wonwoo cringe but he couldn't help but feel unbelievably happy hearing such a honey sweet voice.

"You're cheesy." He grinned.

"But you're falling deeply for it." Mingyu smirked, eyes still on the road.

"You're right." By this time Wonwoo had already forgotten about Soonyoung and their arguement, or at least managed to push it to the very back of his mind. Mingyu somehow kept all the bad thoughts and feelings at bay.

"What do you wanna do when we get back?" Mingyu asked.

Wonwoo let out a thoughtful sigh as he watched the outside world fly passed the window. He thought it represented his life quite well; stuck in a sound proof machine whilst the rest of the world whizzed by.

"I don't know." It took him longer than normal to reply but Mingyu waited patiently. "What do you want to do?"

Mingyu stayed silent but not the sort of silence that meant he was thinking carefully about his answer. It was a silence that showed he was too embarrassed to reply with the first thought that came into his head.

Wonwoo's cheeks turned a shade of red to match Mingyu's but he wasn't entirely why.

"Kiss you."

"Gross." Wonwoo deadpanned, still blushing.

Mingyu gasped comically as he turned a corner in the road, "Why do you always insult my affection?"

"Because your affection makes me cringe."

"You are such a liar. Just because I'm driving doesn't mean I can't see you blushing."

"I'm not blushing!"

"Liar."

"I'm not!"

"Yes, you are." Mingyu sang.

"Urgh, I hate you." Wonwoo crossed his arms and tried to dim his smile.

Mingyu took the opportunity to even more "Oh. Ok, I can just drop you home if you like."

"Wait, no!"

Mingyu laughed at how Wonwoo sat up straight all of a sudden and grabbed his arm. "I was kidding. I'll never leave you alone, unless you want me to."

"Good." The boy with beige hair sat back down in his seat.

When they finally arrived Mingyu held Wonwoo's hand up the several flights of stairs. They were both tired once they reached the top but the buzz of electricity resonating from their skin touching made their bodies whir with a newfound energy.

"So... can I kiss you?" Mingyu said quietly once they had closed the front door behind them.

Wonwoo rolled his eyes. He went to the kitchen and sat on the counter and Mingyu followed like a lost puppy.

"Just once?" He pouted and approached Wonwoo, slotting himself between his knees.

"No." Wonwoo grinned and grabbed Mingyu's collar pulling him closer until their noses were touching. He let his breathe prick heat onto Mingyu's lips as his eyes widened and his cheeks turned a new shade of pink that Wonwoo absolutely adored.

Then Mingyu's gaze narrowed and a smirk was introduced to his lips "Damn, you're so hot when you're being confusing."

"Mingyu, that literally makes no sense." Wonwoo tugged on the front of his shirt pulling their lips together.

Dominating their kiss was immensely exhilerating. It sent a rush of accomplishment through Wonwoo's body giving him a confidence boost like no other. He gripped Mingyu's shirt tighter, closing a gap between them that hardly existed, as Mingyu ran his fingers across every bump of Wonwoo's spine then let a hand creep up the back of his shirt.

Wonwoo tried pulling away to speak but Mingyu's lips were practically superglued to his. A light push on his chest finally seperated them though and they both took a second to regain steady breathing.

"Mingyu,"

Mingyu hummed in response as his eyes got lost in Wonwoo's.

"You make me so happy. Thank you." Wonwoo's voice had turned to a murmer no louder than the air around them.

Then Mingyu cupped his hands and connected their foreheads to speak the words that he had only dreamt of hearing.

"I love you."

"I think I love you too."

Mingyu's breath was warm against his lips. "You think?" He questioned with a grin.

"No, actually, I know."

Wonwoo was on top of the world; totally at peace and utterly in love. When Mingyu leant in for yet another dance with his lips the feeling in his chest and stomach was completely overpowering, as if a wonderful cornucopia of bright lights were winding around his insides like sparklers and trials of fiery desire.

Mingyu buzzed with passionate adrenaline. He picked Wonwoo up from the counter and kissed harder. First against the wall, holding Wonwoo up by his thighs. Then against the bedroom door and and finally the bed. Their bodies were heated and rosy and their hearts were beating insanely fast, ready to errupt from their ribcages. Mingyu placed a soft kiss on Wonwoo's neck and he giggled, not only because it tickled but because in that very moment he was truly happy and it was the best feeling ever.

"That was so cute." Mingyu mumbled against his skin before kissing him once more on the lips.

-

 

"Let's start our book!" The idea came to Wonwoo suddenly as they were cuddling on the sofa talking about sweet nothings.

"Good idea." Mingyu smiled before untangling his hand from Wonwoo's sandy hair and walking to the kitchen to get the red notebook he had bought Wonwoo.

He had purchased a fountain pen too knowing Wonwoo would enjoy the aesthetic.

"How do you want to start?" Mingyu asked as he settled back into the sofa.

"I want you to write it. You're so good with words, I've always thought you should write a book. It can be like your diary." Wonwoo lay his head against Mingyu's thighs.

A proud blush settled on Mingyu's cheeks as he smiled. "What would I even write about though?"

"Us! Then we can keep it forever and read it whenever we feel lonely or apart."

"And you call me cheesy." Mingyu opened the notebook to the first page and smoothed the new sepia sheet.

In his neatest handwriting, whilst trying hard not to smudge the ink, he wrote "Our Love Story." followed by their names in a heart.

"You're the cheesiest." Wonwoo cuddled up to Mingyu's arm and rested his chin against his shoulder.

Mingyu turned to the next page and wrote the date at the top. "Are you sure you don't want to write in it too?"

"I'm sure. I want to see the world through your words."

"So, you want me to write it all? By myself?"

Wonwoo thought for a second. "Yes. But could you write a lot about sounds too? I want to read what you hear so I can try to imagine it."

"Of course."

Mingyu got to work describing every small detail of that day in the little red book. He wouldn't let Wonwoo see telling him it was a surprise and he had to read it when Mingyu wasn't around. He eventually gave in trying to peak over his shoulder and started flicking through Mingyu's netflix account.

"Baby," Mingyu mumbled after a while of silence.

"Yeah?"

"How do you spell 'loveliest'?"

"Are you serious?"

"Yeah. Is it spelt with a Y or an E?"

Wonwoo facepalmed hard enough to crack his skull. "E"

Mingyu paused for a second then giggled "Oh yeah!"

Maybe letting him write the entire story wasn't such a great idea afterall.