Crush

Love is deaf

Needless to say they lost. Wonwoo tripped on his shoelace as they were running for cover resulting in Mingyu getting a paintball to the face as he tried to help him up. Then as if things couldn't get any more embarrassing for Wonwoo he accidently shot himself in the chest whilst fumbling with his gun, Mingyu spent so much time laughing that he didn't notice Jeonghan creep up behind him. The four boys exited the room, half of them covered head to toe in paint the other half smiling brightly.

"Guess we're buying lunch then." Wonwoo sighed as they took off their protective clothes and handed them to a member of staff.

"It's ok. I'll pay."

"But you pay for everything."

"It's because I love you."

Wonwoo smiled through a cherry blush "You're so cheesy."

Joshua and Jeonghan took advantage of their free meal and bought almost everything on the menu. Wonwoo settled for a small burger since he felt bad and Mingyu had some chicken nuggets. They didn't talk much, maybe because it felt awkward to chat when a deaf person was at the table and texting on the group chat would mean having to include 9 other people on their double date however, Wonwoo did notice Joshua steal a few timid glances of Jeonghan as he ate. It reminded Wonwoo of the time he used to spend with Mingyu before they were dating- the shy stares and prominent butterflies. It was clear Joshua was catching feelings for the boy beside him, Wonwoo just hoped that Jeonghan felt the same way too.

"Should we head home." Mingyu said once they had finished their food.

Wonwoo nodded. He couldn't wait to flop onto Mingyu's bed and fall asleep. It had been a long day. Mingyu drove him to the other side of town though and the anticipation faded.

"Is it alright if I come and sleep at yours? I miss your apartment."

"Oh. Sure."

"And even though I only said we could do this if we won the game, I'll make you some nice hot chocolate anyway. We should build a pillow fort to sleep in too, you're beds too small. And if you want we can read that book I bought you."

People say describing exactly why you love someone is impossible, it's like explaining what water tastes like. For Wonwoo that's not true. He loves Mingyu because he's understanding and does everything he can to make him happy. He felt cared for and appreciated because of him. He wasn't an outcast or a loner and nor was he strange or a burden. To Mingyu, Wonwoo was a gift, a jewel, something that deserved to be treasured and so he treated him like that and that was all Wonwoo had ever wanted. And as Wonwoo unlocked the door of his aging apartment with Mingyu's arms around his waist and stomach against his back he felt that feeling more than ever. It tingled under every inch of his skin like sweet roses blossoming in his veins. His actions were almost automatic after than; turning his head so he could capture Mingyu's lips in a polaroid kiss. Spinning the rest of his body around and wrapping his arms around Mingyu's neck was almost second nature and running a hand into his hair was practically a reflex reaction.

The two stood in the doorway as one. Intertwined, chest against chest and heart against heart. Their lips fit perfectly in one anothers and their heartbeats drummed in sync because they were made for eachother and nothing in the world could ever break that bond, or so they thought.

Mingyu wrote in his little red notebook that night as Wonwoo sat beside him reading a book and sipping on his hot chocolate. It had become routine to Mingyu now and he seemed to take the notebook everywhere he went. Wonwoo was still forbidden to read it though.

"It's not ready." Mingyu would say whenever Wonwoo tried to sneak a peak. "Just wait a little longer."

The pillow fort they built afterwards was immense. Bunting and fairylights brought festive life to the colourful sheets that hung gracefully all across Wonwoo's living room. It was almost twice the size as their first one and definitely double the amount of comfiness. The two chatted for what seemed like hours, it must have been 5am by the time they finally drifted off. They spoke about nothing in particular and just said what was on their mind. Both of them were comfortable enough to share every secret and every fear letting the other in on their darkest troubles and most uncertain worries.

"Mingyu," Wonwoo his side to look his boyfriend in the eye. They were lying on mountains of pillows staring into space letting their thoughts rome free.

Mingyu hummed in reply, too tired to speak but his eyes said "I'm listening and I will always be."

"Have you ever wondered, if we broke up, what the reason would be?"

"We won't break up."

"But if we did."

Mingyu thought for a second letting the quiet of the night creep between them. He didn't know the answer and he didn't want to know the answer because imagining a life without Wonwoo seemed to bring a throbbing to his chest. It was something he would never wish for or even dream about because at that moment in time he had everything he had ever wanted and it was all contained in the body of a beautiful human.

"The reason wouldn't be that we fell out of love, I know that for sure, because I don't think I could ever stop loving you."

Wonwoo smiled and Mingyu caught the happy twinkle in his eyes before they were forced shut by fatigue.

"Goodnight baby. Sleep well."

-

Wonwoo woke up missing Mingyu's arms around him. He had already left for work while Wonwoo was sleeping but didn't forget to leave him a bacon sandwhich on the kitchen table for his brunch. Wonwoo scrolled through his phone as he ate it. Over 100 texts on the group chat had been sent since he last checked most of which were messages directed at Joshua, teasing him about his obvious crush on Jeonghan, although some were friendly how are you's and stories about their days. One text caught Wonwoo's eye, however, as he skimmed up the chat. At first he scrolled past it too fast to probably see what it was and all he knew was that it was a photo. Then curiousity took control of his thumbs and he scrolled back down. It was a picture of him sleeping, sent by Mingyu and captioned "I think I'm the luckiest man alive." Wonwoo couldn't help but grin as he read it and wondered what on Earth he did to deserve such a precious boyfriend. Many replies were aw's from Mingyu's friends and Jihoon of course commented "ur so creepy mingyu wtf."

Wonwoo finished off his bacon sandwhich and dumped his plate somewhere on the kitchen counter by the sink (I'll clean it later he promised himself) and lazily made his way to the bathroom. A notification from his phone interrupted him brushing his teeth and an exciting anticipation that it may be a text from Mingyu took over. He was disappointed, however, to see a message from an unknown number. Wonwoo never learnt about e-safety in school and that opening texts from unknown numbers could be dangerous but even if he did he probably would've opened it anyway which is a good thing too since the text was from the company that had interviewed him the day before.

'Hello Wonwoo. Thank you for coming to the interview on Thursday, it was a pleasure to meet you. I would like to inform you now that you have gotten the job as assistant editor at our company! There is no need to come in for another interview since I have already decided you would be perfect at the job. I look forward to working along side you, Jeon Wonwoo. See you on Monday at 8am! - Seohyun'

 

"Holy..." Wonwoo's heart was beating fast enough to explode from his stomach "."

 

He read the message a second time and then a third to make sure he wasn't imagining it. After the fifth read-through the reality of the situation hit him and he nearly screamed. He had got the job! The first clear thought that came to his head was "I have to tell Mingyu." so he scrambled into his contacts and hit his boyfriends ID, putting the phone to his ear.

 

He still had his toothbrush in his mouth when Mingyu answered but was too flustered to think straight so started talking anyway.

 

"Mingyu! I got the-"

 

"I can't understand a word you are saying. Whats in your mouth?"

 

"Oh sorry" Wonwoo spat out his toothpaste and put the toothbrush on the side of the sink. "I got the job!"

 

"Holy !"

 

"I know! That's what I said!" Talking to Mingyu about it made him ten times more excited.

 

"I'm so proud of you. That's amazing!" Wonwoo could hear Mingyu's smile throughvhis voice, "I told you you would get it."

 

"You were right for once in your life."

 

"Ouch." Mingyu laughed.

 

"I'm starting on Monday."

 

"That's great. I'll drive you there before work. Look, I gotta go now, my customer is looking at me funny. See you tonight baby." Mingyu blew a kiss into the phone before hanging up.

 

Wonwoo then went to his messaging app were he selected the group chat in which all his new friends were arguing over whether toast can be turned back into bread. It couldn't, could it?

 

Hotchocolate:
I got the job!!!

 

Chantheman:
HOLY

 

Hotchocolate:
thats what i said!!

 

Hoshi:
Im proud of you bro

 

Jispoon:
Well done!

 

Hansoul:
niiiccee

 

Seungswan:
I knew you could do it!!

 

Mingmong:
my babyyyyy💗💗

 

Jispoon:
that was so cheesy my body had
an illergic reaction and i have
now become lactose intolerant

 

Junberella:
thats not even possible

 

Jispoon:
no u

 

Junberella:
????

 

Bighands:
yeS WONWOO!!

 

Hotchocolate:
oh hey joshua. how are things
going with 'you-know-who' ;))

 

Bighands:
shhh shh shh

 

Mother:
???

 

Bighands:
private message me wonwoo

 

Hotchocolate:
yupp

 

Bighands

 

Hotchocolate:
so....

 

Bighands:
i really like him wonwoo. like
reeeaally really like him. hes
so sweet and funny and pretty

 

Hotchocolate:
aww

 

Bighands:
i just dont know what to do.
everytime i see him i get too
nervous to speak and ahdhahdjs

 

Hotchocolate:
just say it. dont leave him
waiting for too long or you
could lose him. you got dis
buddy

 

Bighands:
you right. ill ask him to go out
somewhere with me and...
tell him how i feel. oh god. im
nervous

 

Hotchocolate:
good luck!!

 

It was shocking how fast Joshua had fell for Jeonghan. Maybe it was love at first sight but Wonwoo didn't believe in all that mumbo jumbo. He just hoped his new friend wouldn't get hurt- Joshua seemed like a nice guy, despite his first impression, he was just sensitive and easily heartbroken. He needed someone who could protect him and make him feel special.

 

That evening Mingyu surprised Wonwoo from behind the sofa since he hadn't heard the door open or Mingyu's footsteps in the house. He leant down and kissed his neck making him jump slightly and giggle.

 

"Hello, Mr. Editor." Mingyu grinned as he jumped over the sofa and into the seat beside his boyfriend.

 

"Oh God, don't say that. I cringed so bad."

 

"You gotta get used to cringing if you're dating me."

 

Wonwoo changed the subject. "I saw the photo on the group chat."

 

"Oh no. Am I in trouble?" Mingyu grabbed a pillow and hid behind it.

 

"No. I just wanted to say thanks because what you said made me smile."

 

Mingyu threw the pillow aside and tackled Wonwoo into a hug, pushing him on his back so that he was ontop of him.

 

"You're crushing me." He croaked under the pressure.

 

"I can't help it. You're just too cute." Mingyu squeezed tighter and Wonwoo had to shut his eyes tight to stop his eyeballs from potentially popping out of their sockets.

 

"I'm not cute. Get off of me you brick. I'm dying!"

 

"Just a second longer. You're so cuddly."

 

"Sometimes I wonder why I let you in my house." Wonwoo said inbetween sharp breaths once Mingyu had eventually stopped lying ontop of him.

 

"Because I make you hot chocolate and give you the best hugs?"

 

"Minus the hugs and you're right."

 

"That was a lie and we both know it."

 

The two spend the rest of the evening laughing and smiling just because they could. Wonwoo was happier than ever with his life and it was all thanks to Mingyu. Who would've thought just one stranger could turn such a sad persons existence into a miracle. Wonwoo wanted it to last forever but all good things must come to an end, right?


___

a/n: ok I got plans and they might make you cry BUT its gonna be good and after the sad part is over it will be the ending :))
((then i can start some exo ff wooooo))