Clumsy

Love is deaf

The two spent the rest of the movie sharing awkward glances and blushing wildly. Wonwoo wanted to kiss Mingyu again. Every crack in his lips enticed him madly and the urge to lean over and connect their mouths just one more time was almost overpowering. But he decided that he shouldn't. It was too soon and too fast and he wasn't sure whether Mingyu would like that.

But little did he know Mingyu had fallen so violently in love with the boy beside him. From the day they first met he felt a need to keep Wonwoo close and protect him. The fact that the stranger he once longed to meet again was sitting right next to him cuddled up against his shoulder was quite possibly the most wonderful thing.

Mingyu loved the taste of Wonwoo's lips; like strawberries and sugar. They fit so perfectly against his and he wanted to feel the intense tingling in his stomach and the incredible rush in his veins again. Mingyu wasn't the sort of person to hold back so he acted on impulse: as soon as the credits rolled in on the TV screen he was leaning over and pushing his lips against Wonwoo's. He felt a skinny hand brush into his hair and another snak across his neck and the feeling drove him insane.

"Wonwoo..." He pulled away and took a deep breath before leaning in for more.

Wonwoo hummed into his lips as if to say "I'm listening" as he was pushed into the sofa by Mingyu who was practically  straddling him. Their bodies were becoming heated and close. The fires burning within their hearts were making them sweat as they danced their hands through messy hair and across loose clothes.

Mingyu pulled away again and pressed their foreheads together so that Wonwoo had to go cross-eyed in order to still see the lovely sparkle that constantly lit up his chocolate iris'.

"I get that you hate yourself but I don't think I could ever understand why. You're so perfect... in every way." Wonwoo smiled as his friend spoke and it was the most beautiful smile Mingyu had ever seen. It drove him completely and utterly crazy and it took all his will-power not to attack his rosy lips instead of saying what he wanted to say. "I never want to stop being here with you. I want to kiss you and hug you and make you happy all the time. When I first properly spoke to you, at the coffee shop, I have never been able to get you out of my head. Will you let me stay here, with you, so you don't ever have to feel sad again? Wonwoo... will you be my boyfriend?"

"What?!" It was a thrilling shock that buzzed through Wonwoo's body, a brilliant surprise that made him want to dance and sing.

"I-I understand if this is too soon or you don't feel like you want to make things serious." Mingyu panicked slightly and turned a shade of beet red.

"Too soon? Are you kidding? I've been waiting for this for so long. You took you're damn time!" Wonwoo wondered whether he'd ever stop jokingly being mean to Mingyu.

Mingyu giggled "So... yes?"

Wonwoo signed his answer by nodding his fist in a silent "yes" which painted an ecstatic grin on the younger's face. Itl was soon erased when Wonwoo leaned in for another kiss; he had become completely addicted.

-

"It's still our two month anniversary." Mingyu was searching the kitchen for food whilst Wonwoo perched on the table behind him, his legs dangling off the edge.

"Not anymore. Today you reset it by asking me out." Wonwoo watched as Mingyu easily reached to the top shelf and sighed enviously- he had to use a chair to get food from up there.

"I still want to do something with you."

"Let's just stay at home." Wonwoo wasn't at all the active type and preferred to spend days on the sofa doing nothing.

"Ok. But let's do something fun. I want you to remember today as the best day of your life!" The taller had found a bag of flour and turned to place it on the counter amongst a cornucopia of other ingredients.

Wonwoo smiled. "It already is the best day of my life."

"Then I'll make it even better. Have you ever baked cookies before?"

Wonwoo shook his head.

"Me neither." The tall boy put his hands on his hips.

"What do you mean you never made cookies before? You work at a freaking coffee shop, Mingyu."

"I'm in charge of the hot chocolate and whipped cream. Jeonghan told me to stay away from the cookie mix because last time I tried baking I dropped flour on Jihoon's head."

"You're an idiot." Wonwoo facepalmed.

"But you love me for it." A classic Mingyu response.

"I think you're right."

Mingyu smiled ever so sweetly as his cheeks turned pink. He leant against the counter trying to busy himself with the ingredients and Wonwoo swung his legs back and forth on the side of the table watching his feet appear then disappear from view. He was blushing too.

"Um... Wonwoo," A guilty voice made him look up to find Mingyu had dropped the milk and flour all over the floor. "I think we need to go to the shop."

"Wow, Mingyu. I looked away for one second."

"It was an accident, ok!"

Wonwoo jumped off the counter and chuckled before walking towards the front door with Mingyu following closely. It was raining outside and Mingyu didn't bring a coat so they ran as fast as they could to the corner shop with a small umberella barely shielding them from the icy water. They were shivering once they had entered through the main door so Mingyu pulled Wonwoo close with an arm around his shoulder as they walked through the isle. Mingyu grabbed the milk and flour and Wonwoo collected some cloths to clean the kitchen floor and of course hot chocolate mix (because to him it was a requirement) and passed them to his boyfriend. Mingyu also managed to add two bags of skittles and a chocolate bar to the pile in his arms and promised to pay Wonwoo back one way or another as he did so. Thankfully he didn't drop anything before they payed or else Wonwoo might've locked him out of his appartment in disappointment.

It took a while to clean the mush of flour and milk from the floor but Wonwoo didn't mind because as long as he's with Mingyu it doesn't matter what he's doing. By 7pm they finally began baking.

Mingyu had gotten a recipe up on his phone which they ended up ignoring and making up the rest of the instructions for fun. Two eggs, too much flower, some salt and a whole lot of sugar later and they were certain they were doing it wrong. Most of the mix had ended up covering Mingyu's shirt and Wonwoo thought it would look cute on his nose too so he scooped his finger through the mixture and wiped it across his face.

"Hey!" Mingyu laughed and used the spoon to get revenge by rubbing it into Wonwoo's cheek.

One thing lead to another and a food war broke out in Wonwoo's apartment. An egg went flying hitting Mingyu on the chest to which he keeled over in in melodramatic agony before lobbing one at Wonwoo who dodged it strategically. Quicker than a gazelle on a running machine he grabbed a container of grapes from beside the fruit bowl and ducked behind the counter before a celery stick flew over his head. Mingyu's ammunition was coming from the fridge whilst Wonwoo only had the fruit bowl.

He peeped his head above the table just enough to see Mingyu's back as he rummaged through a cupboard. Only four out of the six grapes he threw hit Mingyu but he screamed and yelled in fake pain as if they were real bullets.

"MAN DOWN! MAN DOWN!" He cried and collapsed on the floor making Wonwoo laugh hysterically.

Then the room fell silent. Mingyu was a good actor but when Wonwoo noticed his chest wasn't moving up and down from breathing he began to worry.

"You're over doing it Mingyu. Breathe!" Wonwoo giggled but Mingyu didn't respond and his heart started racing faster.

He stumbled passed a puddle of milk and a cabbage on the floor to kneel next Mingyu's body. "Wake up now." He shook him but his body had turned limp.

"Mingyu, you're scaring me now. Open your eyes." Wonwoo shook him harder.

He was full on panicking now. Beads of sweat littered his forehead and breathing became difficult. He rolled Mingyu onto his back and grabbed his wrist to find a pulse.

"Mingyu? ... I'm so scared. Get up it's not funny anymore." He could feel tears welling in his eyes now and he was almost certain he was going to cry.

He fumbled for his phone in his pocket to call the emergency services but panicked even more upon the realisation that he wouldn't be able to hear the person on the other side of the line tlo answer any questions. He dialed the number nevertheless. Before he had the chance to hit the call button a wet, creamy substance landed on his head and a burst of laughter followed it. Mingyu had just smudged a handful of cookie mix in his hair.

"What the hell, Mingyu!" Wonwoo screamed but the younger was laughing too hard to respond. "I thought you were actually dead! I nearly called the ambulance. I was about to cry. I couldn't feel your pulse. What the ?!"

"You were checking for my pulse in the wrong place, dummy." Mingyu howled.

"Shutup. I seriously thought I had killed you with a grape. I had, like, 5 heart attacks. How did you even do that?"

"Acting school, er."

"I wish you actually died. I hate you."

"That's not true. You freaking adore me, don't lie." Mingyu winked and Wonwoo wanted to slap him.

"Whatever. I won anyway."

"Ok. If you say so."

The cookies never even made it into the oven that night and food still littered the floor when the two boys decided they were too tired to do anything else.

Wonwoo took a shower first since he was the one with cookie mix in his hair followed by Mingyu who was drenched in egg. Mingyu had no change of clothes so he had to wear his boyfriend's over sized shirt. Unfortunately his legs were too long for any of Wonwoo's joggers to fit so he spent the night in his boxers and although Wonwoo was trying hard not to let that bother him he couldn't deny the fact that Mingyu had a nice .

"We should play a video game." Mingyu grinned as he tucked him legs under the blanket Wonwoo had given him as a substitute for trousers.

"Sure. You can choose which one." Wonwoo smiled back.

Mingyu chose Mario Kart; an old classic and played as Princess Peach whilst Wonwoo chose to be nostalgic and play as Wario like he always did with Soonyoung.

Mingyu had no idea how to play. The amount of times he crashed into the obstacles you were so obviously supposed to avoid was ridiculous but Wonwoo slowed down enough so that Mingyu beat him every time.

"You're just letting me win!" Mingyu yelled.

"No, I'm not. You're just a fantastic player."

"And you're bad at lying but it's cute."

"Shutup."

Wonwoo upped his game and overtook Mingyu with ease who then began to complain about Wonwoo being too harsh. Eventually they both got bored and shut off the TV to chat instead. Wonwoo told Mingyu the story behind Soonyoung's nickname, Hoshi, and his nickname, Wonio, which made Mingyu giggle.

And although Wonwoo still felt a pang of jealousy everytime he heard his name he asked about Minghao and his visit to Mingyu from China because he knew it was something Mingyu would love to talk about. In response he told him about how he took Minghao to a karaoke bar with Jeonghan and his other friend Seungcheol. Minghao sang an entire song facing the wrong way but none of them told him until the end when they all burst out laughing. Wonwoo fell into hysterics when Mingyu concluded with the fact Minghao had made them all walk home with their eyes closed so they would have to go through what he went through everyday. Of course, the whole situation was friendly banter and nobody got offended over any of it.

Then the conversation topic switched to Wonwoo.

"Tell me more about your hearing." They were both sitting opposite one another on the sofa with crossed legs. Mingyu scooched closer and cupped Wonwoo's hands as he spoke.

"What do you want to know?"

"I'm curious about you being able to hear only me. What do you think it is?"

"I'm not sure. I suppose it's a miracle that just can't be explained. Maybe it's a sign."

"A sign?"

"Yeah, maybe it's a way the universe is telling us we're meant to be." Wonwoo cringed because he knew he sounded like the married couple in the news article he read a while back.

"I like that idea. Has anything like this ever happened before?"

"Never."

"I'm the first?" Mingyu's eyes lit up.

"Yep. Your voice is first thing I have heard since I lost my hearing at the age of six."

"Wow. I feel special."

"You are." Wonwoo felt Mingyu squeeze his hands tighter as he smiled. "Now, it's my turn to ask some questions."

"Ok."

Wonwoo thought for a second. There were so many things he wanted to know. "What does a crisp packet sound like?"

Mingyu had no idea how to answer. "Um... it crackles?"

"Crackles?"

"Yeah... like," Mingyu tried to replicate the sound with his mouth but failed miserably and they both burst into laughter.

Wonwoo's second question was even more difficult to answer "How do you listen to someone when other people are talking in a room? Don't all the sounds merge into one? I don't get it."

"You're asking questions I have no idea how to answer or explain."

"Ok, ok. How about... can you show me what music sounds like?"

Mingyu fell silent for a moment upon the realisation that Wonwoo had never heard a song before. He felt sorry that he missed out on the wonderful concept of music and wished it was possible to properly show him what it sounded like.

"I could try to sing to you if you like."

"I would love that." Wonwoo replied, his voice was subtly solemn.

"Ok." Mingyu sang a few lines of a song called 'Without you'. To Wonwoo his voice was utterly beautiful. It was deep but soft and gentle and gave him a warm feeling in his chest as if the melody was hugging him.

"It's so beautiful."

"Really?" Mingyu grinned.

"Please sing to me more often."

"If that's what would make you happy then I would love to."