Party Time

IN THE NAME OF LOVE

"Tonight you will be the prettiest girl every man would want to have a dance with.." .my sister chaerin said and wink at me.  She helped me with my make-up and lend her accessories that she thinks will go well with my outfit.  I suppose you could say that I'm her favorite sister, well you are right, because I'm the only sister she has.  It's only me and her..one daughter and one girl in the family and that us kekeke.  I felt loved by my family, my relatives and my friends.  They say that when I'm around them, I could always bring the house down with laughter and that I look like an angel in their eyes.

 

I have been looking at my reflection in our vanity mirror and  thinking hard.  What could be the reason why jiyong never ever notice my existence when most of  the boys in our campus fights just to get my attention.  I sighed at my own misery....never really...even once that he did look my way.

 

"Dara, Bom is already here."  My  nanny inform me.  "Oh yes,  kindly tell her I'll be there in a minute."

 

I quicly grab hold of my purse and start to leave my room and locked the door.  Bom is looking fabulous tonight. Her knee length black dress fits her perfectly, it shows her perfect curve.  She looked at me...letting out a wooing sound and telling me that I'm  quite  a stunner  myself.  I grin at her and said..."we're friends bom and we know when to compliment each other..but don't overreact...I already know that I'm beautiful since birth" and broke out laughing...

 

"Yah, dara, do you always have to be that confident..Aish..you self centered, ego tripper woman."  Bom said while smiling all the time.  "By the way, we have to go now..can't wait to see my prince charming. kekeke." 

 

Bom get hold of my hand and almost drag me out of the house...we don't  talk much on our way to sohee's place...maybe our mind is busy thinking of what a great night like this can offer us knowing that both of our ideal man were there too.  We both sigh and look at each other.  I hope, things will be allright. In a couple of minutes, we finally arrived. We are greeted by sohee's househelp and ushered us in.  The music is loud which I'm sure they already started the party much earlier.  I see some of  our schoolmate wave their hands and nod their head to acknowledge our presence.  I smile and waved back at them.  Some of  the men approach us immediately and asked us to join them in their table which we politely decline. 

 

"Bom, dara...over here." .Sohee called as she keep waving her hand at us.  We immediately get our way to go to her and greet her a happy birthday as we handed her our gifts.  She said thank you and she whisper something to Bom's ear which cause the latter to blush suddenly.  I follow her gaze and there he is ..her top hyung. He's so handsome in his attire.  I cautiously scan all the faces around top hyung table..I can't see him ...Is he not here yet?    I feel so disappointed not seeing him as I started to pout my lips and just as I am going to stomp my foot, sohee grab bom and my  hands and heads our way towards top hyung table.  

 

BOM's POV

I felt my whole face burning...as sohee whisper in my ear  that there's some guy asking for my name and wink.  I 'm about to open my mouth to ask her who might be the guy but  she just grab me and dara's hand and lead us to top table. As we grew closer,  my heartbeat painfully beat faster... I could not breathe easily..I looked down the moment we arrive at their table.  Sohee's amused tone of talking introduce us to everyone...I couldn't help but to look at them and said hello.  I wish that I could just vanish in an instant  when sohee introduce me to top.  

 

Top said "hello" and offered his hand for a handshake as I just stood there looking at it not knowing what to do as if I loss my mind somewhere....I saw him grinning.  Dara nudge me at the side and threw me a pointing glare  and at top hand.  As he was  about to withdraw his hand. I quickly but shyly take his.  

 

"I'm glad to finally meet you bom.. "as he squeezed my hand tight.

 

 "Nice metting you too" I said smiling at him

 

He offer to share their table with us which I accepted , pulling dara's hand and ask her sit next to me.

 

 

TOP"s POV

I can't take my eyes off her the moment she arrived.  She is so gorgeous in her black dress, her long slightly curled red hair is tied at one side.   I saw her together with an equally beautiful woman but I am trapped with her charm only.  I have to meet her , I have to know her name that's why I call sohee's attention to ask her about the girl whose very presence caught me breathless.

 

"Sohee, whose that girl," I asked

 

"Which girl,"  as sohee brows arched

 

"The one wearing a black dress who just entered ..."

 

She turn her back and her grin broke into a smile as she wave her hand and calls them

 

I saw them talking and then the girl face blushed.  I wonder why might be the reason why she blushed so much but then I saw them coming near us.  Oh my, oh my, here they come.  I saw her looked down, I can't see her face expression but was glad when she did face us and greet us hello.  Her face is as red as a riped tomato when sohee introduce me to her.  I offered my hand for her but it took awhile before she took it.  I don't like to just end our conversation  with a mere handshake and saying hello, nice to meet you too so  I took  all my courage to ask her and dara to join us in our table.  I cross my fingers under the table and  I kind of hoping she'll say yes, I'm so happy that she did.  I look at my watch, I am somehow irritated that my friend jiyong is still nowhere in sight.  He said that he needed to do something first but he promised that he will surely come to join me.  I look at bom and caught her stealing glances at me which makes me giddy.  she is so cute..looking at her still red face and uneasiness.  I sigh and told myself, might as well enjoy the night and know more about her.

 

DARA'S POV

Sohee introduced us to everyone in top hyung table.  I saw how bom blushes all throughout.  I guess, she's happy to see her prince charming up close. I want to give her a deadly hit on her head when she just look at top's hand when the latter offered his hand for a handshake but I opted to nudge her side just   to waken her from some kind of trance.  Top hyung offered to share their table and before I could say yes....bom quickly grab my hand and ask me to sit next to her.  I saw top looking at his watch and sigh....I let out a heavy sigh too...my own prince charming is missing...how can he just not show up.  Minho approach and ask me to dance with him...minho is an admirer way back but settled to being FRIENDS instead because he knows that It is the only kind of relationship I can offer him.  We became close friend and I honestly enjoy his companionship.  I took his hand and he led me to the dance floor.  

 

'you look so wonderful tonight dara. ' minho said smiling

 

'Thank you minho and don't fall for me again.' .kekeke I said teasing him

 

He just rolled his eyes and hugged me closer to him and whisper "I won't and besides I hate to start counting rejection from you again...I already rest my case with you and settled happily with your friendship..'.He smirk and wink at me.  I couldn't help to slap his shoulder and laugh at him.

 

I felt something is wrong..I get this odd feeling that someone is watching me.  I withdraw myself a little from minho's hug and look around and then I see him...jiyong ....my prince charming...sitting next to top and looking intently at me.  I can feel my heart beat faster and I really wanted to be at his side right now.      I was lucky indeed that the music stops and minho finally decided to let me go back to my table.  As we came closer, my hands is starting to froze and I feel hot all over...My god, what is happening to me.  Why I am this too affected by his mere presence.  I forced a weak smile as I nod at bom and top....I just don't know why I ignore him...maybe I'm just to shy and don't know what to do.  Minho pulled my chair and kiss me on my cheek and bid our goodbye.   I heard top cleared his throat and when I look at him..he did surprise me when suddenly he introduce jiyong to me.  this is it..this is the moment I've been waiting for.  To finally let him know me and notice me perhaps.

 

"Hi, I'm jiyong.." he said offering his hand

 

"Hi, I'm dara... "I reply and took his hand calmly

 

"So you and bom are bestfriends just like me and top here."  he said opening up a conversation

 

"Neh."  I answer him back.  I don't know whats really going on...I seems loss for words right now.  

 

He just nodded and took his drink to his lips.

 

Top stand and ask bom to dance with him...I can see my friend face lit up...oh I know she having a good night indeed but as everyone in our table left to dance and leaves me with him...I could feel my heart constricted, I could hardly breathe...I'm having a panic attack inside of me....yah, I keep telling myself to remain calm...please remain calm when suddenly he left me without  even saying a word.