Avoidance

IN THE NAME OF LOVE

"What the....." jiyong's shouts  when someone bumped him head on.

 

"I'm......snifff...sorry...I'm..sorry."  she kept on saying sorry while crying.  Its not that long for me to recognize that it was dara. 

 

"Dara.  are you alright?....what's wrong...what  happened?" I know I am not a curious jack right now but a worried one as I asked and hold her on both shoulders.

 

Hearing my voice,  she look  and stare me right in the eye...I saw how her eyes flashed anger and pain.  I cringed looking at her. 

 

"Let go of me..she wiggled...I said let me go."  she wiggled hard even more and pushed me "It's all your fault...I hate you...I hate you so much"

 

Before I could utter a word to her, she run away from me...I almost run after to follow her but I don't know whether it was a good idea.  Did she just say  "she hates me." 

 

 

"Aaaaaaarrggghhhhhhh"  i muttered to myself.  " what could have happened to the female population. Did something happened in our planet last night that might afftected them.  why they were acting weird.  Am I being punished?....but for what?"   Aaaaiish.

 

 

I'm running my hand on my hair, trying to massage my head.  I am beginning to feel my head splitting in two.   I feel worst now than the moment I opened my eyes this morning. I felt my surrounding spinning around me with an undescribable headache that is worst than a hangover from too much alcohol intake.  I didn't get a decent sleep last night after that lashing words from sohee and getting ditched in the end.  Was there something for me to recall about...."HELL", there was but wasn't exactly sure what it was.  I don't even know the reason behind sohee's sudden outburst.  She brings out the "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" look.    

Maybe going home early and slumber in the comfort of my bed will make me feel  better.  I need some space to breathe in....I can't breathe in here.

 

DARA'S POV

I took refuge under a tree.  I am facing a river and watching its rustling calm water.    I'm still crying my eyes and heart out while I am deep in my own thoughts.    It pained me too much to be hated for something I'm not even at fault.   I don't know how to comprehend sohee. "She hated me since what....since I and my family moved here.   I was only nine years old back then.  I was in grade 3 when I transferred from their school, I was asked to be seated next to a girl named PARK BOM since the seating arrangements were arranged alphabetically.   She's very friendly and instantly, we clicked together.   It was bom who introduce sohee to me.  The three of us will go to school and come back together since the three of us lived quite close to each other.  We also visited each other homes to  hang out and even sleep over.  I soon  gather more friends and picked on my studies that eventually made me popular  within the faculty and at school.  I rose to the highest rank while sohee comes in close second, the same thing happens all the way through our secondary education.    I didn't know that she take it against me.   She's keeping the anger inside of her long enough and I didn't... I have never noticed it...how am I?   I consider her a friend and I did mean what I've said to her earlier..".I love her." 

 

And there's another thing,  she's so mistaken by what she saw last night. "Me and jiyong cheating on her"  How could jiyong never explained and tell her the truth and spare me from this anguished.  "She's so damn right....I like jiyong...and wanted him so much but I won't do such thing like flirting and stealing him.  I won't go down to that level.  I just couldn't and wouldn't.

 

I started picking some stone and throwing it to the river when someone from behind startled me

 

"Dara" 

 

"Huh"  I don't have to look up to know who is talking... for every living cells inside of me know his voice..... "Go away jiyong."

 

"What?"  he asked

 

 "go away and leave me alone."

 

"What the hell......What did I do wrong huh dara? ...  YOU TELL ME NOW!....WHAT DID I DO WRONG CAUSE IT'S FREAKING ME."

 

"STOP YELLING AT ME."  I glared at him with all my might.  We tried to measure each other guts....but something soften his looks 

 

He pulled me up slowly and gently... he raised my chin and slightly moving my face from right to left while touching my cheeks.  I felt goosebumps rise all over my entire body from his mere  touch.

 

"Whaat....there's.... a handprint on your face dara.....WHO HIT YOU!

 

I flinched hearing him yell.   "What's the matter with you, its none of your goddamn business to worry about me. Why can't you just leave me alone and just go,"

 

I saw him raked his hair and tightly closed his eyes.  I know he is trying to keep his patience   "Please dara, just tell me what's wrong and what did I do...  What did I do to make you hate me"

 

 

I looked away from him.  Will I be able to tell him what happened between me and sohee without directly confessing my hidden feelings for him?   Will I be able to handle another heartbreak because of him?  I can't.  

 

"Fine, if you're not leaving then I'll go"  I brushed his hand away from me and left him there defeated and astounded.