Unfortunate Events

IN THE NAME OF LOVE

I arrived  in the gym to watch jaejoong.  He immediately made his way to welcome me and led me to their bench.  He gave an extra mile of being a gentleman today.  I took my seat and sit uneasily, why? because I am here all alone.... Bom received a call asking her to hurry home cause her grandparents has arrived unannounce from the US.  I know begging her is not a proper thing for me to do. She saw how dejected I am and even encouraged me to just text jaejoong to inform him that I can't make it but  I don't like to break the promise I made to him earlier.  It won't be much to spend little of my time with him and its about time that I show how I appreciative I am for his time spent with me too. The apprehension of being in the gym is scaring me not because of the players who seems so excited to see me but with all the girls at a distance in my back.  If I had taken a rubbish bin and picked all the papers they throwing me then  I could probably filled it to the top with ease.  One of them has a tremendous nerve to even approach me and whisper "" while smiling to jaejoong.  I am not a coward but I fight only when it is necessary and when the situation calls for it.  I hold on to being cool as possible.  How relieved and happy  I am  when the practice ended and walk our way out of  the gym and from all the disgusting looks of those so called fangirls of jaejoong.

 

"Are you alright dara"  I heard  an apologetic voice from jaejoong

"I am " I said while giving him a reassuring smile

"I'm sorry back there dara, I shouldn't have invited you if only I knew beforehand that this things will happen." jaejoong continued "I saw everything dara."

"You don't have to worry about me jaejoong.  Those papers doesn't hurt me at all."  I smile and continues "and besides I'm still in one piece."

I know how he tried to talk to the girls to stop and even in his calmest self ask them to just leave the gym if they will just be such a nuisance.  I know that he is doing that to protect me.

"Dara" I hear him say before clearing his throat and look at  me "I'd like to take you to dinner tonight since eh..its already time for one and this is my only way of saying thank you for coming."

"You don't have to jaejoong,"  I always wanted to make up for all the time you spent with me too and coming to watch is the least I can do for you now." 

"Then consider coming for dinner as a way of  also making up for me then" he insisted

I smile at him and say " it never occured to me that you can be persistence, I thought all along that you are a man of few words.  Would it be too much for you to take me to dinner even if you, yourself were tired from your practice.  I am worrying about you"

"Of course not, I can always find an extra energy to be with you" he winked at me

I blushed and avoided his gaze "I guess, I don't have any reason to turn down your offer.  Okey I will go with you but I need to call my parents first and let them know that I will be eating out tonight."

At the corner of my eyes as  i walk a distance from him to call my parents, I saw him punching the air and jumped.  Its so amusing and  i feel giddy myself. After my call ended, I walk towards him and say "Come on."

 

He asked me which restaurant and food I'd like but I insisted that he decide.  We settled ourselves comfortably inside a japanese restaurant and he immediately ordered some foods.  We talk, smile,  and feel somewhat awkward at each other sometime.  We ate in silence, but the constant uncalled gesture of him putting food in my plate sent shivers touching my heart and its shaking my sanity. Wahhhhhh. I am dying here.

"Dara, are the food too spicy? he ask

I look at him and mumbled "hmmm, no."

"then why are your face so red"

I touched my face and curse him inside.  How he managed to get the nerve to ask me that question when he is the one causing me this.  I need to think fast and say something to ward off more embarassment.

"I'm...you see...its too hot in here...are you not hot yourself?  I even fan my face with my hands to convince him of my reason

"Oh" he said, nod his head and motion me to resume our eating.  

After we paid our bills and left the restaurant, jaejoong insisted that he will take me home but I decline his offer. He lived far from where I live and I know from just looking at him that he needed rest.   We compromise though that I will let him walk and  accompany me to the bus station.  As we waited for the bus to come I said my "thank you" to him which he acknowledge by saying "its my pleasure."  

Any moment now the bus will be arriving when suddenly someone bumped me from behind.  I almost loss my balance if not from jaejoongs quick reflex.  I soon find myself in a quite embarassing moment.  He wrapped his arms around my waist and my face were inch from his.  We are looking right at each other eyes and both of us frantically don't know what to do when I'm startled hearing a familiar voice beside me.

"Mianhe" the guy said

I looked at him and my eyes popped wide open.  I then let go of myself from a very uncomprising scene as jaejoong also loose his grip on my waist.  We looked at that particular person and greet him.

"Oh, its alright jiyong"  I said as I try to straightened my upper uniform

"What are you doing here man" jaejoong ask him

"What would I be here aside from waiting for a bus"  jiyong sarcastically replied

Alarmed, I quickly in "Jiyong lives in the same vicinity as me and he must be heading home as well."  I'm narrating it  while looking at jaejoong.  I am really pissed from jiyong behavior and  kind of feel sorry for jaejoong.  The latter is trying to be friendly to him and doesn't deserve to be insulted like that.  Before anything amiss happens, our bus has arrived.  Before I boarded the bus,  I say my goodbye to jaejoong while holding his hand and smiling at him.  I told him to be careful on his way home.  

I saw jiyong standing at the center of the bus.  I wonder why he didn't take an available seat since there's only a few passengers.  Still pissed at him, I just ignore and pass him to sit at the back.  To my horror, he ask me to move to the far end and sit beside me.  I am now huffing for some air as I try to control the raging anger inside of me now.

"I didn't know that you and jaejoong are dating." he began to speak out.  "He's a very popular guy in our campus and so do you.  I guess you suit each other well."

 I just looked outside the window and ignore him still.  I don't like talking to him yet and let him assume things between me and jaejoong

"I am sorry for bumping  you and for being rude earlier. I am, indeed,  very sorry."  I can feel the sincerity from his voice  and that exactly breaks the ice.

"Your behavior earlier is unacceptable.  As far as I can recall, we didn't do anything to offend you thats why I am taken aback by your rudeness."  I began and then continues "If you have encountered some problems of your own, it isn't proper to let out your wrath to just anybody you come across."

"what?, Who says that I have a problem and I let it out on you guys?" he argued

"if it isn't so, then why were you so grumpy?" I assert this things on him

He pause for awhile and said " I just saw something earlier that makes me boil inside."

"See, you were pissed earlier thats the reason  why you were grumpy and you let out your anger on us"  I held my head high to state that my suspicion is correct.  I couldn't bring myself to ask what was the thing he sees that pisses him off?

"Oh alright, you win, Get yourself ready, were almost at our stop." he stood up and waited for me.

He let me out of the bus first and followed me.  

"Aren't you going home now"  I ask him

"No,. I...I wanted to go to sohee's place first before I head home. You were neighbors, right? " 

I nod my head in agreement.  We are walking side by side silently when I notice that he did pass by sohee's  place now.  

"jiyong ah, you already pass sohee's place.  its just the second house from that corner."  I told him

"I know, I walk you home first and will go back later"  he simply stated

"oh, you don't have to. My house is not that far from here." I said

"It's alright, I really want to walk you home."  he insisted

I looked at him puzzled and sighed.  "okey"   I feel tired now and arguing with him more were just senseless.  My house were infact, four houses away from sohee anyway.

We arrived in front of our house.  I look at him and smile

"Thank you jiyong and goodnight" as i walk to open our gate but before I can close it.  I heard him say "goodnight"

I've already closed the gate but stood there and leaned my back against it for a couple of minutes.  the mixed emotions I am feeling right now is giving me great headache.  I heave a sigh and started to walk inside.  

 

Jiyong were still outside, staring at now close gate.  He is deep in his thoughts and were not mindful of those pair of eyes burning with jealousy and rage.