The Final Chapter: Moment of Truth part 2

IN THE NAME OF LOVE

The Finale:  tsk tsk.  I cried while typing this chapter.  I hate to choose among the two so to break even,  I put twist of word here and there.  This is my first fanfic...Never in my wildest imagination that I'll be writing a novel.  tsk tsk... and now it comes to its end.    This story is freshly baked out from my insane mind. Happy reading and comments will be highly appreciated. 

                                    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Chaerin POV

Since I am the party host,  I needed  to go ahead and welcome the guest.  It is a small gathering, consists mostly of our close  friends.  I asked Dara to go with our personal driver and phoned me once she arrived so that I can pick her up at the entrance of the hotel.  Most of our friends were asking to what occassion this gathering were for,  which I told them to wait and see..."a secret no one should know till the time comes."

 

"Yah, Chaerin ah.  Were you getting married? oohh, don't tell me you are pregnant?  Please tell me, you know I can keep a secret."  Bom keep on ranting and insisting that I should tell her the reason of this party.  I just gave her a timid smile and wink at her.

 

"Bom, You'll be thrilled what was this for...and keeping it a secret is next to impossible once you knew."  I told her 

 

Bom throw me a glare and said "Damn, you're making no sense here woman.  There's nothing in this world that thrills me.  You're trying to kill us with curiosity.   Just tell us now please."  

 

Laughing at her, I made a straight  line accross my mouth and say  "Can't do bom...secret is a secret.    It won't be long for you all to know.  Just you wait a bit more.    Seeing dara's name flashing at my phone screen, I hastily excused myself and take the call.  "Are you here yet?....hmm okey, wait for me, I'll be there in a minute."

 

I stood up and glance at everyone saying that I'll be leaving to fetch someone at the hotel entrance.  They nod their heads and I took my leave.  I saw dara sitting on the couch at the hotel lounge.   A lot of people were looking at her,  who wouldn't?  She is such a sight....a beauty to behold.  I call her name  and she made her way to me.  We walked to our VIP room but I purposedly ask her to not make an appearance first.  To everyone's surprised look,  I made a speech to gather their attention.  "Hello everyone,  I want you to meet a very special person not only to me but to most of you as well.  She is the reason why we are gathered here tonight.  Please welcome back...my sister Dr. Sandara Park.  Dara, please come in."

 

DARA's POV

The moment chaerin mentioned my name and asked me to come in, my heart doubled its pace.  When I entered the room and greeted them "annyeong", I saw everyone's shock expression, disbelief were written all over their faces.    But no one can beat bom...she frantically stood up from her seat and dash towards me.  She hugged me so tight.

 

"Yah santokki, you bad bad rabbit."  she went on talking while crying "You didn't even tell me you're coming back and to think I am your bestfriend,"

 

"Mianhe bom.  I intend to keep my arrival a secret to everyone and to surprise you as well.  It's so nice to see you again bestfriend." I caressed her back while laughing at her.   She still is,  the very emotional bom. At the table, I saw sohee, top, jiyong and jaejoong.  Bom held my hand and guide me to an empy chair to sit.  I was at everyone's mercy as they bombarded me with questions but much to my surprise, both jiyong and jaejoong were keeping their silence only stealing glances once in a while at my direction.

 

 

 

JAEJOONG's POV

I'm totally at lost for words.  Seeing her again left me dumbfounded not knowing how to start a conversation or to even look straight at her.  I couldn't ignored the fact that she became more beautiful, living abroad must have been good with her.   I felt a squeezing pain in my heart....I can't breathe out....I'm scared as hell because of one thing.  Because of one mistakes, I will suffer a loss....the loss of losing her.

 

Flashback

I went with top to the after party of Bigbang to celebrate the success of their alive concert.  The party was held privately at a club, only close acquitances and friends were there.  We're having a blast, drinks were endless and before I knew it, my world spins and I'm out of the real  into an oblivious space.  I found myself  the next morning, lying on a bed having a terrible hangover but what shocked me is that I'm sleeping next to someone.  I panic at that moment,  sure it's not the first time that I slept with some woman but this person is not only some one or no other woman....it's sohee, dara's other bestfriend.

 

I tried to remember things but can only see a blurred flashing scenes of what really happened.  Frustration and fear were crawling onto my whole being.  I wanted to scream..I wanted to cry....I wanted to go and escape reality.   "This shouldn't happen, it should not happen"  my mind kept on repeating these words while I keep pacing back and forth inside the bathroom.  I slumped myself on the floor, bang my head on my knees as I cried in agony.

 

I was greeted by sohee when I went out from the bathroom.  "Jae, we need to talk"

 

I nod my head as I ask her to sit on the couch....silence took over but I need to speak out  "I'm sorry sohee,  I really am"

 

I heard her sigh, "I'm not a hypocrite to say 'it's allright''.  The thing is, I can't solely blame you for what had happened.  We were both drunk."  She bowed down her head and played the hem of her dress as she speak  "I don't really know what to say to you.  I can't even think straight now.  We can't deny the fact that 'there's nothing realy happened'  and to say just forget about it....would be what....the best for both of us?"

 

I look at her and took a deep breath,  "Sohee, I won't deny anything, there's no way I can.  I am  also having a difficult time thinking of what best to make out for both of us.  There's so much for me at stake and you knew it.  Please, let us give ourselves time to think and we'll talk again  but not here...not now." 

 

"Arasso" she said as she stood up, took her purse and without saying goodbye she went out of my apartment unit.  Angry at myself, I throw things my hand can reach and punch walls until I feel exhausted.  Feeling miserable I wailed in painful cry as I keep saying  Dara's name.  

 

Because of my hectic shedules and constant travel abroad, I haven't had the time to really think and straighten things out with sohee.  Undeniably, I can't see myself with her not because she is not worthy to be loved but because 'she's not the one I love'.  The long silence between us put me at ease.  I thought then, that maybe she realize that there's 'nothing really needed for a talk' and 'no need to go deeper into the matter'.  I kept convincing myself that just like me, she probably thought, that whatever happened to us is just a  'one night stand'.  I've decided to let my life worry free and just leave the problems behind my back and forget about it.  Another month came and I wasn't been a minute bothered of thoughts about sohee but  then fate played and created a hateful path for me .  She came to see me and drop the bomb "Jae, I'm pregnant with your child."  

End of Flashback

 

I was brought to the present time hearing sohee talk "Dara, it's nice to see you back"

 

Dara looked at her and smile "Nice to see you too sohee, so what's new with you"

 

I saw sohee gave out a nervous laugh as she massage her tummy "Obviously, I'm pregnant."

 

I could see how delighted dara as she asked "Didn't even heard from anyone about your wedding.  Who is the lucky guy then?"

 

Sohee fidgeted at her seat and I'm a nervous wreck when she asked that particular question.  I bailed my fist, close my eyes in prayer that sohee won't replied back.  I glanced at sohee only to see her looking back at me but immediately look away.   She cleared and began to speak "Silly you, of course no one will bother to inform you of my wedding for I'm not married yet"  she paused then "About the child's father, he's someone you knew"

 

"Really, then who?  dara ask

 

"It's  Jae."  

 

Everyone look at dara's direction and waited for her reaction.  I saw opened and an "oh" word came out.  She then look at me and sohee with a smile plastered on her face and said "Congratualtion to both of you."

 

 I was cursing the situation right now and wanted to jump at my seat to get close to her and tell her that "I'm sorry".  I thank chaerin silently for breaking the tension looming above us.   She asked the waiters to serve us our food.  I couldn't taste whatever I'm eating.  I am just waiting for any chances that I could have to talk to dara.  When she excused herself to go to the washroom, I let a couple of minutes pass before I followed her.   I went inside the washroom and locked it.  I saw  the surprise look on dara's face as she uttered "Jae, what are you doing here"

 

The longing I've been keeping for years of not seeing her rushed into me as I held her hand and hugged her.  I am only able to say "Sorry" over and over again like a broken record.

 

I felt her hand pat my back as she tried to stop me from crying.  When she pulled out from my hold and say "You don't have to say sorry.  You're not bind to any promise and I don't have any right to blame or even accuse you.  Time tested us and we have to face the reality there is now."

 

"Dara, I am not married yet.  We still can be together.  Just give me the chance."  I pleaded on her.  I began to kneel down and held her waist "Please"

 

She step back while withdrawing my hand from her.  She kneeled down and level her sight at me as she speak "You will only not hurt sohee but also the unborn innocent child...your child.  We made mistakes but do we also intend to  run away from any consequences entailed in it.  Forget about me and be man enough to face your responsibilities.  You're a good man jaejoong.  I believe that time can heal any wound and that you will also find in your heart to love sohee back.  I saw her took out something from her purse...it was the ring I gave her before.   She hold my hand and placed it there as she say "I don't deserve to wear this ring now for I am letting go of its owner."  She said her goodbye and left me inside as I cried my heart out.

 

 

DARA's POV

I am walking back to our table still shaking the feeling of sadness away from my system.  It's quite an emotional moment for me and jae but I needed to do the right thing.   I am, indeed, very surprised even shock to hear the news about them.  I am anxiously looking forward to seeing jae  I brought jae's ring with me with the thoughts of 'letting him put it on my finger' for I've decided to accept him and be his 'girlfriend'.  But what I've planned wasn't even fated to happen.   It was a harsh reality but I had and needed to accept it as I smile bitterly.  I was momentarily distracted from my thoughts when I saw sohee blocking my way.

 

She walk towards me and asked   "Can we talk?"  I nod my head and look at her.  She hug me suddenly and cried "I'm sorry dara.  I'm so sorry."

 

I hushed her and said "Don't be"  I pulled a little from her hug and wipe her tears "Look at me sohee.  There's nothing to be sorry for.  Jaejoong and I may have a past but we never had a relationship when we parted ways.  Though there's feelings and promises of waiting, nothing really bind us.  So stop crying.  It's not good for you and the baby.  What you ought to do is be happy."  She nodded her head and said "Thank you"  I smile at her and ask her to go back to our table with me.

 

I refused to be left alone around jaejoong and jiyong.  I don't even engaged myself in any conversation with them, I just entertained myself talking and catching up with bom.  I allowed myself a deep breath when the night came to an end.  I forced myself to bid everyone goodnight and hug each one.  I had to check myself when jaejoong  hugged me so tight and place a kiss on my head as he said his goodbye.   I nod my head at him and watch him walk away.  A sudden tapped on my shoulder brought me back to realm.  I turn around and be greeted with JIyong sight.  I smile at him and he smiled back at me.  We're looking at each other in an eerie silence.  Chaerin must have sense that me and jiyong needs some privacy so she walked right out of the door after saying that she'll be waiting for me outside.  

 

He break his silence as he said "Can we talk?"   I close my eyes and think of ways to avoid talking to him right now.  I have just accepted the fact of jaejoong heartbreaking news and now what....what if....he needs to add more pain.  I look at him as I utter "I'm so tired. Can we talk some other time.  I will just call you"  I saw disappointment in his eyes but nonetheless he agreed and gave me his phone number.  He walk me out of the hotel into chaerin waiting car and bid ourselves bye.

 

Three weeks passed and I still don't have the courage to call Jiyong.  I accepted an offer to work at Seoul National University Hospital.  Working long hours keeps my mind from wandering too much.   My clinic hours were nearing to its end when my secretary ask me if I still wanted to see a patient who just came.  I shrugged my shoulder and told her to let the patient in.  I was sitting on my chair when a knock sounded at the door.  "Come in"  I said.   When I looked up to an approaching foot steps, my world shook.  There stood in front of me is kwon jiyong.

 

Shock I might be but I kept my composure as I ask him "Mr. kwon jiyong.  What is it that you wanted to consult with?"

 

He looked at me as he said "I have this chest pain for quite so long now.  I couldn't even breathe out properly without feeling the pain."

 

"Can you be more specific on the lenght of time.  How long was it?  I asked him

 

It was about four years now but the pain intensified for the last three weeks only.  He said grinning at me

 

I am dumbfounded and just stare back at him. My mind is saying 'oh oh, this is not good'.  I already had an idea that he wasn't asking for any professional help but something else and that something ......is very personal.

 

"What might have happened for the last three weeks that cause the pain to intensify.  Have you stressed out yourself too much?"

 

"It wasn't work that stressed me out but rather someone.  She told me that she will call me.  I am waiting and waiting... but it seems she didn't really have any intention to do so.  Do you think she is avoiding me or perhaps she don't want to talk and see me.  Was her saying 'no running away no more' doesn't mean a thing to her?" 

 

"She might have reasons why she didn't call you up.  Probably afraid that the boy might have remember her but none of his feelings before."

 

He stood up, went near me and held my hand.  "She should at least hear it from me"  He suddenly grabbed the stethescope hanging on my neck and said "Why don't you try checking the beating of my heart doc."  He then put the earpiece on my ears as he placed the chestpiece on chest where his heart were located.  "Do you hear lubb dubb you...lubb dubb you?  Let me interpret it to you doc....it mean love you doc....love you doc."

 

I might have planned of chosing jaejoong over jiyong but it doesn't mean that I don't love him.  It's just that jaejoong have been good to me from the start and breaking his heart seems not fair.   My tears flowed out as I buried my head on his chest.  He hugged me as he whisper that he misses me so much.   He rested his chin on my head as he said   "Will you stop and take away my pain away doc?  Can you love me back?"

 

I nodded my head and say "I will take whatever pain you have and no need to ask me to love you back for I never cease loving you."

 

He held my head, stares deeply and ask "Will it be okey if I take my medicine right here and right now?"

 

I look back at him in confusion but the moment he pulled me and claimed my lips, It was then that I get what he mean.

 

              ------------------------------------------------------------ FIN---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------