The Final Chapter: Moment of Truth part1

IN THE NAME OF LOVE

A/N:  My thanks to all who subscribed to the story. I hope not to get any violent reaction from some of you after reading this final chapter.  Hoping to see you all subscribing to my latest story...'story of a fairy tale love affair.  Peace!!!!  Here's the final chapter.

                                                            ====================================================

DARA'S POV 

 

It's been four long years since I left korea to further my studies in the United States and took a post as a residence doctor at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.  There's a lot of opportunities that opened up for me to take but I need to let them go.  I may have all the fame and success in the world but I left my heart and soul in here and as promised, I will be back to claim it once more and never again let go.  I sighed looking outside the window and saw the familiar buildings.  

"This is it...this is the moment of truth" I uttered myself.  My heart is erratically been beating too fast and I am nervous to death.  I sighed deeply as I recall ....the promise that I left and now I need to face and fulfill.     My memories wanders and  took me off four years ago..

 

Flashback

DARA'S POV

I've been in my room crying my heart and eyes out.  It wasn't really easy to fall in love and much more falling for two.  I couldn't bring myself to chose.  I'm always been like this eversince the incident happens between me, jiyong and jaejoong.  My situation greatly affected my whole family and they are trying their best to console me, telling me that I'm still too young to be involve in serious matters of the heart and that I should focus more on my studies.  Love they say will eventually come my way when it s rightfully the time and mine to take.  

 

I asked jiyong and jaejoong to give me some space and time to think things through. I avoided every possible chances that i will be seeing them until one day....my parents asked me to further my studies abroad.  At first, I am against their idea and even voicing out my protest but in the end, I agreed and gladly accepted their wish.  I know they only wanted the best for me and seeing them so happy with my decision is the least i can do to repay them for everything they have done for me afterall, they are my parents and I love them so much.  If being far away was one of trial I had to go through finding my true and lasting love then with all my life, I will take it.  Now, there's something I need to settle first and must go through.  

 

I am now infront of Jaejoong.  Earlier, I called him up to meet me and now he is holding my hand as if any moment now I'll be going to disappear from his sight. I sighed.  

 

"Jaejoong, do you really love me?" I ask him

 

He flinched and quite saddened to hear what I've asked.  "Dara, if what I've done before doesn't prove anything to you at all then give me another chance.  I will do everything to let you know and feel that I do really love you"

 

I hold his face and caress his cheek with my thumb saying "It's not that I'm questioning your sincerity jaejoong.  I do know and feel that you do love me and I appreciate everything that you did for me.  When I felt that I'm no good, you made me feel that 'I'm the best'.  When I felt that I'm nothing and no one to be loved, you came and made me feel that I'm more than something and unconditionally loved me.  In your eyes, I can see that love and I can see my reflection in it.  You made me feel I'm special jaejoong.  Everything you did for me will forever be remembered and I do, I really do hoping to receive more from you but I have to leave you.  I'm going to pursue my studies abroad jaejoong as what me and my parents agreed.  My absence will be a hindrance but somehow,  a test for us to determine whether we are meant for each other or not.  I don't want you to wait for me but instead, let us go in our separate ways from now on and if time comes that we meet again, it's only then that fate and our love will lead us both to where we should be."

 

"You're asking me not to wait for you but I can assure you that this stubborn heart of mine will forever remember and if oneday, we see each other again it will still go back to its rightful owner....I just hope by that time 'you will able to love me back'."  jaejoong said and he hugged me so tight. 

 

"I promise to be back jaejoong."  I whispered and hugged him back.

 

Every steps I make leaving jaejoong at our meeting place broke my heart.  It's not that easy to see him crying and I 'letting him go'  but I can't be that selfish to make him wait.  Its freaking four years away.   I raise my head to look up and uttered a silent prayer above as my every tear drops.  Yes, I learn to love him too that it hurt this much.  

 

I am walking away from him and going to my other destination....to jiyong.  I have asked him to meet me somewhere and to bid him my goodbye as well.  I took my phone and dial his number.  "Jiyong, I'm on my way, please wait."

 

I saw him sitting on the bench, his back facing me.  I took a deep breath and approach and called him.  "Jiyong"

He turn his back and immediately went my way.  He smile at me and say "HI".   I smile back at him and do greet him as well.

There's silence that follows,  we just stare at each other as if we can read what was on our mind.  It's not easy to utter a word of goodbye to someone  who have been a part of my life...a special person who doesn't know that he was admired from afar...my unrequited love only to find out that if only I had the courage to confess before, it will make a huge difference now.  I snapped the seconds I felt his hand holding mine.  

 

"Dara is there something wrong?  What is it you wanted us to talk about?"  he ask

 

I sighed and look at him "Jiyong, I will be leaving in a couple of weeks from now.  My parents and I decided that I'll be pursuing my studies abroad.  I'm here to bid you goodbye." 

 

"You were?  But what about me...us?  Jiyong sad voice cut through me.  I can see the mixed emotion in his eyes...the clearing of an invicible lump in his throat.  Oh God, I uttered in silence.  I could feel his agony of trying to hold back the sadness and tears and it pain me to see him like this.

 

I close my eyes, trying not see his and forced every word in my mind to come out.  "You have your own life to live and I can't hold you back to live it freely.  I don't want to hold on to you jiyong.  I will be gone for about four or more years.  I don't want to be selfish.  Please try to understand."  

 

He stared at me while he run his thumb on my cheek and says.  "Dara, I don't mind to wait that long...just assure me that 'I can have you all to myself' when the time comes that you will return here then It'll be fine.   I don't mind waiting as long as I know that 'you will be back for me'  Just promise me please."

 

"I can't and will not promise you anything jiyong.  As I've said, I am not selfish not to give you the freedom to live your life freely...to choose anything, decide whatever without a hindrance of thinking back just because you are hold to a promise.  We can't predict what four years will do to both of us, what path we will take...what decisions we will make and whoever will come in our lives.  We will never know unless we're there in that situation.  There would a lot of 'What If' and 'If only' .  I don't want you nor me to go through with it.  Only time can tell if we're meant to be or not and that's the only thing we can be assure of...time can only tell.

 

He let out a sigh as he says, "No matter what,  please do remember that I will be right here waiting for you.  The thoughts of you coming back one day will surely keep me hoping for us....that someday and along the way...fate will lead you back and if that happens I pray that you won't be running away  from me anymore.  

 

"If that happens, there will be no more running away jiyong........there won't be anymore running away and that's for sure." 

 

Jiyong pulled me closer to him and hugged the life out of me.  He kissed my head and as he whispered 'i love you' over and over.  I just let him be and succumbed myself to the warm of his body.  Now it dawn on me how it feels like to be loved by him and it just felt so right.....if only.

End of flashback

 

 

Chaerin fetch me from the airport.  My sister is now a famous member of 2ne1 together with my bestfriend bom.  Who wouldn't thought that most of the people I've known will be involve in music particularly jaejoong and jiyong.  I heard and learnt everything about them from chaerin, bom and top including sohee.  I couldn't imagine how popular they are right now. Their pictures around the net shows how they become more handsome and oozing with so much confidence.  They reach and exceed their dreams.....I just wandered though....am I still....somehow....a part of their dreams.  A question I can't answer right now.

 

"So how was your flight?"  chaerin ask while driving us home.

 

"It was fine, tiring but nevertheless, I'm happy to be back.  I said.

 

Chaerin momentarrily look at me and said. "I'm so happy to have you back sis....sorry if I couldn't visit you quite often.  So busy with  a lot of stuff but I promise to make it up to you.   So glad that you will be staying here for good .  I will be throwing you a party tomorrow evening and just like you said, I kept your arrival a secret to everyone even to bom and sohee.  Can't wait for them to rant on me ha ha and it's all thanks to you.  I already booked us a VIP room at the Grand hyatt seoul.  I invited some of the people who you knew, just luck I guess, that they already confirm of coming.  So Dr. Sandara Park better prepare yourself,  you will be surrounded by popular idols tomorrow but for now, take a rest and I'll wake you up once we arrived home.

 

I nodded my head and once again I am lost with reality.  My thoughts strayed away, fear started crawling inside my heart...tomorrow I'll be meeting them....so soon.  How will I act infront of them....infront of jiyong and jaejoong....what am I suppose to say and where should I start.  I look outside as if I could find the answer but it's still the same....my worries stuck right through me....hardly closed eyes I tried to fight the unnerving feeling inside as I uttered Que sera sera.

 

They say every morning is a new beginning...it should be welcome with an utmost glee but why am I in a state of stupor....a zombie and robot rolled into one.  My parents were so happy to see me...I smile, talk and mingle with them...doing it the right way but the disturbance of the party later tonight bring the coolest chill down on me.  I cringed but there's no way 'I will back out'.   It is now or never....time has come that I should face the consequence of my action four years ago and whatever it'll be, I won't be running away but will accept it.  If I have changes in me, tonight, will bring the biggest one.  Will it be jiyong....Will be jaejoong...whoever it might be waiting for me...I'll be there to face him and will now surrender myself to call of love willingly without a doubt.

===========================need to cut here first....next chapter the finale part 2=========================================