The Beginning of the Real Battle

IN THE NAME OF LOVE

A/N  Guys,  you immerse yourself too much in this story...can't help to laugh at some comments.  Lets share your dilemma...I will make dara feel it too.  Your comments are highly appreciated...it gives me the energy to keep on updating.  A million thanks to all of you.  So here goes your new chapter.  Enjoy!

                                  ===============================================================================

DARA'S POV

We're having our  breakfast when I broke my silence and asked "Mom, Dad, can I have a car of my own please"  

 

They both looked my way surprised "Sweetheart, why bring the topic of having a car all of a sudden.  It was not even a necessity since we lived close to your school."

 

I hesitated for a moment and said "Err, it's just some of my classmate owns one and it depict 'independence' sort of thing...you know"

 

I know it was a lame alibi but what can I do, I can't tell them the real reason why I suddently want to have a car.  I never dreaded going to school on foot...never... but not until I was forced to face a dilemma of having to meet jiyong and jaejoong most of the time.  We are not an issue anymore instead, we became an 'eyesore' to everyone and is my 'worst nightmare'.  True to his word, jiyong never gave up and his extra mile are way too obvious.  He never missed a single day waiting for me, rooting himself at the far left corner of our school main entrance which became his self claimed post eversince.

 

"Aigoo, my baby girl is talking independence now.  Maybe next time she'll just leave us to live on her.  What do you think mom, should we give in to her request?"  Dad sentiment made me smile but he is always like that since I'm his favorite being the youngest.  I turn to look at my mom nervously, waiting for her answer but only to be disappointed  "We'll think about it sweetheart...we can't just let you drive around.  I don't know what will I do if you suffer because of a vehicular accident."

 

I can't blame my mother for being paranoid. Being a doctor, she does have her share of vehicular cases and were sadden to learn that most of the driver involved was as young as I am.   "Mom, please I know how protective you are to us but trust me.  I wlll be careful just like chaerin."

 

I saw chaerin pointed her fork in my direction and said "Whoa, don't you include me in this talk dara."    

 

"Sweetheart, I said 'we will think about it' and chaerin better hurry, or you'll be late."  I heard my mom said  

 

I let out a sighed and answer her "Okey"

 

I saw my parents stood up from their seat went to my side and kiss me.  My father took a sudden liking  messing  my hair, hugged me and said  "Good luck on your date tonight...it really breaks my heart to share you with another man but what can I do, my baby girl is growing up so fast and is now a beauty to behold"

 

"yah appa ah, what about me?"  chaerin whined

 

"You too chaerin,  you grew up to look just like me ha ha ha"  my father teased and we all share the humour laughing.  

 

"Well go ahead sweetie,  be careful on your way to school arasso."  my ever loving mom reminding me once more and waving her hand to say goodbye.

 

Last night, jaejoong insisted on walking me home despite my protest.  I don't really want to bother him for I know 'he lived far from where I lived'.  We talk on our way home but nothing personal.  I invited him inside the house and my parents who were home early asked him to stay for dinner which he shyly agreed.  I got my most embarassing moment  when he asked my parents  to allow me for a 'valentine date' with him.   My father wink at me, an evil grin visibly showing on his face and teased me more hitting the obvious "Aigoo, my baby girl is blushing."  he laughed and settled his sight at jaejoong and said "Okey young man, just take good care of her and be sure to bring her back in one piece.   That's how I ended up having a date tonight.  

 

I am now settled inside my classroom engrossed listening to the lecture only to be disturbed when someone knocked at the door and peep inside.  My professor went outside but soon went back holding a bouquet of flowers and chocolate.  He called my attention "Miss Dara Park, this is for you."  I reluctantly stood on my chair and walk towards him to take it.  I said "my thank you" and immediately went to sit again amidst those teasing and clapping of hands from my classmate.

 

 "I never thought of having a difficult day today, I'm not only busy lecturing here but instantly became a courier as well.  Is this really how this gonna be, having a student as popular as Miss Dara Park.  Tell me now Miss Park, do we still have to wait for more gifts today?" he joked and then he heard a faint knock on the door again..raised his finger in the air and said "me and my big mouth"...as usual he went outside and came back with another bouquet of flowers and a box of chocolates.  He raised his brows and walked in my direction..."Needless to say, this too belongs to you.  he put it down on my chair

 

"Class, do you think this is too much.  I am interupted in the middle of my lecture and you were rob of your precious time learning.  Isn't it only justifiable if we could at least know the sender's name of these gifts right."  I heard my classmate roared their agreement.  I look at bom dismayed, she too is clapping wild.  My eyes were fixed looking at the small enclosed card while my hands were trembling.  I heard my professor chuckled and said "We don't want to be too hard on you, just gave us the initials."  I nod my head and took the card " its from K J sir."  I saw my professor smile and then said "What about the other one?"  I reluctantly took the other card and read "its from K J too sir."   Then I heard my classmate gasping  and saying "Whooahh"

 

I am asking myself how long this 'crucifixion' will last.  This is not funny for me.  just imagine being the laughingstock of everyone...I am making myself too vulnerable here.  With the teasing and all...only god knows why I'm still in my seat breathing.  I am unwilling to look around, scared to catch and entangled in an eye contact with anyone.  I was brought out in my solace when I heard my professor blurted out "Didn't know you are fond of name such as K J, I hope it does not stand out as Kill joy.  Shall we continue discussing then, Miss Park here is dangerously breaking apart."  he then let out a hearty laugh which all my classmate shared.  I heaved a sigh of relief when the teasing dies down and our professor continue with his lecture.

 

My class ended just fine.  I am now walking home with bom when jiyong approached us.  "Hi dara, HI bom"

 

"Oh hi there jiyong"  bom said "do you happen to know where top is?"

 

"He's at the gate waiting for you.  If you'll excuse me, can I talk to dara privately...please"  he said looking at bom

 

Seeing her worried face and hesitant, I step in to say "It's okey bom.  You can leave us.... go now and meet top."

 

"What is it jiyong?"  I said

 

He look over my direction and said  "I want to ask you out on a date dara.  he paused and then carry on "please."

 

"Sorry jiyong, can't do. I already had a date tonight,"  

 

The sudden decline on his shoulder says that he is totally let down.  I could hardly hear his voice when he asked me "Is it with jaejoong?"

 

Why ask me that question when he probably knows the answer.... "Yes"  I simply said  "If you don't have anymore to say, I need to get going now."

 

I leave him reading a text from jaejoong that says 'he'll come at 6 in the evening at our house'.  i typed in my answer 'okey' then walk home.

 

Jaejoong and I went to eat in a fancy restaurant.  The place captivated me, the slow music playing in the background sets the mood of everyone  which mostly are couples in a romantic way.  Jaejoong can be so sweet sometime.

 

"Do you like the place?"  jaejoong ask

 

"like?  I love it jaejoong?"  I genuinely answer him

 

He smile at me and held my hand "Glad you love it. I hope the rest of the evening will only give us both happy moment to last"

 

 Stunned at the remark and blushing, I just nod my head in agreement and gently took my hand away from his hold.  When we finished eating in silence and just taking our time sipping our own drinks.  I am watching him from a corner of an eye...he seems contemplating on something and nervous.  "Are you okey, jaejoong."

 

"huh,  I'm okey dara."  he stop..look at me..grasp my hand across and my eyes went wide when he suddenly presented a ring "Dara, will I have the honour to have you as my girlfriend?"

 

I gulped in an instant not knowing what to say...I know this thing will happen but not expecting it today. Part of me is rejoicing but there's this nagging feeling that I should not jump at that   "Err,   I really like you jaejoong but can you give me more time please."  I pushed the ring to him but he just put it inside my hand  and tightly hold it close.  "keep this dara and if one day I will see you wearing it, I will be very, very happy"  I can only smile at him for I am really speechless.

 

I am now inside the cab going home after a long talk with jaejoong.  He sure is very stubborn to take me home but I persisted of going alone.  I am near our home when I noticed someone waiting at the side of our gate.  I couldn't see clearly his face but when he turned to look at once when my cab stop, I gasped.  It's jiyong.  

 

I meet him in the middle when he walk in my direction, "What are you doing here jiyong?"  I look at him and saw clasping himself from cold.  "How long have you been in here?"  I unconciously took my shawl and wrap it around his neck....god he is very cold.

 

Shaking from cold he said "I'm waiting for you.  I am hoping that after your date with jaejoong, I can take you out as well."

 

"I'm too tired jiyong."  I firmly said "Just go home and take a rest too" 

 

"I promised it won't take us long.  I know a good eatery around the neighborhood."  he began while rubbing his stomach "I'm hungry, haven't taken my dinner yet."

 

I rolled my eyes. I don't really have the heart to turn him down "Alright. ..alright.  shall we go there now."  I turn to walk but soon find my hand in his hold. I looked at him and saw him grinning.  He swayed our hands together in the air as we walk,  If this can make him happy and lessen the cold he's feeling then let it be.

 

He ordered 'spicy pork bone soup' in house special of the eatery we went to. The food is very tempting and soon find myself trying out the dish and enjoyed talking with jiyong.   Subconciously, I am watching his every move, the way he eat and talk.  Too often than not, he is teasing me about it but I always answer him with a smile and will just look away.  It never really take us long and since we lived in the same vicinity, we walked ourselves home.

 

I am now infront of our gate when I heard him say..."Dara, thank you"

 

"Thank you too jiyong and goodnight."  I walked inside when I remember something "and jiyong, thank you also for the flowers and chocolates."

 

"You're welcome.  goodnight too and see you tomorrow."

 

"Yeah, see you. bye"  and then I went inside closing the gate behind me.

 

I woke up early the next day feeling so lightheaded.  I have my usual breakfast with my family and them questioning about the 'date'. I tried not to disclose  about jiyong cause they don't know a thing about it.  I bid them goodbye as I run to the door, odd but I'm looking forward to go to school this early.  I saw jaejoong walking towards me and I wave to acknowledge him.  We were walking towards my classroom when I heard jiyong calling me 

 

"DARA" I turn to look and waited for him.  I saw him taking something from his bag...it's my shawl.  "here, I need to return this to you and thank you,  I really enjoyed the night"

 

I absentmindendly nod and smile at him but when I look at jaejoong, I saw the hurt and query look in his eyes.  I am dumbstruck confused on what to say to him or how I'm suppose to explain to him everything.  When he suddenly turn his back on me, I call his name and tried to follow him but jiyong got hold of my hand restraining me.  I look at  them, their faces are both showing anguish,  I can't take this anymore...my heart ache for both and pulled in between not knowing who to choose and who to let go.  I cried at the though as my tears finally let go.

                                      ================================================================

Next:  The Final Chapter:  The Moment of Truth

                            Jaejoong or Jiyong?  I honestly don't know as well!