The late Realization

IN THE NAME OF LOVE

Author's note:   I'm not suppose to update today but after reading your comments I think I owe you one...Thanks for all those who subscribed.  Guys, not many of you knows that I am also the writer of DALAM MIMPI, AKU CINTAKAN KAU (In my dreams, I love you).  If you have time you can check it out as well.  If I'm not updating IN THE NAME OF LOVE...it is then that I have updated my other story.  Don't worry it's not written in any language but english.  its of different genre..comedy...which I find more easy to write coz it does not drained too much of my concentration unlike writing In the name of love...which I had to invest a lot of emotions.  but don't get me wrong....I'm not complaining.  I do love this story too and this being my first story.  all original.  Again, my heartfelt thanks for all the nice comments.....Cheers and enjoy the next chapter.

=========================================================================================================================

DARA'S POV continuation

If not from bom's slight tap on my cheeks I could have stayed frozen on my spot.  I don't even remember saying goodbye, all I know everything went blank when I feel them kissing me.  There's this blurred memoirs where I saw them waving their hands towards me, I might have been looking in their direction but my gaze just pierced through.

 

"What was that dara?"  Bom asked

 

"You tell me cause I don't even know the reason myself."  I said while massaging my already aching head. "I'm not expecting anything like this to happen"

 

For a moment there, I saw how disturbed she is. "Oh hum, ssanntokki ah....hmmm....I...I....nevermind"  There's a hesitant in bom voice. Does she knows something and worst, does she commit a mistakes.  I knew her through and through...if she's like this...became timid... then she must have done bad.  Does it happen last night after she left me?

 

I glared at her direction "Spill it out now bom,  how bad was it.  What did you do this time?"

 

I saw her eyes glazed with tears and fidgeted..."Sssanntokki ah, please don't be angry with me okey.   I was with sohee last night, I only wanted to talk some sense to her.  It happened by accident...slipped of the tongue...then he's there when....when I blurted out your true feelings for jiyong.  He overheard us talking."

 

"Omo."....I gasped while looking at her with wide eyes...  "How could you?"  So, this could be the reason why jiyong is acting weird today because he knows it now.  Do you know what I want to do right now huh...Aish.. I wanted to disappear...be gone from this place..so that I can spare myself from further embarassment. How can you be so carrrreeelesssssssssss?"  I hissed

 

"Dara ah...mianhe." she is now on the verge of crying....."I know its my fault but really, I am just trying to help." She then let out some sniff and sobs.

 

I know that she only wanted to help but sometimes I pray that she just keep her prying nose to herself.  "Stop crying bom...I'm not really mad with you.  You already helped me out by just being there to listen...by letting me have your shoulder to cry on....I am more than grateful for all that and beside we can't bring back your words nor do anything about it now...what done is done....and if facing consequence means facing jiyong 'so be it'."  I wanted to tap myself for sounding courageous.  

 

"Saranghe dara ah...saranghae"  I almost lose my balance when she suddenly hug me.  "I love you too bom" I whisper and hugged her back.

 

"Compose yourself now...our classmate were looking at us and our class is about to start."  I told her after I saw my professor heading his way to our class.

 

Eventhough I'm faced with a lot of worries and have been  distracted about it,  I was able to pulled through smoothly with my classes.  I was on my way with bom to have our lunch but then a text message from 'sohee' asking me to see her changed my mind.  "Bom, you go ahead.  I need to go somewhere else first."

 

"Where...do you want me to go with you?"  She asked

 

"No need bom.  I'm meeting someone about some matters.  Anyway, it won't be long.  I'll just meet you at the canteen.  bye"  I run away from her before she can ask another question. She don't have to know 'where and who' I will be meeting.  It will be tough on her part to see me and sohee having an arguments, I don't want to burden her anymore with my own problems. 

 

I never felt so anxious....I can't think of any reason why she need to see me this time and then I silently curse 'Darn, she want to see me because of the morning event'.   Ottokee...ottokee.  I writhe in nervousness and with all honestly, it crossed my mind to go back and leave but it is too late now for she already saw me.  She draw closer in my direction and say "follow me".  I silently walk behind her...preparing myself for any confrontation that soon may erupt between us....she stop on her track and I soon realize that we already reach our destination...our campus rooftop.

 

She look at me but I can't  read through her....she's not showing anger or hatred..on her face were of pure blank expression.  I am already dying inside anticipating for her next move but the silence between us is taking too long....."Sohee"  I began  "What is it that you wanted to see me."

 

I look and saw her took a deep sigh...glance at my direction and open to say "Dara, I'm sorry. she took my hand and press it gently "I'm really sorry."

 

It was 'the shock of my life' hearing sohee apologizing.   I am just staring at her with misty eyes...I couldn't explain the mixed emotions I'm feeling inside but definitely I am very happy.  A tear drops from her eyes and wet her cheeks as she struggle for words to say "I know I never been a good friend to you.  I recall every bad thing I did to you back then like pulling your hair painfully..pinching you..slapped you hard and saying bad words but everytime I did all those things, you still laugh at me and take all those as a joke.  I am worthy of being despised but you still say 'you love me because I am your friend'.    You are just so naive, very forgiving and I doubt, if there's even a speck of mean bone in you.   I'm really, really sorry."

 

I took her hand and put it in my chest  "Sohee, I never see you as an enemy, as a competitor but only as a friend and believe me those things that you did will not change it."  I do love you sohee and no matter what happens I could never really hate you." and I pulled her for a hug.

 

We remained hugging each other and crying when my stomach grumble.  "Yah santokki ah, you're hungry"  she wailed,  Come let me treat you to lunch, I haven't taken mine as well. 

 

She did all the talking while walking our way to the canteen.  She did mentioned the event last night with bom and jiyong and that they broke up.  She didn't elaborate why and I dare not ask.   We immediately took our seat joining bom and top.  Bom is too overwhelmed seeing us made up and does not ask question but just took both our hands and squeezed it hard.  We eat, talk, laugh and enjoy the moment with one another until we need to separate and go back to our respective classes.

 

After our last class ended bom asked "Dara ah.  would you like to come with me and top.  We're watching a movie today."  

 

I laughed and "Bommie ah, you don't need a chaperone beside I don't have a date you will only make me jealous."

 

I saw her pouting her lips and heard her say "Who says I need a chaperone.  Dara ah...please come with us...please.  I can't go to watch a movie with top if you're not coming."

 

"but why?"  I asked her curiously

 

"Because I made you as an alibi not only to my parents but to your parents as well....they know I will be watching a movie with you" 

 

"You what...use me as your alibi...way to go bom.  you're too impossible."  resentlment is visible in my voice "You even dare asked if I want to go when in reality, I don't have a choice but to go, is that so bom?"

 

"It's okey dara if you don't really wanna go...I don't want to force something on you." she paused and sadly look at me "I'll call top to cancel our date."

 

Looking as she  fished her phone from her bag and waited for her to dial top's number but the thing is, I don't like seeing her so sad so I grab the phone and said "You win bom.  I'll go and pleaaseeeeeee, stop showing me that sad face of yours."

 

She grabbed my hand and hugged me "thank you...thank you.  you're really my best friend ever."  and I laughed at her childishness.

 

We meet top at our school main entrance and took a cab downtown.  We ate first then head to choose which movie to watch but to my surprise someone is there to meet us too.  I turned to top and bom and asked them "Do both of you know anything about this?"

 

"Believe me dara, I have nothing to do with this."  Bom quickly retorted and then asked Top  "Were you the one who asked him to come"

 

"It's not like that.  He texted me asking my whereabouts.  I did answer him that I'll be watching a movie with you guys, That's all.  I didn't know that he'll come." top explained.

 

"Don't be hard on them dara.  They knew nothing really.  I just want to talk to you."

 

I took a deep breath and said "Bom..top...you go ahead and watch a movie.  I'll wait for you until the movie ends....just text me if you're ready to go.  I'll go and talk to 'him' somewhere."

 

"You sure...we can just go home now."  bom said

 

"I'm fine bom.  Just enjoy your date...promise I'll wait for you"  I smile and pushed her to top and turn to look at jiyong  "You..come with me"

 

We find ourselves seated in a nearby park and we let a momentary silence between us reigned.  I'm enjoying the cool breeze of the evening but  I don't feel the peaceful  relaxation it gives.  I feel the tension between us and as time pass by, it is getting  fiercier.  I took the courage to start by asking "What is it you want to talk about?"

 

I saw him move involuntarily and stiffen.  Avoiding looking  at me, he said "Is it true that 'you like me'?"

 

"True or not, it doesn't matter anymore.  What is meant to be buried in the past, remained buried.  There's no point in digging deeper for there's nothing worth looking for it now."  I firmly said to him

 

"Are you telling me that I am nothing to you now.  That I am just a part of your past and that I don't exist in your present anymore.  Is that want you want to say  and the possibility of 'us' is next to impossible." 

 

"I gave up on hoping and that lingering idea of 'us' when you choose someone else,you must know that it  was you who never gave 'us' a chance before."  I look at him and continue  "There is no 'us' in this present time and yes, there will never be no 'us' either in the future. 

 

"I didn't know that you like me then....I didn't see it."  he said

 

"Not knowing nor seeing is not the point here.  It's that you never really looking my way.  You didn't notice me outside your classroom waiting which I've been doing religiously.  You didn't notice me looking at you...smiling at you.   Isn't it pathetic that you came now and bravely asking me after you 'heard' about it.  I'm asking you now, why never take the chance before when you don't know anything yet?" I asked

 

I've waited for him to speak up but the dead silence is not yet been broken.."Don't contemplate on your answer...just like what I said before...it will not change a thing now."  I stood up to leave but he grabbed my hand and said "Dara, I'm not giving up.  I will go an extra mile just like what you did in the past and be a man enough to  prove to you that 'I love you' not because of the knowledge 'that you did like me once' but because this what I really feel for you.  Just please give me a chance."

 

I pulled my hand from his hold and look at him "There's nothing to prove to me now.  I guess, your realization is just too late."

 

"It's never too late dara.  I'll stop when I see you with someone but until then you can't make me stop loving you" 

 

"Suit yourself jiyong"  I was distracted to continue hearing my phone constant ringing. It was bom calling..."I'll better go now."

 

As I started taking a step away from him, I heard him whisper... hardly audible but could still make me to stop on my tracks..."Dara, please give me a chance"