The Agony

IN THE NAME OF LOVE

Bom pulled me out of the house.  We literally run out of the house.  "I can't let auntie and uncle see you like this...I will phone them later, I will let them know that you'll be sleeping over at our house."  I didn't protest to what bom is saying, I just let things be.  

Bom looked and hugged me close.  I'm so pathetic...the guy isn't my boyfriend yet and here I am crying out loud as if I've been cheated.  Bom said that I need to calm myself and that I need to pull out of this misery.  She told me, she hated it when she sees me cry, she even jokingly said that God is so gracious to me that He had given me this beautiful face just to be ruined by me.  She even faced me with a mirror just to let me know how awfully ugly I am for  crying out.  My swollen eyes, dripping red nose, and a hoarse voice to back it of. 

"Dara," I heard bom said.  "This is not the end of the world.  You're beautiful inside and out.  A lot of men were dying to be notice by you.  You have to look around,  jiyong is not the only guy that could make you happy and I'm sure of that.  All along I've been trying to stick this word in your stubborn head, but you never listen.  I am not blaming you for loving him that way but please dara, move on and make yourself available for other men too."  I look at her and give her a bitter laugh, while thinking that maybe bom is right...I need to move on and open up myself for another man who can love me.  I hope that I had more than enough courage to do what is right.   

 

DARA'S POV

I heave a sigh looking at that  familiar building, I'm aching to go there but the other half of me is telling me otherwise.  There's seem a battlefield inside of me but in the end I choose to drag myself to go to my own building.

"Santokki,  you're early....so unusual of you. " bom teased but nevertheless happy to see me.

"Oh stop it bom.  you're annoying me too much. " 

"So, what are we doing after school, do you want to go shopping again or perhaps watch a movie."  Bom exactly knew that I resort to shopping everytime I am depressed.

"Well, maybe not today bom."  Her unbelieving shocked face made me giggle.

"Yah, dara..what's wrong with you.  Do you have a fever or something" and then ran her hand onto my forehead.  

I just slap her hand and roll my eyes.."I just don't feel like shopping today, that's all."

She's about to open to say something when our professor made his way in.  She immediately sit on her chair but give me that look that we will continue talking after class.

Aish, this girl really.  I ignore grumpily and decided to attentively focus on the board.

 

After our class ended, I quickly grab and pack my things inside my bag.  Bom and I will grab something from canteen since this is our lunch break but before we even took a flight out of the room top hyung came and greeted us.

 

"Hi Bom.  Hi Dara."   top said

"Oh hi top". bom said while I just nod at him

"Going somewhere?"  top asked. 

"Yes, we are about to grab something at the canteen.." .bom told him while walking 

"Can I join you guys, I'm heading that way too.  Guess I'm lucky  that I won't be eating lunch all by myself today."

"Why, where's jiyong?"  I've already slipped out the word before I could even think of not uttering it...I just hope top would not think  anything out of this  but just a simple question.

"He's with sohee.  Don't you know that they are now officially a couple now."

I nod my head in admittance while I felf bom held my hand a little tighter.  I smile at her and squeze her hand to let her know that I'm alright.

Once we arrive at the canteen and getting a table. top ask us what we wanted to have for our lunch..telling us that today it will be his treat. 

We are eating already when top hyung sees someone and waved his hand.  I turn my back to see who was it only to tremble at the sight of him with sohee.  I dreaded the idea that they will join us in our table but they did and worst of all they seated right in front of me....right  in front of me doing their lovesickening sweet moments.   

"Hey dara, get yourself a boyfriend girl. " sohee said.  I choked hard and redden.  I saw everyone eyes on me.  

"Whhaattt?"  I heard both jiyong and top simultaneously ask

"She's one of the most popular girl in our campus and yet she does not have a boyfriend.  I knew a lot of guy desiring over her and roaming around you.  Don't tell me you never even consider one amongst many. " top unashamed telling it to my face.

"Why, you seem too surprised?  Is her status of not having a boyfriend be so hard to accept and believe in.  Well let just say that she isn't in need of having one yet....maybe not ready to chose one from amongst many just like you said top."  bom didn't give me a chance to talk,  I'd like to think that she pressed those word hard enough but hinting no one in particular.

 

I thank bom for what she did but somehow I can let go of the chance to let everyone know what I feel.  I need to speak out my mind and speak it  out loud. I held my head up and look at them, " I already chose one  but sadly he is not one of those admirers I have.  I like him but I couldn't tell him.  too embarass even to talk to him personally.  I roam around him as well just to be notice...do silly things just to get his attention and I know why now....why he wouldn't look my way.. why liking me is next to impossible" ....I hung at my next word...and look at jiyong direction...."because he love someone else."  I forced myself to wink and laugh. Just then the bell ring.

 

JIYONG'S POV

We saw top, bom and dara at the canteen.  I came with sohee to eat .  We decided to join them since they were our friends too.  Sohee is a little too clingy and demand too much attention from me...I just ride along with her whims.  When all of a sudden she blurted out asking dara to get herself a boyfriend.  Me and top couldn't believe that  she was not taken yet knowing the fact that she's one of most popular girl in our campus. Some of my friends were her loyal fanboys too.   When they see her,  they could not help but gasp and drool a little.  Beautiful is not even a correct word to describe her,  she is spectacular to be watch. I could say that this conversations irks bom...I can feel the irritation and anger in her voice telling us that maybe dara is not yet ready for a relationship.  But what surprises me is that dara spoke up for the very first time during our conversation...compose herlself before telling everyone that she indeed like someone but that guy doesn't like her and that she knew why....she hung the next word....I was deep into her story...can't help to listen eagerly...I caught her looking at me intently before saying  "He love someone else". Bull, I think foolishly then that she's telling it as I am that guy...Crap.  am I this paranoid.  I really wanted to ask her the guy's name when the bell rings.  We quickly grab our own things and left to go to our next class.