Chapter 31: Kyuhyun's heavy heart

Hallyu Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Ugh, where is it? Ottoke!" Shin Hye muttered to herself as she ran from her bed to her dresser.

She was frantically turned her things upside down trying to find the ring that Kyuhyun gave her. In a matter of minutes, Kyuhyun and the other members would be arriving to fetch her. While hanging out with the other members a few days earlier, Shin Hye happend to mention that she is very good in bowling. And the other members, Donghae and Eunhyuk specifically, did not let it pass and decided to challenge her in a bowling match. So tonight, they decided to go to a bowling alley to play. They divided themselves into two teams. Donghae and Eunhyuk are teammates and much to Shin Hye's dismay, she was stuck to be teammates with her not so sporty boyfriend. Whoever loses would have to drink a bottle of soju in just one shot. Shin Hye jumped when she heard their doorbell ringing.

" That must be them. Ottoke?" Shin Hye muttered to herself.

Downstairs, she heard the familiar voice of Kyuhyun introducing Eunhyuk and Donghae to her eomma. Shin Hye stood in the middle of her room, trying to think where she could possibly last placed her ring. Then she remembered. Last night when she came home from a photoshoot, she remembered taking the ring off and putting it on her bedside table before she went of to the bathroom to wash her face and remove her makeup. She sat down on her bed just beside the bedside table but much to her annoyance, the ring wasn't there.

 "Ah jinjja!" She exclaimed in annoyance while stomping her foot hard on the floor. Just then, an idea came to her. She knelt down on the floor to look under her bed thinking that the ring must have probably rolled under.

"Yes! There you are!" She happily exclaimed as she slid the ring on her finger. She and Kyuhyun promised to wear their couple rings only if they don't have a schedule. They could not wear it as part of their accessories for a schedule. She looked some more under her bed. She hadn't seen what's under her bed for a very long time already. She was surprised to see that there are so many things under her bed. Things that she thought she had lost forever. 

"Eo?" She cocked her head to the side when she saw a small pink box just beside the spot where her ring rolled off. Just then, her bedroom door opened.

"Shin Hye-ah! We're here!" It was Kyuhyun. "Oh, she's not here." He muttered.

"I'm here!" Shin Hye said, emerging from under the bed. The small pink box with her.

Kyuhyun looked around the room. "Wow. Your room is a mess. And what were you doing under your bed?" He asked with furrowed brows as he sat down Shin Hye's bed.

"Just looking for this." Shin Hye said as she showed her hand to Kyuhyun with the ring on it. She sat down on the bed beside him placing the box between them.

Kyuhyun narrowed his eyes at her. "You lost your ring?" He asked incredulously.

"No, I didn't. It's right here. See?" She said while waving her hand in front of Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun took her hand in his and shook his head at her. "Look at you." He said.

"Waeyo?" Shin Hye asked in her aegyo voice.

"You have dust all over your face." Kyuhyun chuckled. "Come here." He said as he pulled Shin Hye closer to him and wiped her face with the sleeve of his jacket.

"Jeongmal?" Shin Hye pouted, still using her aegyo voice.

Kyuhyun nodded his head, still wiping Shin Hye's face. "Yes. But you're still so cute. How could someone be so cute with dust all over her face?"

"Yah!" Shin Hye hit him on his chest when she noticed that Kyuhyun was just squishing her face. " Stop!" She giggled.

"There! All clean!" Kyuhyun said. He kissed Shin Hye sweetly on the cheeks. "Sorry. I can't help it. You're just too adorable!" He said while pinching her cheeks.

Shin Hye pinched Kyuhyun on his stomach. "Geez, you're such a sweet talker. Just exactly how many girls have you seduced because of that?" 

It was now Kyuhyun's turn to giggle. He was trying to block Shin Hye's hand away from him. "You're the first one, actually." He said while giggling.

"What a loser." Shin Hye muttered while shaking her head. "I'm going down to fix dinner for my dogs. Kaja!" She said as she stood up and pulled Kyuhyun with her.

"Can I stay here?" Kyuhyun asked.

Shin Hye narrowed her eyes at him. "Wae?"

Kyuhyun shrugged his shoulders. "It's just annoying to see Donghae hyung and Hyukjae hyung trying to get in your eomma's good graces." He said as he lied down on the bed.

"You sound jealous." Shin Hye while poking him on the side. Kyuhyun only stuck his tongue out to her. "Arasso. I'll just go back later to get my things and to get you." She winked at him before going out the door and climbing down the stairs.

When she got to the kitchen to fix her dogs' dinner, she saw Eunhyuk and Donghae sitting at the dining table, their mouths filled with food.  

They quickly swallowed their food when they saw Shin Hye entered. "Annyeong, Shin Hye-ah!" The two waved at her.

Shin Hye smiled at them. "Annyeong, oppas!" She waved back at them. "You two seemed to be enjoying down here." She said as she turned back to them and opened one of the kitchen cabinets to get the dog food.

She heard the two giggling. "You seemed to be enjoying in your room with Kyuhyun." Eunhyuk . 

She turned back to look at them with a shock expression. They were giggling like crazy. Shin Hye only shook her head at them. Just then, Shin Hye's eomma came in carrying a plate of food.

"Here's more! Aigoo, such good boys!" Shin Hye's eomma said as she placed the plate of food in front of Donghae and Eunhyuk.

"Kamsahamnidaa, eomoni!" Donghae and Eunhyuk bowed down before gobbling up the food.

"But where's Kyuhyun?" She turned to her daughter and asked.

Shin Hye poured the dog food in the bowls and her dogs came running in the room. "He's upstairs in my room." She answered without looking at her eomma. Her eomma walked up to her and slapped her on her back. "Oww! Eomma! Wae?" She gasped.

"Are you not embarassed to let your boyfriend in your messy room? Aigoo, this kid." She shook her head disapprovingly at her daughter before exiting the kitchen.

"But Kyuhyun's room is messier." She whimpered. She narrowed her eyes to Donghae at Eunhyuk who are now laughing at her.

"So, Shin Hye-ah," Donghae said after taking a sip of water. "Are you and your boyfriend ready to lose?"

Shin Hye chuckled. "Now, we're not going to lose!" She said. She bent down to pet her dogs who had just fnished eating their dinner. 

Eunhyuk and Donghae looked at each other then burst out laughing. "You guys are so gonna lose!" Eunhyuk said.

Shin Hye shook her head at the two. She sat down at the table beside Donghae. "That's funny. But we're not gonna lose. Kyuhyun and I are a great team." She said as she started to eat as well.

"Please. Trust me. You guys are going to lose." Eunhyuk said in a teasing tone.

Donghae leaned in closer to her. "Kyuhyun is the worst bowler in the whole wide world." He whispered to her but still loud enough for Eunhyuk to hear. He and Eunhyuk exchanged a high five.

Shin Hye stopped chewing and swallowed the food. "Oh god, yeah. You guys are right." She pouted.

Donghae patted her head while Eunhyuk laughed. "Prepared to get drunk!" Eunhyuk exclaimed while clapping his hands.

"Yeah. I love it when Shin Hye gets drunk." Donghae said. He and Eunhuk exchanged another high five.

Shin Hye pouted at them. "It's okay if Kyuhyun is bad at bowling. I love him no matter what." She dreamily said.

At that, Donghae and Eunhyuk stopped laughing. "Eyyy." Donghae sneered.

"How sweet." Eunhyuk said, his voice filled with sarcasm. 

Just then, Kyuhyun entered the kitchen. His shoulders were hunched and his head was bent low.

"Oh, Kyuhyun-ah. Sit down and eat first before we go." Eunhyuk told him while pulling the chair beside him. It's almost as if he was in his own kitchen.

"Right! Shin Hye's eomma is a very good cook!" Donghae exclaimed.

Kyuhyun sighed. "Uhm, actually, I'm not feeling well." He quietly said, his head still bent low.

"Huh?" Donghae confusedly asked.

"But you were fine just a while ago." Eunhyuk suspiciously said.

Shin Hye stood up and approached Kyuhyun. "Wae? Gwaenchana?" She reached out to feel his forehead. But to her surprise, Kyuhyun flinched and stepped backwards.

"Uhm, if you guys still want to go and play then go. I'm going back to the dorm." Kyuhyun quietly said, trying his hard to avoid Shin Hye's gaze. He turned and walked for the door.

Shin Hye, sensing Kyuhyun's all of a sudden changed mood, grabbed his arm to stop him from going out the door. "What is wrong with you?" She asked with furrowed brows.

Kyuhyun turned around to face her. "I don't know. You tell me." He said. His face expressionless.

"Ooh." Eunhyuk and Donghae said.

Shin Hye scoffed. "Excuse me? You're the one who's very moody in here." She said, anger bubbling up inside her.

Kyuhyun let out a deep breath. "Forget it. I'm going home." He said.

"Wait, what?" Shin Hye exclaimed. "Seriously, Kyuhyun. What's wrong?"

"Nothing." He said quietly. "You two coming with me?" Kyuhyun asked Donghae and Eunhyuk and two scrambled up off their seats to follow him

"Annyeong, Shin Hye-ah." Eunhyuk hurriedly waved at her.

"Maybe we'll play next time." Donghae said as he hurriedly followed the two out.

Shin Hye looked at them. She followed them out. "Kyuhyun! Wait!" She called out to him but he didn't budge. "If you walk out of that gate without telling me what's wrong, we're through!" She called out. She smirked when Kyuhyun immediately stopped walking.

Kyuhyun turned around. "That's not fair!" He said.

"No. What's not fair is you walking out on me all of a sudden." Shin Hye said. She walked up at him. From the corner of her eyes, she saw Donghae and Eunhyuk get out of the gate. "What's wrong? Please tell me." She asked Kyuhyun softly.

Kyuhyun looked at her eyes briefly before bowing his head. "I don't want to talk about it now." He said quietly.

Shin Hye sighed. Resigned, she crossed her arms in front of her. "Fine. Go home then." 

Kyuhyun looked at her now. "We're not yet through?" He asked sadly.

Shin Hye only shook her head. Kyuhyun turned around and stepped out of the gate, into his car and they drove off.

Shin Hye remained standing there for a while, trying to digest what happened and trying to think of reasons for Kyuhyun to act that way. She only moved when she felt someone tapping her shoulder. She turned to see her eomma looking at her confusedly.

"What happened? I thought you guys were going out to play?" She asked her daughter.

Shin Hye sighed. "I seriously don't know."

She stomped her way to her bedroom. She seriously can't understand Kyuhyun and his mood swings. Shin Hye has a lot of male friends who were always complaining to her about their girlfriends' mood swings. But in Shin Hye's relationship, it's the guy who always has the mood swings. She sighed as she closed the door to her bedroom. The box that she found under her bed was still sitting there just as she left it. She took it and placed it back under her taking a mental note to check its contents when she wakes up tomorrow. She dived on her bed and covered herself with her fluffy pillows and thick blanket and willed herself to turn her frustration into sleep.

 

~O~

 

Kyuhyun sighed. He had been doing a lot of sighing for the past 48 hours since he last saw Shin Hye. He was lying on the floor in the middle of their dorm's living room hugging the Kyuhyun doll that Shin Hye had given him before. Leeteuk is also with him in the living room lying down on the couch. He and Leeteuk are the only ones in the dorm right now because the other members had their own respective schedules. He had been avoiding Shin Hye for the last two days in a way that would make her think that he is not actually avoiding her but just because he is busy when in reality, he really is just avoiding her. He didn't know what to think and what to feel when he saw those things in Shin Hye's room. He didn't know if he should be mad at her or if he should just pretend that he didn't see anything. All he knows is that his heart feels really heavy right now. He sighed again. He held the doll to his face and stared at its face. Looking at it now, the doll doesn't really look like him. It's eyes are too round and it is smiling very brightly. Again, he sighed.

"Aigoo, Kyuhyunnie." Kyuhyun spoke to the doll. "My heart hurts."

"Yah. Why are you talking to a doll?" Leetuk asked him as he threw a pillow at Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun dodged the pillow using the doll. "Hyung, does the doll look like me? Like really really look like me?" He asked his hyung while holding the doll up so that it was facing Leeteuk.

"Hmm. Let me see." Leeteuk muttered. "Yeah. You're both fair-skinned. And has very red lips." 

"Jeongmal?" Kyuhyun said as he touched his own lips. "Well, I named him Kyuhyunnie. Shin Hye gave him to me before we started dating." He said in a sad voice.

Leeteuk laughed at him. "You named a doll? What are you, a six year old girl?" He shook his head at him. "Keunde, are you okay? you seem really sad." He added in a very concerned voice.

"I don't know, hyung." Kyuhyun said. He heaved a sigh.

Leeteuk s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter