Chapter 46: A Fan Meeting and a Sick Boyfriend

Hallyu Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Unbelievable."

Shin Hye muttered to herself as she sighed. Earlier that day when she was having a photoshoot for a magazine, Kyuhyun left her a mysterious message. The message contained an address where she should go and a time when she should arrived. And that was it. Thinking that it was probably one of his sweet and romantic surprises, she came to the said place at the said time. When she arrived at the place, she realized her mistake. Kyuhyun did surprise her but it was neither sweet nor romantic. It was terrifying (at least for her). When she opened the door to what looks like an old and abandoned computer shop, she was surprised by what she saw. There were lots of girls. Some were probably teenage girls seeing as they were in their high school uniforms and some were young adults, probably the same age as her. There were also a few guys, very few. When they felt Shin Hye's presence, some just looked at her with expressionless faces while some lit up and enthusiastically waved at her. Then it hit her. She knew some of the girls. Some of them were her fans. Some girls, the ones who looked at her blankly, were probably Kyuhyun's fans. She then remembered about Kyuhyun's plan. This must be it.

Now, sitting at a chair in front of the girls (their fans), Shin Hye watched as her boyfriend roamed around the room carrying boxes of what looked like cupcakes and giving each person a piece. She shook her head at him. So this was his plan? To gather their fans at one place? What if this doesn't go well? What if a fight ensues? And he actually called himself a genius for this. She felt her hands go clammy with nervousness. She suddenly started feeling that this won't turn out good. Finally, Kyuhyun sat down beside her with his box of cupcakes.

"Want one?" Kyuhyun offered as he brought the box closer to Shin Hye's face. He smiled at her like nothing unusual is happening. He smiled like having both of their fans in the same room is just a normal and everyday occurrence. She didn't give him an answer and just looked at him.

"You don't want? Arasso." Kyuhyun shrugged his shoulders. He took one cupcake from the box and ate it.

Shin Hye scoffed at him. She can't believe he has the appetite to eat a cupcake right now instead of explaining to her what's going on. She rolled her eyes at him and crossed her arms on her chest.

"What?" Kyuhyun asked her, his mouth full.

Shin Hye raised an eyebrow at him. "Care to explain to me what exactly is happening right now? Why am I here?" She hissed at him in a low voice.

Kyuhyun furrowed his brows in confusion. "What do you mean? This is your idea. You wanted to tell our fans first, remember?"

Shin Hye closed her eyes and breathed deeply. "Yes. But this isn't what I mean."

"What do you mean then?" Kyuhyun asked, his eyebrow rising.

"Definitely not putting our fans in the same room." Shin Hye exclaimed quietly.

"So what if they're all in the same room?"

"What if they fight?" 

"They won't! I've been in this room with them for at least an hour already and nothing has happened!" Kyuhyun whipsered to her in an annoyed voice. He looked at her with hurt in his eyes. "If anyone's fighting in this room, I think it's us." He added quietly. 

Shin Hye lowered her head in defeat. He's right. It looks like it's the two of them who are fighting. She didn't exactly wanted to pick a fight with him. She's not mad either. She's just really nervous. One of her biggest fears ever since becoming an actress that is paired with all the good looking guys is the hate from the guys' fan girls. She didn't want Kyuhyun's fans to hate her just because she's dating their oppa. She already has a lot of girls who are leaving hate comments on her every article. She doesn't think she can handle a lot more of that.

Beside her, Kyuhyun sighed. He placed the box of cupcakes at the table behind him and moved his chair closer to Shin Hye's. "Look, I know why you're being like this. You're scared they might hate you, am I right?"

Shin Hye looked at him and nodded her head. "I can't help it. You know how I have a lot of girls who hate me."

"I know what you mean. I'm scared too. Just look at your fanboys at the back." Kyuhyun said as he turned his head in that direction. Shin Hye followed his eyes and saw them. They were indeed glaring at Kyuhyun. They probably saw that they where arguing a bit earlier. "They look scary glaring at me like that." Kyuhyun added, giving a shudder.

"Why did I even think of this? This is a bad idea." Shin Hye said in a panicked voice.

"You can't back out on me now. Come on. Let's do this together." Kyuhyun smiled, offering his fist to her.

Shin Hye took a deep breath. She bumped her fist to Kyuhyun's. Hopefully, this goes right. "Fine."

"I'm nervous too. But don't worry. If you're too nervous, then I'll do all the talking. You know how charming I am." Kyuhyun smirked and winked at her.

Shin Hye rolled her eyes at him again but this time, it was out of amusement. "Sorry for getting mad earlier."

"Don't worry about that." Kyuhyun tapped her head. "Shall we?" He said while offering a hand to her.

Shin Hye gave him a tight smile before placing her hand on his. Both she and Kyuhyun stood up from their chairs and faced their fans. The room became quiet. All eyes were suddenly on them, specifically, their eyes were on Shin Hye and Kyuhyun's intertwined hands. Following their gazes, Shin Hye looked down at their hands and immediately, she gently pulled off her hands from Kyuhyun's. Kyuhyun cleared his throat first.

"Hi!" Kyuhyun waved awkwardly. He didn't get a response from them. The fans are just looking at them like they were a weird couple. Kyuhyun looked at Shin Hye nervously. So much for him being charming.

"Annyeong haseyo." Shin Hye greeted them, trying to get a response from them. To her and Kyuhyun's surprise, they greeted her back with 'annyeong haseyo' in low voices coupled with bowing heads.

"Okay!" Kyuhyun exclaimed. He laughed awkwardly while clapping his hands. "You guys must be wondering why we called you here."

"You guys are back together, right?" A girl, which Shin Hye recognized to be her fan club's president, quipped.

Shin Hye and Kyuhyun looked at each other before answering. "Yes." They answered in chorus.

The girl nodded her head as she locked eyes with the person sitting beside her. Everyone else nodded their heads and the room is filled with collective murmurings. Shin Hye doesn't know if those murmurings are a good sign. Are they approving or are they not approving?

"So.." Kyuhyun started. The murmurings stopped and they all focused their attentions on him. "We called you here today because we wanted you to be the first to know.." He finished as he gave Shin Hye a please-help-me look.

"Ah, yes!" Shin Hye grinned. "We wanted to let you know first because, if anything bad happens we wouldn't want you guys to be shocked or upset or anything.."

"You mean if the media finds out and they reveal your relationship?" A girl asked. Kyuhyun's fan.

Shin Hye nodded her head at the girl. She doesn't look feisty or anything. She actually looks really cute and innocent. "Yes."

The two girls beside the girl who asked moved closer to her and whispered to her ears. What could they be whispering about? Thinking about it is making Shin Hye more nervous. She looked at Kyuhyun beside her. He is biting on his lower lip. He's nervous too. Kyuhyun looked at her as well. Neither of them know what to say next. Besides, they won't even be able to speak because the fans are whispering to themselves like Shin Hye and Kyuhyun aren't even in front of them. And they are too scared to interrupt their fans. After what felt like hours, the whisperings stopped and the room grew quiet. Shin Hye's fanclub president and the girl from Kyuhyun's side of the fans stood in front of all the fans. They must be the fanclubs' representatives. What happened next is something that both Kyuhyun and Shin Hye didn't expect.

"Kamsahamnida." Both girls bowed their heads at them.

Shin Hye's eyes grew wide with shock that she felt like it was going to pop out of its sockets. That certainly isn't the reaction she was expecting from them. She looked at Kyuhyun and he has the same facial expression as her.

"Really? Why?" Shin Hye and Kyuhyun asked at the same time. Not the proper response when someone thanks you.

The girls in front of them looked at them weirdly. Not soon after, they laughed and the whole room erupted with laughter. Shin Hye felt her spirits rising, her nervousness fading away. The fans are laughing now which to her means that everything is going to be alright.

"We're thankful because we can see and feel that you both really care about what we would feel." Kyuhyun's fan smiled.

"She's right. We appreciate the both of you going out of your ways to inform us so that our feelings won't get hurt." Shin Hye's fan said with much gratitude.

"And also, I'm speaking in behalf of everyone that we're just really, really thankful that Kyuhyun oppa has managed to snatch a girl like Shin Hye eonnie." Kyuhyun's fan added.

Kyuhyun raised his eyebrow at his fan. "Yah. What does that mean?" He asked, pretending to be hurt even though he's joking.

Kyuhyun's fan giggled. From the looks of it, seems like this fan is a bit close with Kyuhyun. She's probably close with the other Super Junior members as well. "What I mean is, we don't know Shin Hye eonnie in person but we heard she's a really nice person. And oppa actually changed in a good way since you two started dating. Good job, Kyuhyun oppa!" She said that last part to Kyuhyun with a thumbs-up.

"So you guys approve of her for me?" Kyuhyun asked his fan in a hopeful tone.

"Of course!" The fan replied. She and Kyuhyun did a high five.

Kyuhyun turned his gaze to Shin Hye's fan and smiled at her. "How about you, do you approve of me for your Shin Hye eonnie?" He asked giving her his most charming smile. He was obviously trying to act close with Shin Hye's fans.

Shin Hye's fan pursed her lips and looked at her. Then she looked at Kyuhyun and gave him an answer. "Well, you're a nice guy and we can see that you really care for Shin Hye eonnie. But.. We just hope you don't break her heart again. But you're good." She smiled at him.

Kyuhyun winced at the mention of him breaking Shin Hye's heart. But he smiled when the fan smiled at him. "I'm really sorry about that. But rest assured, I would never ever break Shin Hye's heart again." He smiled at Shin Hye and took her hand in his.

Shin Hye felt her insides tingling. Kyuhyun just practically declared his love for her in front of their fans. As much as she's too embarrassed to admit it, she sometimes dreams of the time where she and Kyuhyun can publicly declare their love for each other without people hating on them. And right now, that's actually what's happening. Everyone in the room, fans included, are swooning over Kyuhyun's declaration. Everyone seems to be giddy and happy at the sight in front of them. Save for those few Shin Hye fanboys who looks like they're about to cry.

"And don't worry, we would try our best in helping you hide." Kyuhyun's fan said.

Shin Hye's fan nodded her head in agreement. "Yes! And we'll take care of those nasty netizens who dares to talk bad about you both in online articles.."

Shin Hye smiled giddily. She wanted to hug these girls right then and there. But she restrained herself. They might think she's crazy if she do that. "Wow. I didn't expect you guys to be so sweet."

"Thank you so much for understanding us." Kyuhyun bowed his head. Shin Hye too bowed her head in gratitude.

The girls look at them in awe. Never in their life did they imagine two very popular people bowing to them. Their awe-struck expressions brought laughter to Shin Hye and Kyuhyun. The two fans bowed their heads to conceal their red cheeks as their oppa and eonnie chuckled at their expense.

"We're all good here?" Kyuhyun asked, addressing everyone in the room. "Everyone's okay with this? No violent reactions? No hate feelings? Speak now or forever hold your piece." He said, looking specifically at Shin Hye's fanboys. The fanboys looked at each other and nodded their heads gravely at Kyuhyun. "Yes! Thank you, boys!" He gave them a thumbs-up.

Shin Hye clapped her hands happily. "Okay. I think we're good here." She looked at her watch. That didn't even take that long.

"Hmm.. Not yet. I actually have an idea." Kyuhyun wriggled his eyebrows playfully at Shin Hye.

"What do you have in mind?" Shin Hye asked him. The fans are giving each other confused and curious looks.

"Well, I just think.. I bought all these cupcakes and there's still more.. Since we're both here and our fans are also here, maybe we could do a mini-fanmeeting?" Kyuhyun shrugged non-chalantly.

Shin Hye smiled. That was actually a good idea. She really do have a genius for a boyfriend. "Yeah. Why not? Ooh! Let's play games! Like real games and not video games!" She exclaimed.

"And the fans can ask us questions! Let's do the things that you do on your fanmeetings!" Kyuhyun exclaimed excitedly.

"You should sing!"

"And you should dance!"

He and Shin Hye did a high five for their cleverness. Seeing them being hyped up, their fans joined in and not soon after, lightsticks are being brandished out of their bags. The abandoned computer shop turned into a concert hall. 

 

~0~

 

Kyuhyun and Shin Hye walked out of the elevator happily. After their 'mini fanmeeting' where they played games, sang, danced, talked and ate with their fans, they decided to go home. And by go home, meaning go home to Shin Hye's apartment to spend time alone with each other.

"That was surprisingly fun. Your fans are really sweet and nice. I like them. " Shin Hye looked up at Kyuhyun and smiled at him.

Kyuhyun sighed. "I know. They're almost as sweet as me." He winked at her and that earned him a pinch on the cheek. "Your fans are really nice too. Except probably for the fanboys. It might take them a while to warm up to me."

"Yeah. Sorry about that." She grinned at him. "But, hey! At least it's over. We can go out on dates without feeling guitly for keeping our relationship to them."

"You know what else is awesome about it?" Kyuhyun asked.

"What?"

"Maybe, we could tell other people about us?" Kyuhyun asked carefully.

Shin Hye looked at him with uneasy eyes. "I don't know." She sighed.

"Okay maybe not like, everyone. Maybe just our mothers?" Kyuhyun wrapped an arm around Shin Hye's shoulder, pulling her closer to his side. 

Shin Hye sighed. "Hmm.. Arasso. Let's do it since you're a genius whose plans always work." She smiled at him.

Kyuhyun chuckled. "Speaking of that, you have to admit, my plan to get our fans together was great. No one fought and everyone was just really understanding."

"I know! Good thing my boyfriend is also smart aside from being good looking." Shin Hye cooed as she reached up to pinch Kyuhyun's cheeks.

Kyuhyun took it well and was really happy for his cheeks to be pinched. Little gestures like this from Shin Hye make him blush and flutter. He thought only girls experienced those heart-fluttering moments. But ever since meeting Shin Hye, he has proved to himself that guys could also get those heart-fluttering, cheeks-heating-up feeling. Now all he wantes to do is be alone with her in her apartment so that they could have their boyfriend-girlfriend time.

Shin Hye punche

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter