Chapter 35: Good bye Kiss

Hallyu Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Wooh! Finally we're both single!" Go Ara happily shouted while clapping her hands.

Shin Hye smacked her friend on her arm. "Yah! Will you please be quiet?" She hissed at Ara while looking around the coffee shop.

"Sorry! I'm just so happy!" Ara giggled. "Just think of all the blind dates that we could go to together! And you won't be too preoccupied with your phone while we're hanging out!" She squealed.

Shin Hye chuckled sarcastically. "You're being a tiny bit insensitive. You're happy that my heart is breaking." Shin Hye shook her head as she sipped her iced americano.

It has been a month since they broke up. And it has also been a month since they last saw each other that night at the bar. The day after that night at the bar, Shin Hye sat down with her family and broke the news to them. They seemed to take the news well except for one person, her eomma. Shin Hye's eomma shed a couple of tears, asking if she could still hang out with Kyuhyun's eomma despite their children breaking up. Shin Hye said yes. Just because Kyuhyun and her broke up doesn't mean that her eomma and Kyuhyun's eomma should break up, too. So every now and then, Shin Hye's eomma goes out to see Kyuhyun's eomma. And there was also another person who didn't took their break up well. Kyuhyun's noona, Cho Ahra. A few days after the break up, she called Shin Hye. She was crying on the phone that Shin Hye didn't actually understand what she was saying. Ahra was apologizing for whatever it is that Kyuhyun might have done. Shin Hye could tell that her family misses Kyuhyun. And she misses Kyuhyun so much, too. She's just thankful that she's too preoccupied with her work that Kyuhyun doesn't cross her mind sometimes at all. It still hurts. But not as much as how it was the first few days after. For a couple of days after the break up, Shin Hye was like a zombie. She wasn't eating much and was always spacing off. She found Kyuhyun's jacket that he lent her when they were still together and wore it for a whole week. She only removed it when Kyuhyun's smell faded from it. But because of this, Shin Hye now believed that it's probably true that time can heal all wounds. Although her wound hasn't completely healed, she is sure that in time, it would be healed.

"Oh yeah sorry. I forgot." Ara grinned at her. She took a sip of her iced chocolate while smiling sweetly at Shin Hye. "So, what are you going to do now?" She asked as she placed her cup down the table.

Shin Hye pursed her lips and shrugged her shoulders. "Hmm. I don't know. Try and get over him, I guess." She said.

Ara clapped her hands once. "I know! I know! I am going to set you up with this guy--"

"Woah stop, Ara-ah. No, you are not setting me up with a guy!" Shin Hye stopped her friend whose eyes were twinkling and wandering already. "The last time you tried to set me up with a guy, that guy turned out to be my boyfriend already, remember?" She said, narrowing her eye at her friend.

"Oh right! That thing happened! That was embarassing. If you diddn't kept that relationship from me then I wouldn't have felt the need to introduce you to Kyuhyun." Ara shook her head while pouting. 

"Uhm, let's not talk about that." Shin Hye said. Her heart might not hurt that much anymore but any mention of Kyuhyun's name is making heart drop and race rapidly.

"Okay. Yeah. Sorry." Ara smiled sweetly at her. "Anyway, this guy that I'm talking about, he's awesome. Not like Kyu--" Ara paused and looked at Shin Hye guiltily. "Not like your ex boyfriend, I mean." She chuckled.

Shin Hye narrowed her eye at Ara and sighed. "I told you, no. I'm so done with boys. I'm done with love. I am never falling in love again. Ever." Shin Hye proclaimed.

Ara was nodding her head. "Ah. You know what, those words sound familiar. Almost like I've heard it before. From you." She said playfully while wagging a finger to Shin Hye.

"Nope. This time I mean it. Really. You're free to smack me hard in the head if I ever fall in love again." Shin Hye said determinedly.

"Arasso arasso, Shin Hye-ah. Challenge accepted. I would really smack you in the head, okay?" Ara said while flexing her fingers. "It's just too bad. This guy that I want to introduce to you is so handsome! Like, hot handsome! He is really adorable! And he has this perfect set of abs!" Ara said while gesturing to her abdomen.

Shin Hye shook her head while sipping her iced americano. She placed it on the table and wiped with a tissue. "No, thank you. And also, guys with abs and muscles aren't my type."

"That's explains why you only dated lanky looking guys." Ara singsonged quietly while she was checking her phone.

"Yah! I heard that!" Shin Hye said as she threw a crumpled tissue to her friend.

Ara stuck her tongue out to her. "I totally meant for you to hear it!"

Shin Hye pouted. "And that's not true! My ex boyfriends are all good looking!" She exclaimed.

"Yeah, sweetie, no. Kyuhyun's not that good looking. He smiles in this really creepy way, like he's creeped out with something." Ara said. She then imitated the way Kyuhyun smiles.

Shin Hye gasped. "Ani! For your information, Kyuhyun's awkward smile is very adorable! See!" She said as she took out her phone and showed Ara her phone's screen. Her wallpaper was one of Kyuhyun's selca taken in her phone. He was smiling his cute, awkward smile.

Ara, who was drinking her iced chocolate, spitted some of it out. "Yah! Are you crazy?" She shouted.

"Huh? Ani. Wae?" Shin Hye asked innocently.

"I thought you're trying to get over him?" Ara asked incredulously.

Shin Hye nodded her head while smiling. "Yep. I am."

Ara rolled her eyes at her friend. "Then why do you still have his face as your phone's wallpaper?"

"Because... I don't know." Shin Hye's voice faded. She lowered her head and scratched it.

"Should I just go ahead and smack you in the head right now?" Ara said as she stood up from her chair and lifted her palm threatening to hit Shin Hye's head.

Shin Hye closed her eyes, bracing for impact. "Ani! Ani! Please don't!" She begged. She knew how much Ara's slaps hurt whether it was playful or not. "Please reserve the smacking of my head for when I actually fall in love again! Please?" She pleaded. She opened her eyes when she heard Ara's chair scraping. She was looking at Shin Hye intently.

"How are you going to fall in love again if you still haven't fallen out of love yet?" Ara asked through gritted teeth.

"I know. I'm trying my best. And it's only been a month." Shin Hye said in a small voice.

Ara sighed while shaking her head. "Okay. That's it. You and I are going out tomorrorw night."

"But--"

"No buts, Park Shin Hye." Ara said, not letting Shin Hye finish what she was saying. "You need to get wasted! Have you gotten wasted yet after the break up? Like really drunk wasted where you can't remember anything the day after but have a really really bad hangover?" Ara asked in a very concerned tone.

Shin Hye blinked her eyes several times more than what is normal. "Uhm, no. Not yet."

Ara nodded her head. "Good. Then that's what we will be doing tomorrow night. Being wasted is what you really need right now." She said in a sympathetic tone as she stood up from her chair.

"Really? That's what I need?" Shin Hye asked, watching her friend gather her things. "Are you leaving?" 

"Yes, that's exactly what you need. And yes, I need to leave now. Need to go meet my manager at SM Ent." Ara said. She walked over to Shin Hye and hugged her. "How about you? Not yet going home?"

Shin Hye shook her head. "Ani. Maybe I'll hang out here for a bit."

Ara patted her head. "Arasso. Oh by the way, if I see Kyuhyun at our company's building, what do you want me to do? Do you want me to slap him, or pull his hair out or punch him in the throat?"

Shin Hye laughed. "Nothing! Just go!" She giggled while pushing Ara away from her playfully.

Ara laughed too. "Okay! I'll text you the details later about our date tomorrow night! And change your phone's wallpaper!" She said. She blew a kiss out to Shin Hye and turned to walk.

"I'll try!" Shin Hye called out to her friend.

Ara turned around. "Don't just try! Do it!" She called back.

Shin Hye laughed while shaking her head. She watched Go Ara walked out of the coffee shop's door. She turned to the table and sighed. She sipped her iced americano. She picked up her phone and turned it on. When it lit up, Kyuhyun's smiling face seemed to welcome her. This talk she had with Ara made her realize that she really needed to do something about her feelings. She thought she was doing fine. That she was already moving on. But hearing her friend mock Kyuhyun made her somewhat  feel irritated. She felt that she needed to defend Kyuhyun. But Ara was right. If she really was trying no move on, then why still have Kyuhyun as her wallpaper? Actually, Shin Hye tried to erase every picture of Kyuhyun in her phone but she wasn't able to do it. She also tried to put away all the stuff that Kyuhyun had given her to burn it but she can't do it. Shin Hye sighed again. Her thoughts were interrupted when her stomach grumbled. She hasn't eaten anything for the day yet except for the iced americano which she just finished. She stood up and decided to order another cup of iced americano and decided to add in a slice of blueberry cheesecake and a chocolate chip muffin.

Shin Hye grabbed her things and went to the counter. She went in line behind a tall guy with broad shoulders and was wearing a baseball cap. Underneath the cap, she could see his brown hair which looked like it hadn't been combed for days. From where she was standing, she could smell the guy. Despite having a messy hair concealed with a baseball cap, he surprisingly smelled good. He was using the same cologne that Kyuhyun uses. If Shin Hye didn't know any better, she'd think that the guy was Kyuhyun. But the guy seems like he's taller than Kyuhyun by a couple of centimeters. And the guy seemed to have a well built body. The guy was taking too long to order. He seemed to be ordering for a group of five people. Shin Hye waited in line patiently despite her stomach grumbling. Finally, he paid the cashier and made his way to the other counter where the orders are to be picked up, his back still to Shin Hye. Shin Hye moved forward and saw the girl behind the counter blushing and her eyes were twinkling.

"Uhm, can I please get a--"

"Omo! Look who it is!"

Shin Hye turned to the direction from where the voice came from. Her eyes grew wide when she saw who just called her attention. It was the tall guy. Turns out, she knows who he is, after all. No wonder he uses the same cologne as Kyuhyun's.

"Annyeong Hasseyo." Shim Changmin bowed down to her.

"A-a-annyeong Hasseyo." Shin Hye greeted him back. She was too stunned to bow hear head down. 

Changmin walked towards her. "Wow. You're here!" He exclaimed.

Behind him, his orders came. Shin Hye's eyes grew wide when she saw two cups of frappuccino on Changmin's tray. She turned around, trying to spot a bob of head with messy, uncombed, tangled, brown hair but she didn't saw any. She and Changmin seemed to be the only customers at the coffeeshop at this hour. Shin Hye turned around when she felt someone tapping her shoulders.

"Don't worry. He's not here." Changmin grinned at her. 

Shin Hye let out the breath that she didn't knew she was holding. She looked up at Changmin's grinning face. His grin looked almost the same as Kyuhyun's. Awkward and adorable. "Oh. Is that so?" Shin Hye muttered.

"Was that a sigh of relief or disappointment?" Changmin asked in a teasing tone. "I'm totally kidding. You don't have to answer that. That was a very silly question." He chuckled.

Shin Hye smiled at him. "That's okay."

Changmin smiled back to her. "Are you alone?"

"I am now. I was with Go Ara earlier." Shin Hye said.

"Oh yeah! You guys are friends! I saw her on my way here, actually." Changmin said in a tone like they are the closest of friends. "Uhm, do you mind if I sit with you?" He added.

Shin Hye looked back behind him at his tray which now has five different kinds of pastries aside from the frappuccinos. "Uhm, wouldn't your friends mind?" She asked him back.

Changmin furrowed his brows. "Friends? But I'm here alone."

Shin Hye furrowed her brows as well. She looked back at Changmin's tray and his food.

Changmin looked at his back to his tray, too. "Oh the food!" He laughed. "Yeah, I always eat like I'm eating for two people. Sorry about that." He lowered his head and scratched it.

His tray of food doesn't look like his eating for two people but instead, it looked like he was eating for five people. Shin Hye smiled at him. "Hmm. Okay, sure. Maybe we can sit together."

Changmin clapped his hands while smiling. "High five!" He said as he raised his palms up. 

Shin Hye hesitantly raised hers and exchanged a high five with him while smiling awkwardly.

"Oh, wait. Were you going to order? Go on. My treat." Changmin said.

"Oh. No. It's okay. You don't need to pay for my food."

"No, no. I insist. Come on! It's okay." Changmin smiled at her again.

"Uhm, well, okay. If you insist." Shin Hye said. She suddenly felt embarassed to order two types of food but she was too hungry already. She turned to the girl behind the counter. The girl had opened, her eyes wide. She was probably too amazed to see two of the most popular korean celebrities talking in front of her. "Uhm, excuse me. May I please get a slice of blueberry cheesecake, a chocolate chip muffin and an iced americano?" The girl behind the counter nodded her head, still slightly opened.

"Blueberry cheesecake, chocolate chip muffin, iced americano!" Changmin repeated while slightly jumping up and down in his place. He took out his card and gave it to the girl. After the paying process, the girl hesitantly gave Changmin's card back to him. "Can you please just bring those to our table? Kamsahamnida!"

Shin Hye gasped when Changmin suddenly grabbed her wrist and pulled her. "Kaja!"

 

~0~

 

Shin Hye shifted awkwardly in her seat while watching Changmin eat. It's not surprising to her now how Kyuhyun and Changmin became best of friends. Their love for food must have brought them together. Shin Hye's order hasn't even came and yet, Changmin had almost finished his first frappuccino. Sensing her stare, Changmin stopped eating and smiled at Shin Hye.

"I'm sorry. How embarassing for a lady like you to see me eat like this." He laughed awkwardly.

Shin Hye shook her head. "Ani. I'm used to it."

"Oh, yeah. Right." Changmin nodded his head.

Shin Hye's food arrived. She thanked the waiter and started eating her food daintily. She normally eats the way Kyuhyun and Changmin eats. Probably the reason why she and Kyuhyun went so well together. She could see Changmin watching her from the corner of her eyes. She didn't look at him and just focused on her food.

Changmin sat back on his chair and cleared his throat. "So, would you answer me if I asked you something?" He asked.

Shin Hye swallowed her food and sipped her iced americano. "Uhm, maybe? Depends on your question."

Changmin nodded his head. "Okay. Then I'll start with an easy one. How are you?"

"I'm okay. I'm doing good. I'm--"

"I meant, with the whole breaking up thing. How are you?" Changmin interrupted her answer. "If it's okay for me to ask something like that." He added in a sheepish tone with a sheepish smile.

"Oh. Well.." Shin Hye started. "You know how break ups go. Break ups are heard."

"Yeah. I'm really sorry. In behalf of him." Changmin said as he resumed eating. "That guy's a jerk." 

"Yeah he is." Shin Hye smiled a little.

"I was shocked when he told me how you guys broke up. Or rather, how he broke up with you. Really. I totally didn't excpected for that to happen. I mean, the two of you were just adorable together. You're kind of perfect for each other. You know." Changmin said in just one breather. "Oh, sorry. I shouldn't have said those stuff. How insensitive of me." He grinned.

But Shin Hye wasn't really listening. Ever since she laid eyes on Changmin, there was this one question that was playing in the back of her head. It was rolling on the edge of her tongue dying to be asked. She looked down at her food and picked the fresh blueberries off of her blueberry cheesecake. "You talk to him a lot?" She asked.

"Yeah, we do. We talk more now that you guys have broken up. I guessed because he spent so much time talking to you before that now that you guys are over, he's back to talking to me." Changmin laughed then stopped. "Oh geez, sorry. I shouldn't have said that. Again."

Shin Hye inhaled deeply, finally deciding to just go and ask. "How is he?" She asked, looking only at her cheesecake and not at Changmin. "Kyuhyun, I mean."

Changmin became quiet. It seemed like he was contemplating how to answer. "Uhm, he's okay. Busy as ever. Going here, going there for their group's concert." He laughed awkwardly. "Did you know that they have a world tour?"

Shin Hye finally looked up to smile at Changmin. "Yes. I knew about it long before." She said while nodding her head.

"Well, he's doing good. He's doing really good. I think, and this is just my observation so I hope you don't really take my word for it.." Changmin said in a very fast pace. He breathed deeply before talking again. "I think he has moved on. You know, from you. Because I think, he doesn't think about you that much anymore. Also, I think, he began dating other girls again." Changmin added. He said the last sentence in a very quiet voice.

Shin Hye was about to take a bite of her cheesecake but stopped halfway. She placed her fork back on the plate causing it to clatter. "Excuse me? What did you just say? I didn't think I heard you right?" She asked while smiling.

"Ottoke?" Changmin muttered to himself. He took a sip of his frappuccino while fanning his face. He placed it on the table and gulped. "Uhm, I said, I think he began dating? Other girls?" He said but it sounded like a question.

Shin Hye laughed. "Of course! Of course! That's exactly what he should be doing, right?"

Changmin scratched his head. "Uhm, yeah? I think so? Are you okay?" He asked.

Shin Hye was sipping her drink. She finished it unknowingly. She was fanning herself with her hands. "Yes. Of course I am okay. Why wouldn't I be?"

Changmin awkwardly cleared his throat. "Uhm, because your face is all red. And you--"

"I mean, it's about time that he does." She laughed. "That's really the right thing to do. Because it's been a month already. I'm sure he's moved on. Right?" She asked Changmin and he only nodded his head. "I mean, don't get me wrong. I only asked about him because I felt obliged to. Because he's your friend and we dated so, you see the connection there, right?"

"Yes, yes! Totally! I totally understand!" Changmin agreed with her while nodding his head.

Shin Hye laughed while clapping the table with her hand. "Right? And also, I've moved on, too. I've been going on a lot of blind dates with Go Ara. Because she's my friend. And, it has been a month already. So, why not, right?"

"Yes. Right, right." Changmin agreed again.

"It has been a month. A month since we broke up." Shin Hye said. She was clenching her fists on the table. She scoffed. "It's only been a month. I bet that jerk has been dying to date others while he was still with me. Ugh, that little jerk!" She muttered.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter