Chapter 34: Evanesce

Hallyu Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shin Hye didn't know what was currently happening. But she felt people around her. She felt being dragged by a couple of men through a crowd and into her van. But she do remembered to smile and wave at her fans. She was genuinely happy to see so many of her fans waiting for her at the airport. She was so happy that she almost cried and hugged them one by one and tell them how she was feeling right now. She was feeling light headed. She looked around her. She was inside her van, off to somewhere she doesn't know. Beside her, she saw her manager looking at her while moving his lips. Shin Hye guessed that he was probably talking. She furrowed her brows, wondering why she can't hear anything. She looked outside the windows. There were buildings. Blurry buildings. Lots of them. She cocked her head to the side, wondering how she came to this place.

"Yah! Are you even listening to me?!" 

Shin Hye jumped in her seat when she felt someone slapped her arm. She snapped her head back and saw Manager Joon glaring hard at her. "What?" Shin Hye croaked out. felt closed up for not talking for hours. 

Manager Joon shook his head disapprovingly. "I said the CEO gave you a few days off." He said through gritted teeth. "And what the hell is wrong with you?"

Shin Hye's stylist unnie, who was seated at the front, turned her head to look at her. "Yes, Shin Hye-ah. Are you okay? You've been out of it since last night. You didn't even celebrate your very successful fanmeeting with us. Are you feeling okay? Or are you just too tired?" She said in a very worried voice. 

Shin Hye blinked her eyes. She looked at her manager who had one of his eyebrow raised at her, then to her stylist who was looking at her with concerned eyes. Shin Hye nodded her head. "Yeah. I'm fine. Just.. Didn't get any sleep last night."

"Didn't get any sleep? I brought you back to the hotel immediately after your fanmeeting last night." Manager Joon exclaimed.

Shin Hye's stylist gasped from the front seat. "Wae? Why didn't you get any sleep?" She cried out.

Shin Hye shook her head. "Nothing. Just thinking about some stuff." She gave them a tight smile before looking out of the windows again.

She was still processing the events of last night in her head. She still hasn't told anyone about it. She wasn't sure if she just imagined it or if it actually happened. She was up all night, thinking about it. Thinking about Kyuhyun breaking up with her. Did her mind just made that up? Because she can't remember Kyuhyun say any reason why would he break up with her. Shouldn't you give a reason as to why you are breaking up with someone? Kyuhyun didn't say anything. She was clenching her phone tight in her hands. As soon as the plane landed from Japan, she immediately turned her phone on thinking maybe he would still call. Maybe he would still explain. She looked at her phone. There was nothing. Not a call. Not even a text. Shin Hye sighed. This was probably it. They really are broken up. She gasped when she heard a car door slamming.

"God, Park Shin Hye. Seriously. Please use your days off to sleep, arasso?" Manager Joon told her before getting out of the van.

Shin Hye looked out the window and was surprised to see that they have arrived at her house. She was dazed for so long that she didn't even notice that they have already arrived. Manager Joon opened her door for her. "Oppa, I need to tell you something." Shin Hye said. She figured she should tell her manager now.

Manager Joon shook his head. "Whatever it is I'm sure it can wait. Get some sleep first before telling me." He said while assisting Shin Hye in climbing out of the van.

"But, oppa--" Shin Hye protested but was cut off.

"No buts, Shin Hye-ah. Come on. Let's go inside. I'm sure your whole family is waiting for you." Manager Joon said as he led Shin Hye inside her own house.

Shin Hye shook her head. "Aniya. My appa's probably at work. And Shin Won oppa is probably with his bandmates." She said.

"Arasso. Then your eomma is waiting for you." He said as he opened the door. "Oh and your dogs, too."

But Shin Hye was wrong. As soon as their front door opened, she was swarmed with hugs. She was being passed on from her eomma to her appa. Behind her parents, she saw her older brother smiling at her and waving awkwardly.

"Aigoo! Uri ddal! You're back!" Shin Hye's eomma happily exclaimed.

"Eomoni, your daughter has been given a few days off. Please make sure that she gets plenty of sleep." Manager Joon politely said. 

Shin Hye's eomma eagerly nodded her head. "Of course, I will. Thank you, Manager Joon." She said kindly.

"Deh. I'll go ahead then." He waved good bye to the whole family before going out.

"So, I heard it was a success." Shin Hye's appa proudly said as soon as they heard Shin Hye's van drove away.

Shin Hye blinked her eyes at her appa. "A success? What is?" She asked innocently.

"Uhm, your fanmeeting. Duh? You really do need to get some sleep." Shin Won, her oppa, said in a brotherly teasing tone.

Shin Hye's eomma hit him in the arm. "Yah! You!" She discreetly reprimanded him. To Shin Hye, she smiled sweetly. "Does my sweet daughter want to eat something? Tell me so that eomma can cook it." She sweetly said while rubbing her back.

"Nothing, eomma. I'm not really hungry." Shin Hye smiled at her eomma.

Shin Hye's appa placed his arm around her shoulders. "Do you want to watch some movies with me and your oppa?" He asked his daughter kindly.

"Yeah! I'll make popcorn!" Shin Won exclaimed.

Shin Hye shook her head. "Actually, I'm a little tired. I think I should go up to my room." Shin Hye said while walking to  the direction of the stairs. She is loving the extra attention that her family is giving her but she just can't have it right now. She is physically, mentally and emotionally tired from everything that has happened.

"Arasso, arasso. Of course. Go ahead. If you got hungry, just tell eomma so that I can cook food for you." Her eomma said.

"Deh, eomma. Komawo." Shin Hye smiled at her eomma.

Shin Hye's eomma enveloped her in a tight hug. "Of course. Anything for you. Aigoo, my daughter." She said while rubbing Shin Hye's back and arms.

Shin Hye's appa stepped in and hugged her as well. "If you want to do anything to relax, just tell appa arasso?" 

"Deh, appa. I will." Shin Hye said. Her appa released her from the hug and patted her on the top of her head. "Aigoo, my princess." He muttered.

Shin Hye awkwardly chuckled at them. "Okay. I'm going up now." She said as she started climbing up the stairs. She could hear her parents saying their good nights to her. Telling her to have sweet dreams and have a good night's sleep. Halfway up the stairs, Shin Hye stopped moving when she heard her oppa's voice.

"Shin Hye-ah, when you get bored you can come to my room and play games with me. There's this new game that Kyuhyun recommended me and it is so fun and I'm sure you'll like it a lot." He said happily.

Shin Hye stopped in her tracks and turned to face her oppa who was at the bottom of the stairs. "What did you just say?" She asked her oppa.

Shin Won pursed his lips. He turned to look at his parents before looking at Shin Hye. "I said let's play some games when you regained your energy back." He grinned.

Shin Hye nodded her head. "Oh. Okay." She smiled before making her way upstairs to her bedroom.

She closed her bedroom door gently and looked around her room. Her eomma had probably cleaned her room. Before she left for Japan, there were clothes all over the room but now, her room was sparkly clean. She made her way to her bed. Sitting on the middle of her bed was the huge Rilakkuma Bear stuffed toy that Kyuhyun gave her. He gave it to her when they first started dating and said that it was the biggest one from the store. He even joked that he almost bought the bear it's own airline ticket. Shin Hye sighed. She laid down on her bed and hugged the bear. It still smells like Kyuhyun. Whenever Kyuhyun came to visit her, she would secretly steal his cologne from his bagpack and spray it on the bear so that it would smell like him. And whenever he's out of the country for a concert and she would miss him, she would cuddle the bear and just smell it until Kyuhyyn's scent went away. Shin Hye couldn't take it anymore. She needed to talk. She stood up from her bed, grabbed her phone and dialled a number. She waited. After five rings, someone finally answered.

"Hi." Shin Hye said on the phone. "I just came back. Can we meet? We need to talk." Shin Hye said.

She waited again and when the person on the other line agreed to meet, she ended the call and prepared to go outside. She grabbed her keys from her bedside table. While doing so, she caught a glimpse of her left hand. On her ring finger was the ring that Kyuhyun gave her. She sighed and shook her head. There was no point in wearing it anymore. She slid it off her finger, opened one of the bedside drawers and placed it in there before heading out of her room.

 

~0~

 

Shin Hye was greeted by loud music and people dancing around while drinking once she entered the bar. And not just ordinary people but some of her colleagues were there. Some sunbae and hoobae artists were partying at this bar. She was given specific directions to head to this place by the person that she would be meeting. A noisy bar full of people they know who might hear surely isn't the ideal place to talk but she was desperate. Shin Hye badly needed to talk about this. She craned her neck to look for him and saw him seated at one of the tables at the far end of the bar. She puffed air out of before braving her way through the crowd. Some of the hoobae artists who recognized her politely smiled and bowed their heads at her. Shin Hye smiled back at them, wishing that she had put makeup on her face to hide the dark circles under her eyes. When she reached his table, she tapped him hard on his shoulder.

"Oh! Shin Hye-ah! You're here!" Hongki shouted through the loud music. He furrowed his brows while eyeing Shin Hye's face. "Wow. You look like a panda! When's the last time that you slept?" He asked while poking Shin Hye's cheeks.

Shin Hye swatted Hongki's hand away from her face. "I need to tell you something! Can we move to a quieter place?" Shin Hye shouted. She could barely hear her own voice.

"But I just came here! It's fun here. Come on, take a seat!" Hongki exclaimed while tapping the seat next to him.

Shin Hye stomped her feet. "But this is important! Hongki-ah! Please?" She pleaded with Hongki. Just then, a tall guy sat on the seat in front  of Hongki holding two tall glasses of beer. Their eyes locked and they both froze in their places. "Oh." Shin Hye muttered.

"See? I told you it's fun here! Sit down, please." Hongki said. But Shin Hye remained standing in her spot. Hongki took matters into his own hands and dragged Shin Hye down on the chair beside him.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know you'd be coming. Hongki didn't say anything. I could leave if you want." Jang Geun Suk said.

"That's nonsense! No one's leaving! We're going to have fun!" Hongki exclaimed while clapping his hands. "Now all that's missing is that punk Yonghwa. Wait and I'll call him." he said while taking his phone out.

While waiting for Hongki to finish with his phone call, Geun Suk smiled awkwardly at Shin Hye and pushed the glass of beer in front of her. "Oh no. It's okay. That's yours. I can get my own." Shin Hye said while pushing the glass back to Geun Suk.

"No. It's okay. You can have it. I'll just get another glass." Geun Suk chuckled while pushing the glass back to Shin Hye. "And you wouldn't want to go in the bar. It's like a jungle in there with monkeys asking for drinks." He laughed.

Shin Hye awkardly chuckled. "Arasso. Thanks." She muttered. She lifted the glass up and drank from it. While doing so, she could feel Geun Suk's eyes on her.

Thankfully, Hongki ended the phone call with a scowl. "He's not answering his phone." He said as he took one of the glasses and drank from it.

Shin Hye cleared before talking. "He's probably busy. You know that guy."

Geun Suk laughed nervously. "Yes. Right. You know Yonghwa. Always busy." He said in an awkward manner.

"I can't take this anymore!" Hongki said while slamming his fists on the table. This made Shin Hye jump on her chair and made the people around them look at their table. "This awkward atmosphere is killing me! Seriously, when did the two of you stopped talking to each other?" He said while looking at the two.

Geun Suk shook his head disapprovingly and muttered something under his breath. Shin Hye took the beer and drank from it.

Hongki lightly flicked Shin Hye's arm. "Did that annoying boyfriend of yours made you stop talking to Geun Suk hyung?" 

Shin Hye stopped drinking and banged the glass down at the table at the mention of the word 'boyfriend'. She sighed and lowered her head to look at her lap. 

"Shin Hye-ah. We can't break this group, this friendship just because of that guy." Hongki told her.

Geun Suk stood up from his chair and hit Hongki hard on the head. "Yah! Shut up! It's my fault, not theirs!" He told Hongki through gritted teeth.

"I know, I know. But--" Hongki said but was interrupted when Geun Suk smacked him on the head again.

"If you know then shut up." He said. "Uhm, Shin Hye-ah. I really am sorry. About what happened before. Really." Geun Suk turned to her and apologized.

Shin Hye looked up and saw Geun Suk looking at him with kind eyes. She shook her head. "Ani. It's okay. It's all in the past. Let's just forget about it now. Arasso?"

"You're right. It's all in the past." Geun Suk smiled at her. "But really, I'm sorry--"

"Oppa!" Shin Hye interrupted him. "You've apologized to me plenty of times. Say sorry one more time and I'll get mad at you for real."

Geun Suk sighed in relief. "Fine. I'll stop saying sorry. But you called me 'oppa' again. Does this mean we can go back to being friends?" He asked in a teasing tone.

Shin Hye smiled at him. At that moment, she felt really sorry to her friends whom she stopped hanging out with because she had a boyfriend. Shin Hye nodded her head at him while giggling.

"Yes! Assa! Finally! Too bad Yonghwa's missing this! Just one mention of Shin Hye's name and I'm sure he'll come flying here." Hongki finally exclaimed. "See here. I'll just text him Park Shin Hye's name and he would surely reply." He said while texting Yonghwa. 

Shin Hye hit Hongki on his arm. "Yah! Don't do that!" She shouted.

"Arasso! Arasso!" Hongki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter