Chapter 40: Bingo

Hallyu Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hi!" Shin Hye giddily greeted her friend as she opened the door to her apartment.

"Uhm, hi?" Go Ara greeted back in a confused tone. Her friend was acting way too giddy.

"Come in, come in!" Shin Hye pulled Ara inside. She poked her head out the door and looked from left to right before closing it.

"Why did you call me here? Is everything okay?" Ara asked as she let Shin Hye drag her to the living room.

Shin Hye pushed Ara to the couch and proceeded to seat on the other couch in front of her friend. "Well, you know.. Just.. You haven't seen my new apartment, right? So, here! It's nice, right? It was a gift from the company. Joon oppa chose it. But my parents bought all the furnitures. Also, I called you here because I figured we could go to my parents' restaurant's opening party later tonight. You know, because you're my friend. And I kind of need the support." She grinned at her friend.

"Shin Hye-ah, I told you I won't be able to come because of prior commitments. Although I really want to come because you said there's going to be free food. I'm sorry." Ara sadly said.

"You told me? When?" Shin Hye asked.

"Uhm, the other night when you messaged me." Ara said slowly with an arched brow.

"Oh! Yeah! Right!" Shin Hye exclaimed as she clasped her hands together. "Well, that's too bad. Maybe next time you could come." She added as she nervously laughed.

Ara narrowed her eyes at Shin Hye. "Seriously, are you okay? You were babbling earlier. What happened?" She asked curiously.

"Huh?" Shin Hye said, feigning ignorance. She picked up a plate on the table and offered it to Ara. "Cookie?"

Ara reached out and took a cookie from the plate, her eyes not leaving Shin Hye's. "I really think something happened." She said in a curious voice.

Shin Hye laughed nervously. "What? You're funny. I just.. I thought.. I thought we would be going to my parents' restaurant's opening party together. So.." She laughed nervously again.

"Arasso." Ara said as she took a bite of the cookie. She looked around the living room while nodding her head approvingly. "You're apartment looks nice. It seems very cozy. And your furnitures look expensive. The couch is very soft. And your TV is really big! Almost like we're in a movie--"

"Kyuhyun and I kissed!" Shin Hye blurted out. She closed her eyes while waiting for what Ara has to say. After what felt like minutes, she opened her eyes again.

Ara was looking at her like she said something in a different language. A language that is not understandable. "What?" She asked incredulously.

"Kyuhyun and I kissed." Shin Hye repeated in a low voice.

Ara uncrossed her legs and inched her body forward. "Again, what?"

"I said Kyuhyun and I kissed!" Shin Hye half yelled.

Ara leaned back on the couch and crossed her arms. "Heol. Daebak. When did this happen? And how come you guys got into a position where you are physically close enough to kiss? And what happened to moving on from him?" Ara bombarded her with questions.

"It's a long story." Shin Hye mumbled.

Ara looked at her watch. "I've got time. Go on. Spill."

Not having a choice, Shin Hye decided to tell Ara what happened. Everything. From the dinner up to the talk then to the bumping into each other, literally, which lead to the kiss.

After finishing the story, Ara was nodding her head. It seemed like she was absorbing all the information that Shin Hye gave her. She was looking at Shin Hye very intently.

"Please say something." Shin Hye pleaded as minutes has passed and Ara still hasn't said anything.

Ara shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know what to say. Except for, ARE YOU CRAZY?!" She practically screamed.

"I know! I think I am crazy! Ottoke?" Shin Hye whimpered while covering her face in embarassment.

"Yeah, I think you are! Because who in her right mind would make out with the guy who broke her heart? Aigoo, Shin Hye-ah. Aigoo." Ara shook her head disapprovingly like a mom would.

"We didn't made out! We just kissed! That's different!" Shin Hye reasoned out.

Ara smirked at her. "Oh yeah? Let's see. How long did you guys kiss?"

"I don't know. Why would I keep track of--"

"Was it long enough for the two of you to be out of breath after?"

"Yeah. I think so."

"Was he touching you while you were kissing?"

"Yes?"

"Were you touching him?"

"Yeah. But what else will I do!"

"Was there tongue action?"

"YAH!" Shin Hye shouted.

Ara clasped her hands together. "You're shouting! Raising your voice is a sign of defense! So there was some tongue involved!"

"What rule was that? Who said that?" Shin Hye asked. She was obviously avoiding to answer the question.

"I did. Wae? Was there tongue involved, yes or no?" Ara repeated the question. She won't stop until she gets an answer.

"No, there was no tongue involved! Geez!" Shin Hye exclaimed. She could feel her cheeks burning.

"Arasso. No need to be so defensive." Ara said. She was smiling and her eyes were twinkling. Her expression turned serious. "Shin Hye-ah, what was that? What's happening?" She asked in a gentle voice.

Shin Hye shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know either. Why would I do that? What is happening to me? I'm going crazy!" She whimpered as she stomped her feet on the floor.

"That guy is driving you crazy." Ara declared.

Shin Hye sighed dejectedly. "He is." She admitted. If Kyuhyun drove her crazy while they were still together, then he drove her crazier now that they have broken up. "What should I do?"

"I'm just curious, how awesome and good Kyuhyun is as a boyfriend that you are having such a hard time to move on from him?" Ara asked as she picked a cookie up and bit it. "I mean, when I see him at our company's building, he doesn't strike me as the sweet boyfriend type of guy. He always has this sleepy look on him that makes him look like a looser." She added while chewing on her cookie.

"He's not a looser! He's just really always tired and sleepy!" Shin Hye defended Kyuhyun. "And to answer your question, he was a pretty awesome boyfriend. He's really sweet although he's the jealous type. He's like a dad, an older brother, a friend and a boyfriend all rolled into one person. He understood me. He's really caring. He always sends me flowers or food when I was filming dramas. He never failed to call me every night even though he was dead tired just so he could hear my voice. He's sweet like that." Shin Hye had a far away look on her face and a hint of a smile on her lips.

"Oh, gee. How sweet." Ara rolled her eyes. Her voice was thick with sarcasm.

"What?" Shin Hye asked her friend. The sarcasm was not lost on her.

"I just don't like the guy for you." Ara shrugged.

"If you don't like him for me, then why would you try to set me up with him before?" Shin Hye quipped as she remembered the time where she went to a party with Ara and Ara tried to set her and Kyuhyun up.

"Well, that was before I knew that the two of you are actually dating. The moment you told me, I automatically hated him for you." Ara exclaimed and defended herself. Beside the plate of cookies on the table, there was a glass of milk. She took a sip before continuing on. "Also, I mainly did that to get him off my back. He was too annoying. Always asking me about you when he was already in a secret relationship with you."

"Fine. If you say so." Shin Hye smirked at het friend. She sighed sadly. "Keunde, there's one other thing." She said in a tiny voice.

Ara slammed her glass of milk on the table. "Geez, what happened aside from the two of you making out?!"

"Nothing! Just.. I invited the Super Junior oppas for the party later." Shin Hye meekly said.

"All of them?" Ara asked and Shin Hye nodded her head meekly. "Aigoo, Shin Hye-ah. What to do with you?"

"If I invite all the oppas and not him, wouldn't I be too obvious? So I just sent an invite to all of them." Shin Hye reasoned out.

"Well, I just hope your ex-boyfriend would have the decency to not show up at the party." Ara said while looking at her watch.

"But what if he does? What am I going to do? Ara-yah!" Shin Hye whimpered.

"So what if he does! Just act normal around him! Show him that the kiss didn't matter to you!" Ara exclaimed.

"Come with me!" Shin Hye whimpered. She made aegyo faces to convince her friend.

Ara sighed. "I really can't cancel this meeting, Shin Hye-ah. In fact, I should get going now. Believe me, I really want to go and watch how you act like a babo in front of Kyuhyun."

Shin Hye pouted. "Arasso." She frowned.

"Don't worry. I'd still make sure you won't act like a lunatic in front of your beloved ex-boyfriend." Ara winked at her.

"How?" Shin Hye asked, still pouting.

"Just trust me." Ara said with a mischievous glint in her eyes.

 

 

~0~

 

 

The party was going so well. The restaurant was already close for the day but the party was still going on. There were only a few people who came. Some are Shin Hye's closest, non-celebrity friends and most were her closest celebrity friends. Shin Hye also invited her new drama co-stars. But only one came since most are still too young to stay up late. At one corner of the room, Shin Hye sat alone. From where she was sitting, she could see the whole place. And it looks like everyone was having fun. Shin Hye fidgeted. They're not yet here. Super Junior hasn't came yet. That's good. Maybe they decided not to to come after all. And as if on cue, the door opened and in they came. Shin Hye held her breath as they entered one by one. First was Kangin, then Shindong. They were followed by Donghae and Eunhyuk who were walking beside each other. The last who came was Ryeowook who was busy with his phone. Shin Hye waited but no one else entered. No Kyuhyun. Shin Hye let out a sigh. But was it a sigh of relief it disappointment? She wasn't sure.

She stood up from where she was sitting and cautiously made her way to them. "Oppadeul!" Shin Hye happily exclaimed as she got to their backs.

The boys turned around and smiled when they saw who it was. "Shin Hye-ah!" They all happily exclaimed. They went around Shin Hye and enveloped her into a group hug.

"You guys came!" Shin Hye happily exclaimed while clapping her hands and jumping a little. She was so happy to see them that she momentarily forgot about Kyuhyun.

"We wouldn't miss this for the world." Kangin said as he affectionately ruffled Shin Hye's hair.

Shin Hye giggled. She didn't know why the public hates Kangin so much. If only they knew how sweet he actually is. No wonder he's called Kangbear by their fans. He may look strong on the outside but he is such a big cuddly bear inside.

"Plus, didn't you said there would be free meat that we can eat all we can?" Shindong said and gave her a wink.

"Yeah! Free meat!" Donghae and Eunhyuk chanted together.

Shin Hye laughed. "Of course! If you guys come here to eat, I'll always give you free meat!"

"Really?" Shindong, Donghae and Eunhyuk asked.

"Hmm.." Shin Hye puffed her cheeks out. "On second thought, maybe I'll just give you guys a discount."

"No.." Shindong whimpered.

"Shin Hye-ah!" Donghae said as he tapped her forehead lightly.

"Fine, fine! I'm kidding! I'll give you free meat if you come here!" Shin Hye laughed. "Come on. Let's get you guys a table." She said as she led them to a table.

"You guys!" Ryeowook exclaimed, stopping them from walking. "Let's wait for Kyuhyun."

Shin Hye slowly turned around and faced Ryeowook. "Kyuhyun's here?" She asked in an unusual high pitched voice.

Ryeowook nodded his head while smiling. "Yup! He's just parking the van."

"Oh. Okay." Shin Hye said. Her heart started thumping.

"But it's okay. We could sit on a table. He just have to come and find us." Ryeowook said. He walked ahead following his hyungs leaving a hyperventilating Shin Hye standing by the door.

"Okay, Shin Hye-ah. You can do this. Just act normal around him." She said to herself. "You're an actress. You could do this."

And she heard the door opening behind her. She didn't move. She just waited. She waited until she felt someone's presence behind her.

"Hi." Kyuhyun greeted her. His voice was low.

Shin Hye breathed out deeply before turning around to face him. "Oh. Hi. You're here, too." She said in her most normal, most non-chalant voice.

"Yeah. Should I not have come?" Kyuhyun asked unsurely.

Shin Hye laughed. "Nonsense! Everyone's welcome here." She smiled.

Kyuhyun smiled back. "Well, that's good to hear." He said while scratching the back of his neck. "Oh, uhm, here. For you. It's a congratulatory gift. For the restaurant's opening." He said as he extended a bottle of wine.

"Wow, thank you." Shin Hye said as she took the bottle for him. "Wine. Great. I'll make sure to give this to my parents since the restaurant is theirs."

"Oh. Okay. Great!" Kyuhyun said while nodding his head. He ran a hand through his hair. A sign that something's bothering him.

"Are you okay?" Shin Hye asked.

Kyuhyun let out a breath before speaking. "Uhm, yeah. Just.. About what happened the other night, could we maybe talk about it?"

Shin Hye opened to talk but closed it again. She blinked. Her resolve was crumbling. She's an actress. She just had to do what Ara told her. "The other night? What happened the other night?" She asked with an arched brow.

Kyuhyun narrowed his eyes at her. "In your apartment. When we kissed? Don't tell me you don't remember." He smirked.

"Oh! Right!" Shin Hye acted like she just remembered. "Yes. Something like that happened. I have been so busy these past few days I almost forgot."

"You almost forgot? Really?" Kyuhyun asked in a disbelieving tone.

Shin Hye smiled tightly. It doesn't seem like Kyuhyun was buying her act. "Yeah. I actually have been meaning to talk to you about that."

Kyuhyun smirked. "Oh, you do?"

"Yes, I do. I wanted to apologize. That was totally disrespectful. So, I'm sorry." Shin Hye said.

Kyuhyun frowned. "Disrespectful?" He repeated.

"Shin Hye-ah!"

Shin Hye and Kyuhyun both looked at the person who called her. Wow. Perfect timing. He could not arrive at a better time.

"Yonghwa-yah! You're here!" Shin Hye said.

"Of course." Yonghwa winked at her. To Kyuhyun, he bowed. "Hyung, annyeong hasseyo. You're here, too."

"Hey. Yeah. I sort of got dragged here by my hyungs." Kyuhyun said. Shin Hye could tell that he was not pleased. "I should go to my hyungs." He told Shin Hye. He turned and left the two.

"Okay. Have fun!" Shin Hye called out to Kyuhyun.

"You're funny." Yonghwa said while trying to surp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter